• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Blinded, not able to really understand the bible??

Loyal
Every one has the ability to believe.

Agreed. Some simply refuse to.

Romans 12:3
(AMPC) For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.
(ASV) For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but so to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith.
(ESV) For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
(KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
(MKJV) For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
(NAS77) For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
(NAS95) For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
(NIrV) God's grace has been given to me. So here is what I say to every one of you. Don't think of yourself more highly than you should. Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you.
(NIV) For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
(NLT) Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
(TPT) God has given me grace to speak a warning about pride. I would ask each of you to be emptied of self-promotion and not create a false image of your importance. Instead, honestly assess your worth by using your God-given faith as the standard of measurement, and then you will see your true value with an appropriate self-esteem.

Active
Every one has the ability to believe.
1 Peter 2:8 ................even to them that stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also THEY WERE APPOINTED.
Now if they were APPOINTED to stumble at the word, who appointed them and how? Since God works all things according to the council of His own will it has to be God.

Loyal
Now if they were APPOINTED to stumble at the word, who appointed them and how? Since God works all things according to the council of His own will it has to be God.

This quickly becomes a chicken and egg problem. :)

1Pet 2:7; This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,"
1Pet 2:8; and, "A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE"; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.

Those who are disobedient are appointed to doom. But did God pick and choose who would be disobedient?

2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

1Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

God wants ALL men to be saved, yet all men aren't. Because of free-will.

Active
You are sticking to the faith alone doctrine you chose to believe and you don't want to discuss what the scriptures say?
No, I believe all the words of God. And I also believe that faith without works is dead. Again, my point is that God first chooses us, God first calls us, God has predestined us to be saved by His grace before the foundation of the world.

God moves us to repent of our sins, God gives us the faith to believe. God gives us the gifts of His Spirit so that we can overcome sin, overcome the world, overcome the wicked one, and to fulfill His will and purpose.

God is the one who first loved us, and made us to walk the path of righteousness so that we can bear good fruit by Christ abiding in us and we in Him. When you come to understand this you will see there is no boasting on our part. All the praise, honor and glory belongs to God, who chose us before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:4-7

King James Version

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Ephesians 1:3-5

King James Version

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Romans 9:9-16

King James Version

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.
10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Praise the Lord!

Active
Those who are disobedient are appointed to doom. But did God pick and choose who would be disobedient?
YES
Free will is a joke. If they are APPOINTED TO STUMBLE AT THE WORD, God Appointed them to that, just in the same manner the elect are appointed to be the elect. There is nothing
that you do that is free will until after salvation. Do you perfect yourself? No, as you are not the author nor the finisher of your faith. You must wait and be matured in Gods timing
and theres nothing you can do to change that.

Romans 11:5 "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant ACCORDING TO THE ELECTION OF GRACE."

1 Co 15:21-22 For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL BE MADE ALIVE. But EVERY MAN in his own order...............

Your God is too small. You need to see my Father as He is, completely in control of all things and eventually fulfilling His will in this issue of all to be saved.

For He must rule until ALL enemies have been put under His feet, the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. The only way that happens is when the last man
has entered into life according to that same election according to grace. When no man can die then death will have been destroyed and then shall the will of God been fulfilled
which is having ALL come to the knowledge of the truth. God promised life eternal before the foundation of the world, and to those who have received of His grace understand
that life now, but until the rest are given the same grace and faith according to His timing they will remain the disobedient as they were so appointed.

it was the one act of righteousness that justified ALL men. And those that are justified will also be glorified. Romans 5:18

Romans 8:30 "Moreover whom He did PREDESTINATE, them He also called, and whom He called , them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified."

Now if the one righteous act of Jesus justified ALL men as stated in Romans 5:18 then ALL men will also be glorified in time as ALL have been predestinated to come into the life
purchased by the blood of Jesus, it's only a matter of when will the Father call EVERY MAN, and that will be according to the Fathers order.

