Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

everyone sins

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by mcgeebaypackers, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I don't care if your a pope, pastor, priest, president etc..every single person on this planet has 1 if not more sins they are dealing with. The severity of the sins depends on that person. Their has only been one perfect being to walk this earth and it's definitely not any of us.

Sent from a Samsung mobile device
  2. Welcome to the forums

mcgeebaypackers likes this.
  3. Welcome.

Yeah, scripture does say that we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God, but wouldn't you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere on the amount of sin that one could continue to commit each day before you begin to wonder about their relationship with God? If so, where exactly do you draw the line?

4. Welcome!
    You can add my name to that list...... I thank God for the grace that is found in His Son Jesus
    It is through Him and His righteousness that I may be right before God ...
    not mine but His.

I never knew love so true
    Till I knew love from You
    It is a gift given
    Not for what I do
    It is the gift of grace
    That comes from You
    Thank You Lord!

peter​

5. I Peter 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
    I Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: An "example" is something that was meant to be followed. You think that you cannot follow Christ? Where is your faith?
    I Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
    I Peter 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
    I Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
    I Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. Going astray, how? Returned must mean that we should not remain in the previous state.

6. Yea I do agree with you Stickz a line must be drawn and you should do your best not to sin but look at the world we live in today it's filled with temptations and we all fall short.. sin is literally at the palm of your hand with the technology of phones. God new what this world would become and what would be in it, that's one of the reasons Jesus sacrifice was so important. Could you imagine if we still had to sacrifice a lam or any animal in that matter to be forgiven for our sins, their wouldn't be an animal left on earth.

7. mcgeebaypackers, do you believe that God can completely cure someone of a cancer, or give someone back their legs who had lost them in a bad car wreck? I'm not wanting to argue with you at all, I'm just asking you a question. And, I do realize that the two things that I just mentioned are not things that we all see everyday, but do you believe them to be possible? If you do, what is the difference between those two things and removing sin from your life?

When scripture says by his stripes ye were healed couldn't that also include sin? Or, is sin different somehow?

8. I absolutely believe God can do those things, god makes the impossible possible. Just like you said we don't see those things everyday but we do see sin everyday.The difference between them is cancer or having broken legs isn't going to dam you to hell. You can ask God to heal of those but will he? I don't know. But he will heal you of sin. Hope I answered you ? Correctly.

• Welcome to T.J.!
    • Excellent point, we all sin and in need of forgiveness.
    • You can not, not sin!
    • Any and all sin separates us from the Almighty!
    • Continual, repeated sin without a repentant heart indicates a non-regenerated or saved person.
    • The only unforgivable sin is unbelief and no faith in Jesus Christ's finished work.

9. Couldn't have said it better

10. Does He heal sin or forgive sin? Until we died to the law of sin we cannot live to the law of life?

peter

11. Both, in order to be healed you must be forgiven first.

12. Well, hold onto it if you want, it is your choice.

13. Hold onto what?

14. LOL............errrrrrrrrrr SIN maybe

15. I didn't know sin was something you could hold onto as if it were some sort of possession. I don't want sin I deal with it just like everyone else in the world and look forward to the day we won't have to anymore.

RJ likes this.
  16. I would like to ask you a question now. The day you were saved and accepted Jesus as your lord are you telling me you never sinned again?

17. Yes, I've sinned and fallen away from God before. I believe that one can "lose their salvation" and feel that I've done so, but I have also gone many days without sinning so don't understand when people talk like it is something that can't be done.

Now, let me ask you a question: What sin(s) do you commit every single day that you just can't keep yourself from doing because it is impossible? I believe a lot of people say that they think they sin everyday just because they've been told that they do. I think there a lot of people out there that have the wrong idea about what sin is. Some have told me that we sin everyday just because we have a bad thought, and I do not agree with that. Jesus had bad thoughts enter his head. They will become sin if we let them. We can keep them from doing so.

18. Well my friend I have too gone days without sinning thats indeed possible. But I don't thinks it possible to be completely without sin through out your entire life. your flesh craves it, you don't want to sin but you find yourself falling back into it then you feel guilty. And depending on the thought it can be a sin. Jesus said that if you take another woman into your mind you are committing adultery. I hear people say the Lord's name in vain every day, I hate that word and every time I hear it I ask God to forgive me even tho it wasn't me that said it...because when I hear it it's put into my head. I hate that word. I'm not sure if theirs a significance to the order of the commandments but that's # 2.
    And just like your sin (s) mine are between me and god.

19. [QUOTE="Stickz, post: 250719, member: another question for you. Why was Jesus sacrificed?

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)