• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Staff Member
January 15
MORNING
My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word. Psalm 119:25

If ye ... be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For . . . your life is hid with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-3

Our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Philippians 3:20, 21

The flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. Galatians 5:17

Brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Romans 8:12, 13

Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul. I Peter 2:11

Staff Member
January 16
MORNING

It pleased the Father, that in Him should all fulness dwell. Colossians 1:19

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand. John 3:35

God hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. Ephesians 1:21

By Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him. Colossians 1:16

Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be Lord both of the dead and living. Romans 14:9

And ye are complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:10

Of His fulness have all we received. John 1:16

Active
January 16
MORNING

It pleased the Father, that in Him should all fulness dwell. Colossians 1:19

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand. John 3:35

God hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. Ephesians 1:21

By Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him. Colossians 1:16

Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be Lord both of the dead and living. Romans 14:9

And ye are complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:10

Of His fulness have all we received. John 1:16

Thank you for those great Scriptures Mr. Bear. In my morning devotions, I have been studying the book of Hebrews for the umpteenth time. This time it's because I have been asking our Heavenly Father for a deeper understanding of the accomplishments of His Son Jesus. On top of that, for several weeks I've been asking Father for the love that He has for His Son.

About a month ago, I was led to....Hebrews 4:14 "Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession."....Although I knew about the High Priest role of Jesus, but because of my asking Father for those two things, Wow, did He ever touch my heart!! I actually presented my thoughts on that verse in a thread here in this Forum.

Then I come across your thread. O my! those Scriptures really blessed my hungry heart. I asked for a deeper knowledge and you responded with so many super verses that fed my thirsty soul. The longer I serve Jesus, the thirstier and hungrier I get for more of the deeper aspects of God in the Old Covenant and New Covenant. It's all because a few months ago I asked the Holy Spirit to lead me into avenues where I could bring pleasure to our Heavenly Father and to His Son Jesus. I said to Him, "I just want to put smiles on their faces.

Thanks again for being sensitive to the still small voice of our Lord and furnish those Scriptures just for me [it seems].

Staff Member
Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

2Chronicles 31:21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered.

Psalm 40:16 Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: let such as love Thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Bless you @Chopper ....><>

Staff Member
January 17
MORNING

Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption. Isaiah 38:17

God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. I John 4:9, 10

Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? he retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:18, 19

O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me. O LORD, Thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Psalm 30:2, 3

When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto Thee, into Thine holy temple. Jonah 2:7

I waited patiently for the LORD. He brought me up ... out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock. Psalm 40:1, 2

Active
January 17
MORNING

Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption. Isaiah 38:17

God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. I John 4:9, 10

Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? he retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:18, 19

O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me. O LORD, Thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Psalm 30:2, 3

When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto Thee, into Thine holy temple. Jonah 2:7

I waited patiently for the LORD. He brought me up ... out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock. Psalm 40:1, 2

Those Scriptures also met a need in my heart. Thank you.

Staff Member
Psalm 18:28 For Thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Revelation 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever.

Staff Member
January 18
MORNING
Him that was to come. Romans 5:14

Jesus ... made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, . . . that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man. Hebrews 2:9

One died for all. 2 Corinthians 5:14

As by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:19

The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. That was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. I Corinthians 15:45, 46

God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him. Genesis 1:26, 27

God ... hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son.... the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person. Hebrews 1:1-3

Thou hast given Him power over all flesh. John 17:2

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. I Corinthians 15:47, 48

Active
I love those Scriptures Friend Bear. O just think of it, if Jesus didn't want to die for our sins, we'd be stuck in what you posted....
As by one man's disobedience many were made sinners

But, praise our Lord Jesus for....Philippians 2:5 "Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,a 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,b 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,c being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

I praise our Lord and great High Priest Jesus that He didn't "Grasp" or refuse to leave the godhead in glory to come and save you and I from original sin thru Adam but set us free from the bondage of sin thru Christ's death on the cross. He called it a joy, I agree!!

Staff Member
January 19
MORNING

Serving the Lord with all humility of mind. Acts 20:19

Whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many. Matthew 20:26-28

If a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. Galatians 6:3

I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man.... not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

When ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Our rejoicing is this.... that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world. 2Corinthians 1:12

We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 2Corinthians 4:7

Active
Thank you very much for this thread and it's focus on humility. I really needed this verse....Luke 17:10 "So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty."

