• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are you scared of God?

I was browsing a forum I'm not yet a member of and found a very interesting discussion going on. I thought it would be a good topic to bring here.

Are you scared of God? Do you worship, believe, because you're afraid to go to Hell if you don't?

My answer is no to both questions. Add you own if you feel like it and we can see where this goes.
Sincere, respectful replies requested of Christian sisters and brothers here please. Thank you in advance. :)
Scripture says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom

Active
So it is that our Father in Heaven ... sent Yashua in the form of a man to pay the debt
Just curious...

Where did Jesus ever say that?

Thanks,
Rhema

Your false pride is eating you alive!
Ooooh... accusing the brethren... cool.

smiling-yellow-star-cartoon-emoji-face-character-wink-expression-giving-thumb-up-smiling-yellow-star-cartoon-emoji-face-93773223.jpg

Active
th1bill said:
So it is that our Father in Heaven ... sent Yashua in the form of a man to pay the debt
Just curious...

Thanks,
Rhema

Not very articulate of you! I never implied He did. Of course the implication that I did so places you in the group of False Teachers that Yahshua finds so dispicable.

Active
Ooooh... accusing the brethren... cool.

smiling-yellow-star-cartoon-emoji-face-character-wink-expression-giving-thumb-up-smiling-yellow-star-cartoon-emoji-face-93773223.jpg
I would that you were a brother in the Christ but with the slippery, dishonest, articulation spread on so thickly here with large spoonfuls of hate and open contempt, I feel there is next to zero chance of that. You still could be but you will need Ruach to intervene.

Loyal
Rom 2:4 Or are you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise and underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and long-suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent (to change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)?

Active
Not very articulate of you! I never implied He did.
Not very kind of you !! I never implied that you implied He did.

I just asked where Jesus ever said that. And I see you have no answer.

(Just a chip on your shoulder.)
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

Rhema

Active
I would that you were a brother in the Christ but with the slippery, dishonest, articulation spread on so thickly here with large spoonfuls of hate and open contempt, I feel there is next to zero chance of that. You still could be but you will need Ruach to intervene.
And BINGO... more of the "Christian" threats.

Your GED has not served you well, sir, to mean that your communication skills are indeed lacking.

But I have now read enough of your posts to sense the underlying insecurity woven within, and there's not a thing I can do to address that.

God bless,
Rhema

Active
And BINGO... more of the "Christian" threats.

Your GED has not served you well, sir, to mean that your communication skills are indeed lacking.

But I have now read enough of your posts to sense the underlying insecurity woven within, and there's not a thing I can do to address that.

God bless,
Rhema
LOL!

Active
Rom 2:4 Or are you [so blind as to] trifle with and presume upon and despise and underestimate the wealth of His kindness and forbearance and long-suffering patience? Are you unmindful or actually ignorant [of the fact] that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repent (to change your mind and inner man to accept God's will)?
2 Therefore you have fno excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For gin passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. 2 We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. 3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you presume on hthe riches of his kindness and iforbearance and jpatience, knot knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
Context always matters and must never be ignored. On the personal level, I never Judge any man's Spiritual Condition. At the same time, men stick their heads into the sand and go to sleep (ignore their condition). If we, like YHWH, Yashua ha,Mashiah, and Ruach, love our people, even the Unsaved, we will warn them of they ignore. I do so, not to Judge but I do so hoping to awaken...a heart condition that only our Heavenly Father knows and can Judge.

Loyal
You see the importance to Forgive and to Love with the Love of God.

All who feel they are children of God complain the loudest about thier own brothers and sisters.

As extreem as these groups are, even the JW are still God's children, as much as Jew's and Mormons.

The JW and Mormons from our point of view have twisted God's Word to fit thier own beliefs, but they are still Gods children.

We, who chose to follow our concept of scripture, still argue, point fingers, and belittle the next one sitting next to us. And why, to what end. Are we edifying ourselves before God, are we trying to say to God, i am better than my brother or sister.

Maybe we should try to actually follow Jesus teachings for once. " love those who curse you" , " be Holy for i am holy" " love your enemies"

It is then that you Will make the Father proud of you.

Can you 1bill and Rhema say you are my brother and i forgive you, i love you. Can you say you are my sister and i forgive you, i love you?

Is it not better to love one another in Jesus. We can disagree, but do it with respect and in love for eachother.

As for me, i will gladly take the hits, the darts of the enemy. If it causes you to find eachother in Christ.

Active
Can you 1bill and Rhema say you are my brother and i forgive you,
Thank you for your kind words, but I think you may have misinterpreted my expression of sadness and exasperation for one of condemnation.

I have never stated that @th1bill was not my brother in Christ, but as one can see, @th1bill has made his opinion quite clear -
I would that you were a brother in the Christ ...
... meaning, of course, that I am not. And he has done so with great emphasis -

... slippery, dishonest, articulation spread on so thickly here with large spoonfuls of hate and open contempt,
All this because I merely asked a question.
Just curious...

But whatever forgiveness you believe I need to afford @th1bill, consider it granted, because the fundamental truth to which I hold is that if Jesus came preaching the Gospel, then the Gospel is what Jesus preached. And I know Jesus preached this:

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.​
(Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)​

@Bill perhaps I am just clueless, but I've reviewed the thread and don't see anything in my posts here that ought to have triggered the vitriol (these "hits and darts") that was slung in my direction. But please do feel free to provide any edification deem necessary (hopefully within a PM so as not to derail the thread, though it likely is dead).

Kindly,
Rhema

Loyal
Thank you for your kind words, but I think you may have misinterpreted my expression of sadness and exasperation for one of condemnation.

I have never stated that @th1bill was not my brother in Christ, but as one can see, @th1bill has made his opinion quite clear -

... meaning, of course, that I am not. And he has done so with great emphasis -

All this because I merely asked a question.

But whatever forgiveness you believe I need to afford @th1bill, consider it granted, because the fundamental truth to which I hold is that if Jesus came preaching the Gospel, then the Gospel is what Jesus preached. And I know Jesus preached this:

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.​
(Matthew 6:14-15 KJV)​

@Bill perhaps I am just clueless, but I've reviewed the thread and don't see anything in my posts here that ought to have triggered the vitriol (these "hits and darts") that was slung in my direction. But please do feel free to provide any edification deem necessary (hopefully within a PM so as not to derail the thread, though it likely is dead).

Kindly,
Rhema
A little smirky sarcasm , if you aimed it at me i would just laugh. But that is me . Others get bent out of shape .

I was browsing a forum I'm not yet a member of and found a very interesting discussion going on. I thought it would be a good topic to bring here.

Are you scared of God? Do you worship, believe, because you're afraid to go to Hell if you don't?

My answer is no to both questions. Add you own if you feel like it and we can see where this goes.
Sincere, respectful replies requested of Christian sisters and brothers here please. Thank you in advance. :)
There is a scripture that says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Hmm
:)