• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Beware of Rapture Ready

Can anyone show scripture where Jesus said he was coming back before the tribulation?

Or could it be so many have wrest the scriptures that Paul wrote like Peter said in 2Peter 3:16 .

Would not Jesus have told it if he was coming back before the tribulation, cause he told about his return.

Active
Can anyone show scripture where Jesus said he was coming back before the tribulation?

Or could it be so many have wrest the scriptures that Paul wrote like Peter said in 2Peter 3:16 .

Would not Jesus have told it if he was coming back before the tribulation, cause he told about his return.

Consider His audience.

A few months ago i asked God a ? and He answered me. But prior to the ? He showed other things. I was driving down a road and 2 words popped into my head and later that night i read those 2 same words in a sentence. Christ-like and humble. After i asked Him that ? for 2 weeks later almost everyday He showed me something. Sometimes after asking or pleading. Yes, there is a rapture and if your not the definition of Christ-like and humble you will be here during the great tribulations. Or perish during His wrath. Not everyone will perish though. 8 billion people will not go into the great tribulations. Thats why people need to be Christ-like and humble. Im talking to everyone including christians. And yes He showed me that i am a true watchman. Not someone just preaching. There is a difference. People need to fear God and it says it in the bible.
Lets think about something real quick. What is Christ-like? Well ask yourself that. Its like the saying what would Jesus do. Would He promote to watch tv and do what most people do. Would He even walk in your house. Heck most people cant even forgive others. And that is why i question some christians. Some do what they shouldnt do. Im sorry to divulge that. Even though it my job. Its true. And most christians live for their religion and not the bible as a whole.
There are people already in heaven and hell. Why is a rapture important for you and i? Because i believe those that are already in heaven and get raptured will escape judgement. Those that perish during the wrath and live during the great tribulations and the people in limbo (not in heaven or hell) will be in judgement. And thats most of the people. Yes, there are so called christians that will be left for the great tribulations for their actions. Not truly Christ-like and humble. I have more but this is the rapture section.

Consider His audience.
Im so with you. Maybe the second coming is at the end. When the rapture happens doesnt mean it is the second coming. Im glad to find someone that might agree. And this is not something that would send us to hell like other things that people could argue about.

Consider His audience.

So that is a no, Jesus never said he was coming before the tribulation.

If we consider the audience, in all scripture that would leave anyone today out , cause no one alive today would have been his audience.

But I know you will say he was talking to the nation of Israel when he was telling of the coming of the son of man , but you won't have one scripture that says he was talking to the nation of Israel.

So I still ask show me the scripture where Jesus said he is coming back before the tribulation.

Consider His audience.

If we consider the audience, in all scripture that would leave anyone today out , cause no one alive today would have been his audience.

But I know you will say he was talking to the nation of Israel when he was telling of the coming of the son of man , but you won't have one scripture that says he was talking to the nation of Israel.

So I still ask show me the scripture where Jesus said he is coming back before the tribulation.

We should always bring biblical truth at a high standard. Even above Evangelical teachings that may have gone astray. But we need to do our best to do it in love

Active

Jesus didn't say when He would come, but He did mention signs of His coming, and that He was coming again---and quickly. He was talking to His followers, who were Jews.

However, with regard to the Tribulation, that is when God will be focusing on Israel. The Church is not part of that focus. We will be removed for that time. Jesus will return after the Tribulation with all of us saints in tow. therefore, we need to have been with Him for Him to bring us. We will have had to experience the Marriage of the Lamb beforehand, and will have had to stand before Him at His Bema Seat Judgment to receive our rewards, so that we can rule and reign with Him in the Millennium which begins the moment He arrives.

Matthew 24
Mark 13
Luke 21
These are the main chapters Jesus talks about his coming , when he will be revealed.

So did Jesus say when he would come , or just tell of signs ?

What I find interesting what he tells in each of these chapters.
Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them , Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you.
Luke 21:8 And he said , Take heed that ye be not deceived, for many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and the time draweth near; Go ye not therefore after them.

So when it comes to his coming or revealing he warns that people will come in his name and they will say that he is the Christ, but they will deceive many.
Why such a warning , cause he knew many would be deceived about his coming.

So who was he talking to , when he told about his coming in these 3 gospels, Mt, Mark, Luke

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple ; and his ( disciples ) came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple
Mark 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, ( one of his disciples ) saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here.
Luke And as ( some ) spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts he said.

OK it says his disciples , so which disciples was all of them , was all the Jews ?

Mt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him
( privately,) saying Tell US , when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy ( coming ) and of the end of the world ?
Mark 13:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, ( Peter ) and ( James ) and ( John ) and ( Andrew ) ask him ( privately )
Luke 21: 7 And they asked him, saying Master, but when shall these things be ?and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass ?

So we know scripture does not contradict , it only gives more understanding.
So we see where Peter, James, John ,and Andrew ask him privately.
So no he was not teaching the Jews he privately told these disciples , about him coming

So next question was he only telling the Jews of his coming, or is the gospel for all believer's, and to as many as will believe .
When he ends telling of his coming in Mark he gives a warning also.
Mark 13: 34-37-- For the son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house , and gave authority to his servants, and to ( every man) his work, and commander the porter to watch
Watch ye therefore, for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at mid night, or at the cockcrowing , or in the morning.
Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
And what I say unto you I say unto ( ALL ) watch.

Now if the Church is gone before his coming why does he tell all to watch

But the question is does he tell when he is coming back?

Matthew 24: 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened , and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heavens shall be shaken.
30. And ( then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mark 13:24 But in those days, ( after ) that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds , from the ( uttermost ) part of heaven.
Luke 21:25. And they shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars , and upon the the earth distress of nations , with perplexity the sea and the waves roaring.
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven shall be shaken
27 And when these things begin to come to pass , (( THEN LOOK UP ) and lift up your heads, for your redemption draweth high.

With all Jesus says about his coming he always said after the tribulation is when he comes , or appears
I would say that is telling when he would come.

So we might say he talking about his second coming and that is so true , because they will be no coming ( rapture ) before this one .
If there was he would have told us, because he has foretold us all things

Mark 13:23-- But take you heed; behold I have foretold you ( all things )

So does Jesus say one time in scripture that he is coming back before the tribulation ?

I will not stand before him someday and say Lord I didn't know, so many said that you was coming back before tribulation to rapture us out, so this is what I told others.
Only to here him tell me that I was bareing false witness to what he said, that he never said he was coming before tribulation, but after the tribulation.
Cause after all he did say let no man deceive us , about when he comes back,

Last edited by a moderator: