• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

do demons influence Christians?

Have you ever wondered why you can't break a bad habit?
Do people seem a little bit wicked around you.
are people reading your mind?
Do you share Jesus with people and then things seem to go wrong?
You find yourself depressed, maybe suicidal.
For some reason the things you use for good break and quit?
When you pray and study bible with a true heart desire for God, friends dessert you?
Bad things keep happening to you.
You feel you have some kind of power over people
Your seeing strange things.
Temptations are strong towards you.
You feel like a loser.
Your emotions are out of control.
always sick?
These are just a few things I have dealt with over the 40 years walking with the Lord. He has always been faithful to deliver.
Now demons scream and try to choke those who they come out of. They are saved but need deliverance from past which won't let them go. That is so they won't be strong mature Christians serving God and
being sold out as faithful disciples.

Believe me when you push forward with God or serve him you will know who the devil is. I have fellowshipped with many Christians who are having trouble.

Here is a experience to prove it.
A brother once who was a song leader in the church, who you knew had a genuine conversion, was back sliding in his walk. I was the church bass player. I walked past him and he said hay there boss hogs. That you can tell is not very spiritual. Well on the way to church I was driving past a car which was a big cadillac and had the horns on the front of it. I said that car looks like boss hogs car.

How did he know that---it was a demon speaking through him. This has happened more times than I have eaten breakfast. It is not to be feared, it helps us know how to find out the activity of the demonic in people to set them free. This is part of the commission by Jesus in
Mark 16:. Jesus came to set free from sin and the demons work. to be continued.

Active
OK,let's not frighten the children.
I have had some unusual experiences but no more unusual than any dream.I had to learn to control my fear because he stands over my head with a base ball bat waiting for me to fear or drop my guard.

My enemy is my teacher,light is formed in thick darkness.
He has trained me to look only at the word and not my five senses.
There is nothing new under the sun and the past is one of many possibilities.There is no set future in linear time,only now and next and they are governed by the patterns and cycles that are revealed in the word of God.

To see is to believe but In Christ I must believe to see.
Blessed are those who do not see and yet believe.

Now it does not always indicate demonic activity when people drop key words on you.Since the Holy Spirit will show us things to come.
Time is bouncy and the "next"is always strategically trying to come into the "now".
Darkness wants to enter my now.
Light wants to enter my now.
Whats next?

It's what I say is next,but there might be some other commands(things I spoke in fear or unbelief) in the Que so it may take many "next's" before the "Light" next works in.

Loyal
We see in Matt 12 that Jesus himself was tempted by Satan. However he did not sin, but he was tempted. (Heb 4:15)
In Matt 16 and Mark 8:33, Jesus tells Peter "Get thee behind me Satan"
In Luke 22:3 and John 13:27 it says Satan entered into Judas (was Judas a believer?)
In Luke 22:31 Jesus tells Peter that Satan wanted to test him (sift him like wheat)
In Acts 5:3 Peter asks Annanias (a believer) why Satan has filled his heart and caused him to lie.
In 1Cor 5:5 Paul turns someone "over to Satan" so that his soul might be preserved. I was say Satan was influencing this believer. (Also see 1Tim 1:20)
In 2Cor 2:11 it says we can be taken advantage of by Satan (this is a letter to the church (believers)
In 1Thess 2:18 Paul says that Satan hindered him.
In 1Tim 5:15 it says some have turned aside to follow Satan.

All of these verses are written to or about believers, not the un-saved.
We don't have to let Satan have control over us. He doesn't own us anymore. But sometimes we choose to let him influence us.

Loyal
I am also reminded of Job in the old testament.
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.
Job 1:5 When the days of feasting had completed their cycle, Job would send and consecrate them, rising up early in the morning and offering burnt offerings according to the number of them all; for Job said, "Perhaps my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." Thus Job did continually.
Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
Job 1:7 The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."
Job 1:8 The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."
Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing?
Job 1:10 "Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.
Job 1:11 "But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face."
Job 1:12 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him." So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.
We learn several things here. First Satan can't touch God's children without permission. Second, sometimes God uses Satan to test us. Last, Satan can use circumstances to persuade us and it seems the whole reason Satan was doing this was to get Job to renounce (or curse) God.

brodav9;203117drove a big Cadilla said:
I walked past him and he said hay there boss hogs. That you can tell is not very spiritual. Well on the way to church I was driving past a car which was a big cadillac and had the horns on the front of it. I said that car looks like boss hogs car.

Just to clarify for those who aren't familiar with American TV from the 1980s, Boss Hogg was a local politician character on the situation comedy series "The Dukes of Hazzard".

