• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Blinded, not able to really understand the bible??

Loyal
Doyou think they way we live enables us to understand the bible?? If we are living in sin, will God let us really understand the bible??

If we dont have true integrity will God let us understand his word?

Loyal
2 Peter 1:8–9

8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

Active
Greetings,
God is the only one that can lift the dark veil. He is the only one that can give us wisdom and understanding by revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ. His ways is not are ways....and we should not lean to our own understanding. Who has known the mind of God? Forsaking ALL, pick up your cross and follow me.
All praise, glory and honor be unto God.

Active
See "Blinded, by Choice"
Watercooler
A good testimony that touches this base.

Active
DAVE I wish to try to help with your confusion so i will refrain and speak directly to your question.

By the fallen Adamic nature , man is made spiritually blind. By the glitter of earth, he is deceived. By juvenile interpretations of scripture, he is lulled into complacency. All these things were designed by God to conceal his wisdom, and to baffle the human heart. And they work all too well.

"Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, A WORK WHICH YE SHALL IN NO WISE BELIEVE , though a man declare it to you."

When Jesus said "If any man come after me let HIM take up his cross and follow ME." What he is saying here is that if you really want understanding you must lay aside all the things that keep you from learning the truth, and all truth is in Jesus who is the WORD or PLAN of God made flesh.
If we start at the end of Jesus' earthly time we see him lifted into the heavens where he was glorified by the Father. This is the goal for you as well, to what level of glorification you come to, well thats up to the Father.

Luke 10:22 "All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, AND HE (THE FATHER) TO WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM."

If your getting my meaning here it will say to you that you will never know God or his plan unless he and it are revealed to you by Jesus. Your time is a precious thing that must be spent ALONE with the Lord Jesus as though he were the only person that could teach you because he is the only one that can teach you the truth. And as he does so it will separate you from the rest of what calls itself Christianity with all of its social events and singing programs and lack of understanding. Even today the masses of humanity are dismissed to know nothing of what the Father has been up to since he started this (human) project.

If I told you then you as mentioned above would not be able to believe in it for it was not the Father who revealed it to you, it must come from him for you to have Faith in it.

My suggestion to you is spend what time you have Alone with the Bible and Jesus. Read entire books every day if time permits, maybe even 2 or 3 or more and don't worry too much about retention. Let what verses speak to you today teach you, And those that leave you questioning will get answered in other places within the word. The Bible was written like a puzzle to keep most from understanding. So expect to find pieces of the puzzle in different places.

I leave you with this verse:

If YOU continue in My WORD then YOU shall know the TRUTH, and the truth shall set YOU free."

You must desire the truth more than life itself if you really want it, but be prepared to be one of the few who truly does understand because the thing they call church will become an enemy to you. They will not respond well to what the Father and the Son will teach you if you try to share it. But i tell you truthfully that being alone with the Father and Son and the Truth is better that being with hundreds of fallen carnally minded humans. You will come to pity them for you will know why they are stuck where they are. Predestined, not unloved, just predestined for now.

Loyal
My suggestion to you is spend what time you have Alone with the Bible and Jesus

good post brother I agree time in the bible is a must, I am in most days at least 2 hrs just me and the word (this time of year) (except sundays when I go to church, but I think we also need obedience if we are not obeying the word, and instead we are living in sin, I do not think all day in the word will be enough to get the slightest understanding.

Last edited:
Active
Once the word comes alive in you the sin will stop as your desire to be obedient to the Father increases. Think of sin as a challenge to overcome for you personally, you will not succeed completely. And remember we are saved by Grace through Faith, not by being sinless. Your works, to the Father, are as a dirty rag in comparison to the righteousness he provided for you.
As long as you allow your members to be the servants of sin then sin is your master. But understanding and wisdom from the word will change that.
Continue to run your race and overcome the challenges he places in front of you for in overcoming them there is reward worthy of your effort.

t

Loyal
Once the word comes alive in you the sin will stop as your desire to be obedient to the Father increases. Think of sin as a challenge to overcome for you personally, you will not succeed completely. And remember we are saved by Grace through Faith, not by being sinless. Your works, to the Father, are as a dirty rag in comparison to the righteousness he provided for you.
As long as you allow your members to be the servants of sin then sin is your master. But understanding and wisdom from the word will change that.
Continue to run your race and overcome the challenges he places in front of you for in overcoming them there is reward worthy of your effort.

