• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:16)

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 308 72.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 86 20.3%

• Total voters
Active
Top Poster Of Month
Hi Sue

No I am not referring to 'don't show evidence of' as you put it, that would be judgement on our part. Scripture doesn't say that.

Scripture says 'You will know them'. We won't need to think about it, we must not judge, it will be obvious for us to see.

It will be as obvious as not expecting grapes from a thorn bush, or figs from thistle, it will be that obvious.

In other words a person may appear to be saved, appear to be one of the sheep, but then they F and Geoff (Sorry any Geoff's on here), or their sins of lust show their true colours. We will jot have to go looking or checking people are saved, it will be as obvious as the two examples given.

Luke 6:43-45 (NKJV)
43 "For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV)
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Although the Spirit indwells a newly born again from above person, they like babes have to grow and learn, they will make mistakes at first as a child does in learning, these are not the issue, a person will no doubt be apologetic, it is when they appear to grow in faith but do not have the Holy Spirit in them. They are sheep in wolves clothing, speaking the speak, talking the talk, social blending, but they are as Matt 7:15 says, really just false prophets, we are told to be aware of them. Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Bless you
Hummmm, (Matthew 7:15).
"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Wondering, do I appear like a nice sweet talking gentle sheep, but do I appear like a barking watch dog? Alright becareful, move very slow.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Wondering, do I appear like a nice sweet talking gentle sheep, but do I appear like a barking watch dog? Alright becareful, move very slow.
LOL, sorry guys I could not help it, Ok

Loyal
There will not be the desire To grow without the Holy Spirit indwelling them.

Seems that we are talking about two different things.

Does the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in a person's life make a difference or not. Yes, it does.

There Are a lot of people who have been misled as to what salvation is or is Not. What constitutes salvation. Belief in the heart and confession by mouth. Constitutes salvation. People around that person Will notice a difference. It will be a Positive difference. As people grow older they can be influenced by unGodliness.

There was a situation about 50 yrs. ago. I was dating a guy -- he was willing to go to church with me -- Sunday dinners with my folks -- I lived at home. My sister and her husband were there a lot, too.

After a few weeks he shared that was interested in salvation. I suggested he talk with my brother-in-law -- missionaries to be. Apparently he Did accept Christ. His interest became to invite his neighbor to church with him. He did and his friend also accepted Christ. Don't remember him getting baptized. He might have been sprinkled as an infant. Never had that conversation. He ended up being drafted / I broke up with him. I broke off the engagement and ended up marrying the friend he'd invited to church. Did his life show Christ? Wasn't around him enough to find out. He Did have his problems which is why I broke up with him. He was in and out again and no one had much chance For follow up with him. Was he actually saved? in his case, only God knows for sure. And that's possibly true for Lots of born again believers. They are Not a shining star that every one notices.

Loyal

Barrrr :sob:

Active
There will not be the desire To grow without the Holy Spirit indwelling them.

Seems that we are talking about two different things.

Does the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in a person's life make a difference or not. Yes, it does.

There Are a lot of people who have been misled as to what salvation is or is Not. What constitutes salvation. Belief in the heart and confession by mouth. Constitutes salvation. People around that person Will notice a difference. It will be a Positive difference. As people grow older they can be influenced by unGodliness.

There was a situation about 50 yrs. ago. I was dating a guy -- he was willing to go to church with me -- Sunday dinners with my folks -- I lived at home. My sister and her husband were there a lot, too.

After a few weeks he shared that was interested in salvation. I suggested he talk with my brother-in-law -- missionaries to be. Apparently he Did accept Christ. His interest became to invite his neighbor to church with him. He did and his friend also accepted Christ. Don't remember him getting baptized. He might have been sprinkled as an infant. Never had that conversation. He ended up being drafted / I broke up with him. I broke off the engagement and ended up marrying the friend he'd invited to church. Did his life show Christ? Wasn't around him enough to find out. He Did have his problems which is why I broke up with him. He was in and out again and no one had much chance For follow up with him. Was he actually saved? in his case, only God knows for sure. And that's possibly true for Lots of born again believers. They are Not a shining star that every one notices.
There are people Sue, who come to the Lord with a true heart, and then because of bad teaching, show no sign of growth. and become the star that nobody notices.

Active
There are people Sue, who come to the Lord with a true heart, and then because of bad teaching, show no sign of growth. and become the star that nobody notices.
God's feelings are the only ones that count when it comes to what is in a man's heart and only He knows whether growth is sufficient.

Active
Do you believe that we are in the very end times, where Jesus can return within the next 100 years or so?

I would advise using the book of Revelation as a gauge of where you think we're living in currently chronologically.

Some thoughts about the end times signs...

What will happen in the end times? (Summary)
Financial Signs of the End Times (audio)
Understanding the End Times
12 Signs of the End Times

This is meant to be a fun poll and bible discussion. Ultimately:

Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
Is it important ?

Sometimes I wonder about what the end times are going to look like, but I think it could look very similar to the first coming as well. Surely, God has given us signs and understanding of the Bible for the reason of being able to recognize the second coming of Jesus.

Loyal
Are we getting the rapture and the 2nd coming as being the same event?

And His 1st coming was as a babe in the manger. His 2nd coming will be as righteous leader for 1,000 yrs. here on earth.

Upon His 2nd coming it will be on the Mt. of Olives -- that is told about in Zachariah 14. vs 4 through rest of chapter.

It's the rapture of the Church -- it being taken up by a shout of the archangels -- meeting Jesus in the air -- and That event is when no one except the Father knows the timing of. The Church, being all the born again believers from all over the world.

And looking at world events -- That could take place in the very near future. It won't be the end of the world -- it Will be the end of the Church age.

MorningBirds,I would think that at his coming,at that moment,in an instant of an eye,you will truly be as he is,and will have no more questions! LOL( John 4:25) is a fine example of what I am saying.So I fully agree with your fine words!( 1 John 4:17!!!)

Loyal
If a person is a believer at that moment in time, yes. We need to go by what Scripture says -- not especially what we hope to be the case.