• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Loyal
Thank you, I need every bit I can get and then somemore! :innocent: I know I come up short! And I know that "every word that has ever been spoken about me, and every word I have spoken whether good or bad" shall come up in judgment against me". But I "hope" these words are true, that is written below, because I have been called everything, but a child of The Living God!

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD."

Loyal
Ploughboy, I, like you, react to the posts levelled at me and reply accordingly. and anyone who has stumbled and fallen, and has mental problems has my sincere commiserations but reading your posts, I wouldn't have seen you among those poor souls. You stand as a warrior who comes against anyone you disagree with. Having walked with the Lord for over forty years, I get irritated when I am treated as a novice. Maybe that is a weakness in me. I do care about sinners but I also care about my brothers and sisters who are weak and handicapped, but I can only know the difference if I am informed. The people on Talk Jesus, I have never met, so it is hard to discern who and how they are, we can only go by the information we receive. A wise man once said "you can only know someone, if they reveal themselves to you." bless you Ploughboy.
You know darn well,I was not speaking about you, and I am not going to get trap with that bait:p

Loyal
My experience of fruit inspectors was harsh Sue. When I was playing my music on the streets and Christians came by, they seldom asked me if I knew the Lord, they assumed that as I had an unusual occupation, that many people frowned upon, I was a lost soul and they, with a big smile, dropped a tract into my guitar case. Seldom money, but always a piece of paper. If the Lord hadn't hooked me with his word, those fruit inspectors would have likely driven me away. even today, although I often play music at their meetings, I am seldom invited home for tea. I don't belong to the tennis set.

Is there a reason they Should have asked you if you knew the Lord? And I could understand a tract being left with you rather than money. Why would you consider them To be 'fruit inspectors'?

What kind of music did you play? Kind of sounds like you were a person playing music on the streets trying to make money?

There was a video on FB of a little girl playing a violin - I'm thinking it was. She was really very good -- and people would stop and listen and give her money in appreciation of her talent.

Active
Is there a reason they Should have asked you if you knew the Lord? And I could understand a tract being left with you rather than money. Why would you consider them To be 'fruit inspectors'?

What kind of music did you play? Kind of sounds like you were a person playing music on the streets trying to make money?

There was a video on FB of a little girl playing a violin - I'm thinking it was. She was really very good -- and people would stop and listen and give her money in appreciation of her talent.
Actually Sue, On recollection, I believe I might have been somewhat hard on those who gave me tracts, but I was remembering how I felt back then. I was young in my faith but I was also young in my occupation and when one stands in the street with the world walking by, one is torn between the exuberance of freedom and the uncertainty of acceptance, and many, seeking victims, can read that, and with a look can spoil your day. Also I met many street preachers who preached hell and damnation, when I thought they might be better received if they preached "come to me all you who labour and I will give you rest". And, I have an aversion to being inspected. In those days I played country based music, 'The Band', 'Bob Dylan', 'Joan Baez' etc. In later years I added my own Christian songs, this allowed me to share my faith with those who would stop and enquire about it. I used to play, among other pitches, in an underpass opposite Charring Cross railway station in London, and the students from the music colleges would come, string quartets, duos etc. to supplement their living allowances and they played beautiful music, in fact there are some awesome musicians to be found on the streets, to me it is the only true music, you're paid your worth and if you are not good enough, you go hungry. I must have been reasonable, since I doubled and sometimes trebled the money I earned as a student nurse. Nowadays I earn even more because I have learned how to overcome my inhibitions and can now put all I have into my music. Well here's a snippet of my life as a busker, bless you.

Active
@Trevor -- an interesting background. Thanks for sharing.
The streets Sue, are an interesting study, we learn never to prejudge people because when we do, we inevitably get it wrong. I was once busking in a subway by Bank underground in the city of London. In those days the men who worked in the city all wore pinstriped suits, bowler hats and carried rolled umbrellas. A gentleman came up to me, dropped a ten shilling note into my guitar bag and said," I've ruined my life son, good luck". ten Bob in those days, was not to be sneezed at. Another day, I was playing in an underpass that led to Tottenham Court Road station, when a young man with long golden hair bedecked in flowers, wearing the latest hippy clothes came up to me and said "why don't you get a proper job". I would have expected the opposite reaction from both of these men. I found out, it is unwise to judge.

Loyal
Well -- while it IS unwise To judge -- outward appearance is all we have to go by -- if That is a turn-off - then we won't Want to get to know the 'inner' person. Cause we are getting a glimpse Of the inner person Through the outward appearance.

