• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Can a false prophet be forgiven?

Loyal
Why ask questions such as this? I can't think of any pastoral or missional benefit to an answer.

Administrator
Staff Member
Can a person who once was a false prophet be forgiven as any other sin?

Simply yes. There is only one unpardonable sin.

“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” — for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.’” (Mark 3:28–30)

Simply yes. There is only one unpardonable sin.

“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin” — for they were saying, ‘He has an unclean spirit.’” (Mark 3:28–30)
So what is the Blasphemy of tge Holy spirit? I hear its a persons heart choosing to go against God...

Administrator
Staff Member
So what is the Blasphemy of tge Holy spirit? I hear its a persons heart choosing to go against God...

15 The Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them over and over again by His messengers because He had compassion on His people and His dwelling place.
16 But they continued to jest regarding the messengers of God, despising His word and making fun of His prophets until the wrath of the Lord came up against His people, until there was no remedy.
2 Chronicles 36: 15-16

If you despise a genuine prophet of Jesus, can you be forgiven ?

Loyal
Mat 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

False prophets speak "blasphemies" , and those blasphemies can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Before a person can "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" they have to be able to identify and recognize the work of the Holy Spirit, and then say it is the work of the Devil.

The religious leaders of Jesus' day were guilty of this unpardonable sin!

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, "No wonder He can cast out demons. He gets His power from Satan, the prince of demons." (NLT)

Loyal
I believe The Word is clear all sins will be forgiven except a sin against the Holy Spirit.

I find this hard to write this, but will try, Lord forgive me for even mentioning it, you know my heart, I would never blasphem your name or the Holy Spirit.

I think it was the film, 4 weddings and a funeral, it was one of that set of films, my wife was watching it one day, I was there in the room, not really watching it but hearing parts, you know what I mean. I cannot watch it again. Rowan Atkinson posing as a vicar and called the Holy Spirit the 'Holy ****'

I kringed, I froze, I couldn't believe my ears, I say this now, as hard as it is to say, as I feel people who are saved should not watch the film, he referred to a sheep like animal, that makes a sound like a sheep, God will separate the sheep from them.

Sorry I cannot go any further.

This man can not be forgiven, but the script writers, producers and editors could all be involved if they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. All who read it and do not repent, all who say it are all in the same position as all who watch it and laugh.

That was so hard, but I felt I should share this to warn the brethren

Peace be with you all.

Jesus loves you I do too.

15 The Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them over and over again by His messengers because He had compassion on His people and His dwelling place.
16 But they continued to jest regarding the messengers of God, despising His word and making fun of His prophets until the wrath of the Lord came up against His people, until there was no remedy.
2 Chronicles 36: 15-16

If you despise a genuine prophet of Jesus, can you be forgiven ?
I do not have an answer to that..that is a very good question I'd lime to know the answer to as well!

I don't know but I know the hypocritical Pharisees despised Jesus.
Mat 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

False prophets speak "blasphemies" , and those blasphemies can be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. Before a person can "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" they have to be able to identify and recognize the work of the Holy Spirit, and then say it is the work of the Devil.

The religious leaders of Jesus' day were guilty of this unpardonable sin!

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard about the miracle, they said, "No wonder He can cast out demons. He gets His power from Satan, the prince of demons." (NLT)
How can a person tell if they have Blasphemied ?
I hear that it has to be a whole hearted complete turning against Elohim.
I believe The Word is clear all sins will be forgiven except a sin against the Holy Spirit.

I find this hard to write this, but will try, Lord forgive me for even mentioning it, you know my heart, I would never blasphem your name or the Holy Spirit.

I think it was the film, 4 weddings and a funeral, it was one of that set of films, my wife was watching it one day, I was there in the room, I cannot watch it again. Rowan Atkinson posing as a vicar and called the Holy Spirit the 'Holy ****'

I kringed, I froze, I couldn't believe my ears, I say this now, as hard as it is to say, as I feel people who are saved should not watch the film, he referred to a sheep like animal, that makes a sound like a sheep, God will separate the sheep from them.

Sorry I cannot go any further.

This man can not be forgiven, but the script writers, producers and editors could all be involved if they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. All who read it and do not repent, all who say it are all in the same position as all who watch it and laugh.

