• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Blood of Jesus?

Staff Member
Greetings,

the article is definitely not supportive of the word of faith movement! It does raise some valid points which perhaps could be better explained.
As it is, I was thinking about this subject only about half an hour ago, before you even posted. When the Israelites were in Egypt, the turning point for them which gave them the deliverance, was when they obeyed the LORD and did as He said, using the blood of the lamb; upon the door frame of their dwelling place. Up until then, the miracles and signs did not effectuate release from slavery and oppression. Those things were given, leading up to the blood, which saved them from the death that came upon all those who did not have the blood upon the door posts and mantles. Important not to forget that they also were doing so in obedience by faith according to what the LORD commanded through His servant, Moses, who himself was drawn out, rescued, saved and called to testify to what the LORD told Him to speak.

The article tends to downplay the significance of blood, all blood in general and the shed blood of Christ our Lord more specifically. What do you think?

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
sorry,

I forgot to say that the 'pleading the blood' part is probably what you are asking about, so I will respond again to this later.

Bless you ....><>

Religious unspiritual people will do anything to appear godly among themselves.

Jesus came into the world to start the millennium reign of Christ where many servants of God were used to testify to the knowledge of Christ that reveals the hidden things that no man can see and what the Tree of Life is. All the servants of God who testify on behalf of God are killed by religious people who hate the true gospel of God. They love their false gospels but not the voice of the Lord spoken by God's servants.

Loyal
So.....Does anybody here know what you're doing when you plead the blood? Why plead the blood? What does plead the blood mean? Anybody?

Loyal
Greetings,

the article is definitely not supportive of the word of faith movement! It does raise some valid points which perhaps could be better explained.
As it is, I was thinking about this subject only about half an hour ago, before you even posted. When the Israelites were in Egypt, the turning point for them which gave them the deliverance, was when they obeyed the LORD and did as He said, using the blood of the lamb; upon the door frame of their dwelling place. Up until then, the miracles and signs did not effectuate release from slavery and oppression. Those things were given, leading up to the blood, which saved them from the death that came upon all those who did not have the blood upon the door posts and mantles. Important not to forget that they also were doing so in obedience by faith according to what the LORD commanded through His servant, Moses, who himself was drawn out, rescued, saved and called to testify to what the LORD told Him to speak.

The article tends to downplay the significance of blood, all blood in general and the shed blood of Christ our Lord more specifically. What do you think?

Bless you ....><>

It would not be wisdom to believe this drivel by Got Questions.org Again, they are totally off the beam. What do you think?

Loyal
It would not be wisdom to believe this drivel by Got Questions.org Again, they are totally off the beam. What do you think?

“Pleading the blood” is actually a legal term. Think of it like a lawyer pleading his case before the judge. He presents evidence and facts to support his case. We have examples of this term in the Old Testament (1 Samuel 24:15; Psalm 43:1).

When the accuser says we’re guilty, our plea before God, the Righteous Judge, is the blood of Jesus. It changed everything. The blood of Jesus established a new and better covenant between us and a holy God (Hebrews 8:6-7, 9:11-14, 22, 12:24). The blood is our defense. It declares we are not guilty but free from all penalty of sin. The blood also gives us the authority and dominion to resist Satan and put him out of all the affairs of our lives and our families’ lives.

Because of Jesus’ sacrifice at Calvary, the devil has no legal right to interfere in our lives anymore. He says we’re guilty; we “plead the blood!” (James 4:7; 1 John 3:8; Luke 10:19). We have every right and provision to walk in victory through the precious blood of the Lamb.

Every day you have the right to exercise that authority by pleading what the blood of Jesus has done for you. Refuse to give the enemy even one small inch of territory. Satan is a defeated foe and through the precious blood of Jesus we are victorious!

- See more at:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Plead the blood is not in the Bible. Seems man made.
Is it your opinion then that 'pleading the blood' is wrong? Note that the word 'rapture' is not used in the bible either...Nor is gravity, electricity, cars, computers or a raft of other things we 'believe' in.

The question is...does it line up with the Word? Abraham stood on covenant Genesis 18:16-33 and it pleased God. Paul stood on covenant in Hebrews Check it.....The problem here is, we are covenant people, the people of the Book. yet the major part of the modern church knows little to nothing about covenant.....How can they claim something that belongs to them if they don't know what that is?!https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...s7uHcP9dSuAghZb9w&sig2=VQoKbcEhXvVvqoo2U6w1PQ

Not a term Jesus or the Apostles used. Sound doctrine is adhering to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
Not sure that a Christian needs to "plead" anything? We are to share the gospel, not plead the blood.

Kinda like the term "you gotta take it to the cross". Not in the Bible.

Loyal
Not a term Jesus or the Apostles used. Sound doctrine is adhering to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
Not sure that a Christian needs to "plead" anything? We are to share the gospel, not plead the blood.

