• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Active
Don't forget and according to the Scriptures, Jesus walked through walls and then the Apostles touched Him, ate and drank with Him...not once but twice!!

The Ressurected body has NO limits!
We just don't know what will exactly happen, but by faith we know it will be something un heard of!!!

Yes something unheard of neither male nor female Jew nor gentile a entirely new creation

I have heard of that idea and trusted it for some time .But when looking at it there would be no reason to believe mankind " corrupted flesh and blood" can walk through walls.

No one has received their new incorruptible body as sons of God all die not receiving it. We are not what we will be. Our new glorified bodies will be neither male nor female, Jew nor gentile but the new creation .The bride the wife of Christ, the church .

Looking at the whole discourse it begins on the 1st day they along with Jesus were behind locked doors in fear of the unbelieving Jew.

John 20: 19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

After 8 days the door still be shut because of persecutions. Jesus again addressed them continuing to teach them to walk by faith and not by sight .

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Active
Yes something unheard of neither male nor female Jew nor gentile a entirely new creation

I have heard of that idea and trusted it for some time .But when looking at it there would be no reason to believe mankind " corrupted flesh and blood" can walk through walls.

No one has received their new incorruptible body as sons of God all die not receiving it. We are not what we will be. Our new glorified bodies will be neither male nor female, Jew nor gentile but the new creation .The bride the wife of Christ, the church .

Looking at the whole discourse it begins on the 1st day they along with Jesus were behind locked doors in fear of the unbelieving Jew.

John 20: 19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

After 8 days the door still be shut because of persecutions. Jesus again addressed them continuing to teach them to walk by faith and not by sight .

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Yes, so this is clearly an example of what the resurrected body is capable of and God said we WILL have one just like Jesus...what hope and wonder this is!!!

Active
Yes, so this is clearly an example of what the resurrected body is capable of and God said we WILL have one just like Jesus...what hope and wonder this is!!!

The father according to the Psalms kept it from corrupting dying coming to a end , dead ,never to rise again .

There was no change he did not walk through a wall. That portion of scripture is clear .Starting a conversation in a room a person has been in for 8 days does not equal flesh and blood can walk through walls .

The next portion with in the parable of doubting Thomas help to understand how to walk by faith not after what the eyes see the temporal .

Loyal
Luke 24:37; But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.
Luke 24:38; And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39; “See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
Luke 24:40; And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

Luke 24:51; While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven.

Acts 1:9; And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
Acts 1:10; And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.
Acts 1:11; They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Jesus had a flesh and bone body when He ascended to heaven, and He will return in the same way.

John 20:26; After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”
John 20:27; Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
John 20:28; Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
John 20:29; Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas would not have been able to touch Jesus's and feel the holes and scars unless Jesus had a physical/tangible body to touch.

Luke 24:42; They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;
Luke 24:43; and He took it and ate it before them.

Does a spirit eat physical food?

The next portion with in the parable of doubting Thomas

Of course this wasn't a parable, but an actual witnessed event.

Active
Luke 24:37; But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.
Luke 24:38; And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39; “See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

Luke 24:51; While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven.

Acts 1:9; And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
Acts 1:10; And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them.
Acts 1:11; They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Jesus had a flesh and bone body when He ascended to heaven, and He will return in the same way.

John 20:26; After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”
John 20:27; Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
John 20:28; Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
John 20:29; Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas would not have been able to touch Jesus's and feel the holes and scars unless Jesus had a physical/tangible body to touch.

Does a spirit eat physical food?

Of course this wasn't a parable, but an actual witnessed event.
The father according to the Psalms kept it from corrupting dying coming to a end , dead ,never to rise again .

There was no change he did not walk through a wall. That portion of scripture is clear .Starting a conversation in a room a person has been in for 8 days does not equal flesh and blood can walk through walls .

The next portion with in the parable of doubting Thomas help to understand how to walk by faith not after what the eyes see the temporal .
You just don't get it!
We are not talking about " flesh and blood", we are talking about the "Resurrected Body" , without limits.

Jesus assured the Apostles that He was NOT a Ghost...to touch Him.
Jesus changed everything; you can believe ONLY by faith!

How did He get into the Upper Room each of the two times with the doors shut ?

Staff Member

Dear Garee,
Can you please provide Scripture for what you are saying, because it appears you are interjecting references to something else, to fit into what you've been communicating in your last few postings. Unless I'm not quiet understanding what you're saying.

For Example: New glorified bodies will be neither male nor female, Jew nor gentile but a new creation. Here are some references to what you are talking about, but I don't see the connection with glorified bodies that are yet to be for the believers.

