• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

do demons influence Christians?

Active
We should ever be faith filled as we sometimes go through things which we don't understand. My computer is very important to me and with bible, important works of study etc. Demons called hackers were not ministering to me when they destroyed my computer.
They are here to teach you to be perfect.
Perhaps they came to test whether your relationship with Christ depends on study tools or other forms of control that stem from human effort and understanding?
Judging by the outcome you passed the test.

We can choose a victim mentality.
We can choose a victors mentality.

It needs be that trials come because Jesus said "be perfect".
Without fiery trials how would we be trained enough to become perfected.
Before I was a believer I used to say "pain is my teacher".
I was amused when I found that principle in scripture also.
The Lord is "helping thou" our unbelief.

Last edited:
There are different types of wisdom (James Chapter 3) and only one seems to emanate from God the other two reek of the flesh and the devil.
So in my opinion yes, the flesh of any man can be influenced by demonic forces. The only real defence is a renewed mind (according to the Spirit Rom_12:2 , Eph_4:23 ) and a walk encompassed in the Spirit ( Gal_5:16).

Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Rom. 10:17 faith comes by hearing.

That question about the need for relationship With Jesus ,without study tools I discern is perceived on different levels.

Some would see that statement as saying we don't need the bible or other things. For sure if we didn't have th scripture of Rom. 8: we wouldn't know all things work together for good. Heb. 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God. That is how we know we can have relationship.

It is a learned experience that after walking in a relationship with God that that relationship is never as perfect as can be. To be a good prayrer warrior a person will use the sword of the Spirit against the enemy. Eph.6: is the passage about the armor of God. A lot of people
say they put on the armor of God but they don't know that it is through the use of the word of God.

Daniel was praying for 21 days and hindered by Satan. God sent Michael to fight with other angels with him to get the answer through to Dan. It would be hard to believe that it was not more profitable for Dan. to have the answer right away. Dan. 10:13

A relationship with God is the only way to have answered prayers.

Eph. 4:11-15 these will reveal that through the word taught us we are brought to perfection. These dedicated ministry --5-fold-- bring the body to perfection through the word. Then we see that they are brought into fullness of Christ which comes by the Holy Spirit. That is fullness through fellowship and that also is the bringing forth of perfection. God bless.

Active
That question about the need for relationship With Jesus ,without study tools I discern is perceived on different levels.

Some would see that statement as saying we don't need the bible or other things. For sure if we didn't have the scripture of Rom. 8: we wouldn't know all things work together for good. Heb. 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God. That is how we know we can have relationship.
Agreed my brother,we need to study,we need fellowship,uplifting music can lift us out of dark thinking.
I have seen times when I was denied all these things at the same time and had to rely on what I had memorized.The first time this happened I did not fair well.

While I have resources to study I study.
Whenever there is opportunity to fellowship I take it
and I will memorize hymns and songs while I hear them.

I will not stock up on food out of fear because I am to believe that like the birds my Father is able to feed me and cloth me.

I believe the Mayan thing was simply that they could not see past that date so I think there may be a change in the way time operates in the universe(scientists know time is relative).
The 100 % increase in the placebo/nocebo effect also is very significant.
There are clues as to what is taking place.

influence

1 Cor. 10:13 in this passage we see the persons in which the application may ever apply, are going to be tempted to the place that they would be
more than they could bare.

By God's intervention, they will be able to bare it. We have to see that God is glorified by his faithfulness in delivering so that that doesn't occur.

The tempter is restrained, because his designs are not for the benefit of the one tempted. The scripture doesn't guarantee that one who is tempted who is out of fellowship with God will be delivered, only that God promises one who is faithful will have a way of escape.

Just one example for this is that a person may have to hear God speak to them showing the wisdom on how to deal with that particular situation they are facing. They must listen to that wisdom. They will learn a lesson from not listening but what if it is a life and death issue.

