Open Talk Jesus in Safari, then follow these four steps.
Missing the Home Screen action? Look under Edit Actions. If you opened this page inside another app, first open it in Safari.
Apple’s installation guide ↗Christian biographies
Scan with your phone’s camera.
Thank you for sharing this Quantrill.
I shall keep an eye out for the one you mentioned. I too was drawn and interested in biographies when i became a Christian.
Ten Fingers For God about Paul Brand, missionary doctor/surgeon to people with Leprosy in India also comes to mind.
Bless you ....><>
@ Dave M & @ Br. Bear
I have obtained the books 'Heavenly Man' and 'Ten Fingers for God'. I am 3/4 the way through Heavenly Man. What a testimony Yun is. I encourage any who name the name of Christ to read this biography. Warning...it is not for the feint hearted.
Quantrill
man I missed this, so glad to here you like the book, as you said before in another thread not everyone who reads it will believe it, I ave met and talked with brother yun briefly, and he is on firs for the lord I tell you that, I am going to have to check out 10 fingers of God
ps
keep a eye out I think a movie is in the works for the heavenly man
Another book I would like to share is By Searching -My journey through Doubt into Faith - by the late Isabel Kuhn (A Candian Missionary in China)
This first book describes her seeking and finding the Lord.
It is a gentle book that glorifies the Lord......showing His hand working wondrously as Isabel seeks Him out.
Her subsequent books are about her missionary work
I will keep an eye out for the movie. But I am usually disappointed in the movies. I will see.
I have no doubt of brother Yun's faith.
Quantrill
I have learnt a lot ,thanks for sharing ,you have encouraged me to read those inspiration books which you mentionedThank you Quantrill for the name of the book. Shall try to remember it when near an old books store or the like.
I didn't know about Don Richardson's passing. He wrote well. He also wrote Eternity In Their Hearts which was challenging.
I read most of Richard Wurmbrand's books that were available in my tongue.
I think there was one or more other books also about the work of Paul Brand. Inspiring, to say the least. He helped people to realise what Leprosy is and what it isn't which helped countless people and paved the way for a lot of help for those with leprosy. I remember in my earliest years as a Christian, a chap from the Leprosy Mission telling our small little fellowship in a small little community how people in leprosy affect areas were quite superstitious and would huddle together under one blanket type of covering at night to keep safe from roaming spirits. By learning of the Lord they not only were freed from that superstition and fear but were able to stop spreading the leprosy so much as it spreads much like the common clod does and sleeping together like that was like incubating the disease. Having already read Ten Fingers For God, I was most interested and learnt even more from that special time of sharing.
Sort of what fellowship ought to be at least in part.
Another favourite of mine was the author, Norman Grubb, who wrote well and my introduction to him was in reading The Intercessor. the story of Reece Howells,
Memories.
Bless you ....><>
I have learnt a lot ,thanks for sharing ,you have encouraged me to read those inspiration books which you mentioned
Try this one, you will see.Greetings,
one might ask how any of the Bible was written.... and translated.
Much hardship, much suffering, much blood, much love
Bless you ....><>
Try this one, you will see.
William Tyndale: A Biography
Book by David Scott Daniell❤