• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Loyal
I just looked up the Luke 17:20 passage - the context -- "once having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of 'God would come, Jesus replied "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, vs 21 nor will people say, "Here it is, or There it is, because the kingdom of God is within you." following the context -- on to vs 34 two being in the bed - one taken and one left and then two women will be grinding grain together -- one taken and one left. "

Context is So important.

Luke 17:20 the context has to do with Christ’s return. Luke was a medical doctor. The Pharisees ask when the kingdom of God would come. Christ answered and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation. In other words, it happens for some unnoticed. They don’t know and understand God’s word well enough to see this event begin to happen. V21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, low there! For, behold the kingdom of God is within you. These flesh bodies are our house, and if you are in Christ and He is in you, the Kingdom is within you. That’s pretty simple. V22 The days will come, when he shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and he shall not see it. Christ basically saying to the disciples, you have me with you now and I can help you through the rough times but you had better get tough and ready cause it’s getting close to my time and you will be on your own. V23 See here; or, see there: go not after them , nor follow them. Christ said if they say He is here or there, don’t go. This verse is a play on Mark 13:21-23 and Matt 24:23-26. Christ said take heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. V24 another way of stating this is, as surly as the sun comes up in the East and goes down in the West, you can count on Christ return to earth. He is definitely coming back. V25. Christ was rejected by the masses cause the people were basically biblically illiterate. V26 Christ said it would be like the days of Noe/Noah. V27 They did eat, they drank, they married and was given marriage to the fallen angels until Noe entered the Ark. V28. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded. What did they buy, what did they sell, what did they plant, what did they build? What was it like in Lots day?

Gen 19:2 two angels came to see Lot. Lot ask them to stay with him in his house but they said that they would just abide in the streets all night. Lot knew that it wasn’t safe for them to stay in the street at night in Sodom. But before they laid down, the men of the city told Lot to bring the men out so may know them. How devilish. These men were Sodomites and they wanted to force themselves upon the two angels. Lot offered his daughters to the Sodomites instead of sending out the two angels out. Lot knew that the Sodomites had no interest in females but only men. That’s sick my friends. Even when the two angels struck the Sodomites with blindness they still scratched at the door to get in. This word Sodomites is kinda deceiving in that it’s the Hebrew word, (kaw-dashe), it’s a noun being masculine or a male temple prostitution, but meaning a scared person for the church. Not on God’s behalf but for the priest. So this is what they sold. The sodomites sold themselves into prostitution to the priest. This was going on in lots time.

2 Kings 23:4 the king had Hilkiah the high priest to remove the vessels of Baal and the grove from Gods house. What was this grove? We think of a grove as a small stand of trees. But this grove was in Gods house and the women wove hangings to cover it. What was they hiding or covering? The grove was a male symbol. They thought this part of the male gave life but they were mistaken. It was only reproduction. The king told Hilkiah to get it out of Gods house and burn it. V23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sidomites, THAT WERE BY THE HOUSE OF THE LORD. The sodomites had their house right next door the Gods house. How convenient.

This was the kind of stuff that was going on in Lots day. We see these things happening in the different religions today. Men of God having sexual relations with young men or boys of the church. May not have the wooden male symbol, a grove, upon stage but are having same sex marriages in Gods house. An act that is very akin to having a grove on stage. I know that this kind of activity is not in all churches but that you would see these kind of things going on in churches right before Christ return. These are very serious signs indicating just how close it is for the return of Christ.

Hard to believe that these things would be going on in churches of today but God said that they would, and we see it playing out. You see it on the news fairly often. Should not be surprised. These are signs my friends and one had better take note. I disliked even mentioning these discussing things but these are very serious signs. The more serious the signs, the closer Christ’s return becomes.

Do you believe that we are in the very end times, where Jesus can return within the next 100 years or so?

I would advise using the book of Revelation as a gauge of where you think we're living in currently chronologically.

Some thoughts about the end times signs...