John Alexander Dowie learned that lesson when he was in his office. He kept hearing God tell him to leave but he didn't listen for a few times, then he decided to act on the voice. He got out in a nick of time when the office blew up. The devil tried to kill him. God delivered him. He obeyed.

The apostle Paul was let down in a basket, why? The devil was out to kill him. Sometimes the Lord lets people choose their own ways of escape. I know it wasn't temptation here. God can make our enemies serve us but they are bent on our destruction.

In David's place, his lesson is punishment. He gave into temptation. He is forgiven, but he will have trouble in his house forever. We are sure God made a way of escape, he was already surrounded with a harem of wonderful women. He had to have more.

Take notice that when David was immediately forgiven, in his not so distant past he had forgiven Saul who was trying to kill him. Nathan tells him when he is repenting right then God has forgiven you. The principle is forgive and you shall be forgiven.

We err when we say that " to minister" only refers to doing good. To minister, according to my dictionary, means to bring a service to someone. Demons, therefore, are ministering spirits that bring (minister) evil to their victims.

SLE

serv·ice

<sup>1 </sup>   [sur-vis] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, serv·iced, serv·ic·ing.
noun 1. an act of helpful activity; help; aid: to do someone a service.

2. the supplying or supplier of utilities or commodities, as water, electricity, or gas, required or demanded by the public.

3. the providing or a provider of accommodation and activities required by the public, as maintenance, repair, etc.: The manufacturer guarantees service and parts.

4. the organized system of apparatus, appliances, employees, etc., for supplying some accommodation required by the public: a television repair service.

5. the supplying or a supplier of public communication and transportation: telephone service; bus service.

Active
Just one example for this is that a person may have to hear God speak to them showing the wisdom on how to deal with that particular situation they are facing. They must listen to that wisdom.
That is more than just an example that is the "way".
I would have been dead many years ago if I had not followed this path every minute.I would rather do nothing than move without clarity in knowing I am moving in love and faith.These are exactly the kind of things that train us to listen to the Comforter.

1 Cor. 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This says it is God who is faithful,but you can't please God without faith so you can overcome evil by having faith that all things work together for good.Then you win the battle and you get the rare opportunity to produce the only substance that pleases God and that of course is faith.

Last edited:
They are here to teach you to be perfect.
Perhaps they came to test whether your relationship with Christ depends on study tools or other forms of control that stem from human effort and understanding?
Judging by the outcome you passed the test.

We can choose a victim mentality.
We can choose a victors mentality.

It needs be that trials come because Jesus said "be perfect".
Without fiery trials how would we be trained enough to become perfected.
Before I was a believer I used to say "pain is my teacher".
I was amused when I found that principle in scripture also.
The Lord is "helping thou" our unbelief.

This is a religious answer, but what does the WORD say?

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Teaching you to be perfect is a positive thing. This verse says they are here for only negative. Your destruction.

minister

In Matt. 4:4 as well as other verses there we have Satan using the word of God. The devil uses the word of God also.

2Cor. 11:14 Satan transforms himself into a angel of light. Maitraya does this as a sign that he is god. He turns into a flash of light. Aquarius, age of evil , the tube shows this stuff.

2Cor. 3:7 speaks of a ministration of death. 3:9 righteousness brings life, condemnation is removed by that ministration of righteousness.

death is a ministration which when it is finished will not work for good.
Apostacy from the faith in 1Tim. 4:1 was due to ministering seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. apostacy proves that first they were weak Christians but Christians none th less. They fell away---not for good. My prayers go out to weak Christians who sit under weak ministry. Cannot blame churches only though. False doctrine comes from all directions. with love I sha

Active
This is a religious answer, but what does the WORD say?
Really,what religion?
I've been looking for people who believe all things work together for good and I have not yet found any.

I find many who glorify and fear darkness but few who believe it is so that the Glory of God might be known.

Teaching you to be perfect is a positive thing. This verse says they are here for only negative. Your destruction.
I think we my simply be looking for something different.

Proverbs 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

What seeth thee anyway.

Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth;
and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

As for me and may tongue we shall serve the Lord and believe that all things work together for good.

Last edited:
Really,what religion?
I've been looking for people who believe all things work together for good and I have not yet found any.

I find many who glorify and fear darkness but few who believe it is so that the Glory of God might be known.

I think we my simply be looking for something different.

Proverbs 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

What seeth thee anyway.

Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth;
and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

As for me and may tongue we shall serve the Lord and believe that all things work together for good.

Very simply put...If it does not line up with GODs WORD, its just empty lifeless nonsense
Religion= a series of do's and don't's; mores, and taboos, and superstitions. Nothing more.

So tell me...how does being attacked and molested by demons demonstrate the Glory of GOD? Except when you pick up the WORD and use it against these foul creatures? Except when you allow GOD free reign in your life to keep HIS WORD?

So tell me...how does being attacked and molested by demons demonstrate the Glory of GOD?

When God fulfills his promise of being faithful and delivering us from these attacks. I see what cross is saying, sometimes spiritual warfare can even teach us valuable lessons. Something we may not discern properly until we reflect back at a later time. It can increase our faith in God's ability to deliver us.

When God fulfills his promise of being faithful and delivering us from these attacks. I see what cross is saying, sometimes spiritual warfare can even teach us valuable lessons. Something we may not discern properly until we reflect back at a later time. It can increase our faith in God's ability to deliver us.

So you're saying that GOD sets us free from demonic attack. I agree. Are you saying HE does it automatically? IF so we disagree.

Remember the verse...
2 Corinthians 12:10 (King James Version)

<sup class="versenum" id="en-KJV-29033">10</sup>Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

The Message version puts it well...

2 Corinthians 12:10 (The Message)

<sup class="versenum" id="en-MSG-12351">7-10</sup>Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

In verse 9 where Paul was asking GOD to take away the 'thorn' GOD said "My grace (My empowering PRESENCE) is sufficient for you. GOD was telling Paul to take up the WORD and take the victory over the thing himself, thus giving GOD glory.

Active
-10Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
Paul is basically agreeing with me,he is saying.
At the end of the day I learned how to lean on the Lord and not my own understanding.

I often say friends are for comfort but it takes a powerful enemy to learn perfection.
If we fail we still learn from it ,in fact I would bet we learn more from losing than winning.
Does my positive way of seeing things bother anyone?
Should I give more reverence to darkness?

Or should I believe that all things work together for good and have faith and walk out the victory?

Last edited:
Loyal
Or should I believe that all things work together for good and have faith and walk out the victory?

There is a saying, a half truth is a whole lie. Using half of a Bible verse is like this.

...to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Does everyone love God?

Matt 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Matt 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Matt 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Matt 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

2Pet 2:2 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;

The Bible says few will find life, many will find destruction, even some of those who think they are following Jesus will be told he never knew them.

1Thes 5:3 While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

No where does it say everyone is going to heaven. In fact it says the opposite. Everyone is definitely NOT going to heaven.
All this doctrine about God is all love, we're all good, it's all safe, we're all going to heaven is false doctrine.
People don't want to hear that. That's the trouble with many churches today, preachers tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.

Last edited:
Active
Does everyone love God?
I was referring to myself(and anyone else who feels they qualify) and yes,I love God and I am called according to his purpose.

No where does it say everyone is going to heaven. In fact it says the opposite. Everyone is definitely NOT going to heaven.
Did I say anything to the contrary in these posts.

All this doctrine about God is all love, we're all good, it's all safe, we're all going to heaven is false doctrine.
Did I say that?
Do I have a doctrine?
I thought I was just quoting scripture and believing what the word says.

That's the trouble with many churches today, preachers tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.
I am not a church and I have no doctrine just a risen savior and his words and faith in God's ability to deliver me from all of my trials.But thank you for your opinion.

Last edited:
Active
Religion= a series of do's and don't's; mores, and taboos, and superstitions. Nothing more.
I asked you "what religion" not what is religion.

