• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are you scared of God?

Loyal
Rhema and Bill, Jerking single verses out of their context to prove a point is and, always has been the root of evil and all heresy. And then this paragraph;
Paul's Ministry to the Church
24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, 26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. 29 For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.
is a continuing greeting from Brother Paul and he speaks of his personal burden.

Every one of us that seek to follow Christ are given duty to perform, many different from others. Some are feet and some are hands but none lack importance. All I do is follow Yashua and keep His Commands, as closely as I can.
I am reading your words and the quote from Paul, and i dont see the correlation that you're trying to make about Rhema and myself using single versus to explain something.

The verse that I quoted from scripture is well-known where Jesus tells us to "pick up the cross and follow him."

I am well aware of the fact that many teach the cross is being the burden of the day and so on to follow Jesus, and often it stops right there.

But I believe it only stops because it's where many who strive to have an understanding of it stops.

But just because many think the same as for the interpretation of that does not mean that the end of it is just picking up your own burdens. If we were truly to follow in the footsteps of Christ then we would also be taking on the sin of the world. And to share in the suffering of Christ on the cross.

This concept is somewhat foreign to the Protestant churches. And yet it speaks volumes when it comes to following Jesus completely.

Loyal
¿And you have the power to forgive sins? Heresy!
I do have the power as Christ gives it to us. As the children of the most high we have been given many blessings.

And if we call ourselves the brothers and sisters of Christ and if we are to follow Christ and he shares with us the Holy Spirit who becomes one with us in our hearts then we to are given the grace to forgive sins.

I would never claim to be God as I am not God. But what I can claim is that God lives in me and I live in him

Active
I am reading your words and the quote from Paul, and i dont see the correlation that you're trying to make about Rhema and myself using single versus to explain something.

The verse that I quoted from scripture is well-known where Jesus tells us to "pick up the cross and follow him."

I am well aware of the fact that many teach the cross is being the burden of the day and so on to follow Jesus, and often it stops right there.

But I believe it only stops because it's where many who strive to have an understanding of it stops.

But just because many think the same as for the interpretation of that does not mean that the end of it is just picking up your own burdens. If we were truly to follow in the footsteps of Christ then we would also be taking on the sin of the world. And to share in the suffering of Christ on the cross.

This concept is somewhat foreign to the Protestant churches. And yet it speaks volumes when it comes to following Jesus completely.
This, from FB, 9/21/'16 should help to understand my position on "all" of Scripture.
This entire issue is the product of improperly addressing the scriptures, always has been. The Iron Clad rule of thumb, "No scripture, collection of scriptures, nor any passage of scripture can ever be understood without the light of all scripture shining on it."
And it is so helpful if we understand that in the writing of scripture, God used about forty men to transcribe His Word. Those men did not author the writings, they recorded what God told them to write. For that reason, the Bible is of one context from "In the beginning..." through the very last word of Revelation 22.
Now, in Matt. 19:26 and 12 related verses we learn that our god, God, is The Omnipotent God. That means there is no limit to the power of God in any respect. So it is that I have always taught that God just is! God is here, right now as you read this, God is in the past and God is in the Future, right now!
The Bible teaches us He knows the beginning from the end (Isa. 46:10) and the Bible teaches us that man is created with a free will, much like the God we are the image of. (Duet, 30:19,20)
There can be no conflict of scripture, therefore, these two must be reconciled any time the questions about Predestination arise. We must go to the scriptures to define what God is speaking to when He has it recorded that before the World was, he had written the Book of Life, thus predestining some to life and leaving the rest to death, eternal, never ending, death.
God is not capricious, as we are, creating some to Eternal Life and the rest to Eternal Death, He is a loving God and loves all He creates. (Rom. 5:8, John 3:16) God will still love those He sits in Judgement over and condemns because they chose not to believe.
If we study diligently, there is no contest to win.

Now, can the two of you cease trying to win a contest that is not?

Active
I do have the power as Christ gives it to us. As the children of the most high we have been given many blessings.

And if we call ourselves the brothers and sisters of Christ and if we are to follow Christ and he shares with us the Holy Spirit who becomes one with us in our hearts then we to are given the grace to forgive sins.

I would never claim to be God as I am not God. But what I can claim is that God lives in me and I live in him
Bill, neither you, I, nor Rhema have the power to forgive Mortal Sin. Neither do we, nor any others on any WWW Forum nor does any Pastor of any Church have the control over sin to forgive sin nor sins against YHWH, YASHUA ha'Mashiah and Ruach ha,Qudesh. Once more, please undertake a personal study of the Scriptures, led by Ruach, to know Our Master on the personal level and please give this heresy a "forever" rest. You have not the power to forgive the sins not committed against you.

