Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

everyone sins

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by mcgeebaypackers, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Bother it is more than a possession it is parting with your adamic nature. In Romans 7. Paul references our relationship with the law of sin as the relationship of man and wife... YEP! We are / were married to it Check this out it is a great read ........ I pray the Lord brings you understanding as you read this. Amen

peter
    This is a great read

Romans 7 (NASB)

7 Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives? 2 For the married woman is bound by law to her a]">[a]husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law b]">[b]concerning the husband. 3 So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.

4 Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in c]">[c]the members of our body to bear fruit for death. 6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the d]">[d]Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except e]">[e]through the Law; for I would not have known about f]">[f]coveting if the Law had not said, “You shall not g]">[g]covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me h]">[h]coveting of every kind; for apart i]">[i]from the Law sin is dead. 9 I was once alive apart j]">[j]from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was k]">[k]to result in life, proved l]">[l]to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

2. Yes, sin is no simple matter but, as a human, very simple to do, here just a few aspects of sin that I have learned:
    • This is not spelled out in scripture verbatim, but, by the nature of God, I think it is very true, so just think about it for a bit: In God's absolute perfection, anything we do that is not of his nature, can not coexist with him. So, anything that we do that is not of God is a sin. Two quick examples would be being afraid or doubt. Pretty innocuous events but sin nonetheless! And, there many of these "little sins"!
    • To be totally sinless and acceptable by God would require for us to be sinless 24/7. God once said that if you fail just one aspect of his law, you have failed the entire law. There is no difference here between completing the law and being sinless.
    • It is impossible for carnal man to go without sin, not for very long anyway. Regardless, to comply with God's perfection, you would have to go with out sin forever!
    • In Romans 7, Paul tells us about his struggle with doing right.
    • Thanks be to God , because in Romans 8:1 Paul sates what the finished work of Jesus Christ has done for us!

3. To understand Romans 7 you need to understand what a law is. The law of sin is the one we are speaking of. It is like the law of gravity if you drop a ball it is going to fall any where in the world if you drop a ball it will fall. But you could defy gravity and hold the ball but eventually it will fall. So as you and sin, I myself will pray and tell God I won't think ugly things about certain people and it always happens. Read the old testament God brought His people out of Egypt parted the red sea hovered over them in a cloud protected them from the sun kept them warm through the nights, fed them manna from the sky and what did they do....... sin not once but time and time again.
    Me I thought God if you did all those miracles in front of me I would never sin again .....I am just like them......Romans goes on to talk about dying to the law of sin and taking on the Life through Jesus Christ

peter

4. If you can go a day or two without sin you can many more. I have never said that I felt like a person could go their whole lives without sinning; there would be no need for you to need Jesus if you could.

"Why was Jesus sacrificed?"

I John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I believe that Jesus showed us what was expected of us, as well as dying on the cross to pay the price for our sins. I believe that when Jesus says to pick up your cross and follow me, that he meant for us to crucify our flesh just like he did, so that we can be resurrected anew just like He was. If I'm wrong then I'll pay for it, but I believe that Jesus meant for us to be free of sin here in this life not to have to wait for the next to be free.

I believe people often misinterpret Romans 7 as Paul admitting to his struggles with sin. He has many more verses where he seems to be saying that he doesn't have problems with sin, like where he says that he keeps his body under control:

I Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

he also says in Galatians that people that do sinful things will not inherit the kingdom of God:

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

but I suppose certain people would say that these verses are not referring to "saved" Christians because what? God doesn't see our sins anymore? Really? Paul tells the Corinthians to cast a man out of the church, if Paul himself admittedly sins all the time like some would lead you to believe then he seems pretty hypocritical to me, regardless of what sin the man might have committed who Paul wanted out of the church.

Now, mcgeebaypackers, of the sins that you do commit, do you repeat the same ones over and over? If, yes, I guess you are sorry for them but you keep doing them, right?

I agree with RJ that it is impossible for "carnal" men to obey God's commandments, that is why we are told in Romans that we are to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. If you still see yourself as a carnal man then you are also walking in the flesh and not covered by the blood of Christ.

5. I'm not going to sit here and try to force what I believe on you though, mcgeebaypackers, it is your walk with God not mine. You'll answer for yourself and so will I. Maybe you would like to tear what I believe apart with scripture, or whatever, if you have anymore questions about what I believe I'll try to answer them the best that I can. If you're fair and honest about it you might see that I have just as much reason for believing what I believe as anyone else though.

6. Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Which should mean that if ye be led of the flesh that you are under the law. What then is being led of the flesh?
    Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Sent from a Samsung mobile device
  8. It has always been filled with sin, but I believe the sin is inside the church in a way that it has never been before.

