• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can a person obtain Eternal Life Without Loving Jesus?

Active
@Dave,
@regibassman57
Do you willfully lust? as a habit?

@Dave,
Every person that does something wrong "willfully" does it because they give up their resistance in fighting. God's Grace gives the allowances to fall because God knows a man will fall if they are not perfect in loving Him. Everyone that falls is weak in the area of their strength to what they fall to. If a person gives in to the temptation it is always a "willful" act of disobedience. My point is you can't judge a person by this type of question.

Proverbs 24:10
If thou faint in the day of adversity (temptation), your strength is small.

Loyal
My point is you can't judge a person by this type of question.

I am not trying to judge a person that I promise you, . I only want believers who struggle with sin or as you call it wrong doing to know that we can be set free from the struggle. I recall when you wrote something along the lines that person can never stop sinning of course you dont call sin sin you give it a different name.

My point being is that Jesus sets us free and gives us a new heart, we will stop doing wrong as you call it (I call it sin) but the action of lust or anger (no matter what name you give it) that we were once slaves to can be conquered by through Jesus so we do not do them any more, if someone is willfully doing these actions on a regular basis there is a big issue to be concerned with according to the bible they are not going to heaven
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

. I see your line of thought more of along the lines is well I can do all the wrong I want it is not sin because Jesus took that out of the world.

I got nothing but Love for anyone who says they Love Jesus and want all to know they can be set free of doing wrong when we trust in Jesus

I hope you have a good Sunday and Praise Jesus OUR Lord and savior

1 John 5:17
All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

the word all means all it doesnt mean sometimes wrong doing is not sin it means ALL wrong doing is sin :)

Active
@Dave,
I am not trying to judge a person that I promise you, . I only want believers who struggle with sin or as you call it wrong doing to know that we can be set free from the struggle. I recall when you wrote something along the lines that person can never stop sinning of course you dont call sin sin you give it a different name.

My point being is that Jesus sets us free and gives us a new heart, we will stop doing wrong as you call it (I call it sin) but the action of lust or anger (no matter what name you give it) that we were once slaves to can be conquered by through Jesus so we do not do them any more, if someone is willfully doing these actions on a regular basis there is a big issue to be concerned with according to the bible they are not going to heaven
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

. I see your line of thought more of along the lines is well I can do all the wrong I want it is not sin because Jesus took that out of the world.

I got nothing but Love for anyone who says they Love Jesus and want all to know they can be set free of doing wrong when we trust in Jesus

I hope you have a good Sunday and Praise Jesus OUR Lord and savior

the word all means all it doesnt mean sometimes wrong doing is not sin it means ALL wrong doing is sin :)

Dave, as long as I've been posting you really haven't read my posts to understand what I believe. You are fixated on what I call "unfruitful works" and not "sin" as you believe it to be. I've spoken about a confessed believer being taken out of the body of Christ and being condemned because they are not obedient to God's word. I've never written a believer cannot stop sinning, but on the contrary, I've post believers can be perfect as Christ is perfect. I'm not a slave to sin, this is why I do not sin. I am not in the nature of sin, this is why I can't sin. Jesus gave me the victory over sin when He placed me in His body, where there is no sin. If you believe your wrong actions are sinful, you choose not to believe Jesus took your sins away. That's your choice to believe, I don't believe that. I believe Jesus took away my sins as He promised He would through the prophet's words. Again, you associate sin with wrong doing which is no difference than an atheist. I associate a believer as not in the nature of sin, as an atheist, and when they do wrong, they do not bringforth the fruit of Christ. At the end of the day (judgment), if they do not bringforth the character of Christ 30 fold, 60 fold or 100 fold, they will be condemned to everlasting destruction.

Because you are stuck on my view, you don't you don't see we believe the same things when it comes to a man's actions and condemnation for the actions of their works in the day of judgment.

All wrong doing is influenced by Satan. I am not under the law, so the law cannot condemn me by telling me that I have sinned. God or Jesus is not telling me that I've sinned. They tell me they are not inputting sin unto me. If I believed the law was telling me that I sin, then the law would be telling me that I've sinned, but God is not.

