• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Blood of Jesus - God Unveiled

Staff Member
"Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom."—Matthew 27:51.

No mean miracle was wrought in the rending of so strong and thick a veil; but it was not intended merely as a display of power—many lessons were herein taught us.

The old law of ordinances was put away, and like a worn-out vesture, rent and laid aside. When Jesus died, the sacrifices were all finished, because all fulfilled in Him, and therefore the place of their presentation was marked with an evident token of decay.

That rent also revealed all the hidden things of the old dispensation: the mercy-seat could now be seen, and the glory of God gleamed forth above it. By the death of our Lord Jesus we have a clear revelation of God, for He was "not as Moses, who put a veil over his face." Life and immortality are now brought to light, and things which have been hidden since the foundation of the world are manifest in Him.

The annual ceremony of atonement was thus abolished. The atoning blood which was once every year sprinkled within the veil, was now offered once for all by the great High Priest, and therefore the place of the symbolical rite was broken up. No blood of bullocks or of lambs is needed now, for Jesus has entered within the veil with his own blood.

Hence access to God is now permitted, and is the privilege of every believer in Christ Jesus. There is no small space laid open through which we may peer at the mercy-seat, but the rent reaches from the top to the bottom. We may come with boldness to the throne of the heavenly grace. Shall we err if we say that the opening of the Holy of Holies in this marvellous manner by our Lord's expiring cry was the type of the opening of the gates of paradise to all the saints by virtue of the Passion?

Our bleeding Lord hath the key of heaven; He openeth and no man shutteth; let us enter in with Him into the heavenly places, and sit with Him there till our common enemies shall be made His footstool.

Charles Spurgeon

Loyal
I must say.. I find it very surprising that Spurgeon said this. In one of his most famous sermons
called "The Perpetuity of the Law" he says....

The Perpetuity of the Law of God - C.H. Spurgeon #1660-61 MTP

I. First: THE LAW OF GOD MUST BE PERPETUAL. There is no abrogation of it, nor amendment of it. It is not to he toned down or adjusted to our fallen condition; but every one of the Lord’s righteous judgments abideth for ever. I would urge three reasons which will establish this teaching.
In the first place our Lord Jesus declares that he did not come to abolish it. His words are most express: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." And Paul tells us with regard to the gospel, "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Rom. iii. 31). The gospel is the means of the firm establishment and vindication of the law of God.
Jesus did not come to change the law, but he came to explain it, and that very fact shows that it remains,

Spurgeon had a very Armenian view of the Law.

Staff Member
Thanks for the reply Brother. @B-A-C

Devotionals by there very nature don't normally allow for the author to go in depth on one doctrine. Interestingly enough. I've found that those who have the Armenian view also have issue with our Brother Spurgeon. :)
YBIC
C4E
<><

Loyal
The rending of the temple veil can be seen then as well as the tearing of the flesh of Jesus in order to permit his blood to flow out and for his people to enter in.