• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Breakup . .

Active
Brothers and sisters. It is over. My boyfriend broke up with me. I told him the other day how he needs to accept Christ as his Lord and savior, and that it is not OK with God to continue living together, and he left. I’m heartbroken. These past three days were very tormenting.

He changed his relationship status today on Facebook. It seems he made his mind to move on. I feel crushed. I am not going to participate in any drama, and I pray he would do the same, because it is very crucial for our child. My heart is grieving for our daughter, but the Holy Spirit is guiding me through this, and I do not want to grieve for too long, because I want my mind focused on God. I want to lift my spirit and picture my life in a different way. I have always loved Jesus. God has a plan for me.

Please, keep us in your prayers.

Loyal
I am sorry for your heart broken. Glad to keep praying. I know this was hard to do, you showed great courage sister.

Active
Awww .... Kitty, poor you. This Christian life can be a bit scary and if I'm honest, lonely - but only in patches. Look at the wider picture and especially the destination and Romans 8:18 will suddenly come into focus. One thing that'll quickly become apparent that as people come into your life and eventually fade away, there's one that's constant. Not only constant but deep, loving, caring and uplifting but above all, constant - forever!!

God bless you richly Kitty. I am praying for you xxx

Brothers and sisters. It is over. My boyfriend broke up with me. I told him the other day how he needs to accept Christ as his Lord and savior, and that it is not OK with God to continue living together, and he left. I’m heartbroken. These past three days were very tormenting.

He changed his relationship status today on Facebook. It seems he made his mind to move on. I feel crushed. I am not going to participate in any drama, and I pray he would do the same, because it is very crucial for our child. My heart is grieving for our daughter, but the Holy Spirit is guiding me through this, and I do not want to grieve for too long, because I want my mind focused on God. I want to lift my spirit and picture my life in a different way. I have always loved Jesus. God has a plan for me.

God bless you KittyLinda, you took a decision with heaven in view though a though and painful one. The Holy Spirit the God of all comfort will comfort you this season in Jesus name. Our Lord Jesus will bring your way a caring and loving christian beliver or He can convert your boyfriend and still bring him back to you. Trust God and wait for Him for His will is always the best. I will be praying for you. WE CARE ABOUT YOU. Take the following steps, 1. Get busy for God in the church,maybe join the choir, ushers, evangelism or prayer team. 2.Attend bible study regularly and prayer meetings. I recommend a book for you, Happiest people on Earth by Demos Shakarian , If you cannot get it over there just send me your mailing address, and i will send one to you.

Active

praying for you kitty
God bless you and strengthen you in this difficult time x

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18 NIV

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalms 27:14 NIV

Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.
Psalms 30:2 NIV

Be blessed and take care :love:

Active
Stay strong.

If he decides to come around again (very likely), be sure to let him know that you are not a burden. Hopefully he'll see you.

Active
Thank you everyone. The Christian walk can be so hard sometimes. This is the area that I messed up the most after I backslid and disobeyed the lord. I can see clearly now why this happened. Part of me was very broken after my first marriage ended. I was suicidal and in a very dark hole dealing with family problems, self-identity issues, spiritual warfare, and at the same time, and I was very desperate to meet someone, because of all the trauma I experienced, and I ended up in really stupid and messy situations.

It was so difficult for me to read my bible. Every time I was reading the bible, I just felt God is calling me to let it go, but I was not listening to the Holy Spirit. It was a massive inward battle for long months. I knew we needed to separate. I was fornicating with him repetitively. I had to make a decision to choose God, or him. I was desperately praying for him. I begged and begged and begged God to change his heart, and I even was angry at the lord for a while. I was asking the lord why he is not showing himself to him. God showed me he was trying to bring him closer to him, but he likes so many worldly things, and he won’t give up on them. God did everything to reach out to him, but honestly, I feel it may take a miracle or the rapture to save this man. I tried everything I could.