Jesus Freed me from my sin enslavement some time ago brother Praise the Lord !! my point in this thread was if we really want to understand the word of God, we must be obedient to it !! I get so sad when I see so many falling for all the false teachers out there in todays world. Look at the biggest Church in america, Joel Olseteen full of false teaching and he never stands on the word of God. Yet I remember when I came to Christ, I could not discern the fact he was a false teacher. Because he was so nice. and scripture warns us about this very thing.
2 Corinthians 11:15
So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Active
You are correct. And it is obvious you were not talking about yourself? It is only as we mature into the mind of Christ that the false becomes apparent. Separation of wheat and tares. And as we go further we will see that the Father is in control of everything and that they are appointed to this position for now.

Active
This is going to be a long post so be patient.

Like the 12 spies of Israel, only a few of those who left Egypt (the called out) will be allowed to glimpse the glories of Canaan. Of those few who see it, only a remnant will have ears to hear , spiritual eyes to see, and a heart to believe that it can be attained. These will observe and consider the possibilities of a new spiritual habitation, something far beyond the experience of mortals. Their veins will pulse with the vision of Joshua and the courage of Caleb. Their hearts will yearn for something more, and be drawn by the tantalizing glimmer of a permanent spiritual inheritance.

If these qualities exist in your spirit, you are called to a rare and higher road. This road leads to the greatest of celestial battles. This ultimate war is for the conquest of Canaan. This supreme contest offers a prize of glittering excessive spiritual wealth, a prize above all others, a spiritual position in the first born company of the Sons of God.

These few are the 144,000

When a sinner is called out of sin he/she is in the wilderness and cared for by God as the Israelites were. But when confronted with their promised possession they drew back in fear and disbelief because they did not have the stomach for possible sacrifice of what they had in order to go to WAR to gain the possession. There were 2 (Joshua and Caleb) that did not draw back and were not afraid and only those 2 of all the people 20 years old and up were allowed to eventually enter in to the promised possession. And they entered in as WARRIORS. The rest were cared for by God in the wilderness and wandered in the desert until death claimed them. This is the state of the majority of Christianity today, either not shown the promised land or too afraid or unable to believe that it is theirs. This is the high road or the narrow path Jesus talked about.

All it requires is the death of the 5 Canaanite tribes in You which are your 5 senses, and once they are dead, their master, your carnal mind, will die with them. The lusty 5 senses of the physical body , and the Satanic carnal mind, are the 2 curses of Eden. The destruction of these adversaries is the WAR that God has provided for your spiritual perfection. (A mans enemies are those of his own household)

What you are able to see today in modern Christianity will cause bewilderment because it does not satisfy you. There is a lingering tug at your heart that says there is more and in order to get more we have to give up whatever is holding us back.

That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death. If by and means I might advance to the earlier resurrection, which is from among the dead. Not as though I had already attainded, either were already perfect: but I follow after, If that I may apprehend that for which I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, FORGETTING those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press toward the mark for the prize of the HIGH CALLING of GOD in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore , as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, GOD SHALL REVEAL EVEN THIS UNTO YOU.

Jesus Christ is the pattern for your spiritual maturity, and he established the universal standard for SELF SACRIFICE. Jesus did not do it all for you. Rather he made it possible for you to follow in his steps. If you do what Jesus did , you will come to the same reward. If you do not, you will die in the wilderness.

"If any man come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
"Whosoever does not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple."
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame."

These short posts do very little justice to the magnitude of what is provided in the Bible and it leaves it up to each individual to dig up these precious pearls that God has hidden within the text. We are miners digging up spiritual gold that is more precious than anything the world has to offer.

Egypt represents slavery to sin.
The Red Sea represents the washing of the sinner with the blood of the lamb. Salvation
The wilderness represents that location where most are left to enjoy salvation until they are called unto the resurrection.
Canaan represents that area where the Warrior Son will be crucified of all self. And put on the mind of Christ becoming a Son of God.

When you cross the river Jordan be prepared for your own sacrifice.

Active
Don't be afraid. When it's time the Holy Ghost shall teach you.
God made a promise in the Old Testament that "ALL shall know him from the greatest to the least." So wherever you are you fit into this group.
You will someday understand and be exceptionally glad.

The truth is simple really
God wanted children
God sent Jesus to show us how a spirit of the Lord could become a SON of GOD and therefore a GOD albeit still in subjection to his Father.
Gods plan for you and the rest of us is to become what Jesus is today a SON of GOD. In subjection to the Lord Jesus and the Father.

Not that hard really. The Bible is written to keep those who should not know yet out. So if it's not time for you yet to understand that's ok, it will eventually happen.

