• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Do you feel as though you are not covered spiritually if you are not part of a church fellowship?

Do you feel as though you are not covered spiritually if you are not part of a church fellowship?

• YES

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Loyal
My Lady and I have not been part of a church 'fellowship' for more than thirty years, and you can bet the farm that we ARE covered spiritually by our Jesus.

My Lady and I have not been part of a church 'fellowship' for more than thirty years, and you can bet the farm that we ARE covered spiritually by our Jesus.

Oh Glory be to Jesus Christ who sits at the right hand of our Father in Heaven! How do you know you are covered?

@SearchforBelievers

Your signature says it

OneWayOneTruthOneLife = JesusChrist

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

Fragrant Grace, may the Lord bless you, and keep you. Was the question given towards you for the purposes of one's clarification? As you said the signature says it. Rather, this gate was opened for Bendito, you climbed in some other way. You have not answered the thread itself, and that is the main purpose for this discussion. Thank you, and may His Grace, and MERCY CONTINUE TO COMFORT YOU IN YOUR TIME OF NEED.

Staff Member
Fragrant Grace, may the Lord bless you, and keep you. Was the question given towards you for the purposes of one's clarification? As you said the signature says it. Rather, this gate was opened for Bendito, you climbed in some other way. You have not answered the thread itself, and that is the main purpose for this discussion. Thank you, and may His Grace, and MERCY CONTINUE TO COMFORT YOU IN YOUR TIME OF NEED.

Greetings @SearchforBelievers

I saw your post and answered!
Im sure brother @Bendito will forgive me for gate crashing.

In answer to the thread......We have salvation in Christ alone.
The church fellowship cannot ever cover us.

Loyal
Greetings @SearchforBelievers

I saw your post and answered!
Im sure brother @Bendito will forgive me for gate crashing.

In answer to the thread......We have salvation in Christ alone.
The church fellowship cannot ever cover us.
FG I enjoy your posts THank you for this one.

This is an open forum, anybody can add to the converstation as far as I'm concerned. Why? It's an open forum.

Staff Member
Greetings,

does that mean i am welcome, too?
(think before answering!)

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Col 1:24; Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "the church". A denomination? A building?
Or simply other believers? I personally believe if we aren't part of "the body (the church)" we aren't saved at all.

Eph 5:23; For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

Active
I havent heard of this covering thing so not sure what you mean...can you explain. Do you mean in prayer? Head coverings?

I thought Jesus clothed us, we dont get clothed by anyone else. Church fellowship is good though as we are all part of the body of christ and need each other. We cant say because you are a toe and I am a finger that we not part of the same body and dont need each other. But the head of the body of course is Jesus not anyone of us.

Loyal
I havent heard of this covering thing so not sure what you mean...can you explain. Do you mean in prayer? Head coverings?

I thought Jesus clothed us, we dont get clothed by anyone else. Church fellowship is good though as we are all part of the body of christ and need each other. We cant say because you are a toe and I am a finger that we not part of the same body and dont need each other. But the head of the body of course is Jesus not anyone of us.

When men first became aware and ashamed of his nakedness, he made an effort to cover his shame:

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons." Gen 3:7

But... God recognized that man's own covering would always fall short. He provided a temporary covering until it was time for Jesus for

"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." Gen 3:21

The inadequacy of the temporary covering is made clearer was shown here with regard to a high priest, Joshua, one of the descendants of Aaron here:

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by." Zech 3:3-5

John the Baptist was as the forerunner of Jesus and baptized people in water showing them that they were to be covered completely, but it was still only a type of shadow of the real thing that was to come because of Jesus:

"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:5

The Holy Ghost is our real covering, which if not quenched will cover us against all of our adversaries. Consider Peter's words:

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins." I Peter 4:8

Real charity [Love] only comes to whosoever will by and through the Holy Ghost.

Active
I thought it was Jesus as we are 'clothed in Christ' while the holy spirit is on the inside.
Galatians 3:27

If we are not baptised we aren't really covered. Whether this is as part of a church or not is debatable because disciples are told to baptise others I don't think anyone comes to Christ all on their ownsome - someone has to tell them the gospel, someone has to baptise and someone has to witness.

This all happens with the holy spirit of course but God uses men and women of God to minister to others but nobody should teach it's ONLY the church that covers you it's actually Jesus. If you want to snob your brothers and sisters in christ though that's a different matter, if you refuse to give clothing to someone who's naked or in need and just pray for them instead James if he were here would rebuke you soundly.