Loyal
This, from FB, 9/21/'16 should help to understand my position on "all" of Scripture.
This entire issue is the product of improperly addressing the scriptures, always has been. The Iron Clad rule of thumb, "No scripture, collection of scriptures, nor any passage of scripture can ever be understood without the light of all scripture shining on it."
And it is so helpful if we understand that in the writing of scripture, God used about forty men to transcribe His Word. Those men did not author the writings, they recorded what God told them to write. For that reason, the Bible is of one context from "In the beginning..." through the very last word of Revelation 22.
Now, in Matt. 19:26 and 12 related verses we learn that our god, God, is The Omnipotent God. That means there is no limit to the power of God in any respect. So it is that I have always taught that God just is! God is here, right now as you read this, God is in the past and God is in the Future, right now!
The Bible teaches us He knows the beginning from the end (Isa. 46:10) and the Bible teaches us that man is created with a free will, much like the God we are the image of. (Duet, 30:19,20)
There can be no conflict of scripture, therefore, these two must be reconciled any time the questions about Predestination arise. We must go to the scriptures to define what God is speaking to when He has it recorded that before the World was, he had written the Book of Life, thus predestining some to life and leaving the rest to death, eternal, never ending, death.
God is not capricious, as we are, creating some to Eternal Life and the rest to Eternal Death, He is a loving God and loves all He creates. (Rom. 5:8, John 3:16) God will still love those He sits in Judgement over and condemns because they chose not to believe.
If we study diligently, there is no contest to win.

Now, can the two of you cease trying to win a contest that is not?
I agreed with you till you wrote the line after " he had written The Book of Life"

What is missing is that you're trying to assume that man is thinking on the same level that God is.

The error that comes in with that is our concept of predestination. Where God knows all and that is true. However to us it is free will.

This has to do with the fact that we are finite beings and that God is eternal. Finite in the sense that we have a beginning, and are created. Where God is Not. It's something that is really difficult to explain at least from my level so I kind of throw that in the boat with the grace of God because it is beyond my understanding.

I do know, for a fact that God cherishes all mankind all of God's created children are precious to him.

And he Weeps for those who are lost. Those who are lost we're never meant to be lost from the beginning of their creation.

So just be careful when you condemn so many with a brush stroke by saying that they are already condemned just because they do not know Jesus.

You should be living your life with compassion always, and striving to find love for all. And if you are not then you yourself are in danger.

Loyal
Bill, neither you, I, nor Rhema have the power to forgive Mortal Sin. Neither do we, nor any others on any WWW Forum nor does any Pastor of any Church have the control over sin to forgive sin nor sins against YHWH, YASHUA ha'Mashiah and Ruach ha,Qudesh. Once more, please undertake a personal study of the Scriptures, led by Ruach, to know Our Master on the personal level and please give this heresy a "forever" rest. You have not the power to forgive the sins not committed against you.
That is only because you do not comprehend what you are as a child of the most high. It seems more to your liking to find fault with those that do not agree with you as in the Vietnamese who you felt needed to be exterminated.

The problem is that they are also the created children of the most high

Active
And then this paragraph;
is a continuing greeting from Brother Paul and he speaks of his personal burden.
... is a personal interpretation of yours.

You really like accusing people of heresy and being the root of evil.

( I heard there was another who liked accusing the brethren too.)

Rhema

- Good luck with that.

Active
¿And you have the power to forgive sins? Heresy!
Surely you must be joking.

Of course we have the power to forgive sins. Even Jesus said so -

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.​
(Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)​

Rhema

And since I expect you to be miffed -

Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.​
(John 20:23 KJV)​

But according to your faith, so be it. (No?)

Last edited:
Active

And yet....

Just what would the common folk understand Jesus to mean when He said to them "take up your cross" when the "Cross" hadn't happened ? Was Jesus so cruel as to be cryptic ? I have trouble with that.

So... When Jesus told the people to take up their cross, they indeed knew what a cross was, and what the Romans used it for - to kill revolutionaries.

Is there a functional difference between "take up your cross" and "join the revolution" ? I don't think so. It would mean that any disciple should realize his life would be in danger. And when push came to shove, they all fled.

Rhema

If we were truly to follow in the footsteps of Christ then we would also be taking on the sin of the world. And to share in the suffering of Christ on the cross.
Perhaps one of these days we can talk in depth about what "taking on the sin of the world" might mean.

Active
The Iron Clad rule of thumb, "No scripture, collection of scriptures, nor any passage of scripture can ever be understood without the light of all scripture shining on it."
And just where in the Bible is this "Rule of the Iron Clad thumb" taught?

Rhema

Active
God is in the past and God is in the Future, right now!
(You make up a lot of stuff, there, @th1bill )
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

I don't even know where to begin.

Rhema

Active
There can be no conflict of scripture,
12059643253_5dca2027a1_o.gif

(Jeremiah 8:8 NRSV) How can you say, “We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us,” when, in fact, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie?​

Rhema

The conflicts in scripture is why God had to send prophets, and ultimately His Son.

Active
Bill, neither you, I, nor Rhema have the power to forgive Mortal Sin.
Is that like "Mortal Combat" or something?

I searched all over and couldn't find "Mortal Sin" in the Bible anywhere at all. (Sounds like something made up.)

Rhema

The true heresy of the faith isn't taking a verse "out of context" but rather changing the words, or not being mindful of what is accutally written.

Active
... is a personal interpretation of yours.

You really like accusing people of heresy and being the root of evil.

( I heard there was another who liked accusing the brethren too.)

Rhema

- Good luck with that.
Nowhere close to the truth. We are, however, called to the truth, from Genesis through The Revelation of Yashua. We are called to follow and not to pretend my death will forgive anyone. Therein lies heresy. And once more I ask both of you to undertake a personal, complete, Bible Study. The word of the one you call by the Greek Translation, Jesus, is continuous from Genesis 1 through the very last word of the 22nd chapter of The Revelation. (John 1:1-5)

Active
12059643253_5dca2027a1_o.gif

(Jeremiah 8:8 NRSV) How can you say, “We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us,” when, in fact, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie?​

Rhema

The conflicts in scripture is why God had to send prophets, and ultimately His Son.
Rhema, where the Rulers of Israel twisted the 10 Commandments, Yashua corrected causing the record to be corrected. YHWH has always shown His People, warts, sores, scabs, and all. The Book has no uncorrected error by people. I do believe, because of my years of study that if you are not indwelt by and of Ruach ha'Qudesh that one will see error where there is none.

Active
Rhema, Bill, I follow and teach Yashua ha'Mashiah. and Him crucified and you men have done your best to drag me into the mud with you. I am sorry to say I am not pleased to have studied with you but I wish to always study what is written and not the vain imaginings of other people. I wish you well and goodbye.

Jesus taught us, that when we pray, to address GOD as "Father." Those of us that have His Holy Spirit living within us, are being guided into the truth of our adoption into His family. His Holy Spirit compells us to address GOD as "Abba, Father." ( Romans 8:15 amd Galatians 4:6) The reverent "fear" that we have for our new Father is more of an "awe" than anything else. As we grow in Christ, there is a love that compells us to be so grateful in our belonging to Him that we dare not do anything disrespectful: that would be ingratitude. When I was a teenager, I was abandoned by my father. His father took me in and I got to see what it was like to be not just wanted but cherished and nurtured. He was the father of 13. And, before Granddad left us we were 5 generations. He was not a perfect man, but his love for the Lord was reflected daily in the things that he did and said. Granddad did not speak "Christianese" (i.e. peppering every sentence with "Praise the Lord"and "Glory to God!'") He worshipped the Lord on his instruments every morning and read his Bible verses and studied his Sunday School lessons. He was quick to pray for anyone that asked for it and anyone that asked for "a dollar" for food got it. There are tales of his courage that a common knowledge in our family archives. THAT has been my earthly example to how I approach my Loving, Faithful Father in Heaven. Fearing Him, not as "fire insurance" from Hell, but fearing not being able to enjoy being with HIm in His Kingdom of Love and Light.....like those, very much missed, simple times of just being able to enjoy being at the breakfast table with the greatest man that I could ever know....like that.

Loyal
Jesus taught us, that when we pray, to address GOD as "Father." Those of us that have His Holy Spirit living within us, are being guided into the truth of our adoption into His family. His Holy Spirit compells us to address GOD as "Abba, Father." ( Romans 8:15 amd Galatians 4:6) The reverent "fear" that we have for our new Father is more of an "awe" than anything else. As we grow in Christ, there is a love that compells us to be so grateful in our belonging to Him that we dare not do anything disrespectful: that would be ingratitude. When I was a teenager, I was abandoned by my father. His father took me in and I got to see what it was like to be not just wanted but cherished and nurtured. He was the father of 13. And, before Granddad left us we were 5 generations. He was not a perfect man, but his love for the Lord was reflected daily in the things that he did and said. Granddad did not speak "Christianese" (i.e. peppering every sentence with "Praise the Lord"and "Glory to God!'") He worshipped the Lord on his instruments every morning and read his Bible verses and studied his Sunday School lessons. He was quick to pray for anyone that asked for it and anyone that asked for "a dollar" for food got it. There are tales of his courage that a common knowledge in our family archives. THAT has been my earthly example to how I approach my Loving, Faithful Father in Heaven. Fearing Him, not as "fire insurance" from Hell, but fearing not being able to enjoy being with HIm in His Kingdom of Love and Light.....like those, very much missed, simple times of just being able to enjoy being at the breakfast table with the greatest man that I could ever know....like that.
This was an excellent read, thank you for sharing