What will happen in the end times? (Summary)
Financial Signs of the End Times (audio)
Understanding the End Times
12 Signs of the End Times

This is meant to be a fun poll and bible discussion. Ultimately:

Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

I put 'not sure' because although the signs of the times seem to be getting more pressing, one doesn't truly know. I also think that perhaps the time frame could be slowed down or speeded up. Could our prayers and obedience to God make a difference perhaps? I mean I presume that Jesus won't return until the time is right...but this maybe depends on many things? A bit like the Israelites spending 40 years in the Wilderness, when perhaps they could have got to their destination sooner.

Loyal
I don't really believe that 'we' can adjust the rapture of the Church -- God does have it planned. He knows when it will happen. If we Did know when He was going to return for us -- Would we live differently? Would some of us Still be procrastinators -- putting off until the very last minute that which we Should be doing 'yesterday'. Because satan's influence would still be here.

Do our prayers and obedience to God make a difference Now?!

Active
I don't really believe that 'we' can adjust the rapture of the Church -- God does have it planned. He knows when it will happen. If we Did know when He was going to return for us -- Would we live differently? Would some of us Still be procrastinators -- putting off until the very last minute that which we Should be doing 'yesterday'. Because satan's influence would still be here.

Do our prayers and obedience to God make a difference Now?!

Believe or be aware of it or not, the world ignores the vivid warnings of the Bible. It's a lot like knowing the warnings smoking tobacco is hazardous to health, yet tempting "fate" that it might not affect after all in this lifetime.

Active
I put 'not sure' because although the signs of the times seem to be getting more pressing, one doesn't truly know. I also think that perhaps the time frame could be slowed down or speeded up. Could our prayers and obedience to God make a difference perhaps? I mean I presume that Jesus won't return until the time is right...but this maybe depends on many things? A bit like the Israelites spending 40 years in the Wilderness, when perhaps they could have got to their destination sooner.

I doubt the first Church era experienced the persecution deaths exceeding the numbers happening right now all around the globe. There couldn't have been nearly as many Christians to face suffering then. So yes, I agree, and doubt what troubles we do learn of by much greater news reporting might be the same percentages, so are not a reliable indication of what's yet to come. A lot depends on what happens in modern Israel, knowing they will not become a Christian nation until going through the tribulation.

Active
Luke 17:20 the context has to do with Christ’s return. Luke was a medical doctor. The Pharisees ask when the kingdom of God would come. Christ answered and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation. In other words, it happens for some unnoticed. They don’t know and understand God’s word well enough to see this event begin to happen. V21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, low there! For, behold the kingdom of God is within you. These flesh bodies are our house, and if you are in Christ and He is in you, the Kingdom is within you. That’s pretty simple. V22 The days will come, when he shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and he shall not see it. Christ basically saying to the disciples, you have me with you now and I can help you through the rough times but you had better get tough and ready cause it’s getting close to my time and you will be on your own. V23 See here; or, see there: go not after them , nor follow them. Christ said if they say He is here or there, don’t go. This verse is a play on Mark 13:21-23 and Matt 24:23-26. Christ said take heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. V24 another way of stating this is, as surly as the sun comes up in the East and goes down in the West, you can count on Christ return to earth. He is definitely coming back. V25. Christ was rejected by the masses cause the people were basically biblically illiterate. V26 Christ said it would be like the days of Noe/Noah. V27 They did eat, they drank, they married and was given marriage to the fallen angels until Noe entered the Ark. V28. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded. What did they buy, what did they sell, what did they plant, what did they build? What was it like in Lots day?

Gen 19:2 two angels came to see Lot. Lot ask them to stay with him in his house but they said that they would just abide in the streets all night. Lot knew that it wasn’t safe for them to stay in the street at night in Sodom. But before they laid down, the men of the city told Lot to bring the men out so may know them. How devilish. These men were Sodomites and they wanted to force themselves upon the two angels. Lot offered his daughters to the Sodomites instead of sending out the two angels out. Lot knew that the Sodomites had no interest in females but only men. That’s sick my friends. Even when the two angels struck the Sodomites with blindness they still scratched at the door to get in. This word Sodomites is kinda deceiving in that it’s the Hebrew word, (kaw-dashe), it’s a noun being masculine or a male temple prostitution, but meaning a scared person for the church. Not on God’s behalf but for the priest. So this is what they sold. The sodomites sold themselves into prostitution to the priest. This was going on in lots time.