That was so hard, but I felt I should share this to warn the brethren

Peace be with you all.

Jesus loves you I do too.
Thats bad, and why I ask is because I have evil bad thoughts but I dont know if its considered blasphemous but I know there evil and i dont feel comfortable with evilness in my head but I know I dont say my evil thoughts out loud because I dont like them and didn't want those evil things my head in the first place.
I only want holy, kind,loving, and God fearing thoughts going through my head. I constantly struggled with them for the last few years..

Loyal
I do not have an answer to that..that is a very good question I'd lime to know the answer to as well!

Thats bad, and why I ask is because I have evil bad thoughts but I dont know if its considered blasphemous but I know there evil and i dont feel comfortable with evilness in my head but I know I dont say my evil thoughts out loud because I dont like them and didn't want those evil things my head in the first place.
I only want holy, kind,loving, and God fearing thoughts going through my head. I constantly struggled with them for the last few years..
You can not blaspheme what you have no knowledge of. Knoweldge makes you responsible for what you know.

Loyal

Dear brother

If you have as you say, 'evil bad thoughts', they must be dealt with. Question does God put these in your mind? Answer No. So it is the devil that puts them there.

Knowing the source the problem can be dealt with...

Romans 8:31-39 (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

James 4:7-8 (NKJV)
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

I had issues 'overcoming' sinful thoughts, I dealt with it the following way, I am not saying it is the only way but that it worked for me.

When I got sinful thoughts, I would sing God's Praises, not listening to the devil's tricks, just Praise the Lord, sing any Praise hymn or song you want, that you like, just sing Praises to God, Sing to Jesus,

The devil has no rights over any saved soul, he will try anything to get us to look away from Jesus, resist him brother, he will get fed up and flee.

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, (including evil thoughts planted by the devil), shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In Jesus Precious Name. Amen

Loyal
I have evil bad thoughts but I dont know if its considered blasphemous
Unspoken evil thoughts die unborn. The battle of the mind is the battleground where spiritual warfare is fought.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Loyal
Unspoken evil thoughts die unborn. The battle of the mind is the battleground where spiritual warfare is fought.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Amen brother

Ephesians 6:12-13 (NKJV)
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God.....

You can not blaspheme what you have no knowledge of. Knoweldge makes you responsible for what you know.
So what about somebody that has enough knowlege about the truth to be considered Christian but still has blasphemous thoughts?
Can anything be forgiven except the will full turning of mind, and actions against the Most High?

Loyal
So what about somebody that has enough knowlege about the truth to be considered Christian but still has blasphemous thoughts?
Can anything be forgiven except the will full turning of mind, and actions against the Most High?
Like one preacher said, "you can not stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from building a nest in your hair". Everyone has bad thoughts, which is why we are told to cast them down when they come.

2 Cor 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Loyal
The Devil can speak lies to our mind, and then try to to deceive us into thinking they are our own thoughts. If he can accomplish this he can control our outward actions! Just look at all the mass shootings we have had in the past year! Normal minded people would never do that!

We find in scripture Satan deceived King David into doing something that was not good.

1Ch 21:1 Now SATAN, designing evil against Israel, PUT INTO DAVID'S MIND the IMPULSE to take the number of Israel. (BBE)

We should always be wary of "impulsive" thoughts! An impulsive thought is in not thinking through the consequences of one's actions! This is what a "violent" person does!

We also find Satan putting into Judas Iscariot's mind the thought to betray Jesus!

John 13:2 So [it was] during supper, SATAN HAVING ALREADY PUT THE THOUGHT OF BETRAYING JESUS in the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son,(AMP)

Loyal
The Devil can speak lies to our mind, and then try to to deceive us into thinking they are our own thoughts. If he can accomplish this he can control our outward actions! Just look at all the mass shootings we have had in the past year! Normal minded people would never do that!

So true brother, gun crime in USA, knife crime in UK, but these things are increasing in many countries.

Increase in wickedness, hardening of hearts, increasing at an incredible rate, like birth pangs towards the end.

And satan entered Judas, he can do the same in any soul that is not in the Lord's grip.

O Come Lord Jesus