Please re post my post and point out the parts you feel are religious.
I don't belong to any religion and I adopted a way of seeing things that works abundantly.

So tell me...how does being attacked and molested by demons demonstrate the Glory of
GOD? Except when you pick up the WORD and use it against these foul creatures? Except when you allow GOD free reign in your life to keep HIS WORD?
Well you just made my point,hopefully it causes you to do the things you mentioned so you produce faith, learn and glorify God.If you don't then the beatings will continue until moral improves.

Think about it brother,I can whine and worry in unbelief or I can say ,"No this has only come that God may be Glorified".Then simply ask the Holy Spirit how this thing entered the scene and once the Holy Spirit teaches you why it's there and how to overcome it you do that thing it tells you to do.You kill three birds with one stone then.You produce faith that pleases God and you learn more about kingdom authority and your trial is won.Even if I lose I please God by having faith(if I actually tried) and I learn about kingdom authority(that I need more).

Last edited:
I asked you "what religion" not what is religion.

Please re post my post and point out the parts you feel are religious.
I don't belong to any religion and I adopted a way of seeing things that works abundantly.

Think about it brother,I can whine and worry in unbelief or I can say ,"No this has only come that God may be Glorified".Then simply ask the Holy Spirit how this thing entered the scene and once the Holy Spirit teaches you why it's there and how to overcome it you do that thing it tells you to do.You kill three birds with one stone then.You produce faith that pleases God and you learn more about kingdom authority and your trial is won.Even if I lose I please God by having faith(if I actually tried) and I learn about kingdom authority(that I need more).

This is the 'religious' part of your answer. "They are here to teach you to be perfect.
Perhaps they came to test whether your relationship with Christ depends on study tools or other forms of control that stem from human effort and understanding?"

That is not what the WORD says. It says the enemy comes to steal kill and destroy. Just that.

Now I'm going going out on the road again. See you in a week or two. GOD Blessed you.

Active
That is not what the WORD says. It says the enemy comes to steal kill and destroy. Just that.
No actually the verse goes on to say"but I have come that they might have life and have it more abundantly.

This is the 'religious' part of your answer. "They are here to teach you to be perfect.
Perhaps they came to test whether your relationship with Christ depends on study tools or other forms of control that stem from human effort and understanding?"
Where are my does and don't,s,please point out each do and each don't.I don't see any taboos either so point that out also.It's not a superstition because I have ample scripture to back it up.Also did you notice the word "perhaps"?

It's more of a way of seeing things that puts Jesus on the throne instead of my problem.
I never said if anyone does not see things this way they can't enter in.It's just helpful to me to see things this way and since we are all different it might help someone else like me.I never meant that it was a rule just a really cool way to give Glory to God.

Last edited:
no trials???

Several years ago there were two errors that popped up. one was that we should thank God for trials. Thank you Lord for giving me Cancer in other words. the truth is we should give thanks to God in trials for our healing, not for the trial itself, but thanks and praise for deliverance before
it manifests.

The other which Ken Copeland advocates is we don't ever have any trials.
or after growing in faith we shouldn't have any because we should have control of everything. Based on his other heredical doctrines-- not at this time so we can stay on the subject at hand.
Every trial which sometimes can be some opposition, must be overcome by faith---but first there must be a trial. He specifically states we should have no---trials. Positive confession can be understood through the case of Moses at the sea. first the trial---Pharaoh is coming, then as God said to Moses you stretch out the rod and command the sea.

This doesn't always occur as we know Stephen is stoned to death even though he confesses he sees Jesus standing there looking down. The blessing of going to heaven does not eliminate the trial, nor does a confession change God's eternal purposes as in Stephen's case.

The object of learning wisdom is to made better, not angry which is to forfeit wisdom, my own wisdom here.

To be clear, God turns all things to work for good, and a positive confession is like the aroma of a sweet smelling savor. the key word is balance of truth.