• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Breakup . .

Staff Member
Greetings Linda,

sometimes we have to let things go that would otherwise continue to hurt us
but you're also hurting me when you say things like this.

May i have your attention for a few moments?

Imagine if someone handed you a very hot coal and you took it in your hand and it began to hurt. Do you think you would keep holding on to it to see if it might stop hurting?
Or do you think you might keep holding on to what is hurting your hand and put up with the pain?

Or, do you think you would drop it immediately?

We don't need to, or have to, continue to hold onto things that hurt us.
Jesus took our sin upon Himself and in my experience, thus far, we can lay our burdens down before Him because He cares.

Some suggest to go to the Cross and look up at Jesus and as you do so, your heavy load falls off your shoulders. It is a metaphor but it is also a touch of having faith in Him Who gave His life for you and me.

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget, you do not have to keep holding onto anything that causes you pain - you would also very quickly tell your little one to let go of something that was hurting her.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings Linda,

sometimes we have to let things go that would otherwise continue to hurt us

May i have your attention for a few moments?

Imagine if someone handed you a very hot coal and you took it in your hand and it began to hurt. Do you think you would keep holding on to it to see if it might stop hurting?
Or do you think you might keep holding on to what is hurting your hand and put up with the pain?

Or, do you think you would drop it immediately?

We don't need to, or have to, continue to hold onto things that hurt us.
Jesus took our sin upon Himself and in my experience, thus far, we can lay our burdens down before Him because He cares.

Some suggest to go to the Cross and look up at Jesus and as you do so, your heavy load falls off your shoulders. It is a metaphor but it is also a touch of having faith in Him Who gave His life for you and me.

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget, you do not have to keep holding onto anything that causes you pain - you would also very quickly tell your little one to let go of something that was hurting her.

Bless you ....><>

I was praying for an hour but there is so much spiritual warfare in my life that really takes my focus away from God. You are right. We do not hold to sin or seducing spirits. I know my lord can deliver me. My savior can break these bonds and free me from oppression and sin, but I need to be so humble to accept it. Been there before, and I have seen people healed and delivered instantly. My friend told me the other day if I want to let go of this and they were ready to pray for me all day, until I get delivered and freed from this evil spirit that I actually know it is there, and I almost accepted it, but my pride stopped me but I am finally ready to let go of this pain. I know I will be delivered. Those are Spirit-filled Christians and are very experienced. Hopefully within few days, I'll have good news to say here. I'll use this time to pray and read the bible. Keep me in your prayers.

It is recently taken, but it does not matter how I look.

No. No. It does matter. Women have been lied to by Oprah, Derrick Jaxn, feminism and operation evil. The you go girl. Your attractive at any weight. Put a full ring in your face. Cover yourself in tattoos and sleep around.

The old fairy tales were genius. You see very wicked women in the stories HATING HOT AND YOUNG. the fairy tales warned Little girls. Today, you have women lied to with body positive and sleep around, high kill count, and are cheering women off a cliff.

Don't let morons lie to you.

That actually has always turned against me. I even stayed in violent relationships and everyone leaves. I was that desperate, and I can't make it work in any relationship. Men often tell me nice things, until they actually know me enough, then they just want to be far away from me.

As a man, its not enough to be attractive or physically fit. Regardless of what lies are in the culture, your expected to be resourceful. On dates, the entitlement is IMPRESS ME. DANCE MONEY DANCE.

Violence is never acceptable. Why are you there? A 911 call changes this. The problem is that, there are the Amber Herds of the world. Liars and disgusting human beings who make false accusations. It begins to lose meaning because of how prevalent wolf is cried.

Any instance of violence call 911.

I do not wish to be someone's casual too, but he did not leave me when I was in prison, or for my addictions, or when I was in a psychiatric hospital for months. I even wanted to give up my baby for adoption because deep down I hate myself, but he refused, and stayed with me, convinced me that is not the right way and he promised to try to make it work. I am not a bad person, but my disorder nearly makes it impossible for me to have healthy relationships. There are no alternatives here and they will never be after having a child in my life. Not even the kindest Christians men want to be with someone with these problems and I doubt I can change anything about me. God's knows If I will actually die alone. Even my family nearly gave up on me before. Choose your destiny sounds like I can control my life. I lived 8 years of hell trying to cope and even now I fear that I can't cope alone as a single mom.

Speak to your local priest or pastor.

I can't say that my heart is focused on God, but I am also not consciously willing to sin. I read my bible just recently this year, after a suicide attempt and a family crisis. I am not very moral being if you want to test me on these biblical rules. It is why I left the faith and I came to it several times but I am trying to be a good person. I pray. I read the bible. I believe in Jesus.

Perhaps, I am confused. Yes, this should not shake my faith, but you're also hurting me when you say things like this.

God bless,

Your not getting it.

You've been lied to. Facts over feels.

Your life and time doesn't grow back. Much of the lies you are fed by society and the culture is good feels and making you a statistic.

Take ownership of your life. Its hilarious about the running narrative about independent woman and yet, the reliance on government and or men. The amount of delusions in society is cheering women into the abyss.

Turn your life over to Christ.