It sounds like the 1st man had Thought that money was 'everything' and found out 'the hard way' that it Wasn't. Maybe he'd Had a good relationship / marriage / but his attention To money , might have ruined what he'd had. That money Isn't all that important. A person Does need to provide shelter , food, clothing for himself / family. But the extent to which he Does can make or break.

The hippies' reaction -- That sounded kind of humorous. As my memory serves me right -- That particular group of people were Not known For their jobs.

Active
Well -- while it IS unwise To judge -- outward appearance is all we have to go by -- if That is a turn-off - then we won't Want to get to know the 'inner' person. Cause we are getting a glimpse Of the inner person Through the outward appearance.

It sounds like the 1st man had Thought that money was 'everything' and found out 'the hard way' that it Wasn't. Maybe he'd Had a good relationship / marriage / but his attention To money , might have ruined what he'd had. That money Isn't all that important. A person Does need to provide shelter , food, clothing for himself / family. But the extent to which he Does can make or break.

The hippies' reaction -- That sounded kind of humorous. As my memory serves me right -- That particular group of people were Not known For their jobs.
Today, Sue, it would be humorous, but in those days when I was young, ridicule could knock me back.

Loyal
Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." doesn't that mean that those who have the Holy Spirit indwelling them Will also exhibit that fruit in their lives. So, Therefore -- we Can be 'fruit inspectors'. Not in a critical way -- but in an observant way and caring way. So -- when a person says they are a believer, shouldn't their lives Show it? And if it Doesn't - then it would be appropriate To approach in a caring, loving way / one on one -- maybe sharing your own testimony -- befriend that person. Be an encourager // maybe lead them to Christ because they hadn't actually been a believer.

We don't need to inspect the fruit Sue, it will be clear to see in season. Some trees look good, fruit may be slow incoming, but don't forget the wolves in sheeps clothing, eventually the spots will show, the leopard doesn't lose its spots, the worldly people are like that. Unless the Spirit of God is in them, they are not born again, and their worldly ways will soon stand out.

With a person -- there Will be a difference in their lives right away. A person is born a sinner and when they accept Christ as personal Savior -- the Holy Spirit comes to indwell them Immediately. No real need To wait for some sign of the Holy Spirit's indwelling. No one lives in a bubble -- people observe their lives -- some up close and personal and other from farther away. And maybe it will be that the new believer simply smiles a lot where as they Used to be grumpy.

With myself there was a difference immediately Sue, but that is not the same for all, we are babes in Christ, we have to grow, we have to learn, we will all do this at different rates, at different speeds. Some are more thirsty than others.

I laugh at your well meant comments Sue, some smile more they were previous grumpy, again that can be misleading also, they may have had some good news at home. When the smile comes from the heart we can be more sure, what is showing on the outside of the vessel can mislead.

Bless you

Loyal
Brother-Paul -- Scripture says that 'by their fruits, we will know them." The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives Will be apparent. :)

Loyal
Brother-Paul -- Scripture says that 'by their fruits, we will know them." The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives Will be apparent. :)

But as brother Trevor has already said, the tree has to grow for the fruits to start, the fruits are not always apparent straight away. We grow in faith, like babes on milk we learn slowly at first, it depends on how much we thirst.

We are not fruit inspectors, if the fruit is there we will see clearly whether it is good fruit or bad fruit. We mustn't go by outward appearances, they can be deceptive, we all wear a mask to hide our past in some way or another.

If there are fruits they will be visible, we won't need to look for them, and we will see whether they are good fruits or bad fruits.

Loyal
The fruit of the Holy Spirit will not ever be Bad fruit. They are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, etc. in Galations 5:22,23. As soon as the Holy Spirit indwells a person -- upon their salvation -- those qualities will be in that person.

In the physical world -- I've used that as an example -- unless a person is familiar with kinds of leaves -- a person might not know what kind of tree they have until it begins to grow the apple, orange, whatever it's going to bear.

A person's life Will show -- right away -- some fruit of the Holy Spirit's indwelling them.

Loyal
The fruit of the Holy Spirit will not ever be Bad fruit. They are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, etc. in Galations 5:22,23. As soon as the Holy Spirit indwells a person -- upon their salvation -- those qualities will be in that person.

In the physical world -- I've used that as an example -- unless a person is familiar with kinds of leaves -- a person might not know what kind of tree they have until it begins to grow the apple, orange, whatever it's going to bear.

A person's life Will show -- right away -- some fruit of the Holy Spirit's indwelling them.
And what if someone else see's that fruit at the beginning, but you dont, what would you think then? But assume you didnt know they had shown any fruit.

