• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Attack from the enemy or Punishment from God?

How does one know if they are being punished by God, or... if it is an attack from the enemy?
I've never experienced so much all at once going on and I'm in a very vulnerable place, I cry out to God and I'm not sure if abba is hearing me. I really need brothers and sisters who've been through tough ordeals to offer some spirit-led wisdom.

Loyal
Well -- wisdom does come from God.

Are you a born-again believer? Get your relationship to God through Jesus Christ straight 1st. Talk to God -- confess sinfulness in your life - ask forgiveness. Maybe just taking time to relax -- take some deep breathes.

Be reading in Psalms 62 and 46:10. Proverbs 3:5-6. Ephesians 6 talks about the full armor of God. vs 11 , 12, to end of chapter.

Your bio info says your from Sweden. I'm half Swedish. What's going on in your life? How old are you.

Loyal
Well if God is punishing you, you should know why, because God does not punish His child and the child do not not know why. God punish His child for their good like a parent. If not , you are being tested. So you can grow in trusting God, which is growing in faith. So read your Bible , do not look for scripture formulas or quick fix prescriptions in the Bible. Pickup and read books of the bible.
If sin is in your life “Repent”
And ask for forgiveness:

5and ye have forgotten the exhortation which reasoneth with you as with sons, My son, regard not lightly the chastening of the Lord, Nor faint when thou art reproved of him;

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7It is for chastening that ye endure; God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father chasteneth not? 8But if ye are without chastening, whereof all have been made partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9Furthermore, we had the fathers of our flesh to chasten us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed good to them; but he for our profit, that we may be partakers of his holiness. 11All chastening seemeth for the present to be not joyous but grievous; yet afterward it yieldeth peaceable fruit unto them that have been exercised thereby, even the fruit of righteousness❤️

Loyal
Sorry to hear you are going through tough times.

Paul says in Romans 5

...suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

Over the past three years I've been in a very difficult set of circumstances, leaving me - at different times - hurt, frightened, bewildered, angry, humiliated, lonely.

I have no idea if it was God disciplining me, an attack of the evil one, or human circumstance. But I've learned that with all the nice things about my life and faith stripped away I have remained faithful to Jesus, and somehow God has carried me through.

Keep reliant on God. He is faithful. Times of trial are an opportunity for us to see clearly what is most important to us. The end result is growing hope.

Praying for you too

Active
How does one know if they are being punished by God, or... if it is an attack from the enemy?
I've never experienced so much all at once going on and I'm in a very vulnerable place, I cry out to God and I'm not sure if abba is hearing me. I really need brothers and sisters who've been through tough ordeals to offer some spirit-led wisdom.

You need to self examine yourself 1 Cor 11:31. If you are not in sin unrepentant, it is God trying you.

If we look at scripture we see that those closest to God are tried the most. God is more concerned with the crown you wear for eternity over a rosy life you could live on earth.

We need to stay in prayer through hardships and be close to His peace that surpasses all understanding Phil 4:7. We can be in hell but yet still be at peace.

Active
We also need to try and understand why God puts those He loves through hardships. God wants real love. He has created all He has with us for this purpose. God ''WANTS'' to see a person choose the right path over the easy way out. God wants to see genuine righteousness, genuine love. We show this when we get on our knees and can truly say ''Lord, your will be done and not mine.''.

It may seem cruel from God, but tests are a sign to us, Him and all saints and angels in heaven that we mean business with God. We are not in a casual relationship. We are committed despite the cost.

Imagine walking into heaven with the crown you have already received. Endured X and Y for God and yet remained faithful to Him and to doing what is good and right.

Then, imagine not.

We are not punished by God. He died for all our sins past, present, and future. When He sees us He sees the blood of His son if we have accepted Jesus into our hearts. It is by grace we are saved and not by works lest any of us boast. John 19:28 Jesus said "It is finished." Which means He has forgave you of all sins past, present, future. Forgiveness is not a progressive thing it's already been accmplished on the cross. We ask forgiveness to right with God to get back into the relationship with him as a father/son would do if they had an argument. Our debt has already been paid in full through the shedding of his blood. There is no punishment for those that love Jesus. I believe we are disciplined, but not punished. God can do no evil. He allows certain things because we all have free will and he will not do anything to interfere with that, but He is also in control of everything that occurs nothing happens He does not see, even when a sparrow falls from a tree. A lot of illnesses etc. are the cause of the fall of Adam and Eve and the evil that is allowed in this world, but it will not last forever. Sickeness and poverty etc. are a direct cause of evil. It's confusing, but we accept it because it will drive you crazy if you don't trying to understand. :) blessings

