Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Discussion about the Atoning Death of Christ

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by beloved57, Dec 2, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Please respond to whay i actually post and not what you think. Thanks

Sent from a mobile device
  2. No that's unbelief since scripture testimony is that Christ death actually saved many! Rom 5:19

3. Read post 36. I showed how.

4. You are misapplying Romans 5:19. Proof of that is how those who do not believe in Him are "already condemned" as testified in John 3:18

Laura1557 likes this.
  5. False accusation. According to Rom 5:19 how are many made righteous?

6. Nope. I'm not playing your games anymore.

Dave M likes this.
  7. Scripture cannot go against scripture. Taking Romans 5:29 KJV out of context of the gospel when John 3:18 KJV reproves you for doing that is the accusation as well as the correction.

8. I didn't think you did. But you wanted me to explain them.

9. You are evading Rom 5:19!

10. I believe I have told you that you are taking it out of context of what the gospel is and you are the one evading John 3:18 KJV because it proves you are taking Romans 6:19 KJV out of context.

If you wish to be obtuse as well as arrogant about it, other posters will be onto your games here as well.

11. I don't care what you told me. You cant dis the Truth of God like that with me. Now Rom 5:19 said that many shall be made righteous by the obedience of one. That one is Jesus Christ. Now you believe it or you don't.

12. @beloved57 excuse me for interrupting but may I ask why you are asking these questions?

Surely if you have something to share here, it would be a lot easier to simply do so. Your questions and demanding responses is unnecessary.
    If you have something worth say, please say it (write it) It would save you a lot of precious time and might even get others interest in what you have to share.

Also, please remember that TalkJesus is a community and has been for years and that you are not being very community minded so far.

I will add one more thing, while I am at it:
    You had better be quick and tell everyone what you want them to hear because if you keep going in the manner you have been for much longer, you will find yourself unwelcome and at that point, unable to post anything, if you understand?

Bless you ....><>

Dave M likes this.
  13. I did share it. Rom 5:19 is a scripture that teaches that the death of Christ alone saved them He died for because it made them righteous.

Now Christ obedience was unto death Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and

So the death of the Cross made many righteous before God !

14. Thank you for your reply,

Do you mind re-writing this
    I am not sure what you mean.
    And do you mind if i take the "Now" out of your second sentence? I don't think it is/was really now.
    I can edit it for you if you like. Also I think you meant to write 'Christ's"

Slow down, pray before posting and remember to check your post, too.

Bless you ....><>

15. I think you meant the death of Christ made many righteous before God?

Can you tell me/us why?

Bless you ....><>

16. "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." Rom 5:19
    Yes, many shall be made righteous, but it is not an automatic thing. Many will NOT be made righteous, because they presume rather than obey. Jesus opened the Door and showed the Way and invited us all, but an unprepared person will NOT be received:

"So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt 22:10-13

17. Take verse 19 in context of that chapter in how that shed blood was applied to believers and not unbelievers.

Romans 5:1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

You seem to be applying Romans 5:19 as if that can be applied to unbelievers as in all sinners when by faith in Jesus Christ through His shed blood for us is how we are the ones that shall be made alive in Christ.

18. Because God's word said so. That's why. Read it for yourself Rom 5:19. The question is do you believe Gods word here?

19. Rom 5:19 says that they are made righteous by the obedience of One. Now who is the One ?

20. Another scripture that teaches that Christ death alone saved them He died for is Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering[His death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now to be perfected forever is inclusive of all of Salvation. From Justification to Glorification. Now according to this scripture how were they perfected forever ? And what is the logical conclusion if one isn't perfected forever?