SLE

Active
Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Darkness is simply a ministering spirit.
My enemy is my teacher,he is perfecting me for the kingdom of God,the enemy has his place and that is to remove dead flesh from the body that the body remain free of decay.
Jesus referred to Gehenna which was the garbage dump outside Jerusalem were their worm dieth not and the fire never ceases.

In this world there is bacteria that break down and feed off dead cells
There are worms that break down larger organisms that don't have life any longer.
The journey of a "Christ drawn" one is a journey into death,burial and resurrection.So we will need to have an understanding of darkness to overcome it.It is in the valley of the shadow that we fear no evil.
If darkness is a ministering spirit it has been sent for our benefit.
If I believe that then I can begin to see how all things work together for good.

If all things work together for good then nothing that is actually evil can harm me.In fact evil can only benefit me because it's is a player in bringing good.
That is how we overcome evil with good.

This must be a very frustrating situation to darkness and evil,so I can understand if it gets upset with us.

So,do demons influence Christians=No,they minister to them!

Last edited:
Loyal
I have to say, that is an interesting perspective on Hebrews 1:14
Here are a couple other translations.

<DIR>Heb 1:13 And did he ever say anything like this to an angel? Sit alongside me here on my throne Until I make your enemies a stool for your feet.
Heb 1:14 Isn't it obvious that all angels are sent to help out with those lined up to receive salvation?

Heb 1:13 But God never said to any of the angels, "Sit in the highest position in heaven until I make your enemies your footstool."

Heb 1:14 What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation.

All angels and spirits aren't from God.
<DIR>1John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
</DIR>
Also keep in mind, we are to resist Satan (James 4:7) and have a shield to protect ourselves from him (Eph 6:16). Why would we need these things if he couldn't affect us?

We are in fact told not to listen to certain angels.
<DIR>2Co 11:14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
</DIR>
I haven't thought about boss hog and his Cadillac with bull horns on the hood in a long time :)
</DIR>

Active
All angels and spirits aren't from God.
Agreed but Hebrews 1:14 does not exempt evil angels and there are evil angels called demons.
Everyone and everything works for God or good whichever you prefer.
I'm not making pals with darkness(Boss Hogg,I like that) I'm just recognizing his right to consume death.

Loyal
Agreed but Hebrews 1:14 does not exempt evil angels and there are evil angels called demons.
I'm not making pals with darkness(Boss Hogg,I like that) I'm just recognizing his right to consume death.

It sounds like this might make for another interesting Bible study.

I also disagree that everything and everyone works for God or good.

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

There is a battle waging, and we definitely all aren't on the same side.

Last edited:
Active
I also disagree that everything and everyone works for God or good.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Well I consider myself called according to his purpose so it might be a personal thing.God is in control,he has given Jesus a name which is above every name and that makes Boss Hogg Jesus's employee.

Heb 1:13 But God never said to any of the angels, "Sit in the highest position in heaven until I make your enemies your footstool."
Isn't this exiting,lets go make footstools,yay

I'm not buddies with my enemies I simply remind them who they work for.

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Oh,Im not him but I have been sent to fetch wood for his footstool manufacturing plant.

Last edited:
Loyal
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Well I consider myself called according to his purpose so it might be a personal thing.God is in control,he has given Jesus a name which is above every name and that makes Boss Hogg Jesus's employee.

So everyone loves God?
God is in control, but we are free to choose who we will follow.

Active
So everyone loves God?
God is in control, but we are free to choose who we will follow.
Do we really have free will?

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

My choice is to be disobedient or disobedient.

Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.
Proverbs 21:1 The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.

God can and will draw who he pleases.
If I pray for God to draw someone to him he will answer.
If I believed in freewill I would not waist my time praying for those who need God.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

I could use this verse in asking God to direct someones steps.

Proverbs 20:24 A man’s steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

Everyone serves God whether in a dark,grey or light capacity, we just don't understand our own way.

Nebuchadnezzar probably didn't love God:
Jeremiah 27:6 And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.

Jesus is Lord whether we love him or not.

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Darkness is simply a ministering spirit.
My enemy is my teacher,he is perfecting me for the kingdom of God,the enemy has his place and that is to remove dead flesh from the body that the body remain free of decay.
Jesus referred to Gehenna which was the garbage dump outside Jerusalem were their worm dieth not and the fire never ceases.

In this world there is bacteria that break down and feed off dead cells
There are worms that break down larger organisms that don't have life any longer.
The journey of a "Christ drawn" one is a journey into death,burial and resurrection.So we will need to have an understanding of darkness to overcome it.It is in the valley of the shadow that we fear no evil.
If darkness is a ministering spirit it has been sent for our benefit.
If I believe that then I can begin to see how all things work together for good.

If all things work together for good then nothing that is actually evil can harm me.In fact evil can only benefit me because it's is a player in bringing good.
That is how we overcome evil with good.

