• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

Once upon a time I was actively engaged in doctrinal discussions of this nature. I quoted verses upon verses. But then one day, it dawned on me, everything I'm equipped with to be skilled in conversations of this nature is useless if I don't live a real holy life in Christ daily, each moment.

I reflected on my relationships with my dad, mom, siblings, wife, children, neighbors, the beggar down the street, the drunkards nearby, those who hated me, those who stepped on my shoes during rash hours in buses and trains, my difficult bosses, etc. I realized I failed miserably. That's when I saw that living the LIFE daily counted more than being skilled and equipped in discussions. "That life was the light of men."

Discussions are good, I still enjoy them now and then, but the world needs to see the LIFE in us.

No believer can blaspheme the Holy Spirit. We can say dumb things about Him, like mock churches where Christians are spirit fileld and speak in tongues. But that's just being an ignorant Christian. The only people that can be guilty of blaspheming are those in unbelief who go to their grave telling Jesus that they don't need forgiveness. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our righteousness and who we are in Christ. He's our best buddy.

Once upon a time I was actively engaged in doctrinal discussions of this nature. I quoted verses upon verses. But then one day, it dawned on me, everything I'm equipped with to be skilled in conversations of this nature is useless if I don't live a real holy life in Christ daily, each moment.

I reflected on my relationships with my dad, mom, siblings, wife, children, neighbors, the beggar down the street, the drunkards nearby, those who hated me, those who stepped on my shoes during rash hours in buses and trains, my difficult bosses, etc. I realized I failed miserably. That's when I saw that living the LIFE daily counted more than being skilled and equipped in discussions. "That life was the light of men."

Discussions are good, I still enjoy them now and then, but the world needs to see the LIFE in us.

Exactly. Lamp under the bed or out in the dark lane. As hard as it is, that is what you should be working for. Conquer your fears of others, and you conquer their fear of you, but with some slight juggling and skillful discussion so as not to get your lamp worn out.

The pharisees were believers too Mr Robster.

Wake up. To believe in the old means nothing. To believe in the new means everything.

Even believers will disbelieve, because they believe in an echo to sound right for their heart and not with their hearts as should be their hearts.

Thus you can still speak against the holy spirit.

And even that can be forgiven.

Last edited:
Exactly. Lamp under the bed or out in the dark lane. As hard as it is, that is what you should be working for. Conquer your fears of others, and you conquer their fear of you, but with some slight juggling and skillful discussion so as not to get your lamp worn out.

The pharisees were believers too Mr Robster.

Wake up. To believe in the old means nothing. To believe in the new means everything.

Even believers will disbelieve, because they believe in an echo to sound right for their heart and not with their hearts as should be their hearts.

Thus you can still speak against the holy spirit.

And even that can be forgiven.

I woke up a long time ago brother and stopped believing all the nonsense that's been spouted by so many denominations who take verses out of context and who don't even know that some books and chapters in the Bible speak directly to unbelievers, not believers. The Pharisees were religious people who lived under an inferior covenant and during a time when God dwelled in a Temple on earth, not like He dwells in us today. We are so righteous in God's eyes that the Holy Spirit will dwell in a believer FOREVER. And the Holy Spirit convicts us of our righteousness. He encourages us. He's not a fault finder or someone who condemns us. So while believers may say foolish things against the Holy Spirit, out of their own ignorance, that does not equate to blaspheming the Holy Spirit. That verse has been taken so out of context and has been misapplied to believers and we as believers can not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. We can say dumb things about Him and even mock Him by ridiculing believers that speak in tongues, but not blaspheme Him as the righteousness of God in Christ. Only those in unbelief can and they do this by going to their grave declaring that they don't need to be forgiven for sins.

This is strange
I always thought a person had to be a Christian first before they could blaspheme the Holy Ghost.

But it makes since. When Jesus said, "Whoever blasphemes the Holy Ghost never has forgivness." He was really talking about the Pharisees.

And they were religions but didn't believe.:handshake:
So it make sence.

True Blasphemy

The Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to repent of God, and therefore to choose sin. The guilt of the Pharisees was a type of the false religious traditionalists, who though they claimed to reverence God and His law, outright rejected the Father through their actions against the Son, and literally cast out the Word of God to preserve their traditions.

As it was in the days of Christ, so shall it be in the last days concerning the church (the Body of Christ). Hence Christ's warnings to the Apostles that they too would be cast out, persecuted, and executed by those who made a pretense in following God, but had no true fellowship with Him.