Gal 3:28 NKJV - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col 3:11 NKJV - where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave [nor] free, but Christ [is] all and in all.
2Co 5:17 NKJV - Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2Co 5:16 NKJV - Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know [Him thus] no longer.
Gal 6:15 NKJV - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

Also, are you saying that Jesus when he met with disciples in a room He was in possession of "corrupted flesh and blood"? Luke 24:36-43, John 20:24-29 and so your mentioning of humanities blood & flesh not being able to walk through walls, because no one here that I could see has professed the belief that non-glorified bodies we currently inhabit can walk through walls.

Just looking for clarity of your postings. Thanks in advance.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
Was Jesus's body resurrected in the verses I posted above?
Did that body have flesh and bones? (I didn't mention blood) Luke 24:39;

I wonder if it was the upper room?
Where do you "wonder" it was?
So maybe not the "upper" room but in a room, none the less, with the doors closed as per scripture...how did He get in the room that the Apostles were?

Loyal
So maybe not the "upper" room but in a room, none the less, with the doors closed as per scripture...how did He get in the room that the Apostles were?

I don't doubt he went thru the walls. But the Bible says He had a flesh and bone body when He did it.

Active
I don't doubt he went thru the walls. But the Bible says He had a flesh and bone body when He did it.
A flesh and body of à Re
So where are you coming from? What are you trying to say? He died and was ressurected ; He was in His ressurected body, no?

Active
Dear Garee,
Can you please provide Scripture for what you are saying, because it appears you are interjecting references to something else, to fit into what you've been communicating in your last few postings. Unless I'm not quiet understanding what you're saying.

For Example: New glorified bodies will be neither male nor female, Jew nor gentile but a new creation. Here are some references to what you are talking about, but I don't see the connection with glorified bodies that are yet to be for the believers.

Gal 3:28 NKJV - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col 3:11 NKJV - where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave [nor] free, but Christ [is] all and in all.
2Co 5:17 NKJV - Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2Co 5:16 NKJV - Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know [Him thus] no longer.
Gal 6:15 NKJV - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

We are informed in the new order there will be no procreation (male and female) . as new creatures today we perform the work of no division . . . male nor female Jew nor gentile .But as Son of God we are not what we will be. No man or woman has received the new (Hebrews 11:39-40 ) Therefore, from then on, we regard no one according to the flesh (male nor female Jew nor gentile . we should be working it out now and not wait until we have passed to the new.

Like a thief in the night It will occur at one glorious moment the twinkling of the eye when we receive the incorruptible promise . As believers espoused to one husband we are likened to Timothy .No corrupted fleshy seeds.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Also, are you saying that Jesus when he met with disciples in a room He was in possession of "corrupted flesh and blood"? Luke 24:36-43, John 20:24-29 and so your mentioning of humanities blood & flesh not being able to walk through walls, because no one here that I could see has professed the belief that non-glorified bodies we currently inhabit can walk through walls.

Thanks I can try .

John 20: 19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. "Then" were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

The lord had reveled to them in respect to the hands and side that a spirit does not have flesh and blood, a body without the spirit essence of life is dead powerless .

I am saying he was in the room on the first day hiding because of persecution with the disciples on the eight day having hid for seven he addressed them again just as on the first day . The metaphor eight days in other parables in that way is used many times to represent the end of a waiting period (7)

It would appear he did not leave the room for that period (7) . Other possible conversation are not made know. Like the believers with Thomas the doubter.

John 20: 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

In that way the evidence that he walked out of the tomb should be enough I would think .It would seem that doubters looked to signs to wonder after before they will exercise a faith that works in them . Jesus the prophet sent by the father as a apostle declared the gospel given words from the father loving commandment . . be not faithless, but believing. Thomas as a witness to the work of the gospel showing he had believed the words of the unseen Lord confessed .( the witness of faith )

John 20: 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

In that way Proverbs 24:26 Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.

Psalm 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Not their trust in the temporal things seen .

Last edited by a moderator:
You just don't get it!
We are not talking about " flesh and blood", we are talking about the "Resurrected Body" , without limits.

Jesus assured the Apostles that He was NOT a Ghost...to touch Him.
Jesus changed everything; you can believe ONLY by faith!

How did He get into the Upper Room each of the two times with the doors shut ?

Am I missing something here. We are talking about Christ Jesus {GOD}. Do you really think that the creator of everything could not pass through a wall or just appear in the room? You seem to be struggling with the idea that Christ Jesus had a flesh and blood body just as ours, why?

Active
Am I missing something here. We are talking about Christ Jesus {GOD}. Do you really think that the creator of everything could not pass through a wall or just appear in the room? You seem to be struggling with the idea that Christ Jesus had a flesh and blood body just as ours, why?
Boy!!!, you have that wrong!!
Go back and show me where I remotely said that!
I have always contended that He was in His Resuurected Body and as best as we humans can understand, and for better lack of words, He did WALK through walls!!!!!!
You have definitely "missed" something!!!!!!

Loyal
I have always contended that He was in His Resuurected Body

Well He was resurrected already, that's for sure. All the scripture below is from Luke 24, in chronological order.

Luke 24:5; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?
Luke 24:6; “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,

He has risen, Jesus was already resurrected.

Luke 24:33; And they got up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found gathered together the eleven and those who were with them,
Luke 24:34; saying, “The Lord has really risen and has appeared to Simon.”
Luke 24:35; They began to relate their experiences on the road and how He was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread.

The Lord has really risen, Jesus was already resurrected. We've established that in a couple of verses here.
Now what happens after He is resurrected?

Luke 24:36; While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be to you.”

Jesus says touch me. I'm not a spirit. I have flesh and bones. A spirit does not have flesh and bones.
This was after He was resurrected. Jesus was resurrected in the flesh. He even ate fish after He was resurrected.

So you are right, He is in His resurrected body, but it still has flesh and bones ( not flesh and blood ).

Active

There is nothing that would indicate his flesh and body changed into something other than flesh and blood .

The change will all occur in the twinkling of the eye (Hebrew 11-39) until then no one will receives the incorruptible . Then the old things under the Sun the former things will not be remembered or ever come to mind.

Jesus was in the room with the other brother and sisters in Christ for 8 days to escape persecution . There is nothing to indicate he left and came back .

The Creator of the universe has no restriction his glory fills the whole universe . But corrupted dying flesh and blood , the temporal (what the eyes see) has no power .

The lesson all the examples as parables in that discourse is to walk by faith the unseen eternal not after the flesh that seen the temporal .

The idea that flesh and blood can walk through walls is simply another of the lying wonders of the god of this world .

Loyal
We are informed in the new order there will be no procreation (male and female)

Where is the scripture for this? This seems to be assumption.

a body without the spirit essence of life is dead powerless .

True enough, but not vice versa, a spirit can live without a body.

It would appear he did not leave the room for that period (7)

John 20:19; So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
John 20:20; And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

Notice "Jesus came" and stood with them after the doors were shut and locked. He wasn't in the room before this.

John 20:24; But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
John 20:25; So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

Verse 26 in all the Bibles I have says.. the disciples "were AGAIN inside", not "still" inside.

Loyal
The idea that flesh and blood can walk through walls is simply another of the lying wonders of the god of this world .

The idea that people can walk on water could be a lie, but it's not.

The idea that Jesus ascended into heaven in a flesh and bone body could be a lie, but it's not.

The idea that Jesus could turn water into wine could be a lie, but it's not.

The idea that Jesus could raise Lazarus from the dead could be a lie, but it's not.

The idea that Jesus could calm a storm could be a lie, but it's not.

Matt 11:20; Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.
Matt 11:21; Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had occurred in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mark 6:2; When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, “Where did this man getthese things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands?

The plain and simple fact is.. Jesus did miracles.

Active
Well He was resurrected already, that's for sure. All the scripture below is from Luke 24, in chronological order.

Luke 24:5; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?
Luke 24:6; “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,

He has risen, Jesus was already resurrected.

Luke 24:33; And they got up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found gathered together the eleven and those who were with them,
Luke 24:34; saying, “The Lord has really risen and has appeared to Simon.”
Luke 24:35; They began to relate their experiences on the road and how He was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread.

The Lord has really risen, Jesus was already resurrected. We've established that in a couple of verses here.
Now what happens after He is resurrected?

Luke 24:36; While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be to you.”

Jesus says touch me. I'm not a spirit. I have flesh and bones. A spirit does not have flesh and bones.
This was after He was resurrected. Jesus was resurrected in the flesh. He even ate fish after He was resurrected.

So you are right, He is in His resurrected body, but it still has flesh and bones ( not flesh and blood ).
OK, flesh and bones not blood, Gees!!!
The Ressurected Body has no need of blood!

You like to argue , no matter what I say!
The point is He was in His ressurected body.

A body that God promised the Believer.
And, for a better lack of words, Jesus did "walk" through walls.

The mind simpy can't comprhend what lays in store for us!