This must be a very frustrating situation to darkness and evil,so I can understand if it gets upset with us.

So,do demons influence Christians=No,they minister to them!

Wow! So tell me how all those demons were ministering to the man of Gadarrah

Angels are ministering spirits to minister to us. Demons are bent on our destruction.

TCH I'm not trying to be rude but really! Where are you getting these ideas. Not from the WORD

Active

Angels are ministering spirits to minister to us. Demons are bent on our destruction.

I got this idea from scripture,I interpret all as meaning all.

Did Nebuchadnezzar love God?
http://ebible.com/query?utf=8✓&query=Jeremiah 27:6&translation=ESVWhy would God call him his servant?
Jeremiah 27:6 And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.

I just believe God is in control so if something is trying to destroy me then it is actually only there to train me in walking in dependance on his word and power in other words walking by faith and not by sight.

Now if all things are working together for good how can any evil thing be done to me.Whatever happens is for my benefit according to the word.So those who try to destroy me will only add to the good that God has planned for me and those who are called to his purpose.

Although He does not control us, we can say that He always has the ability to control conditions in our lives regardless of what we go through, for “all things work together for good to those that love God.” God is certainly in control of specific situations, especially in the lives of His beloved who have received Him as Lord of their lives. However as an all- inclusive statement, it is wrong to say, “God is in control.” We can say however, “God is always in charge, and can use His authority and power whenever He chooses.” We have wonderful examples throughout the bible of God interrupting the lives of His chosen people, and some real notables in the lives of Joseph, Moses, Job, and the apostle Paul.
God does not control the world, for if He did, He would not ever need to intervene. People <nobr>continue</nobr> to choose to live their own way without acknowledging God, and yet the sun continues to rise and fall for them every day. People’s choices and all the spiritual enemies of God cause all kinds of evil, sickness and death in the world. Nevertheless you cannot read much of the bible without taking notice that God does in fact interact and intervene with the world and in the affairs of humanity. He also is preparing the world for His Kingdom glory that Jesus will rule and reign over for all eternity. This is why He taught us <nobr>to pray</nobr>, “Thy Kingdom come, and thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.”
We pray for God’s will to be done on earth because presently His will is not being fully accomplished. So we pray and lead obedient lives as instruments of His mandate for all the earth, and for all creation. Until the fullness of His Kingdom in Christ, most of the world will continue to remain out of control, while God uses us in His providential will to bring many to the revelation of Himself. But when Christ arrives in all the fullness of His glory, He will command all things into submission to His will, and all of creation will bow to His Majesty.

A good article I keep saved on my laptop concerning this
topic.

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Romans 9:21 (KJV)

Just wanted to throw this scripture into the discussion for consideration.

We err when we say that " to minister" only refers to doing good. To minister, according to my dictionary, means to bring a service to someone. Demons, therefore, are ministering spirits that bring (minister) evil to their victims.

SLE

a balance in positivity

I appreciate those who are striving to maintain a positive atitude in their warfare against the enemy.

This is for encouragement. The Gaderene demoniac is a good example. The real quest for the Rom. 8: solution is that those who love God will have bad situations turn around thus making them work for good. To remove pride is painful but it will work for our good in that we will be humbled.

We should ever be faith filled as we sometimes go through things which we don't understand. My computer is very important to me and with bible, important works of study etc. Demons called hackers were not ministering to me when they destroyed my computer.

God did supply me with a computer and other blessings----he caused it to turn out for my good. God gets the glory when he does the Ps. 46:1 thing. He is a present help in time of trouble.

It would not be proper for us to rejoice in say the time of the disciples when Peter or James or others are crucified and taken from us. For them it works for good that they get to go home. Paul says I would rather depart--be with Jesus , but it is better for me to be here with you. That meant they needed him.

As said befor they don't minister to us God does. They are ready at any moment to find a reason to accuse you before God and say like Balak in Num. 23-24 curse Israel, Balaam said , how can I curse those like Satan does whom God has blessed. (my words there)

It is very difficult sometimes to believe God in a trial, I know sinc haven't had a aspirin or been to the Dr. for over 40 years. Except one time when cut in half--(not for my good) They made me go. I asked the nurse who had the needle" do I have to take that ? she said no you can refuse it since you believe by faith.) God manifested my healing in 3 days. Also my son brought me home that night.

I was very thankful as the person in the next bed which I couldn't see, only pray for died there while Drs. couldn't save him. Yet God saved me. God in this case is the answer for life.
We should face all things in a positive way with faith, making sure we don't give the devil any credit for his destructive and harmful ways.

I might add sometimes what appears to be a good thing is really bad.
Like ministers who have millions of dollars say God prospered them , when really they teach heresy and false doctrine . They are called angels of light. wolves in sheeps clothing.