Loyal
Yes painful too, but you can since the growth in your spirit and the company of the “Holy Spirit” who is also a “Comforter”.

In Isaiah 29, it discusses blindness and deafness of the spirit, how those who are blind and deaf will not be able to see or hear, meaning they will not understand the word of God. This is because the scroll was sealed. However, at the time when the scroll is opened, when there is understanding available, those who are humble and needy will be able to hear and see, meaning they will be able to understand the message that once was prophecy and now has been fulfilled. A passage that you can also look to is Matthew 13, in which Jesus discusses the fulfillment of what it means to be able to finally see, and understand.

Active
Doyou think they way we live enables us to understand the bible?? If we are living in sin, will God let us really understand the bible??

If we dont have true integrity will God let us understand his word?

Hi,
Pray for understanding before reading the Bible. Then pick a section you feel drawn to and begin reading. I find things become clear in this way.

Each day I read a little of the old testament and a short section of the new.
I hope that helps.

Loyal
10And as soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve, began asking Him about the parables.11And He was saying to them, “To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God; but those who are outside get everything in parables, 12in order that WHILE SEEING, THEY MAY SEE AND NOT PERCEIVE; AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR AND NOT UNDERSTAND LEST THEY RETURN AND BE FORGIVEN.”

Loyal
The reason man canunderstand the word of GOD because The Father has blinded their eyes so they cannot see. Because HE does not want many to see.

These things Jesus spoke, and He departed and hid Himself from them. 37But though He had performed so many signs before them, yetthey were not believing in Him;38that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT? AND TO WHOM HAS THE ARM OF THE LORD BEEN REVEALED?” 39For this cause they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40“HE HAS BLINDED THEIR EYES, AND HE HARDENED THEIR HEART; LEST THEY SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND PERCEIVE WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED, AND I HEAL THEM.” 41These things Isaiah said, because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him.42Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

And all of man’s magic and their schools and all of mankind churches and formulas and Bible classes cannot rule over the Supremacy of THE ALMIGHTY GOD. Who bows to no man, nor subject to their degrees or pay attention to a corrupted mortal’s mind.

Mankind can be a good citizen of this world and his neighbors will love him and his employer will to and all mankind will praise and honor him for the good citizen he is. And worthy to be their friend. And a prime role model for their children as a whole. Less the True And only “TETRAGRAMMATON”.

Loyal
Hi,
Pray for understanding before reading the Bible. Then pick a section you feel drawn to and begin reading. I find things become clear in this way.

Each day I read a little of the old testament and a short section of the new.
I hope that helps.
So the rule now is, how to read a “Book” you cherry pick the pages you read. And the instructor grade you on those cherry pages you have read instead of “The Book”. And the student [the disciple] runs away proclaiming” I know, I know” just like the “Bumblebee” flying around buzzing singing “
“Buzz, Buzz, Buzz”..
And if wondering what that mean you should read the whole “Book”.

Just like if I mention bread crumbs, it might remind you of “Hansel & Gretel”.
And “Low I come in The Volume of The “Book” it is written of me. It might remind you it is JESUS.
For cherry picking separate sentences out The BOOK can never reveal Jesus The Anointed One neither can it reveal His FATHER and The Divine Purpose of All Creation.

And if I rather choose “Speculation & Imagination” and on top Cherry picking sentences written in “The BOOK” , I have a done a great injustice to my very soul and leading into the very depths of no return into the outer darkness where there is no light but still I cannot escape”GOD”.

Active
So the rule now is, how to read a “Book” you cherry pick the pages you read. And the instructor grade you on those cherry pages you have read instead of “The Book”. And the student [the disciple] runs away proclaiming” I know, I know” just like the “Bumblebee” flying around buzzing singing “
“Buzz, Buzz, Buzz”..
And if wondering what that mean you should read the whole “Book”.

Just like if I mention bread crumbs, it might remind you of “Hansel & Gretel”.
And “Low I come in The Volume of The “Book” it is written of me. It might remind you it is JESUS.
For cherry picking separate sentences out The BOOK can never reveal Jesus The Anointed One neither can it reveal His FATHER and The Divine Purpose of All Creation.

And if I rather choose “Speculation & Imagination” and on top Cherry picking sentences written in “The BOOK” , I have a done a great injustice to my very soul and leading into the very depths of no return into the outer darkness where there is no light but still I cannot escape”GOD”.

Hi,
Well no rule, it's just how I do it. Over time I have built up knowledge in my own way. Everyone has their own method.