2 Kings 23:4 the king had Hilkiah the high priest to remove the vessels of Baal and the grove from Gods house. What was this grove? We think of a grove as a small stand of trees. But this grove was in Gods house and the women wove hangings to cover it. What was they hiding or covering? The grove was a male symbol. They thought this part of the male gave life but they were mistaken. It was only reproduction. The king told Hilkiah to get it out of Gods house and burn it. V23:7 And he brake down the houses of the sidomites, THAT WERE BY THE HOUSE OF THE LORD. The sodomites had their house right next door the Gods house. How convenient.

This was the kind of stuff that was going on in Lots day. We see these things happening in the different religions today. Men of God having sexual relations with young men or boys of the church. May not have the wooden male symbol, a grove, upon stage but are having same sex marriages in Gods house. An act that is very akin to having a grove on stage. I know that this kind of activity is not in all churches but that you would see these kind of things going on in churches right before Christ return. These are very serious signs indicating just how close it is for the return of Christ.

Hard to believe that these things would be going on in churches of today but God said that they would, and we see it playing out. You see it on the news fairly often. Should not be surprised. These are signs my friends and one had better take note. I disliked even mentioning these discussing things but these are very serious signs. The more serious the signs, the closer Christ’s return becomes.

Yes, but I take into account that the elders of Israel watched their youths merge into the grove worship pattern. They tolerated national sins for a long time, then were caught up in the nation's destruction for the sins of the idolaters. It could happen that the modern Church will have to be somewhat discomforted (judged) for not being strong enough against open sin, themselves supporting ministries that condone abominations.

Loyal
Believe or be aware of it or not, the world ignores the vivid warnings of the Bible. It's a lot like knowing the warnings smoking tobacco is hazardous to health, yet tempting "fate" that it might not affect after all in this lifetime.

Of course the 'world' ignores warnings of the Bible. And , unfortunately, lots of churches don't teach Bible, either. So, Maybe 'we' should be busy reading the Bible ourselves so that We will be ready -- spiritually -- our personal salvation and growing in knowledge -- we can share with others in so very many subject areas.

One of those areas is that no one knows when the rapture will happen. Only God does. And we can observe all that is taking place in the world around us. And the time Is getting closer and closer - one day at a time.

In Revelation Jesus says he will be the one to kill Jezebel and her children. Jezebel is a literal queen in the Old Testament, and archaeologically backable to have existed. Jehu was elected by the prophets to be anointed the new King, and to slay her and her evil husband King Ahab.

Jehu is actually referred to as an evil King in the Chronicles because he fails to destroy one of the key temples of Baal and pagan worship established by a previous Israeli King.
I take this as like all the Caananites were not destroyed originally. Probably because of laziness, or that it would overextend the arm, that it was too much to do, or that the comfort zone would be breached or just a vain repetition.
Anyway, Jehu is evil in the sight of the Lord for not finishing, and has to serve other Kings as shown on the steles. However, Israel does last longer afterwards.

Administrator
Staff Member
The Father said in the last days, they would make what was right, wrong, and what was wrong, right. If one opens their eyes, you see this happening quite often. There would be wars and rumors of wars but don’t be real concerned, But when you hear peace peace peace, then you had better start watching real close. Earthquakes in diverse places. That’s places that are not known for earthquakes.

Spot on.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. - Matthew 24:14

Think about that for a moment. Let's look at the past 100 years...

Newspapers
Radio
TV
Internet (this being the final technology to seal the world's communication together)

We're extremely close to the last days, in my opinion.

Loyal
Probably so. And -- don't know if 'this' makes any difference, but this week -- President Trump says he will close the border if Mexican's president doesn't stop the people from crossing. And we're already hearing negative comments in anticipation of our border being closed. Some of the bigger complainers can join everyone else on the Other side of the border wall. But with all that anger brewing -- and I'm in south Texas. There's Bound to be very negative reactions.

