• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are you a Christian if you don't believe in the eternal Triune nature of God?

Active
Matt 16:13; Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
Matt 16:14; And they said, "Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."
Matt 16:15; He *said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Matt 16:16; Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:17; And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
Matt 16:18; "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Now of course Romans Catholics think Peter is "the rock" here. But actually the rock is the belief that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God".
Jesus says He will build His church upon this belief. If you don't believe Jesus is God, that He is "the" Son (uppercase S) of God, then He doesn't consider you
to be in His church.

The upper case is used with both discriptions .Son of man as well as Son of God. The Son of man, Jesus represents the temporal as that seen a one time propmised demonstration of the two working as one. .

Satan working in Peter producing false pride in Peter .Peter rebuked the Son of man , Jesus . Jesus sent as a apostle prophet in return as the Father gave him the power the Son of man he rebuked the spirit of lies, the spirit of the antichrists (another teaching authority) other than all things writen in the law and prohets (sola scriptura)

Peter was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man . . that window closed with Jesus disappered out of sight .Blasphemy against the unseen Holy Spirit is not forigiveable never was, never will be. .

Matthew 12:31-32 [Full Chapter] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Active
Jesus said not as I will but as you empower us to do it Father . The Father in the greater position not a greater person .
Joh 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Where does do the Scriptures say as you have "The Father in the greater position not a greater person ."

Active
Jesus proved HE is the eternal Son of God and God the Son, one of three in the eternal Triune Godhead of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Are you a true born again believer if you reject the triune nature of God?

You're a "true born again believer" when you repent of your SIN under conviction by the Holy SPirit and place your FAITH (not just "belief") gifted by God in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the Cross to CLeanse you of your SIN, and are indwelled by the Holy Spirit, which is what MAKES you a Christian.

We HAVE NO CONCEPT of the totality of God. He told us that He was beyond your understanding, and He is. the "Trinity" is just "Theology" and unimportant in the grand scale of things, since when you "believe" all the "theology", you still don't have any Idea what it all actually means in the absolute.

God is ONE - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - whatever that actually means.

Active
Joh 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

Where does do the Scriptures say as you have "The Father in the greater position not a greater person ."

Thanks for the reply. I would offer it is how the word "greater "is used, never in respect to the person but the power. The Son of man Jesus the weaker position not weaker person

In that way we can do greater works than that which Jesus performed. The greatest as a work of the father of course is born again. greater in number same born again gift . Peter spoke once and thousands of new believers from all nations were given eternal life . Jesus a few new diciples here and there lesser . 500 at the most became believers prior to Pentecost.

Jesus resisted worship according to his flesh At times he would hide in a hope of glorifying the unseen Holy Father

A few examples of the use of the word greater.

John 5:20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Active
You're a "true born again believer" when you repent of your SIN under conviction by the Holy SPirit and place your FAITH (not just "belief") gifted by God in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the Cross to CLeanse you of your SIN, and are indwelled by the Holy Spirit, which is what MAKES you a Christian.

We HAVE NO CONCEPT of the totality of God. He told us that He was beyond your understanding, and He is. the "Trinity" is just "Theology" and unimportant in the grand scale of things, since when you "believe" all the "theology", you still don't have any Idea what it all actually means in the absolute.

God is ONE - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - whatever that actually means.
Yes, of course. We say "believe" because that is the word the translators used when translating the Greek word pisteuōn, which is from the root word pisteōs, which actually means faith. Amen.

Active
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Thanks why i did not just look up the word 'greater' i dont know..

Active
Thanks why i did not just look up the word 'greater' i dont know..

It was a great suprise to me also . Prophecy takes away wondering or marveling which can lead to doubt God's word filling us with a unseen Joy, a leap of faith so that we can walk with him as two walking as one .

Acts 14: 7-10 And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,
Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.

Active
Jesus proved HE is the eternal Son of God and God the Son, one of three in the eternal Triune Godhead of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

No, absolutely not :oops:.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Active
Modalism was considered a heresy in the early church. Not surprising that pentacostal denominations hold this view. God exists in three eternal persons. Period.
I think this was a bit harsh for it to be called heresy.

