• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Demonic Movies... Your thoughts

the most subtil beast

The origin of the word "Hollywood" is as follows: Witches (female) and wizards (male) have traditionally used magic wands made of wood from the Holly tree.

If one does the research into the CEO's of the motion picture industry houses, one will discover a Who's Who list of the global elite (the bloodlined banking family dynasties -- generational satanists -- who are also key members of the round table groups e.g. CFR, TC, Bilder., Royal Inst. of Int'l Affairs, Club of Rome, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to his evil angels, he said, "We can't keep the Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from forming an intimate, abiding relationship experience in Christ. If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken.

"So let them go to their churches, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time, so they can't gain that relationship with Jesus Christ. This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

"How shall we do this?" shouted his angels.

"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered. "Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6 - 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon, their home will offer no escape from the pressures of work!

"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive. To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their homes. And see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ.

"Fill the coffee table with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services, and false hopes. Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines so the husbands will believe that external beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. Ha! That will fragment those families quickly!

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted, disquieted, and unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out in nature to reflect on God's wonders. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, concerts and movies instead. Keep them busy, busy, busy!! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences and unsettled emotion.

"Go ahead, let them be involved in soul winning. But crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Christ. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause. It will work! It will work!"

It was quite a convention. And the evil angels went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy and to rush here and there. I guess the question is: has the devil been successful at his scheme?

Again i refer to Phil 4:8 whatsoever things are honest ,whatsoever things are just ,whatsoerver things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report,if there is any virtue if there is any praise ..THINK ON THESES THINGS..We as Christians have allowed a mighty beast in our lives if we seek out the horror and destruction that hollywood tells us is good and right ..we are lured in by the actions and effects of the movies and it is without a doubt witchcraft in my mind ,,as for me ill stick to my old westerns and comidies of good nature and virtue..but each of us is accountable for what we allow in our hearts and minds before Christ..Garbage in produces Garbage out IMHO..Rev

Again i refer to Phil 4:8 whatsoever things are honest ,whatsoever things are just ,whatsoerver things are pure,whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report,if there is any virtue if there is any praise ..THINK ON THESES THINGS..We as Christians have allowed a mighty beast in our lives if we seek out the horror and destruction that hollywood tells us is good and right ..we are lured in by the actions and effects of the movies and it is without a doubt witchcraft in my mind ,,as for me ill stick to my old westerns and comidies of good nature and virtue..but each of us is accountable for what we allow in our hearts and minds before Christ..Garbage in produces Garbage out IMHO..Rev

Amen to that..Sadly Hollywood movies give us some ideas that are absolutely wrong but they would perceived it as normal and right

I actually enjoy watching movies like this I fell it informs you on how to spot demonic activity, and most demonic movies have a happy ending like deliver us from evil, I like it cause I'd like to think of humans being able to take down the Devils forces to me demonic movies with happy endings are like super hero movies to me, but I see where your all coming from, I don't know I just find them facinating.

My school is going crazy about this new movie called The Devil Inside. Honesty I can't stand movies like those. My friend know Im a christiam and I hate movies like those (Paranormal Activity...) but she still wants me to go see those movies with her. Is it really true tht if you watch a movie like that a demonic spirit will come from the screen and haunt/ follow you home? I really want to know!
nope thats just allot of lies go see the movie with you friends if you want ,i hope you have a good time

nope thats just allot of lies go see the movie with you friends if you want ,i hope you have a good time

As Christian woman I too don't like these movies. For me it's more about leaving your mind and soul open to satan and his demons. We are called into the light
what does the light have to do with darkness? If we watch or listen to junk then junk will come out. Satan and His demons are very dangerous and we must not
leave any way for him to get into our minds period. My advice is not to go see this movie. No I don't think a demon will come out of the screen but I do think our
minds can be greatly influenced by what we take in.

For a Christian there is no enjoying a movie that deals with satan or demonic possession. It says in the bible that True love which is the Love of Jesus does not
delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. Keep yourself in God's word and please stay away from that movie. God bless you!

Loyal
We are the stewards of ourselves and while our children are at home and too young to make the right decisions we are also their stewards. God will hold us accountable in both cases.

What we eat is what we are. We may apply this to the natural food we chew and swallow and digest, but it also applies to the spiritual man of each of us.

There is a now old expression that I first learned when starting to work for the government and dealing with computer input in 1976. It is: "Garbage in and garbage out". It still applies to computer usage but it also applies to you and to me and to our children and to everyone we care about...

A good mother will not routinely dig through garbage cans to obtain food for her children. I don't need to explain the reason for that.

Similarly, if we want to be "good" people and we want our children to be "good" people will we partake of and see to it that they partake of "good" things rather than spoiled, ugly, dirty, evil things. So then people may ask me, "What is good?" I would mention Jesus' words here:

"... Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

Notice that Jesus wasn't saying that He was not "good". He was saying that God was. Are we? Well doesn't that depend upon what we eat?