I hope that you eventually find this truth as it is the truth that will set you free, otherwise your fine with God roasting the majority of His creation which was never the plan,
and if fine with that then God help you for you have no compassion on your fellow man, and even less understanding of the grand plan, THE WORD OF THE KINGDOM.
A MAN MUST BE BORN AGAIN IN ORDER TO SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND ONLY AFTER FAITH HAS BEEN GIVEN AND THE HOLY GHOST SEALED THAT PERSON
WILL THE PERSON BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT KINGDOM. Problem is no man through FREE WILL or any other will can make that happen for themselves, for it
is NOT of him that WILLS, NOR of him that runs, but OF GOD THAT SHOWS MERCY. Romans 9:16

As far as chicken or egg goes, we love Him for He first loved us.

Loyal
Free will is a joke.
Your God is too small.

It has been argued that a God who's sovereignty doesn't doesn't depend on what we do to be sovereign is a bigger God than one who has to control us.

I hope that you eventually find this truth as it is the truth that will set you free, otherwise your fine with God roasting the majority of His creation which was never the plan

I think that God has rules, you meet them or you don't. If you don't you pay the price, it's that simple. Now you can blame God for people not meeting the requirements if you want to.
Jas 1:13; Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.

As far as chicken or egg goes, we love Him for He first loved us.

Jude 1:21; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Active
Agreed. Some simply refuse to.

Romans 12:3
(AMPC) For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.
(ASV) For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but so to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith.
(ESV) For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
(KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
(MKJV) For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
(NAS77) For through the grace given to me I say to every man among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
(NAS95) For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.
(NIrV) God's grace has been given to me. So here is what I say to every one of you. Don't think of yourself more highly than you should. Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you.
(NIV) For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
(NLT) Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
(TPT) God has given me grace to speak a warning about pride. I would ask each of you to be emptied of self-promotion and not create a false image of your importance. Instead, honestly assess your worth by using your God-given faith as the standard of measurement, and then you will see your true value with an appropriate self-esteem.
Right, exactly! Good scripture that says plainly that God has dealt to every man a measure of faith.
I do want to say that we can definitely grow in faith.

2 Corinthians 10:15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our sphere of activity among you will greatly expand,

And also many scriptures that tell us not to lose our faith.

Active
1 Peter 2:8 ................even to them that stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also THEY WERE APPOINTED.
Those who love their sins more than God are destined/appointed to stumble over the rock and find God's word offensive.

They could still have the ability to repent, for many do repent later in life.

Active
No, I believe all the words of God.
What you are saying though are the teachings of false preachers.
And I also believe that faith without works is dead.
Do you believe right action isn't necessary to be saved? Do you believe the works Paul speak about are anything Jesus tells us to do, or just the purification works?
Again, my point is that God first chooses us, God first calls us, God has predestined us to be saved by His grace before the foundation of the world.
God doesn't predestine people to be saved. God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus and He made that plan before He made the world or anything.
God moves us to repent of our sins,
Give the scripture that says that, and, explain that.
God gives us the faith to believe.
God has give every man the ability to believe.
God gives us the gifts of His Spirit so that we can overcome sin, overcome the world, overcome the wicked one, and to fulfill His will and purpose.
God doesn't give His Spirit to unbelievers and the unrepentant.
God is the one who first loved us,
That is "us" in general., God doesn't even know you personally unless you obey Him. Just ask for the scriptures if you want.
and made us to walk the path of righteousness so that we can bear good fruit by Christ abiding in us and we in Him. When you come to understand this you will see there is no boasting on our part. All the praise, honor and glory belongs to God, who chose us before the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 1:4-7​

King James Version​

The not boast is about circumcision of the old law. Want the scripture? The Pharisees could boast in how many circumcisions they did.

Active

King James Version​

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.
10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Praise the Lord!
Esau gave up his inheritance for a bowl of soup.
We have to want God more than anything and anyone.

Active

Ephesians 1:3-5​

King James Version​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
That is about the plan for salvation.

Active
Give the scripture that says that, and, explain that.
I did twice already.
Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodnessand forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

If Gods goodness is leading you to repentance, then you are being moved by God. Not hard to comprehend.

Active
Esau gave up his inheritance for a bowl of soup.
We have to want God more than anything and anyone.
You must have missed this part…..

Active
That is about the plan for salvation.
Yes, predestination by Gods grace

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Active
I did twice already.
You didn't give explanation though.
Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodnessand forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

If Gods goodness is leading you to repentance, then you are being moved by God. Not hard to comprehend.
How? I want to hear you explain the how, because I know how and I know how the Calvinists and Lutherans say.