• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Father's love letter

SadEyes, God does love you. He does not make junk. He made you. He did not make junk when he made you. To say that you are worthless is to criticize God's work. Please don't do that. You are priceless.

There was a very long time that I felt the same way as you, but I've learned the truth and those days are long gone in the past. I also have a life threatening illness. I have Hep.C, and it is getting worse as time goes by. I have had it for around 35 years. There is only one possible cure for it known yet, and I have been having treatment dangled in front of me for several years by doctors, only to be told, "No, we can't" for one reason or another. My guess is that the real reason is insurance. It costs $3,000 per month, and it would be for a year. "Hope" is now dangling in front of me once again. I choose not to think about it because I choose to be happy. I also choose not to let the enemy get a grip on me. Jesus is my true Doctor. If I am to have treatment, He will provide it. Please hear me: He will provide.

He provided this website for you and for me. Isn't it beautiful? It was the Lord's desire to create this site through Chad. Chad heard his calling and answered with an amazing result. He provided us with all of these wonderful, loving brothers and sisters that are here for us. They, in turn, are also blessed because they have all of us! God created this new day for us to be able to fellowship with one another online, using the eyes that we see with and the fingers we type with. The provisions go on and on!
I have a very large family. Many are blood related, many are Christian family. That includes all of my brothers and sisters on this site. Do you understand, sister? I blend all into one. Jehovah God is the Father of all of us. Jesus is our Lord and we live by the Holy Spirit. Due to the fact that our Father does not want to try to force us to listen to Him, and He certainly shouldn't have to, we need to just stop and listen. He is here to help us through our joys and our sorrows. He does not want us to suffer alone. That is the enemy's intention so that our minds can wander into dark places, and we'll turn away from Him.

I seeked and found my Christian family here on earth that He provided for me. I know that I can pick up the phone, provided by Him for me (I'll let man think that I couldn't have it without them; He doesn't mind) and that they will be available for me. I can, and have, receive verbal and physical hugs from those beautiful people. I need to from time to time outside of church and Bible study because I live alone. I am also available for them when they need me. I also seeked and found this beautiful website. There is obviously very loving Christian family all around the world. And don't forget the Bible, Biblical related books, music, and whatever else you can grasp. Praise His Holy Name in prayer!

I am going to share with you what He did for me. The beginning of it is going to probably sound really stupid to you, and anyone else reading it, but that was part of His plans.

I found your prayer request on day #1. My intention was to ask for prayer for myself; for the Hep.C, but after I read yours, I paused, then I decided not to enter mine. I told myself that I would ask for prayer but that I would wait because I didn't want you to think I was copying you (don't ask me where that thought came from). I prayed for you then, and I still do. You are so lost, please quit letting the enemy have his way. Today I knew that I was going to share with you, and anybody else who reads this. I believe that I was steered away from my prayer request because if I hadn't, I wouldn't be sharing my testimony with you. SadEyes, I feel excited because I believe that God is at work for you!

You have been living by:
Psalm 44:15 - My disgrace is before me all day long, and my face is covered with shame.

How would you like to live by:
Galatians 5:22,23 - But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Did you know that part of your physical pain may be caused by how you are feeling about yourself? God bless you richly, sister, and please be aware that you are loved and respected. Don't let the enemy fool you any longer. :rose:

I really do not know what to say. You have put so much time and effort into writng these posts to me. Thank you

However, I still feel so confused and hopeless.

I don't know what to do first. Help!!!!

Staff Member
First make sure you read the Bible. Read Johns gospel in new testament. It is a good place to start. We will help you as much as we can online.

You will grow as you walk with Jesus. Just take one day at a time.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand what you read too.

I am normally in bed by now but just happened to check here before going to bed.

I am still praying for your healing too sister.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

The Lord will let you know how much you need to read in a day. He will guide you. All He asks is that you listen to Him, and obey His Word. He will do the rest.

Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you for the advice. How much should I read a day?

Don't stress about it, just read as you wish. As others said, GOD will guide you. However, there is no 'rule' on how much to read. GOD loves you, knows your heart and it pleases that you seek Him in Christ Jesus.

So read what you wish. One thing to remember is the Word is like spiritual food.

GOD bless

Hi

I agree with Chad.

One thing that I'll add is it will help you tremendously if you set some time daily to meditate on a portion of the scripture (maybe a specific verse that speaks to you), and talk with God.
It could be anything from 15- 30 mn a day.
You could chose to do so either in the morning or at night_the best thing would be to pencil God in for the day, like you would if you have a friend that you really love to talk to, and basically call him every single day to ask him "what's up?"

Confused again ...

I understand reading the Bible and I understand praying to God -

but what would I say for 15-30 minutes (my prayers are normally 15 - 30 seconds in length)?

If I telephoned you, I don't think that I could talk for that length of time non-stop, so how could I do that with God?
When I speak to my friends on the phone it is a conversation, not a monologue.

If I ask God what's up? how will I know his answer?

Sorry

Administrator
Staff Member
You can pray out loud or silent. GOD hears both ways. Please do not be confused about time in prayer, time in reading the Word. Just do as you feel in your heart and GOD will do His part as well over time. Be free, don't be locked in by others' advice of how long you should read, how long to meditate, etc.

