• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can you be both Liberal and Christian?

Do you think it's possible to be a true born again Christian with Liberal views and ideologies?

• Yes

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Christian persons finding excuses for
Psa_106:38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Many of the young girls are as much a victim as the unborn child is. A young girl was still crying 2 years after the boy friend and her dad pressured her into and abortion.

Personally i find it despicable that one sin is covered by another . He, who ever the he is, is just as guilty of the innocent blood as she is IMO it makes zero difference if he never knew there was a child. Fornication is sin then another sin abortion. Some where in those sins is the sin of all the steps in the cover up . Before some jumps on me for being judgmental and all righteous .. I am not with out the these same sins excepting for abortion

The Churches fail young people .

Loyal
Christian persons finding excuses for
Psa_106:38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Many of the young girls are as much a victim as the unborn child is. A young girl was still crying 2 years after the boy friend and her dad pressured her into and abortion.

Personally i find it despicable that one sin is covered by another . He, who ever the he is, is just as guilty of the innocent blood as she is IMO it makes zero difference if he never knew there was a child. Fornication is sin then another sin abortion. Some where in those sins is the sin of all the steps in the cover up . Before some jumps on me for being judgmental and all righteous .. I am not with out the these same sins excepting for abortion

The Churches fail young people .
Yes. What I am concerned about is that churches have an opportunity - a lifesaving opportunity - to give support to pregnant women and to young families, but we seem to be passing it by.

It's easy enough to decry the sins of others; we could have an enormous impact if we put our pro-life message into practice at a local and personal level.

And of course Christians of both liberal and conservative persuasions agree that helping people in a time of crisis is a Christlike thing to.

Active
It's easy enough to decry the sins of others; we could have an enormous impact if we put our pro-life message into practice at a local and personal level.
This is done in our little town of about 3000.. :)
Very generally speaking we as parents have some idea that 45 minutes of Sunday school per week will out shine about 30 hours of public schooling and a life time of TV. Does your church, my church teach the value of a bride the value of the Bride of Christ. We as God given parents are told to train up the child.
The churches in the USA have given, yes given, our God ordained responsibilities to the government. We as His Bride are to take care of the widows and orphans but we say 'I pay taxes for that' we are to train up our children we have given the gift of life to the government.
We have schools that feed our kids. Kids then know even their live giving food comes not from the Lord via the love a parent but from the government . We have grown so deep in this sin children often look to CPS for their wants. In 1972 we as a nation told the next generation human life is a choice . Look at the results .
Yes i am on a soap box .

Loyal
How differently we view things in the UK and the USA! I think almost everybody in the UK sees free school meals as a good thing. It ought to ensure that every child gets at least one decent meal in the day.

Yes, I'm with you on the importance of Sunday school (long-time children's group leader myself), but I'm looking for more too. A whole community that will take collective responsibility for supporting parents and providing a nurturing environment.

If you're a parent you will have experienced the early days exhaustion of whole weeks when you're not able to string four hours sleep together, toddler tantrums, wild seven year olds, anxious and uncommunicative teenagers etc. What more can we in churches do to ensure that families of all kinds are held safely through all these stages?

And - this started with women considering abortion - how can we give support to single and vulnerable women in particular so that the prospect of bringing a child into the world can be seen as a collective joy, rather than an unmangageable burden?

Active
How differently we view things in the UK and the USA! I think almost everybody in the UK sees free school meals as a good thing. It ought to ensure that every child gets at least one decent meal in the day.
Feeding a child is always better then the child being hungry . (So often i wish i was a better writer.) Most folks here in the USA see school meals as you do. I see the long range of it as another step to separating the child from the parent. No child should go hungry.
And - this started with women considering abortion - how can we give support to single and vulnerable women in particular so that the prospect of bringing a child into the world can be seen as a collective joy, rather than an unmangageable burden?
We listen to TV and to TV physiologist tell us the children are an unmangageable burden. We , the church, ignore what the Scriptures say about children we have bought into what the world tells us.
Scripture tells us about spanking we go with what the world says
To me we are to balance
Pro 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Scripture tells us Children are a blessing
Psa 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psa 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Psa 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Yet we say they are an unmanageable burden.