Understanding God is difficult. A differing view as this where neither dispute Jesus being God is surely an immaterial disagreement, a Rom 14:5 matter.

Rom 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

Active
No, absolutely not :oops:.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Yes there is a difference. God is not a man as us . If flesh does not have a spirit it is considered a still born . In that way we are children of the Spirt of Christ not children of lifeless spiritless flesh . Its return to the dust.

Clay from the dust of the field no have a spirit, it is breathed into. When a person dies if they have not been given a new born again spirt they will not rise of the last day .

In the beginning was the word of God , during the promised one time demonstration of the lamb of God who was was slain from the very foundation of the world the Spirit of Christ dwelt in the flesh of the Son of man Jesus . If any man has not the Spirt of Christ they simply do not belong to Him

God is supernatural without a beginning called a nature .

Loyal
When Jesus Christ was here on earth -- He was here As God. God incarnate. After His bodily resurrection from the dead + 40 days -- He ascended back up to heaven to be at the right hand of God the Father.

We aren't Supposed to understand God -- not completely.

Jesus Christ was 100 % man and 100 % God / deity while here on earth.

The Godhead = Trinity = God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit. Three distinct 'persons' and with different roles / within the Godhead.

Active
This line makes no sense Sue.

Christianity 101 is understanding God. You cannot accept what you cannot understand.

That there are attributes and 'things' of God that we cannot understand is a separate matter.

As such, your first line is completely false, the second true. Complete oxy moron.

Active
When Jesus Christ was here on earth -- He was here As God. God incarnate. After His bodily resurrection from the dead + 40 days -- He ascended back up to heaven to be at the right hand of God the Father.

Jesus Christ was 100 % man and 100 % God / deity while here on earth.

The Godhead = Trinity = God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit. Three distinct 'persons' and with different roles / within the Godhead.
Are you saying that the matter of: One God = Three persons VS Three persons = One God is a material or immaterial disagreement?

I would say it is utterly immaterial. Time will be better spent talking about daisies.

Loyal
@KingJ -- you're asking if it really matters one way or the other if a person believes / One God = 3 persons // or 3 persons = One God.

I Think what you Mean to be asking is -- One God in three persons OR One God who acts as God the Father when needed or Jesus Christ as needed or the Holy Spirit as needed.

Understanding the Godhead Can be confusing -- but our salvation is based on the working of all three parts Of the trinity.

Actually it's a good subject to think about.

Jesus Christ doesn't come into the 'picture' until His birth in Matthew , His death, burial and bodily resurrection and then His ascention back up to heaven in beginning of Acts.

The Holy Spirit came upon Mary so she could conceive. And He also comes to indwell each believer at the moment of their salvation.

So -- what would You like to know about 'daisies". Besides that they are pretty flowers that can be enjoyed while talking about theology. The trinity in this case. :)

Active

I believe so. God knew us before he created the world. Our faith and salvation are gifts from the grace of God.
If we don't accept God is triune he would already know that being he is omniscient.
If he put our names on the book of eternal life, the lambs book of life, prior to the creation of all things, I think that is what matters.

We know him because he knew us first.

Active
I believe so. God knew us before he created the world. Our faith and salvation are gifts from the grace of God.
If we don't accept God is triune he would already know that being he is omniscient.
If he put our names on the book of eternal life, the lambs book of life, prior to the creation of all things, I think that is what matters.

We know him because he knew us first.
Are you born again?

Loyal
Just because people claim that they are born again does not make it so.
There is a big difference between what scripture actually teaches and commands and the very broad permissions that Christians give themselves.
A good example is water baptism by full immersion. In total defiance of the scriptures many churches claim that this is not necessary, but still claim that "believers" are born again because they did something approved of
by their church.
God has laid out clearly what is required to be born new again in the NT and God only recognises this obedience.
John 4:
23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.