Active
Eph 5:27 I guess the question may also be, how long before one believes the church or the bride will be Holy and blameless?? Without spot or wrinkle?? Rev 19:7 It would make sense to me, that the only way this would be possible is when there is very little church left. For like the narrow road FEW, will ever find it!

It certainly seems we are in the end times. Righteousness is being overshadowed by evil. The saints are being persecuted and the fallen upheld and defended as righteous.

Loyal
Eph 5:27 I guess the question may also be, how long before one believes the church or the bride will be Holy and blameless?? Without spot or wrinkle?? Rev 19:7 It would make sense to me, that the only way this would be possible is when there is very little church left. For like the narrow road FEW, will ever find it!

Maybe that's why 'we' need to be in the Word ourselves and be willing to stand firm with it both in church and outside the church. The Bride of Christ are all the born-again believers. 'We' won't loose our salvation. The Holy Spirit Is indwelling 'us' and has promised to stay put within until we are safely With Him. God sees 'us' through the blood of Jesus Christ. We need to be faithful to share the Gospel unto salvation with all who will listen. Like all the people who tune into this Forum. Are we willing to share even when it's not popular to do so.

Each person who is supposed to find the narrow road Will find it. We have no clue as to Who the 'elect' Are -- so We have been instructed to share with everyone who Will listen.

Active
Thanks very true Sue! The first part of what you said about staying in God's Word! But as you know many will fall away from the faith they said they first believed in as well.1 Tim 4:1-2,matt 13:20-21 Some say they were never saved to begin with,but one cannot fall away from something they first had not believed to start with either. I know that subject is a bit touchy for some,I just want you to see where I am coming from is all.And while our Jesus chooses to look and keep his own peace by looking at us through Phil 4:7-9 verse 8 light,and tells us we also can have his same peace if we will but follow the same principle,it is our choice daily to follow in this. Some will fall away from this instruction as well.Grace instructs us Sue. Titus 2:11-12,but we must endure to the end,that is our work. To believe is an action associated with what we say we believe in. John 6:28-29 requires! While so very true we could never work for, or earn what he gave us, when he gives this measure of faith( rom 12:3) who's faith does it now become? 2 Peter 1:3-11. Please look at verse 5 who's faith? correct ours now,and like the parable of the talents each of us who say we abide in him and he in us,become's accountable daily. hence why we are instructed to examine ourselfs daily to make sure we stay in the faith. ( 2 Cor 13:5) You are quite right we are supposed to stay on the narrow road,but not all will Sue. To share our Jesus with his confirmation( Mark 16:20) we must stay doers! ( James 1:22) Thanks you Sue for sharing! I am not dinging on anyone,but this truth of accountability is to me always staying instructed by and through Holy Spirit.( rom 8:14-15) blessing!!

Loyal
These might be the birth pangs of the end times... but we are no where near the judgments of Revelation.

Matt 24:6; "You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.
Matt 24:7; "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.
Matt 24:8; "But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

Mark 13:7; "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end.
Mark 13:8; "For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

When the man of perdition is revealed, and the Abomination of desolation happens, then we can start to get worried.

2 Thes 2:1; Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him,
2 Thes 2:2; that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
2 Thes 2:3; Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
2 Thes 2:4; who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

The beast will be revealed before any of this happens. If you are a pre-trib believer, then it happen even before that.

Staff Member
In my opinion, only those who voted NOT SURE are being honest!

Hello Alan,

So, a person can't have a position on this besides "I'm not sure" or they're lying? :) LOL
The others might be wrong, but that doesn't mean that they're lying.

Still, you are welcome to your opinion, though not necessarily agreed with! :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

GOD kept them wandering for 40 years, so that most of the people who were probably moaning that things were better back in Egypt, had died off, giving those that got to the promised land, a clean start.

Administrator
Staff Member
In my opinion, only those who voted NOT SURE are being honest!

So, I am being dishonest? You're not a prophet either though. Maybe you should think twice before posting empty comments like this. It's degrading to everyone who voted opposite of well, your amazing only acceptable view.