Kinda like the term "you gotta take it to the cross". Not in the Bible.
I'm sorry Cudabob, that is a very very elementary, super simplistic definition of 'sound doctrine' and so incomplete.....For example Act of teaching or that which is taught. The use of the term in Scripture, however, is broader than a simple reference to information passed on from one person to another or from one generation to the next. Christianity is a religion founded on a message of good news rooted in the significance of the life of Jesus Christ. In Scripture, then, doctrine refers to the entire body of essential theological truths that define and describe that message ( 1 Tim 1:10 ; 4:16 ; 6:3 ; Titus 1:9 ). The message includes historical facts, such as those regarding the events of the life of Jesus Christ ( 1 Cor 11:23 ). But it is deeper than biographical facts alone. As J. Gresham Machen pointed out years ago, Jesus' death is an integral historical fact but it is not doctrine. Jesus' death for sins ( 1 Cor 15:3 ) is doctrine. Doctrine, then, is scriptural teaching on theological truths.
Doctrine is indispensable to Christianity. Christianity does not exist without it. The New Testament repeatedly emphasizes the value and importance of sound doctrine, sound instruction ( 1 Tim 6:3 ), and a pattern of sound teaching ( 2 Tim 1:13-14 ). The apostles defended the faithful proclamation of the gospel ( Gal 1:8 ). They formulated Christian faith in doctrinal terms, then called for its preservation. They were adamant about the protection, appropriation, and propagation of doctrine because it contained the truth about Jesus Christ. Knowing the truth was and is the only way that a person can come to faith. So the apostles delivered a body of theological truth to the church ( 1 Cor 15:3 ). They encouraged believers to be faithful to that body of information they had heard and received in the beginning ( 1 John 2:7 1 John 2:24 1 John 2:26 ; 3:11 ), that "faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints'' (Jude 3). Believers, in general, were instructed to guard the faith, that is, to stand firm in sound doctrine ( 2 Tim 1:13-14 ). Pastors in particular were admonished to cleave to sound doctrine so that they could be good ministers of the gospel ( 1 Tim 4:6 ).
I could go on, but the point is.....there is more contained in 'sound doctrine' than what you read in the bible....Jesus taught concepts and ideas as well as how to heal, how to cast out demons.......

We can simplify my whole diatribe here by saying 'Just because you don't read it in the bible is not saying it is not scripturally true

OK, but I think the teachings of Jesus and Paul and the apostles pretty much covers the issue of sound doctrine.
But, as I mentioned earlier, I don't see "plead the blood" in my definition of sound doctrine. Paul defined the gospel
in 1 Cor 15. I think we should keep it simple like that.

1 Cor 15 Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.
3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said.4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.

Loyal
OK, but I think the teachings of Jesus and Paul and the apostles pretty much covers the issue of sound doctrine.
But, as I mentioned earlier, I don't see "plead the blood" in my definition of sound doctrine. Paul defined the gospel
in 1 Cor 15. I think we should keep it simple like that.

1 Cor 15 Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place.
3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said.4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said.

Well my friend, I need to point out then, that you are living outside that sound doctrine...You use many things, you discuss many things, you believe in many things that the bible does not talk about. As I posted above.."gravity, electricity, cars, computers or a raft of other things we 'believe' in." are not talked about by Jesus, Paul or any other person in the bible...They are not mentioned at all in any part of the book...Bad doctrine to believe or use these things?

I also posted above. Pleading the blood” is actually a legal term. Used when claiming covenant...like "I claim my covenant rights." or I claim the shed blood of Jesus which ratifies the covenant between God and me. The covenant that provides for my salvation and my needs and wants."

To think along the lines of "If Jesus did not say it, its not true" would be very limiting on you and on God Cudabob...Here is an example of claiming of the blood...Even before the covenant was given God gave what we call a type of 'pleading the blood' But this is, I agree, a knowledge that comes from revelation and not from intellect...Its something we need to learn from the Holy Spirit not from a brain that is operating at only 10% of its capacity. Anything else that you use....if it was working at only 10%capacity...you would be trying to fix it...You can fix your brain...It was designed to work in unity with God's brain....Link up!

Pray about it Cudabob...Listen the the Holy Spirit about it...

I think when Paul told Timothy to adhere to sound doctrine, Paul
could only be referring to Jesus' teachings, Paul's teachings, and
the teachings of the other Apostles.

Instead of talking about electricity and cars, etc, lets stick with Biblical truths,
and things of the Spirit of God. I prefer to believe what the Bible actually teaches.

The Mormon angel Moroni is not in the Bible. That does not make him real.

Loyal
I think when Paul told Timothy to adhere to sound doctrine, Paul
could only be referring to Jesus' teachings, Paul's teachings, and
the teachings of the other Apostles.

Instead of talking about electricity and cars, etc, lets stick with Biblical truths,
and things of the Spirit of God. I prefer to believe what the Bible actually teaches.

The Mormon angel Moroni is not in the Bible. That does not make him real.

Ok Cudabob...It seems obvious you want to stick with a religious notion. and not depend on the Holy Spirit to teach you...Let's just leave this alone. At least I see no basis for discussion here...Jesus, Paul and the others taught concepts, precepts and not law. Let me know when you are ready for biblical truth...I'll give you some...

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Cudabob We could do it this way....When you share something with me, Please give me scripture to back up what you say

Staff Member
Greetings brothers

I am not getting involved in your brotherly discussion.

However, from a moderation point of view, please ensure that you do back up what you say with scripture.

Thank you

Forever O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven.
Psalm 119:89

Loyal
Greetings brothers

I am not getting involved in your brotherly discussion.

However, from a moderation point of view, please ensure that you do back up what you say with scripture.

Thank you

Forever O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven.
Psalm 119:89
LOL Well you could pipe up sometimes. I love your shares