The unforgivable sin is not an act which can be committed unintentionally or unknowingly; it is willful rebellion and apostasy against God in full (Through our failure in the law we have already blasphemed the Father, through our crucifixion of Christ have we blasphemed the Son, if now we blaspheme the Holy Spirit there is no more redemption and reconciliation and salvation, for we have refused every aspect of God, who is the only one capable of such things).

Rather the unforgivable sin is upon spiritual and supernatural evidence to deny what God has accomplished through His Word and Spirit. It is to purposefully be made in to a false witness (or better said, a liar and a direct contradiction to the example of Christ, the Word of God, which is truth itself) against God and His ministry by failing to truthfully testify of what God has done in your life and in the world.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
(Heb 6:4-12)

These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
(Joh 15:17-27)

thought I would add here that Jerry Falwell and his bible colledge taught that it is okay to blaspheme the Holy Spirit in the age of grace.
Blaspheme also includes attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil. That's why the people said of Jesus " he has a devil, and his works are of the devil. This is the only sin not forgiven.

thought I would add here that Jerry Falwell and his bible colledge taught that it is okay to blaspheme the Holy Spirit in the age of grace.
Blaspheme also includes attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil. That's why the people said of Jesus " he has a devil, and his works are of the devil. This is the only sin not forgiven.

I am not sure where you got your information but Jerry Falwell would never say such an abominable statement. He was a man of God that loved the Bible and His Savior. Shame on you for bearing false witness.

Blayz-i will be praying for you to accept Christ. Being a christian is the richest, most rewarding experience you can ever know! The main focus of salvation is your eternal destiny-to die without Christ and go to to eternal suffering or become born again and exist in a perfect spiritual body some day and never cry another tear, suffer sickness, etc. I believe the Lord led you to this website. Please talk to a pastor at a church or call one of the many christian talk shows and say what is known as "the sinners prayer" and accept Christ into your heart today as we are not promised tomorrow and after death is is too late!!

I'm sorry that I had to share this terrible news. My apology that I don't have the tape. it is #4 on H.L.Wilmingtons
seminary type coarse. He is or was the president of Falwells colledge. It is certain that Falwell would have dealt with it if he didn't receive it. I heard it with my two good ears. A new shocker today. Papa Hagee TV Evangelist was married and shacking with a young girl in his congregation. He divorced his wife and married her. I had learned you can't be a pastor if living in fornication or adultery. Can you imagine how the leaders in Paul's day fealt when he came to Jesus for salvation----just the same way we feel when men of God turn from Christ to reproach his kingdom so people will blaspheme the name of Jesus.

Who cares if a man sins if they are liberal and don't believe you can depart from the faith. 1Tim. 4:1--

It will take great humbling to read ch. 6 and 12 of Hebrews. slowly and prayerfully. My prayer is people will take Jesus seriously and read Amos 6:1--- this is the hour of that passage.

the age of what?

the age just closed btw, you're in the days of Noah by the star charts, the fallen angels are back on the planet, their 5055 year judgement is up.

STAR CHARTS ?

The fallen angels (demons) never left, they, and satan have been quite busy.

btw, I am still under grace

STAR CHARTS ?

The fallen angels (demons) never left, they, and satan have been quite busy.

btw, I am still under grace

we are all under grace, but if we sin against another man we still have to ask him for forgivness.

yes, the fallen angels did leave, Enoch locked them up for 70 generations, which has now been decoded to be 70 degrees of the equinox (yep, God made the Zodiac, we just turn everything upside down)
70 x 72.22 years is 5055. add this to the year they came to the earth and you get 6000 years plus or minus a blink of an eye.
The demons have been here forever, but the nephilum (fallen angel- human hybrids) are gone as of the flood.
these nephilium will be back on the planet, i think within a year we should be hearing reports of something that's not entirely human being born.

personally i think the black eye'd children (alien-human hybrids) are something else, take a look at Joel chapter 2 verse 2. its possible the aliens fufill that, or perhaps their human hybrids.
nothing new under the son, except for the race spoken of by Joel, and they aren't here yet.

the fallen angels were locked up and the nephilium destroyed in the flood however there is still several lines of corrupted DNA and that's why the world leaders work very hard to keep their bloodlines straight.
if the dna was corrupted again after the flood or if it came through Noah's son's wives, i don't know.
personally i think the dna has been corrupted 3 consecutive times.

we are all under grace, but if we sin against another man we still have to ask him for forgivness.