We are not punished by God. He died for all our sins past, present, and future. When He sees us He sees the blood of His son if we have accepted Jesus into our hearts. It is by grace we are saved and not by works lest any of us boast. John 19:28 Jesus said "It is finished." Which means He has forgave you of all sins past, present, future. Forgiveness is not a progressive thing it's already been accmplished on the cross. We ask forgiveness to right with God to get back into the relationship with him as a father/son would do if they had an argument. Our debt has already been paid in full through the shedding of his blood. There is no punishment for those that love Jesus. I believe we are disciplined, but not punished. God can do no evil. He allows certain things because we all have free will and he will not do anything to interfere with that, but He is also in control of everything that occurs nothing happens He does not see, even when a sparrow falls from a tree. A lot of illnesses etc. are the cause of the fall of Adam and Eve and the evil that is allowed in this world, but it will not last forever. Sickeness and poverty etc. are a direct cause of evil. It's confusing, but we accept it because it will drive you crazy if you don't trying to understand. :) blessings

He counts our tears and He hears and knows everything. His thoughts are higher than ours His timing is perfect what we want NOW He says wait...

Loyal
(Hebrews 12)
“My son, do not think lightly of the Lord’sd discipline
or give up when you are corrected by him.
6For the Lorde disciplines the one he loves,
and he punishesf every son he accepts.”g
“God punishes every child of HIS” for our “sanctification “ our correction. The Bible teaches this from “Genesis through Revelation”. Now that what is Called “Divine Agape”! The worlds “love is so different from God’s love, it is like “night and day” it is that much apart. We must never get the two confuse!❤️ Those who are not His Children, He never punish them, HE condemns them!

Last edited:
Loyal
You need to self examine yourself 1 Cor 11:31. If you are not in sin unrepentant, it is God trying you.

If we look at scripture we see that those closest to God are tried the most. God is more concerned with the crown you wear for eternity over a rosy life you could live on earth.

We need to stay in prayer through hardships and be close to His peace that surpasses all understanding Phil 4:7. We can be in hell but yet still be at peace.

Not so sure I'd agree with your comment about 'God is more concerned with the crown 'you' wear for eternity' Because 'we' Will be laying those crowns at the feet of Jesus.
And God Does want our obedience out of our love for Him. It's Not a works-based 'thing'.

A born-again believer Can live a wonderful life here on earth -- that person Can have money and use it For Godliness.

And your comment about 'hell' -- assuming you are referring to really horrible conditions 'here' and being at peace But Not in literal hell and be at peace.

Loyal
2Co 7:10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Godly grief leads a person to "repentance" that brings salvation. Salvation from what? More grief! Worldly "grief" just produces more grief.

If you are experiencing constant grief then it is the world along with its wicked forces trying to bring death. Stand against it (resist it) in the name of Jesus Christ!

Active
Not so sure I'd agree with your comment about 'God is more concerned with the crown 'you' wear for eternity' Because 'we' Will be laying those crowns at the feet of Jesus.
And God Does want our obedience out of our love for Him. It's Not a works-based 'thing'.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NKJV)
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.

There is a lot more scripture on crowns. We had two threads on this a short while back. You can do a search.

Loyal
Yes, there are five crowns available. Depending on how a believer / born-again believer/ Does run the race of life , absolutely.

But it's also Not a 'crowns' based salvation.

Looking at Revelation 4:10 -- the 24 elders -- casting their crowns before the throne vs 11 Your are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they e exist and were created."

Active
Yes, there are five crowns available. Depending on how a believer / born-again believer/ Does run the race of life , absolutely.

But it's also Not a 'crowns' based salvation.

Looking at Revelation 4:10 -- the 24 elders -- casting their crowns before the throne vs 11 Your are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they e exist and were created."
Sue, where do you get ''crown based salvation''.

Please take the time to properly read posts before replying. You are coming off as a troll.

Loyal
KingJ -- look back at post #13. what you said that God is more concerned about -- Almost sounds like a good works / crowns' based salvation. Just sayin.