He is so very stubborn, and he persecuted me many times, especially after I stopped having the sex. This is why God was pressing on my heart to let it go. He prayed once with me, but was so angry with me later. He even refused to witness my baptism. I kept delaying this because I thought this would open his eyes about this sudden change in my lifestyle, but he did not care, and kept attacking my faith. Also, most of the things he criticizes come from his Catholic upbringing. No matter how much I try to tell him about Jesus or the bible, he will not show any respect at all. There are so many problems that are impossible to ignore now, but I can’t say I’m surprised. This was not a God ordained relationship after all. He is not happy about me because I do not participate in the things we used to do. Also, he is lying to his friends left and right and telling them I broke up with him. He came the other day to pick the rest of his stuff, and it got physical. I was telling him in love how I want to keep him and my faith, but he ignored me, and said nothing. I got into this depersonalization state, because of all the stress, and I was screaming loudly, crying, and yelling at him. I was in so much pain. I did not know what to say or how to react there, and he pushed me so hard to the floor. I noticed a bruise later in the morning. I was very depressed that I had to go live with my parents the next day. I did not even tell my family how bad this was because I was still hoping to fix it. Sad thing I already miss him badly, but I need to move on. There is no way a Christian could be happy with unbeliever. God does not bless these soul ties. I believe it will always end up in a heartbreak.

I felt very sad for trying to justify my sin on these forums before. Please forgive me. I’m fasting now, praying and reading the bible. I am starting to feel some peace. Soon I’ll be attending at my church. Sad thing we need to sign for attendance these days.

God bless,

Loyal
Some times we have to be knocked flat on our back before we can properly look up. I have had it pretty bad too, many have, the heart breaks, the why me starts, wishing we were dead also. Wondering why we were born, finally thinking only God really knows how to love, humans, not so much. Drawing closer to God, realizing I am human just like these other freaks down here, and that perhaps I am a freak in my own way, and yet God loves me, so I guess I gotta learn to love these humans. God loved us so much, that Jesus suffered and tasted death just so we could find our way back to God when we have wondered so far away. After I decided I would just love humans in general, but no one else mono el mono, I got happy single. And only after I was happy alone, that the right one came along. Didnt want it then, but I didnt want to hurt her, and I grew to love her, go figure.

What I am trying to tell you is, you dont know what life (with God's help) will bring you. Its a journey with many ups and downs, but the journey is worthy it even when sometimes it doesnt seem that way. God bless you sister.

Active
Some times we have to be knocked flat on our back before we can properly look up. I have had it pretty bad too, many have, the heart breaks, the why me starts, wishing we were dead also. Wondering why we were born, finally thinking only God really knows how to love, humans, not so much. Drawing closer to God, realizing I am human just like these other freaks down here, and that perhaps I am a freak in my own way, and yet God loves me, so I guess I gotta learn to love these humans. God loved us so much, that Jesus suffered and tasted death just so we could find our way back to God when we have wondered so far away. After I decided I would just love humans in general, but no one else mono el mono, I got happy single. And only after I was happy alone, that the right one came along. Didnt want it then, but I didnt want to hurt her, and I grew to love her, go figure.

What I am trying to tell you is, you dont know what life (with God's help) will bring you. Its a journey with many ups and downs, but the journey is worthy it even when sometimes it doesnt seem that way. God bless you sister.

I've learned a hard lesson from this. I want to focus on my daughter, but not sure if her father is planning to make my life a hell. I heard few things, and it just does not sound good. He is very upset and feels betrayed. I believe he likes me, but he is so selfish. He usually has his ways of forcing me to accept whatever he thinks is good for me. Also, this is not the first time we broke up, but I just know there is no way of fixing this anymore. Last time, we broke up he immediately started dating another woman who I knew was not good for him. Now, he is also making it clear that he does not intend to wait. He blocked me, and started flirting with some women on his social media. God knows if he even knows these women.

Loyal
I've learned a hard lesson from this. I want to focus on my daughter, but not sure if her father is planning to make my life a hell. I heard few things, and it just does not sound good. He is very upset and feels betrayed. I believe he likes me, but he is so selfish. He usually has his ways of forcing me to accept whatever he thinks is good for me. Also, this is not the first time we broke up, but I just know there is no way of fixing this anymore. Last time, we broke up he immediately started dating another woman who I knew was not good for him. Now, he is also making it clear that he does not intent to wait. He blocked me, and started flirting with some women on his social media. God knows if he even know these women.
Well, he is a man of this world, at least of the current world, most without God only see whats good for them, and perhaps their parents, not always even that. He probably wants someone to act upon his sexual desires, since you are no longer available, this in itself isnt abnormal, but beware of lewd behavior in front of your children with his new girlfriend(s). That could be damaging emotionally and spiritually to your children. With the split up and the sharing of kids, make him promise to not have girls overnight when the kids are with him.