yes, the fallen angels did leave, Enoch locked them up for 70 generations, which has now been decoded to be 70 degrees of the equinox (yep, God made the Zodiac, we just turn everything upside down)
70 x 72.22 years is 5055. add this to the year they came to the earth and you get 6000 years plus or minus a blink of an eye.
The demons have been here forever, but the nephilum (fallen angel- human hybrids) are gone as of the flood.
these nephilium will be back on the planet, i think within a year we should be hearing reports of something that's not entirely human being born.

personally i think the black eye'd children (alien-human hybrids) are something else, take a look at Joel chapter 2 verse 2. its possible the aliens fufill that, or perhaps their human hybrids.
nothing new under the son, except for the race spoken of by Joel, and they aren't here yet.

the fallen angels were locked up and the nephilium destroyed in the flood however there is still several lines of corrupted DNA and that's why the world leaders work very hard to keep their bloodlines straight.
if the dna was corrupted again after the flood or if it came through Noah's son's wives, i don't know.
personally i think the dna has been corrupted 3 consecutive times.

Yes, when we sin we must ask forgiveness

As for this other stuff, give me chapter and verse to back it up.

Yes, when we sin we must ask forgiveness

As for this other stuff, give me chapter and verse to back it up.

Its not the least of your worries lol.
i'll leave the spiritual apocalypse coming to the experts, Russ Dizdar and others:
blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2012/12/14/the-hagmann-hagmann-report

here have something more important to debate lol.
greatbiblestudy.com/christian_demon.php

A mod should move both these posts to a new thread.

Its not the least of your worries lol.
i'll leave the spiritual apocalypse coming to the experts, Russ Dizdar and others:
blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2012/12/14/the-hagmann-hagmann-report

here have something more important to debate lol.
greatbiblestudy.com/christian_demon.php

A mod should move both these posts to a new thread.

It is the least of my worries because it is foolishness.....where in the Bible do you find anything like this?

The experts are God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit.......where do they say this?

In my thinking, the unpardonable Sin can only be committed by believers. The Pharisees Knew Jesus to be the Son of God, Knew He was sent from above, they didn't acknowledge Him they intentionally attributed His Miracles to the devil. For the unbeliever, remember that the devil has blinded their eyes.. 2 Corinthians 4:4. So if they are blind, they can't see the truth because at a point we believers were blinded before we received Him into our lives. It is not God's will for any to perish and I know it is the Holy Spirit that Convicts, Converts and Redeems. If ignorantly you committed the unpardonable sin " When you are an unbeliever" do you think the Holy Spirit can still come to you convicts you, convert and grant you Salvation? Do you think that the Unpardonable Sin can Make you see God. God Is HOLY remember... In my deduction the Sin against the Holy Spirit is this " I believer in Christ Jesus, Having a relationship with Jesus, who believes in miracles and has had an encounter, then attributed the miracles to evil spirit or deny the existence of Jesus (His Son-ship) or Lost the faith as a Christian.
Just thinking here...:confused:

Thanks for sharing. This post has really set me free from the mental torment. You are right . They hated Jesus they didn't believe in Him and they were lying and doing everything they could to turn other from believing in Jesus. They would not accept that He was the Son of God and so their hearts were so darkened and their eyes were so blinded that they couldn't see the truth and blatantly denied His power and that He was King. They claimed to be spiritual but in reality they were lost. A believer couldn't do this from their hearts because they believe. They know who Jesus is , they acknowledge Him, and they believe that He was filled with the power of God, and was resurrected by the power of God. So its impossible to be Saved and blasphemy the Holy ghost cause you believe. They didn't.

Last edited:
For those of you struggling with those blasphemous thoughts and lies from the enemy. There is freedom in the truth. Jesus said if you are not with me then you are against me. The Pharisees were against Jesus. The didn't follow Him, they were not filled with the Holy Spirit, they didn't believe in Him. They didn't proclaim His name and miracles to the world, they didn't love Him, they were not children of God. They were His enemies and they wanted people to love and worship them, they lied, talked against Him and they even went as far as talking about the Holy Spirit of God. To stop others from believing in His miracles and His clear victory of the evil in the world. Point blank they were against Jesus and because of their evil hearts they wanted others to stop believing and they did everything they could.

Point blank they were against Jesus and because of their evil hearts they wanted others to stop believing and they did everything they could.

It might be useful to clarify a couple of definitions here, An unbeliever is one who has heard the Gospel but refuses to believe; a non-believer is either one who has just begun to hear the Word or has never heard it. Many non-believers are in the process of coming to Christ and should not be lumped in with those who refuse to believe.

SLE