This is a very strong disconnect the church has from the Word of God

Loyal
There are many factors in this discussion that you can say no or yes to so it cannot be discussed like it is all one question: NO.1 I do not have to right to judge anyone. It was said judge not lest you be judged on the same scales you judge others and you will be found wanting. NO.2 It is never right to kill another human being so no you cannot support abortion. NO.3 Homosexuality is not condoned in the Bible..Period. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for such things. So that also condemns same sex marriage. NO.4 You must conform your beliefs to fit Gods words. NOT the other way around. So I would seek answers for each thing in the Bible on an individual basis not try to group them all together. Satan is very busy right now trying to degrade Gods word in the churches and in society. Gods words has power this the Bible teaches READ the Bible and PRAY through out the reading for God to give you understanding and you will have your answers. Don't go looking for a church that will adjust to your beliefs but one that adheres to the word of God. "Lover your neighbor as yourself" it does not say love only those who love you and agree with you as people tend to do. I try to practice "Be no part of the World" "The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one"

Luke 6:27 ¶But I say to you who give ear to me, Have love for those who are against you, do good to those who have hate for you,
28 Give blessing to those who give you curses, say prayers for those who are cruel to you.
29 If a man gives you a blow on one side of your face, then let the other side be turned to him; from him who takes away your coat, do not keep back your robe.
30 Give to everyone who comes with a request, and if a man takes away your property, make no attempt to get it back again.
31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32 If you have love for those who have love for you, what credit is it to you? for even sinners have love for those who have love for them.
33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is it to you? for even sinners do the same.
34 And if you let those have use of your money, from whom you are hoping to get it back, what credit is it to you? Even sinners do so to sinners, hoping to get back as much as they gave.
35 But be loving to those who are against you and do them good, and give them your money, not giving up hope, and your reward will be great and you will be the sons of the Most High: for he is kind to evil men, and to those who have hard hearts.
36 Be full of pity, even as your Father is full of pity.
37 Be not judges of others, and you will not be judged: do not give punishment to others, and you will not get punishment yourselves: make others free, and you will be made free:
38 Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, crushed down, full and running over, they will give to you. For in the same measure as you give, it will be given to you again.

1 Peter 4:8 And most of all be warm in your love for one another; because in love there is forgiveness for sins without number:
9 Keep open house for all with a glad heart;
10 Making distribution among one another of whatever has been given to you, like true servants of the unmeasured grace of God.

1Corinthians 13:1-13
I understand what you are saying .

I have seen this question before and have found it difficult as a vote . Because it is such a broad stroke of a brush .

Let us ask this question " is it possible to be a true born again believer and be a sinner ? " my answer would be yes . " is it possible to be a true born again believer and not make it to heaven ? " yes . " is it possible the be a sinner at death , and make it to heaven ? " yes

Because in every scenario there is one factor , and that is God .

Just because a person thinks they deserve heaven , or hell for that matter , doesnt mean that is what they are getting .

Loyal
This is done in our little town of about 3000.. :)
Very generally speaking we as parents have some idea that 45 minutes of Sunday school per week will out shine about 30 hours of public schooling and a life time of TV. Does your church, my church teach the value of a bride the value of the Bride of Christ. We as God given parents are told to train up the child.
The churches in the USA have given, yes given, our God ordained responsibilities to the government. We as His Bride are to take care of the widows and orphans but we say 'I pay taxes for that' we are to train up our children we have given the gift of life to the government.
We have schools that feed our kids. Kids then know even their live giving food comes not from the Lord via the love a parent but from the government . We have grown so deep in this sin children often look to CPS for their wants. In 1972 we as a nation told the next generation human life is a choice . Look at the results .
Yes i am on a soap box .
I like soap boxes

Loyal

I have seen this question before and have found it difficult as a vote . Because it is such a broad stroke of a brush .

Let us ask this question " is it possible to be a true born again believer and be a sinner ? " my answer would be yes . " is it possible to be a true born again believer and not make it to heaven ? " yes . " is it possible the be a sinner at death , and make it to heaven ? " yes

Just because a person thinks they deserve heaven , or hell for that matter , doesnt mean that is what they are getting .
Just pertaining what you state in this post about being a true “born from above” child of God, that you can still “lose your salvation”. Although you were “bought, purchase, paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ. Does that mean, God might give you back to death? If the case be so, then the Bible should say this then: “ if thou believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and that he is the son of God YOU Might get saved”

Loyal
So Bill, make sure when you witness to unbelievers about salvation make sure you warn them, that once you get it, they might lose it and still go to hell. And All their hard work in trying to keep it might be in vain. Because at the last day, they might lose it.

Loyal

A born again believer Will end up sinning because we're still here on earth. No one attains sinless perfection while Here. At the moment of salvation the Holy Spirit comes to indwell each believer and stays there until the person is with Jesus Christ. A believer is a sinner, saved by grace. No one has to make sure they have enough good works to their credit to 'make it to heaven'. A person is either a born again believer or they aren't.

Loyal
Isn't this thread rambling enough with getting diverted to 'who goes to heaven' and 'what is it to be born again'? Stay on topic please

Loyal
Part of the question is "and Christian" -- so maybe what constitutes a Christian and what doesn't would be included ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.