• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

INGREDIENTS
  1. 3 tablespoons canola oil
  2. 2 pounds chicken legs or thighs
  3. Kosher salt
  4. Feshly ground pepper
  5. 1 small white onion, diced
  6. 1/4 cup sliced green olives
  7. 2 tablespoons capers
  8. 12 ounces tomato sauce
  9. 1/2 cup Puerto Rican Sofrito
  10. 2 cups uncooked rice
  11. 4 cups water
  1. In a Dutch oven or large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, and cook until all sides are brown, approximately 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside, reducing the heat on the skillet to moderate.
  2. Add the onion and sweat for three minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the olives, capers, tomato sauce and sofrito and cook for five minutes. Add the rice, browned chicken and water and bring to a gentle boil over moderately high heat. Cook, uncovered, until the water is mostly absorbed, about 25 minutes. Gently stir the rice, cover and cook over low heat for another 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.

I had a dish with this name in a restaurant in california, it was a little different, but it was really good! Thanks for the recipe

Staff Member
Got me hungry brother!!!!
I'm going to have to add my wife's version of Arroz con Pollo!
It was that specific meal that led her to believe that I actually do eat food! :)
She'd never seen me eat Island Food before. Seeing me only eat what I would call American Food or Italian Food until we were invited over to a couple who were from Puerto Rico. Two really full plates later her cooking has never been the same!!! I thank the Lord daily for her culinary skills :laugh:
I guess I'll add a receipt for Pernil that you can try! Hummmmmmmmmmmm She doesn't cook that one....I do!!!!!
Thanks for sharing brother.