Thank you everyone. The Christian walk can be so hard sometimes. This is the area that I messed up the most after I backslid and disobeyed the lord. I can see clearly now why this happened. Part of me was very broken after my first marriage ended. I was suicidal and in a very dark hole dealing with family problems, self-identity issues, spiritual warfare, and at the same time, and I was very desperate to meet someone, because of all the trauma I experienced, and I ended up in really stupid and messy situations.

It was so difficult for me to read my bible. Every time I was reading the bible, I just felt God is calling me to let it go, but I was not listening to the Holy Spirit. It was a massive inward battle for long months. I knew we needed to separate. I was fornicating with him repetitively. I had to make a decision to choose God, or him. I was desperately praying for him. I begged and begged and begged God to change his heart, and I even was angry at the lord for a while. I was asking the lord why he is not showing himself to him. God showed me he was trying to bring him closer to him, but he likes so many worldly things, and he won’t give up on them. God did everything to reach out to him, but honestly, I feel it may take a miracle or the rapture to save this man. I tried everything I could.

He is so very stubborn, and he persecuted me many times, especially after I stopped having the sex. This is why God was pressing on my heart to let it go. He prayed once with me, but was so angry with me later. He even refused to witness my baptism. I kept delaying this because I thought this would open his eyes about this sudden change in my lifestyle, but he did not care, and kept attacking my faith. Also, most of the things he criticizes come from his Catholic upbringing. No matter how much I try to tell him about Jesus or the bible, he will not show any respect at all. There are so many problems that are impossible to ignore now, but I can’t say I’m surprised. This was not a God ordained relationship after all. He is not happy about me because I do not participate in the things we used to do. Also, he is lying to his friends left and right and telling them I broke up with him. He came the other day to pick the rest of his stuff, and it got physical. I was telling him in love how I want to keep him and my faith, but he ignored me, and said nothing. I got into this depersonalization state, because of all the stress, and I was screaming loudly, crying, and yelling at him. I was in so much pain. I did not know what to say or how to react there, and he pushed me so hard to the floor. I noticed a bruise later in the morning. I was very depressed that I had to go live with my parents the next day. I did not even tell my family how bad this was because I was still hoping to fix it. Sad thing I already miss him badly, but I need to move on. There is no way a Christian could be happy with unbeliever. God does not bless these soul ties. I believe it will always end up in a heartbreak.

I felt very sad for trying to justify my sin on these forums before. Please forgive me. I’m fasting now, praying and reading the bible. I am starting to feel some peace. Soon I’ll be attending at my church. Sad thing we need to sign for attendance these days.

Pls kittylinda, dont stop going to church or fellowship. That's where you will receive some comfort.Seek counselling in your church pastor. Don't hide yourself & be alone, you need people of God for fellowship & socialization. Shallom.

Active

It's right that you stand on your faith Linda, who knows, your stand may speak to your boyfriend, or maybe not. I had a marriage breakup in the sixties my wife found another, and the out come was, I met Helen, we had four children and we are now in our fifty fourth year and praising God. I have a good relationship with my first wife and two children and the Lord never ceases to bless us. I pray he does you.

Active
Things are getting much worse. He is seeing his ex now. This is also the same woman he was with when we broke up the first time, a woman who cheated on him, then also cheated again on the other man she met. I have no idea what is he thinking. He told me the other day he is not planning to get back with her, but why he meets with his ex now? That does not make any sense to me. I would not trust that woman if I were him. I actually for the first time I feel I was blind or something. All these flaws, I have no idea how I could not see them. And how is it even possible for me now to have fellowship with him after all of this. I can’t handle this frustration and the disrespect anymore. I am not feeling well lately. I had a panic attack and shortness of breath. Even his best friend is very upset and does not talk to him anymore after he heard he was seeing his ex.

