• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Beware of Rapture Ready

That's was brought me to this forum. I attempted to debate the pre-tribulation rapture believers and they will not allow it. My first thought was " that's kinda cult- like".
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: I guess they fear that they will lose members.

This is part of a letter written by Corrie Ten Boom in 1974.
There are some among us teaching there will be no tribulation, that the Christians will be able to escape all this. These are some of the false teachers that Jesus was warning us to expect in the latter days. Most of them have little knowledge of what is already going on across the world. I have been in countries where the saints are already suffering terrible persecution.

And about myself. I live in Pennsylvania with my wife Michelle and twin boys Steven and Samuel.

Hi Steven :)

Welcome to the forum from another parent of twins :)

...... does it really matter when/if the rapture happens? Honest question, I have seen a lot lately about that topic and while I haven't looked into it for myself...it just seems like it is a lot of debate about something that doesn't matter other than to be able to say, "I am right!". Which, if/when there is a rapture...that, I would think would be the last thing I would be saying or thinking lol

Active
Welcome to the forum.

I also have a problem with the "rapture theory".
Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life.
I trust God and believe in His Word.
Wasn't it Peter who God told to join himself th the chariot of the eunuch? and after God was finished with him there, God took him away (caught up or raptured) to a different place. This happened in the blink of the eye. He was there and then he wasn't.

Those folks looking for an easy ride out of here are missing the mark.
How could one even believe they can sit on a pew for 60 yrs, do nothing, and believe they will not suffer a physical death is beyond me.

Jesus said, we better arm ourselves likewise, if they have done it to Him, they will do it to us. We will suffer upon this earth. Even unto death, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.
All praise glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Staff Member
First welcome to Talk Jesus @Steven
Glad you have found your way here.

I truly hope you find the fellowship and growth in His Word that you are seeking.

We do have open discussions on just about every topic and the "Rapture" is one of them! I've listed a couple of links on the topic that have been done here in the past. There are many more of them if you just do a search selecting "In Titles Only" with the word "Rapture" in the search block.

You are welcome to continue posting in them or start your own thread on the topic. As a Community of Christians. In truth, what we seek should be done in a fashion that not only conveys scriptural truth, but also the love that one has for another in Christ Jesus. Sometimes this is difficult when dealing with a subject that seems to divide so many, but not impossible!

Once again be welcome Brother Steven.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Note: I just selected the below at random. I did not look to the position that either the thread starter or posters hold on the subject. :thumbsup:

The rapture revisted | Talk Jesus Forums

Is Rapture going to happen Before the Tribulation or After? | Talk Jesus Forums

What is the difference between the Rapture and the Second Coming? | Talk Jesus Forums

Active

RJ

Welcome to TJ!
I have no problem one way or the other but, I see enough in scripture and just feel that Christ will rapture ( gather) the church before Tribulation. But I am ready for anything and, as I always say, your own personal "rapture" or Armageddon will occur anyway when you die!

Active
That's was brought me to this forum. I attempted to debate the pre-tribulation rapture believers and they will not allow it. My first thought was " that's kinda cult- like".
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: I guess they fear that they will lose members.

They don't worry about losing members. Rapture Ready is a site for those who trust the bible teaches a pre-tribulational rapture of the Church. Debate is not necessary and that is not what they are there for.

Active
Hi Steven, Welcome to Talk Jesus! When I discover a new forum, the first thing that I do is look for their statement of beliefs. If It doesn't line up with what I believe, then I don't bother to join. There are a lot of forums that don't allow debate. I wouldn't call them a cult-like just because that is their policy (I don't know anything about Rapture Ready, I have never been there. Just speaking generally). As far as Talk Jesus, I believe that you will find some great fellowship here!

They don't worry about losing members. Rapture Ready is a site for those who trust the bible teaches a pre-tribulational rapture of the Church. Debate is not necessary and that is not what they are there for.
When I first became a Christian some thirty or so years ago all my friends believed in a pre-tribulation rapture and it seemed that all the churches i went to had the same teachings. i was neutral on the subject because i really liked the idea of a rapture that could occur at any time. But i just could not find any real scripture that told me that this was true. So i left it alone until several years later i decided to do some studying on it and the more i studied the more i found sound scripture that pointed not to a pre tribulation rapture but a post tribulation rapture. Every scripture that a pre tribulation rapture believer presented was speculative at best. I believe in sound scripture for sound doctrine. Psalms 12:6 For the words of the Lord are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. If Christians choose to believe in a pre tribulation rapture that does not make them any less Christian. But I fear that many will be offended by the Gospel when great persecution and tribulation comes to the American churches.

Active
When I first became a Christian some thirty or so years ago all my friends believed in a pre-tribulation rapture and it seemed that all the churches i went to had the same teachings. i was neutral on the subject because i really liked the idea of a rapture that could occur at any time. But i just could not find any real scripture that told me that this was true. So i left it alone until several years later i decided to do some studying on it and the more i studied the more i found sound scripture that pointed not to a pre tribulation rapture but a post tribulation rapture. Every scripture that a pre tribulation rapture believer presented was speculative at best. I believe in sound scripture for sound doctrine. Psalms 12:6 For the words of the Lord are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. If Christians choose to believe in a pre tribulation rapture that does not make them any less Christian. But I fear that many will be offended by the Gospel when great persecution and tribulation comes to the American churches.

Even if it turns out I am wrong in holding to what I believe the entire body of scriptures points to, then I am not going to be shocked or taken by surprise. My faith is in the living Jesus, and any amount of persecution headed my way is welcome---for His glory! How on earth can the gospel offend a believer?

We are not going to suffer the tribulation that God has said will come upon the world---we are not the world.

Even if it turns out I am wrong in holding to what I believe the entire body of scriptures points to, then I am not going to be shocked or taken by surprise. My faith is in the living Jesus, and any amount of persecution headed my way is welcome---for His glory! How on earth can the gospel offend a believer?

We are not going to suffer the tribulation that God has said will come upon the world---we are not the world.
John 16:1-3 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. they shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. John 16:33 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; i have overcome the world.

Active
John 16:1-3 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. they shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. John 16:33 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; i have overcome the world.
The word tells us we will always have trouble because of our faith. That is not about the Tribulation that is going to cone upon the whole unbelieving world who refuses tobrepent after each judgment poured out by God.

Nope. It's not for the Bride! Try again...harder.

Even today there are Christians who are persecuted for their faith. If you don't believe that then go the the website The Voice Of The Martyrs and read about all of the Christians who are persecuted and killed for their faith. In places like China, Africa, the Middle East. And South America. The western churches in Europe and in America seem to be the only churches who believe that we should not be subject to this. That for some reason we will be spared. In the face of all the scriptural and real time evidence that one day in America we will go through the same persecution these other Christians are going through today, it just surprises me there are still those who believe it won't happen to us. God is Faithful!!!

Active

RJ

I trust God and believe in His Word.

Those folks looking for an easy ride out of here are missing the mark.

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.

All praise glory and honor be unto God
  • We all have trials and tribulations everyday...this has nothing to do with or the same as the "Great Tribulation".
  • I trust and believe in his word, I just don't believe the same as you do.
  • There are no easy rides in this life and, believing that Jesus will gather his church prior to the "Great Tribulation" is a matter of scripture and opinion and nothing to do with looking for an easy ride.
  • Nor am I ashamed of the gospel.....If I don't agree with you then I am ashamed of the gospel??
  • Also, all the glory goes to God, it is all of him and none of us!

Active
  • We all have trials and tribulations everyday...this has nothing to do with or the same as the "Great Tribulation".
  • I trust and believe in his word, I just don't believe the same as you do.
  • There are no easy rides in this life and, believing that Jesus will gather his church prior to the "Great Tribulation" is a matter of scripture and opinion and nothing to do with looking for an easy ride.
  • Nor am I ashamed of the gospel.....If I don't agree with you then I am ashamed of the gospel??
  • Also, all the glory goes to God, it is all of him and none of us!
Brother, Maybe it isn't that you believe the same as I do, but maybe I am more advanced in an area then you, and maybe other areas you are more advanced then me.
May God have mercy on us all.