Peace be unto you, mcgeebaypackers.

9. I wouldn't do that. I honestly don't know scripture as well as I should. Just like you said it's your walk with God not mine. I'm not here to judge you on what you believe in. I just feel like this world is so filled with sin it's extremely hard for a Christian to even live in it.
    I agree with you mcgeebaypackers, you are completely right, it is not extremely hard, it is impossible.
    I have a past post about, It is impossible to be a Christian. The point is we can't be a Christian but we can let Christ be one through us.

• Your here for a purpose.
    • Keep reading your Bible and you will be fine. You already have a good grasp about sin and that didn't come from you but God, so you are on the right track!
    • Glad to have you here!

mcgeebaypackers likes this.
  10. It is a good thing that we are talking about a God that deals with the impossible.

mcgeebaypackers likes this.
  11. Indeed as has been said everyone has sinned and come short, but must it always be so? Jesus overcame sin and everything that tempted him in his world before he was crucified (John 16:33). Many promises tare provided to overcomers in the Revelation chapters 1 and 2. The overcoming is not to be done after our flesh dies but while it remains a lure to us (examples in I John 2:16 ). Impossible some say? For any man alone certainly, but we are to become like him. We may have longer road to hall because our history of sin and our bad habits, but for God in us is it impossible? If we say so, we are, I believe, in effect calling Jesus a liar.

Stickz likes this.
  12. I can't compare myself to Jesus, I don't even come close. he is far better then any man/woman that has ever walked this earth and can overcome anything even death. He is perfect. But with God nothing is impossible. ..if he is for us what can stand against us.

13. Do you folks understand grace? It has nothing to do with what you do or what you have done it is about what He did............. His blood atone for ALL your sins......

peter

14. In my opinion I feel like sin is the cause of our death but as we ask God for forgiveness but through Jesus we are forgiven and after we die we live a external life as Jesus was the one to save us from our sins as he paid the price on the cross. Jesus knows the past, present, future of our sins but he paid for it so we could live life.

RJ likes this.
  15. That's right, he was the perfect sacrifice, he paid for it all through his finished work on the cross.. The Bible says, Jesus is our High Priest and, unlike the priests of old whose work was never finished, Jesus did his work an sat down at the right side of the Father for all eternity.....you are forgiven!

16. mcgeebaypackers, since this is your thread, I'm going to ask you, but all answers are welcome. How do you interpret the following verses? Go ahead and read the chapter, or whatever, I don't want to be accused of trying to take anything out of context, but the verses I've given are the main focus.

Galatians 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

I Corinthians 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
    I Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
    I Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
    I Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
    I Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    I Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

By the way, amadeus, I agree with you: the overcoming of things that the Bible speaks of must come in this life. Thanks for your post/support.

If Jesus had accomplished everything for us, as some of you say, then he never would have told us to pick up our crosses and follow him.

17. Amen! When anyone confesses that it is impossible, to me that sounds like a negative faith. If we can never arrive a point where we will always please God, then what was the point of the sacrifice of Jesus:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2
    Perhaps, now, as Paul puts we see through a "glass darkly" (I Cor 13:12) but nonetheless we do already have "eyes to see" if we are believers in even a measure. This is our vision which needs to get clearer until we are able to his "face" as it really is.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

18. ph8th said,

Jesus became the Door (gate), the open Door that was closed and guarded after Adam and Eve were put outside of the garden. Still, even though the gate is open, not just anyone can enter in and partake of the Tree of Life. Remember the man who came to the feast but did not have on a proper garment [Matt 22:12]? He cast back out into outer darkness. What are the proper garments?

19. Stickz this is the reason I joined this site. so I can bounce back information between other Christians and you've opened my eyes to a few things. But I don't what you to miss interpret what I was originally getting at. I'm not saying it's OK to sin by any means. You should do everything in your power not to sin but not everyone is strong enough to resist temptations and they fall back into sin. Does that mean that they don't love God or believe in him anymore? When you disobey your parents does that mean you don't love them? No we make mistakes. Theirs a difference between someone who lives in sin and someone who does their best not to sin but happens to stumble. I believe in god our father and have accepted Jesus as lord. My line may not be straight but in the end it will lead to god. I pray that I can be faithful to god and overcome temptations but if I fail I pray God will forgive me and have mercy on my soul.

RJ likes this.
  20. Look mcgeebaypackers, you are exactly right on your assessment of sin. I would also say, even if you don't have all the scriptures in front of you, you are much like Peter, where God has revealed this to you, and proof of your faith. Believe this, from Christ's finished work on the cross, you are forgiven. What you are doing now are known a first fruits of the Holy Spirit....congratulations and keep reading your Bible and keep growing! Can I just call you Mcgee?

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)