When you talk to friends (and God is also your friend), you need to listen as well. Do you? You cannot, and should not, try to overpower God in a conversation. I hear nothing of your willingness to listen to Him. If you ask God, "What's up?" and you don't listen, you will not receive His answer. It doesn't mean that you are being ignored, it sounds that you are ignoring. He does answer. Turn off your computer, the t.v., the radio, the phone, whatever, and find a quiet spot. If you can't find one - make one. Some people go into a closet. If you need to get some ear plugs, do so. Pray, and know that you are not on a timer, so take as much time as you need.
Ask Him to open your mind for Him to come in. Rebuke the enemy, in the name of Jesus, when he tries to enter; which he (the enemy) will. Cover one thing at a time, and do not rush for an answer. Pray for patience if you need to. We are in "God's waiting room" here on earth; there is no need to rush for anything. To rush is to let the world grab ahold of your being. Let the answer from Him (and you will get one) flow into your heart. And then think about what He had said. When He lets you know that you really understand what He has told you, and He will, you can move to another topic if you feel comfortable, or you can wait for another time to continue on. This is one daily habit that is very acceptable, and great for you! Habits take time to learn, though.
Fifteen minutes sounds like a long time, but if you get into a really good conversation with Him, you may wind up saying, "Wow, it's been 57 minutes? Seems like only 15!" Give it a go and when you receive blessings, your spirits will be lifted and you can move on. :love:

I'm sorry. I was just trying to find out what I am supposed to be doing.

Underhiswing had said:

"basically call him every single day to ask him "what's up?"

which is why I had asked my question:

If I ask God what's up? how will I know his answer?

HappyCat, you wrote:

"I hear nothing of your willingness to listen to Him. "

Well that is what I am trying to find out how to do it.

HappyCat, you also say:

"
Let the answer from Him (and you will get one) flow into your heart."

What do you mean by this?

Sorry if I am asking basic questions, but I am only asking them because I don't know the answer.

Sorry, but it all seems so hard and confusing.

Staff Member
darling sister

I know everything is confusing when you are a new born believer. Prayer is simply talking to Jesus like you would talk to a friend.

He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. proverbs.18.24

As you grow in your faith you will find it easier.

Just start by thanking Jesus for dying for you to give you eternal life. That means that when we leave this earth we will live with Him for eternity.
Just open up your heart and pour out what is on your mind to Him. He knows everything but likes us to ask Him for our needs.

I will try and find something to help you with your prayer life. He is like a telephone line that is never busy.

God bless you dear one. :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply.

I understand that prayer is simply talking to Jesus, but what I still don't understand is how he talks back to me.

When I talk to my friend and she talks back to me, I hear her voice. Jesus doesn't have a voice (does he?), so, how do I know what he is saying?

Sorry

Staff Member
Ok I understand you.

Jesus will talk to us in different ways. Sometimes when we read the Bible a verse will jump out of the page at us. That is one way.

He also has a still small voice. It is not condemning either. The enemy will comdemn us.

He also will speak to us through other believers too.

It takes time to know when He is speaking to us.

If you play praise and worship music that can also speak to us.

Sometimes you will get a thought and that can be God speaking to you. You have to check with the Word of God in the Bible to see it lines up with what He says.

This will take some practice so do not worry too much about it.

Just remember to thank Jesus for what He is doing in your life and when you get blessed. He loves to hear us praising and thanking Him. He is worthy to be praised and worshipped and thanked and adored.

Tell Him you love him.

God bless: :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Thank you for explaining that. It makes more sense now.

However, in all honesty I am feeling very upset because I just think that this is all too hard for me to do.

I feel very ill and it just seems as though I am standing in front of a massive mountain (of things to do to be a Christian) and it is just too difficult to contemplate climbing.

I don't want to give in and I know that I am ill, tired and upset. However, I didn't think that it was going to be this hard!

Sorry

Staff Member
Being a born again Christian is not about rules and having to do things.

It is about having a personal relationship with Jesus who loves you so much.

I understand that you have health problems and pray that you will have peace through Jesus.

We give our burdens to Jesus.

He told us we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. John 8.32
Just take one day at a time.

It may seem hard for you. You are a baby Christian and need time to grow.

We only need to come to Jesus like a child.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Thank you for the advice. How much should I read a day?
How much Bible should you read each day? As much as you can. When you can't sleep, log into an internet Christian music station, let the music soothe you as you read.

Keep doing that day after day and the day will come when you experience real love. In the meantime, to paraphrase a slogan from Alcoholics Anonymous: "We (at Talk Jesus) will love you until you can love yourself."

SLE

I have started to read John's gospel as I was advised. It is very hard to know what to think about it.

Still feeling very upset and confused.

That you SLE for saying:

"We (at Talk Jesus) will love you until you can love yourself."

How can you (talk Jesus) love me?

You (talk Jesus) don't know me and if you did, you wouldn't want to love me in any case. One person has already told me that they think that I have a nasty attitude, so I am not expecting anybody to love me.

I think that it is very kind of you to say that:

"We (at Talk Jesus) will love you until you can love yourself."

- The problem is that I hate myself so I think that it would be a very long time before you (talk Jesus) could stop loving me because I can't imagine a time when I could even begin to love myself.

However SLE, I really appreciate the sentiments of your post, so thank you for taking the time to write it.

I just hope that I am not too much of a hopeless case for God.

Sorry

Staff Member
Hi there dear sister

Nobody is too hopeless for God. God is love.

We love you with the love of the Lord. Love that is unconditional. Jesus in us helps us to reach out and love others.

You are now a new creation as you have given your life to Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5.17.

Read Psalm 139. It is a wonderful Psalm.

Also you need to know who you are in Christ.

This will help you so much.

http://www.talkjesus.com/get-saved-now/9340-christ-i-am.html

When you read something it may not make sense but it is good to read the same thing several times. At different times something new will come clear. Before you read the Bible ask the Holy Spirit to help you to understand what you read.

While you were still a sinner Jesus died for you. That is how much He loves you.

I just found this and it is beautiful. The Interview With God
God bless
Love in Christ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Last edited: