• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Believe God Became a Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe God Became a Man?

Do you believe God Became a Man?

An Old Testament Prophet Predicted A God-Man

What we do know is that in the seventh century BC, the prophet Isaiah made predictions about a Servant of the Lord who would rule the earth in the last days. He described a day in which all of the earth would be at peace and all the nations would go up to Jerusalem to worship God (Isaiah 2). Isaiah announced, "Unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (9:6). Isaiah also gave a mysterious prophecy that was only partially fulfilled in his lifetime. It began, "The Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel" (7:14). Immanuel means "God with us."

A Virgin Conceived

If Mary was telling the truth, her baby had no human father. She claimed an angel appeared to her and told her she would conceive a son by God's Spirit. Then he said that this child, whom she was to name Jesus, would be the Son of God. If Mary was lying, the night of Jesus' birth was not holy, and the only thing that was silent was the truth. But how can we know? How can we take seriously the kind of story that usually deserves laughs of disbelief? The answer is in what followed. If there were no witnesses and no evidence, we could ignore Mary's claims. If her son's life was the same as any other life, her claim of a virgin birth would be the easiest of all stories to dismiss.

Angels Announced The Birth

In the shepherds' fields outside of Bethlehem, a group of witnesses formed a bridge between Isaiah and Mary. According to New Testament records (Luke 2:8-14), terrified Jewish shepherds were visited by an angel who announced the birth of Israel's long-awaited Messiah. The angel said, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger" (vv.10-12). As the shepherds told it, the sky was filled with angels praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men in whom He is well pleased" (v.14).

A Sign Appeared In The Sky

According to the New Testament, a light in the sky gave additional credibility to Mary. A group of Magi from the East followed a "starlike sign" to the Jewish town of Bethlehem. What they found was a child they believed to be the long-awaited Jewish Messiah. For hundreds of years Old Testament prophets had been speaking of "a Star" and "a Scepter" that would come out of Israel (Numbers 24:17). The Old Testament also predicted a ruler of Israel who would come out of Bethlehem, a ruler "whose goings forth are from old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

The Time Was Right

Many believe that the Magi who worshiped Jesus after His birth came from the region of Babylon. If so, they could have had access to the prophecy of a Jewish prophet named Daniel. While in exile in Babylon 400 years earlier, Daniel had a vision that allows for the calculation of the arrival of the Jewish Messiah. According to Daniel's vision, from the command to rebuild the temple (458 BC or 444 BC), 69 "sevens" would be followed by the arrival and death of Messiah (Daniel 7:13-14; 9:24-27). Some believe this prophecy predicted the exact number of days until Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem. (For more details see RBC publication The Daniel Papers).

Jesus Claimed To Be Equal With God

Some have suggested that Jesus never claimed for Himself what His followers claimed for Him. Yet the commotion that surrounded His life can be best explained by His repeated claim to be one with God. John, one of the Gospel writers, quoted Jesus as saying, "Before Abraham was, I AM" (8:58). (In Exodus 3:14, the name I AM was used by God to identify Himself to Moses.) John also quoted Jesus as saying, "I and My Father are One" (10:30) and "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him" (14:7). According to the Gospels, Jesus said that to love or hate Him, or to receive or reject Him, was to love or hate, receive or reject His Father in heaven.

His Friends Worshipped Him

When Thomas, one of Jesus' disciples, saw the resurrected Christ, he declared, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28). Years later, Jesus' close friend and follower John wrote, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. . . . And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:1-3,14). Another friend, Peter, in one of his letters to the early church, addressed his readers as "those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1).

Jesus' Enemies Accused Him Of Blasphemy

Jesus' friends may have wanted to believe He was more than a man, but His enemies did not. The religious leaders of Israel were outraged to think that the same man who accused them of being hypocritical, blind leaders of the blind, would also claim to forgive sins, would speak of God as His Father, and would even say that He was one with God. On more than one occasion the leaders of Israel picked up stones to kill Jesus, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God" (John 10:33).

Jesus' Miracles Supported His Claims

Jesus' miracles recorded in the New Testament were more than wonders. They were signs. He did them to encourage men and women to believe in Him for everlasting life. He healed a crippled man to affirm His right to forgive sins. He fed thousands of people with a little boy's lunch, setting the stage for His claim to be the "bread of life." He walked on water, stilled angry seas, healed the sick, restored paralyzed limbs, gave sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf, and even raised from the dead an embalmed man by the name of Lazarus. One reason Jesus performed miracles was to support His claim to be God. The apostle John wrote, "Truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:30-31).

His Departure Was Greater Than His Arrival

Many people down through history have claimed to be gods. Yet only one man has been willing to die for the sins of others. Only one has risen from the dead to prove that He is the Son of God. According to the New Testament, after Jesus voluntarily gave His life on an executioner's cross, He appeared to His closest disciples and more than 500 other followers for a period of 40 days (1 Corinthians 15:5-8). The eyewitnesses were so convinced of His resurrection that they were willing to suffer and die for their claims. His disciples said that He showed them His scarred hands and feet, walked and talked with them, and even ate with them. Then while they met with Him on the Mount of Olives, He gave them His last words and ascended into the clouds. With a departure more spectacular than His arrival, Jesus left us with a better understanding of the announcement of the angel who said, "There is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11).

In the Love:love: of Christ.:boy_hug:

Last edited:
A beautiful post Yeshua full of truth. May The Spirit keep on guiding you. :thumbs_up

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Thank You! jesusisthegod, I appreciate your thoughts.

:love: Thank You! jesusisthegod, I appreciate your thoughts. :thumbs_up

jesusisthegod said:
an excellent summary

Jesus is The LORD God of creation!

Jesus is God in the flesh...
God in skin...
God Killable!

Thus Jesus was God my sacrificial lamb...
God my Blood redeemer...
God my salvation... Yeshua!

That’s right
God didn't just send his boy to do His hard work!
God was faithful, He did it all himself!
God himself stepped out of Heaven, put on humanity, and paid for my sins!

Mine!

I killed God with my wickedness!
It was me. not the Jews, ME!
My fault! my sin!

But God thumbed his nose at death and rose again!
So I could do the same!

That’s right, God alone, became Jesus and has forgiven me!
Because of HIS love for me when I knew nothing of LOVE!

Praise God my Savior who is named Jesus Christ the Messiah come in the Flesh.
My redeemer!
My King!
And most of all MY FRIEND! :love:

Isaiah 43:10-11
10 "You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God (YHWH) was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

WOOO HOOOO!

Last edited:
True, true, God nailed OUR SIN to the Cross upon the sinless one, to die in our place, he who knew no sin, he paid a debt he didn't owe, we owe a debt we cannot pay.
God had to turn away when Jesus was on the Cross, when He cried out 'why hast thou forsaken thou me?' because God cannot look upon sin. How sad is that? Our dear Lord was unable to be looked upon by God all because of us.
Amen

Last edited:
Thats nice of you to post scriptures from the holy bible, but none of the scriptures says anything about how "GOD left his throne and changed into a man"

The scriptures makes it clear that Jesus was sent from GOD, thus making Jesus the son and the father still in the throne of heaven. To be sent you was order from someone else , other then yourself.

Along those same lines where it mentions "I and the father are one" , it also mentions how Jesus christ was praying:

Praying, not to himself, but to his father

For his disciples to become one, Just as the father and i are on. The disciples aint the same, but the same as one flesh, or in spirit.

The Messiah is not GOD, he is the Son of GOD, as the scriptures Makes real clear.

Only one has risen from the dead to prove that He is the Son of God

"This is also more proof, you also mention this. GOD is the one who rise up christ, and like it mentions, he is the son of GOD, not GOD."

You also said this:

-His friends worship him-

They said, my lord, my GOD, they bow down to Jesus, *To the glory of GOD the Father*. They wasnt actually bowing to Jesus, but bowing to Jesus to GOD, because we cant know GOD, unless we know Jesus. Jesus makes it clear once more, that we must only worship GOD, not Jesus, not the disciples, not mary, not satan, but GOD, and GOD only.

From my understanding of the Bible, it seems like GOD and Jesus is the same in spirit , in the heart, just like the *Disciples are one, just like how GOD and Jesus are one, kinda like a football team, working together.

John at the end of his words, says and makes clear that, We must all come to an understanding that GOD sent Jesus onto the Earth, and Jesus is the Christ, Jesus is the Son of GOD, not GOD.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Jesus is GOD the Son / aka Son of GOD. He was GOD in flesh/man also. Jesus clearly said it Himself:

John 10:38
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

John 8:20
“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” He spoke these words while teaching in the temple area near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his time had not yet come.

Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Luke 23:46
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Chad said:
Jesus is GOD the Son / aka Son of GOD. He was GOD in flesh/man also. Jesus clearly said it Himself:

Actually the correct term is: The Son of GOD. No where in the bible(from the KJV, and other bibles as well) mentions anything about how Jesus is GOD the Son, it only mentions: The Son of GOD, even John himself makes this clear enough for people to understand that, Jesus Was Sent from GOD, We all must come to an understanding that Jesus is the Son of GOD.

John 10:38
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

* The Father is in him, and? All believers of the bible has the holy ghost in them, same thing. And that last part, And I in the father and? Jesus said the same thing about the disciples, how they are one just as the father and i are one, and they in me, and i in them. I love the way Jesus talks, by reading more into those lines you can see that the disciples is in Jesus too, and they are also one. Its a strange way of talking, but i can clearly understand it *

John 8:20
“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” He spoke these words while teaching in the temple area near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his time had not yet come.

* Ok, what does this have to do with anything? There is no mention or hint about Jesus is GOD by reading that. Its showing again that nobody can understand GOD , if you dont understand The Messiah *

Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

*Jesus is just telling him and and his father are close, again, no direct mention of Jesus as GOD*

Luke 23:46
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.[/QUOTE]

Once again, Jesus is yelling out to who? Not to himself , that would be silly, but to his Father, which makes Jesus and GOD separate, but close.

I dont know everything from the bible, and neither do the next man, but i know and understand this madness about Jesus being GOD, because he is not, We all must come to an understanding that Jesus was sent from GOD, and Jesus is the Son of GOD

Funny thing, it dont mention anything about Jesus is GOD. You can believe what you want tho, peace:thumbs_up

Thanks for your thoughts.

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Zechariah12:1

Jesus saith unto him, have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1John 1:1

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 28:29

Jesus didn't rebuke, doubting Thomas, for calling him Lord or God. It is written: The Lord is one LORD and that there is no other God besides the ONE and only True God.

That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and that there is none else. 1 Kings 8:60

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. Isaiah 44:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8

Who is our rock of Salvation? Believer.

In the :love: of Christ Jesus the Son of God,
Yeshua :boy_hug:

Last edited:
Thank You! Adstar confirmation of God's Truth as a witness to it is pleasing to him.

Thank You! Adstar confirmation of God's Truth as a witness to it is pleasing to him.

In the :love: of Christ Jesus our LORD. Amen

Adstar said:
A beautiful post Yeshua full of truth. May The Spirit keep on guiding you. :thumbs_up

All Praise The Ancient of Days

You go Bro!

wooo hooo!

What kind of Christian denies that "Jesus is LORD"? (YHWH)
"God made flesh?"
"God amoung us!"

Yeshua said:
In the :love: of Christ Jesus the Son of God,

Oh boy, thanks for proving me wrong, you just said that Jesus is the son of GOD. Thanks again, i was right all along. Why didnt you say:

In the :love: of Christ Jesus Whom is GOD.

But you didnt, you said Jesus The Son of GOD. And like always, people post scriptures , but fail to break each scripture down.

Next.......

The next thing you must do Legedary is to be going to a Bible believing Church and be under the teaching of a Pastor. We cannot keep spoon feeding you along here, there is a time when you must take responsibilitly and start eating meat as it were, not just drinking milk. You obviously do not understand and that is okay and that is why I encourage you to be part of a Church body, to be under the teaching of a learned Pastor.

Why do you make quick judgements on someone being wrong, its possible i could be right and you could be wrong, did you ever think about that?

Also bare in mind, that a church is not a buliding, its a group of believers. I make a choice not to enter into the walls of men, but make a choice to keep learning and studying the holy bible with my wife behind close doors in our home, and sometimes we may gather outside with other believers and read the bible outside under a tree.

To gain understanding of the bible, or scriptures you must read more then one line, you cant just read one line and be like " Oh goodie, Jesus is GOD". Even John himself said, that we must all come to an understanding that Jesus was sent from GOD.

To be sent, you was order from someone else, other then yourself

How hard is that to understand that Jesus was sent to this earth By GOD, whom we callest the father who made heaven and Earth.

I made a statement of fact, the Bible is clear, your understanding is not.
A building is a building, you live in a house made by man so what is the difference? A Church is also a building allowing believers to gather together to meet in, what are you afraid of? Do you not enter into the walls of men when you go out for dinner, into someone's home? To your job? Your point is completely invalid.
Again my point, you need to be under the teachings of a learned Pastor.
One more time of spoon feeding but my last.

by Sam Shamoun

Question:

How can Jesus be God when he denies being absolutely good, and says that only God is good (cf. Mark 10:18)?

Answer:

The passage, in context, actually says:

"As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, ‘Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.’" Mark 10:17-18

By wrenching such statements out of their immediate and overall contexts, the impression is given that the Lord Jesus is actually denying he is God since he denies that he is good in the sense that God is good. The questioner's logic goes something like this:

God alone is (absolutely) good.
Jesus is not (absolutely) good.
Therefore, Jesus is not God.
This misleading selectivity leads the questioner to erroneously conclude that Jesus was denying his essential goodness. He/she automatically assumes that Jesus is denying his absolute purity without taking into consideration the overall context of Mark, as well as the entire NT, to see if this is indeed what Christ was trying to convey.

In other words, in order to truly understand what Jesus meant we need to interpret his words in the overall Christological picture of the Gospel writers, specifically in light of Mark's Christology. Once this is done it will become quite apparent that the last thing Mark (as well as the other writers) was trying to do was cast doubt on Jesus' absolute sinlessness and Deity. Here are some citations from Mark which helps put things in proper perspective:

"In those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him; and a voice came out of the heavens: 'You are My beloved Son, in You I AM WELL-PLEASED.'" Mark 1:9-11

"Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, ‘What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are - the Holy One of God!’ ‘Be quiet!’ said Jesus sternly. ‘Come out of him!’ The evil spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek. The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, What is this? A new teaching - and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him." Mark 1:23-27

"After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, ‘Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters - one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.’ (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.) Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: ‘This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!’" Mark 9:2-7

"He had one more to send, a beloved son; he sent him last of all to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But those vine-growers said to one another, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours!'" Mark 12:6-7

Jesus is God's beloved Son, his Holy One and Heir, with whom God is pleased. For God to say that he is well pleased with the Lord Jesus, and for him to be called God's Holy One, implies that Christ is absolutely good and morally pure.

"... And they came, bringing to Him a paralytic, carried by four men ... And Jesus seeing their faith said to the paralytic, ‘My son, your sins are forgiven.’ But there were some of the scribes sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, ‘Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?’ And immediately Jesus, aware in His spirit that they were reasoning that way within themselves, said to them, ‘Why are you reasoning about these things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, "Your sins are forgiven"; or to say, "Arise take up your pallet and walk"? But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins’ - He said to the paralytic - ‘I say to you, rise, take up your pallet and go home.’ And he rose and immediately took up the pallet and went out in the sight of all; so that they were all amazed and were glorifying God, saying, ‘We have never seen anything like this.’" Mark 2:3, 5-12

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

"And He said to them, ‘This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.’" Mark 14:24

Christ can forgive sins on the basis of his having the divine authority to do so, and as a result of his forfeiting his own life as a ransom for others. Again, the only way Christ can forgive sins and die as a ransom is if he were sinless. Otherwise, he would need to be forgiven of his own sins and would be in need of a ransom.

"Consequently, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath." Mark 2:28

God alone is sovereign over his own Sabbath:

"For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings." Leviticus 23:3

The only way that Christ could be Lord over the Sabbath is if he is God, and yet to be God is to be absolutely good.

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

"And Jesus began to say, as He taught in the temple, 'How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David? David himself said in the Holy Spirit, "THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, 'SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET.'" David himself calls Him 'Lord'; so in what sense is He his son?' And the large crowd enjoyed listening to Him." Mark 12:35-37

"Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN CLOUDS with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together HIS ELECT from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven." Mark 13:26-27

"But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, 'Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?' And Jesus said, 'I AM; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN.'" Mark 14:61-62

Christ is identifying himself as the Son of Man whom the prophet Daniel saw in a vision, the very One who reigns forever and whom all must serve:

"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed." Daniel 7:13-14

Thus, Jesus is the Son of Man who sits enthroned forever at God's right hand as Lord over all the angels and the entire creation!

These are just some of the many passages from Mark that establish the absolute purity and sinlessness of the Lord Jesus. Here are several from John's Gospel:

"Simon Peter answered him, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.’" John 6:68-69

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him." John 7:18

"The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him ... Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?" John 8:29, 46

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep ... I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me." John 10:11, 14

To summarize the preceding data, we learned that:

Jesus is God's Holy One.
Jesus is God's beloved Son.
Jesus is the Heir.
Jesus is the Forgiver of sinners.
Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Jesus is David's Lord.
Jesus is the Lord of the angels, of demons, and of the elect.
Jesus is the the divine Son of Man who comes on the clouds to reign forever.
In light of the foregoing, we can now exegete the passage to see what the Lord Jesus actually meant to say to the rich man. In the first place, Jesus didn't say "I am not good, only God is good", but simply poses a question to the man to think more deeply about the implications of his words. The implication being that if Jesus is good, and only God is good, then Jesus is God. Again, note the logic behind this:

God alone is (absolutely) good.
Jesus is (absolutely) good.
Therefore, Jesus is God.
If the man truly believed this then he must be willing to abandon everything for Christ. This is precisely what Jesus demanded:

"And looking at him, Jesus felt love for him, and said to him, ‘One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, FOLLOW ME.’" Mark 10:21

Jesus demands a devotion that is to be given solely to God. This is clearly seen in light of the fact that Jesus' demand was made right after the man had indicated his observance to the last six commands of the Ten Commandments. These commands were given to govern a person's relationship with others. The first four commandments govern a person's devotion to God. The man's trouble was that he loved money more than God, and hence his money became an idol. He had to be willing to die to his idolatry by giving it up in order to devote himself completely to the pure worship of God. Yet, amazingly, Jesus never asked the man to follow the first four commandments, or to follow God completely, but directed the man to follow him. The reason being is that to wholeheartedly follow the Lord Jesus is to fulfill one's obligation to God. Thus, Jesus was implicitly claiming to be God since he was basically saying that to follow him is to follow God, to obey him is to obey God, to love him is to love God. Therefore Jesus is God!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Amen mymakersdaughter. Some people believe THEIR version of the BIble and therefore will not inherit the kingdom GOD has provided for us.

The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him

" I dont even have to quote word for word from the bible, i just do a quick copy and paste taken from what you posted, and again that one line says clearly that Someone sent Jesus to this earth.

Why is it so hard for you to understand this?:confused: SO in other words, Jesus is pleasing himself right? I Guess Jesus made heaven and earth too right, not to mention rise himself up from the dead, or better yet pray to himself?

I never knew a GOD can pray.

YOu know how stupid that sounds haha. You can quote words from the bible all you want, thats what alot of people do, but do you really understand them?

I really do not understand why so many people say Jesus is GOD, when he never actually confess to this. No where in the whole bible does it say that Jesus is GOD, it only mentions that Jesus is the son of GOD, whom was sent from GOD.

If Jesus would of actually just confess that he was GOD, i would believe that, but he didnt and i dont try to read more into stuff. If the scriptures say he is the son of GOD, so be it and thats that.

peace and good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.