I told him if he wants to be with this woman, then he must leave me and my daughter alone. But he was like “Do not tell me I can’t see someone else. We are not together. You left me. You do not love me…. etc.” And when I told him that I did not leave and that I love him, and how is it even possible for him to say such things to our friends when I asked him, if he would get me a ring soon . . . . . but he persecuted me again. He does not get it. He has a worldly version of love. I sent him some Christian materials about my situation. I hope it would help him but I doubt he will listen.

I found it so strange how he could tolerate me all these years, even for being a drug addict, but won’t accept me now. I am not sure how is that shoving my faith down his throat as he claims. I told him it is required of me to witness to him, if he wants to be with me or around my daughter. I deliberately let him see me reading my bible and listening to Christian music, but I did not tell him he must be a Christian or we can’t be together.

He actually left only because I said there is no way I could look in the mirror and call myself a Christian, if I keep having sex with him. I’ve known Christians couple who were engaged, and would not even meet anywhere expect in public places until they married. I did not even dare to tell him he can’t be in the same bed with me and he still left. If that is not persecution, then I have no idea what I should call it. I distanced myself from everyone even my family just to be with him, and this is what I get. The more I talk with him about my faith the worse it gets and the more rejection I experience. Unless God does a miracle in his life, then I can’t see him accepting me as a Christian.

Active
Pls kittylinda, dont stop going to church or fellowship. That's where you will receive some comfort.Seek counselling in your church pastor. Don't hide yourself & be alone, you need people of God for fellowship & socialization. Shallom.

I tried. They do not know how to help me. They do not get it. They feel bad for me. They pray for me, and try to give me some advice, but they just do not understand anything. I don't even want to burden them anymore. Probably the only person who can relate is a Christian wife of a backslidden husband. And even then, they won’t grasp the full picture because I am not even married to this man. It is so hard.

Active
Kitty - yer slippin'!! Can I please urge you to take a step back before you fall over?

You've made a decision, he's not for you, stick with it, cling to the Lord Jesus. He has all the answers, loves you unconditionally and with a love we can barely comprehend, He's in control and is protecting you and caring for you minute by minute. Please do nothing to block God's plans and blessings for you, look forward and not back Luke 9:62

You've told the ex about the wonders of Jesus, warned him about the unthinkable end he's heading for and how to change that but he's not interested. God cannot will not force obedience and repentance. So please stay friendly, your lil'un needs a dad but if he wants to wallow in sin and hang about with 'easy girls' he'll hopefully see that sin is overrated and maybe see a brighter, better alternative.

Meanwhile focus on you, focus on God. He has amazing plans, including a guy that'll love you, love your faith and will want to share in your praise and depth of knowledge of His wonder. A truly Christian relationship and hopefully marriage is a three way thing and is so precious and beautiful.

Stick with it girl. God loves you, He has a plan - please don't thwart it!

Active
I tried. They do not know how to help me. They do not get it. They feel bad for me. They pray for me, and try to give me some advice, but they just do not understand anything. I don't even want to burden them anymore. Probably the only person who can relate is a Christian wife of a backslidden husband. And even then, they won’t grasp the full picture because I am not even married to this man. It is so hard.

Satan tells you, church is rubbish, they don't understand you, they don't have all the answers, they're all 'happy people' that you can't relate to. The answer is, so what, that's not what church is for. I go to church to share in worship and praise, encourage others and learn from the sermons and prayers - anything else is a bonus.

There's only one that truly understands, that knows what you're going through and has the answers, it's His problem, not yours and not your church's. Just give Him some space and let Him work. Some encouragement and prayer wouldn't go amiss, especially from your church so please keep them on board. Please, please, just wait upon the Lord Isaiah 40:31

God bless you and look forward to a lovely safe service on Sunday. Take care and God bless.

Active
Hi KittyLinda. Why are you playing the victim? You gave him an ultimatum and you got what you wanted: him out of your life if he didn't play the game your way.

While life is about making difficult choices, it's more important knowing you made the correct choice. If Gods leads his dear children along in shady green pastures, keep looking to Him for guidance as He knows what is best for your situations although we may not initially agree with it. Phil 4:8.