I have always had to be very careful of pride in my life. Before I was saved, I owned a Printing Company and was very successful. Once saved, I was the senior Pastor of four very successful Churches which started small but grew rapidly. My success was fully the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, but the applaud of the members, make it very difficult to keep personal pride in check.

I hadn't thought of the sin of pride for some time, until you posted this thread. So I thank you for this great reminder for me to be very careful. The verses that you chose, all spoke to my heart.

You have an amazing gift of picking a group of verses that speak to issues in my life. I know that your verses are meant for others, but it seems they are just for me. Again, thank you.

Staff Member
Greetings Brother Chopper,

Thank you very much for this thread and it's focus on humility. I really needed this verse....Luke 17:10 "So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty."

I have always had to be very careful of pride in my life. Before I was saved, I owned a Printing Company and was very successful. Once saved, I was the senior Pastor of four very successful Churches which started small but grew rapidly. My success was fully the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, but the applaud of the members, make it very difficult to keep personal pride in check.

I hadn't thought of the sin of pride for some time, until you posted this thread. So I thank you for this great reminder for me to be very careful. The verses that you chose, all spoke to my heart.

You have an amazing gift of picking a group of verses that speak to issues in my life. I know that your verses are meant for others, but it seems they are just for me. Again, thank you.

Scripture is for all of us. If we can't and/or don't receive from the LORD as we read and meditate upon Scripture then we really must drop to our knees and ask our loving Father to open the eyes of our whole being - our heart, our mind and our soul for indeed the Spirit is willing though our flesh be weak.
Next to the Spirit of God through the Holy Ghost renewing the Word, God's Word Whom we have in His Son, the Scripture is our dearest treasure and if any one of us leaves the reading of Scripture being less than refreshed we surely must go at once to Him Who is the author and giver of Life Who will fill our hungry desire to be fed for He has given the Scripture for us, not to be left empty but to help open our eyes that we may find comfort and love within it's pages.

Bless you ....><>

(please understand that the morning readings are from Samuel Bagster's Daily Light)

Staff Member
January 20
MORNING

His name shall be called Wonderful. Isaiah 9:6

The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

Thou hast magnified Thy Word above all Thy name. Psalm 138:2

They shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

JESUS: for he shall save His people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

All men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. John 5:23

God ... hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name. Philippians 2:9

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come; and hath put all things under His feet. Ephesians 1:21, 22

He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself... KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:12, 16

Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out. Job 37:23

What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if thou canst tell? Proverbs 30:4
--------------

EVENING

The Lord's portion is His people. Deuteronomy. 32:9

Ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. I Corinthians 3:23

I am my Beloved's, and His desire is toward me. Song of Solomon 7:10

I am His. Song of Solomon 2:16

The Son of God ... loved me, and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Ye are not your own, ye are bought with a price
: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. I Corinthians 6:19, 20

The LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto Him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day. Deuteronomy 4:20

Ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. I Corinthians 3:9

Christ as a Son over His own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Hebrews 3:6

A spiritual house, an holy priesthood. I Peter 2:5

They shall be Mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels. Malachi 3:17

All Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine; and I am glorified in them. John 17:10

The glory of His inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:18

Staff Member
January 21
MORNING

Every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it. John 15:2

He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Malachi 3:2, 3

We glory in tribulations: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:3-5

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the Father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees. Hebrews 12:7, 8, 11, 12

EVENING

Now we call the proud happy. Malachi 3:15

Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: a proud look... Proverbs 6:16, 17

Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD. Proverbs 16:5

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23, 24

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Philippians 1:2, 3

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

Staff Member
January 22
MORNING

This God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death. Psalm 48:14

O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup. Psalm 16:5

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:3, 4

Thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:23-26

Our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Psalm 33:21

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of Thine own hands. Psalm 138:8

Staff Member
January 23
MORNING

Hope maketh not ashamed. Romans 5:5

I am the LORD: ... they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me. Isaiah 49:23

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. Isaiah 26:3, 4

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:5, 6

I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed. 2Timothy 1:12

God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us; which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus. Hebrews 6:17-20

Active
I love those Scriptures. I'm looking forward to them in my morning devotions, Thank you.

Staff Member
Psalm 119:103
How sweet are Thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Staff Member
January 24
MORNING

The Lord is at hand. Philippians 4:5

The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1Thessalonians 4:16-18

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly; Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 2 Peter 3:14

Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it. 1Thessalonians 5:2-24

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts; for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. James 5:8