"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

If we don't eat the Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God or if we eat other things, what is the likely result? Spiritually will not the result be similar to the physical result when a person regularly eats garbage instead of "good" food?

Remember that God is "good" and His Word is "good". And Jesus is what?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..." John 1:14

So then should be watch any movies set before us or read any books that appeal to our carnal natures... or should we develop an appetite for "good" things [why not read this as, "God" things]?

Then would we not be able to say of one another without hesitation,

"...what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Jesus is/was like His Father and we...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Loyal
Many good points have been made about guarding our heart.

Proverbs 4:23 tells us

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

With your question about if demons can jump off the screen into you the answer is yes. I am speaking from experience. Mine came from a computer. I was tormented for years. I 100% know that it was an evil spirit because it was like nothing I had ever experienced before and I struggled for months trying to fight it as it tried to control my thoughts and tried to get me to curse God. I was so surprised because I thought people who heard voices we making it up ir just crazy. I was mind blowing when I was the one with those symptonms. If I wasnt awate of the spiritual realm I woukd havr thought I was having a psychotic episode and needed medication, but knowing how the onset was immediately after I went to a certain website with these demon creatures on them(I wasnt searching fot them) I knew this was spiritual. With much prayer it went away and I stayed away from that site. I was truly a terrible experience. It wasnt physcial pain but spiritual pain in my soul or spirit for a long time. To be honest, I thought what I was going through was what hell will feel like, yes it was that bad.

Fortunately God in His grace delivered me and I learn my lesson and never returned to that website again.

My wife use to rebuke me for being very cautious of the media I take in, but I find that those who are aware that we are at war(Spiritual), are the ones that are more conscious of the spiritual realm.

Those who are not guarding their hearts are the ones who are likely to be snatched up by the enemy. You may not lose your salvation, but you will lose alot of opportunity to bear fruit for God and much more.

My school is going crazy about this new movie called The Devil Inside. Honesty I can't stand movies like those. My friend know Im a christiam and I hate movies like those (Paranormal Activity...) but she still wants me to go see those movies with her. Is it really true tht if you watch a movie like that a demonic spirit will come from the screen and haunt/ follow you home? I really want to know!

I suppose I have a different opinion on this than most people might, okay, I'll be the first to admit it, I love horror movies. I complete understand why you can't stand them. I just love horror movies because they always somehow include the Christian faith in there. Now a lot of times it's a misrepresentation of it or for the most part they're only catholic, due to the demon possessions in those movies, but I always watch them with my best friends who aren't really Christian and a lot of times I see their faces scrunch up or like a really awkward silence is followed by it. And it's always a great moment to explain to them about Jesus, and maybe even clear the air a bit, like if it was a misrepresentation and such. But I do get nervous because I'm afraid I'll say the wrong things, but God is with us. Also in those movies you can see just how much God is pursuing these people, obviously they are only characters, but I mean the people who wrote the script and are watching the movie, you know? Because they are usually contemplating a higher force, God, although since it's just a horror movie and not a faith based movie they don't really resolve their longing for God in most of these movies. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "Everything is appropriate in its own time. But though God has planted eternity in the hearts of men, even so, many cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end." If you can't stand them that's definitely alright, you do not have to go along with what everyone else is doing. I really do understand where you're coming from. I am the same way, but with the comedy movies of today, so many dirty jokes, bad references, not so good ways of treating people, and the cussing, I can't really stand them, so whenever someone wants to watch one of them I kind of feel like I am about to be slaughtered, because those movies make me feel terrible.

Loyal
There is nothing closer to hell than movies like this. How much time do you want to spend there?

I hate horror movies myself. I remember going to see Paranormal activity The ghost Dimension. It was my first horror movie that I saw in cinema and from about 5 minutes in I just wanted to walk out.
I think these films glorify demons and make them out to be great.​

I wonder, if people in religion didn't believe in demons and angels would Hollywood even invent such movies.

Loyal
I wonder, if people in religion didn't believe in demons and angels would Hollywood even invent such movies.
Perhaps man's way is the basis for all that is not good [opposed to God].

The scripture reads that everything that God made was "very good" [Gen 1:31]. Man was also made good, but unlike other creations man was given the ability to turn away from that which was good and has done so. As we continue to read through the OT (Old Testament) beyond the first disobedience man builds up a society that includes a lot of garbage. Even the inventions of men invented for his own entertainment include garbage for those who may not yet have experienced it personally. He teaches his innocent children to also enjoy the garbage.

So then why not include garbage in the movies as well?

I understand what your saying, but Jesus has said that both Angels and Demons are real. He is not a liar as he has stated that he is "The Truth, The Light and The Way"