Loyal

The reason we will see the fruits is to know they are God's, to know they are born again, to know the Holy Spirit dwells in them.

There are plenty of wolves' in sheep's clothing Sue, we are warned to be aware of that..

Here is an example of what it is saying, we will have weeds in our midst, they may look like flowers, but when the fruit shows we will know, they may be like poisonous berries.

If the Holy Spirit dwells someone, good fruit will show in time, but if the person doesn't have the Holy Spirit indwelling, they may be caring people, they may be good talkers, they may appear to be saved, but their true fruits will eventual show.

Bless you

Loyal
But those people Will have an interest in spiritual things / a desire For God's Word.

It almost kind of sounds like you're trying to come up with a scenario that works Against Scripture.

Loyal
But those people Will have an interest in spiritual things / a desire For God's Word.

It almost kind of sounds like you're trying to come up with a scenario that works Against Scripture.

Are they not babes Sue, do they not have to grow and learn?

Scripture tells us when we come to Christ we are babes, some may never get past this stage. The Word, in stones, in thorns, in bad soil.

The light is a flicker at first, it gets brighter the more of Jesus is in us. If Jesus is not in us there is not light in us.

The fruit on a tree shows when the tree has grown enough and bears the fruit, it has to grow to bear fruit.

Loyal
A woman gives birth to a baby -- that baby is a new born -- the mother, husband, whomever is there -- knows of this new baby's birth -- Then it starts growing -- needs nourishment. in order to Continue to grow.

Same thing when a person begins their Spiritual life -- someone is Probably there with them. If no Person is there, the Holy Spirit IS. The Holy Spirit Will give them the desire For nourishment -- His Word.

The Holy Spirit comes to indwell a person immediately.

Sounds like you're Really referring to those who Don't show evidence Of. Which means that the Holy Spirit has never come To indwell. Which means that someone Needs to approach That person personally and show concern -- because they need to be saved. They either prayed a prayer without understanding what they were praying For or they were feeling pressured to make a decision because they organ was still playing and the congregation was Waiting on them.

And some baby's Are born mentally deficient -- they are under God's Grace. A normal person would be understanding right from wrong and able To make a decision.

This thread is called "Are we in the end times" -- probably, yes. So -- we Do need to make sure Of our personal salvation and then we Can be ministering to others. New born babies leave no doubt in anyone's mind that they are alive. The fruit of being a new born is observable right away.

Loyal
A woman gives birth to a baby -- that baby is a new born -- the mother, husband, whomever is there -- knows of this new baby's birth -- Then it starts growing -- needs nourishment. in order to Continue to grow.

Same thing when a person begins their Spiritual life -- someone is Probably there with them. If no Person is there, the Holy Spirit IS. The Holy Spirit Will give them the desire For nourishment -- His Word.

The Holy Spirit comes to indwell a person immediately.

Sounds like you're Really referring to those who Don't show evidence Of. Which means that the Holy Spirit has never come To indwell. Which means that someone Needs to approach That person personally and show concern -- because they need to be saved. They either prayed a prayer without understanding what they were praying For or they were feeling pressured to make a decision because they organ was still playing and the congregation was Waiting on them.

And some baby's Are born mentally deficient -- they are under God's Grace. A normal person would be understanding right from wrong and able To make a decision.

This thread is called "Are we in the end times" -- probably, yes. So -- we Do need to make sure Of our personal salvation and then we Can be ministering to others. New born babies leave no doubt in anyone's mind that they are alive. The fruit of being a new born is observable right away.

Hi Sue

No I am not referring to 'don't show evidence of' as you put it, that would be judgement on our part. Scripture doesn't say that.

Scripture says 'You will know them'. We won't need to think about it, we must not judge, it will be obvious for us to see.

It will be as obvious as not expecting grapes from a thorn bush, or figs from thistle, it will be that obvious.

In other words a person may appear to be saved, appear to be one of the sheep, but then they F and Geoff (Sorry any Geoff's on here), or their sins of lust show their true colours. We will jot have to go looking or checking people are saved, it will be as obvious as the two examples given.

Luke 6:43-45 (NKJV)
43 "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV)
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Although the Spirit indwells a newly born again from above person, they like babes have to grow and learn, they will make mistakes at first as a child does in learning, these are not the issue, a person will no doubt be apologetic, it is when they appear to grow in faith but do not have the Holy Spirit in them. They are sheep in wolves clothing, speaking the speak, talking the talk, social blending, but they are as Matt 7:15 says, really just false prophets, we are told to be aware of them. Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Bless you