Loyal
gain, you associate sin with wrong doing which is no difference than an atheist.

you deny scripture !! and you also throw insults at me at the same time !! I am done with you and your false theology and insults. You believe as you wish,

I do ask that you not respond to any of my threads or post and I will do the same for you, God bless

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Loyal
. I'm not a slave to sin, this is why I do not sin. I am not in the nature of sin, this is why I can't sin. Jesus gave me the victory over sin when He placed me in His body, where there is no sin. If you believe your wrong actions are sinful, you choose not to believe Jesus took your sins away. That's your choice to believe, I don't believe that. I believe Jesus took away my sins as He promised He would through the prophet's words.

Sin is anything we know is wrong but do it anyway.

Jesus defeated the POWER of sin over us. He has not removed sin from us.

Jesus took our punishment for our sins. Through Christ we are able to be seen as the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Another words in Right Standing.

The old nature or sin nature was not removed but the power of it over you has been destroyed.

Seeing how we have Christ in us, we do not desire to sin and we continue to work to be PERFECTED to be more like Christ.

If you see or believe you are not able to sin and nothing you ever do or think or say is sin then you have deceived yourself.

Blessings

Active
@Wired4Fishen,

Jesus took our punishment for our sins. Through Christ we are able to be seen as the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Another words in Right Standing.

The old nature or sin nature was not removed but the power of it over you has been destroyed.

Seeing how we have Christ in us, we do not desire to sin and we continue to work to be PERFECTED to be more like Christ.

If you see or believe you are not able to sin and nothing you ever do or think or say is sin then you have deceived yourself.

Blessings

You don't understand the principle of what the law teaches or what Jesus teaches regarding sin.

Loyal

Blessings
Praise the lord for the truth brother.

you know when I was lost I did not know I was lost until I was saved.

seeing so many lost come on here with there false theology pounding there chest like they are righteous is sad, we all need to pray for them

Loyal
@Wired4Fishen,

You don't understand the principle of what the law teaches or what Jesus teaches regarding sin.
Sir I say this with Love.

Just because myself or others don't see things as you do, does not mean we are not capable of Hearing and Understanding Gods Word.

Have a wonderful evening
Blessings

Active
@Life,

You know who you are... You are allowing Satan to divide the body of Christ based on your emotional feelings. There are no insults, evil speaking or cursing happening on my part towards you, but because there is no agreement there is anger and a sense of hostility it seems and that should not be. You would rather be angered in division it seems instead of dealing with the burn you feel inside you and continue to extend peaceful conversation agreeing or not. I am not inside of you taking your peace from you. I love you in Christ and have no problem with what you desire to believe because I can't judge you. Peace is on the other side of the storm of emotions.

Much Love in Christ

Active
@Wired4Fishen,
Sir I say this with Love.

Just because myself or others don't see things as you do, does not mean we are not capable of Hearing and Understanding Gods Word.

Have a wonderful evening
Blessings

Only you think that way. Your understanding here is not my character of thought. There are many different ways of thought in this world of how believers view God's word and I walk in what I understand as you. If you present scripture to make your point, that's all you can do. That's what I do. This is not a battle ground for me, but I use it as a training ground in many areas of my life. Just continue to give scripture. If I say your scripture is not proving anything, then use another scripture. But one thing I know is people should not allow anger to divide.

Loyal
@Wired4Fishen,

Only you think that way. Your understanding here is not my character of thought. There are many different ways of thought in this world of how believers view God's word and I walk in what I understand as you. If you present scripture to make your point, that's all you can do. That's what I do. This is not a battle ground for me, but I use it as a training ground in many areas of my life. Just continue to give scripture. If I say your scripture is not proving anything, then use another scripture. But one thing I know is people should not allow anger to divide.
Lol I agree that anger has no place here.
That's not a problem for me. I won't let my peace and joy to be stolen and I don't reply in anger

Active
@Wire 4 Fishen,
Lol I agree that anger has no place here.
That's not a problem for me. I won't let my peace and joy to be stolen and I don't reply in anger

I think that's great! That is how it should be. I also believe every person should stand on what they believe without anger or wavering. If i'm presented scripture based on my questions and my questions are answered according to scripture, I will agree; but if not I will stand on what I know to be true.