• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Do you think He is going to be late?:neutral:

Yes, much too late! What about the Holocaust death camps, the wars that have killed countless millions of people.? He could have come thousands of years ago and prevented all that carnage but in His Infinite Wisdom stood back for some reason and watched?

Active
Yes, much too late! What about the Holocaust death camps, the wars that have killed countless millions of people.? He could have come thousands of years ago and prevented all that carnage but in His Infinite Wisdom stood back for some reason and watched?
Don't judge less Ye be judged. There are countless atrocities that have occurred from the beginning of time ; they continue to point to the fact that we all live in a sinful world and subject to it but the key is the next life and that outcome is to your chosing.

Loyal
I thought that there was a Holy Trinity? Thus how can the father hide things from the Son? "I and the Father are one"?

I take your point Alan, I was quoting this scripture without including the verse.

Matthew 24:36 (NKJV)
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Loyal
Who controls death? Who has "All Power"? Our "God is Sovereign"! Now you do know a "finite" creature has no idea what a "infinite" being is , because he has no ability to do so, let alone is able to discuss Him! A finite brain cannot even comprehend anything about a "infinite" being, even if he told him, matter of fact a finite brain has no idea what the word "infinite" mean let lone anything about "GOD"! Even if God told him.

Loyal
The Father is the only one who knows when the rapture will take place. Not even the Son knows that. A comment was made regarding the Father keeping info from the Son. That's what prompted my comment.

Active
Less we forget, God is Omnipotent. This is something we can't comprehend...try, absolute perfect in is power...100 +++...%

Loyal
But one thing for sure, The Father has given us through the Son is, "Given us the information to know when the "Time Draws Near". (Matthew 24:33). And many will not see or understand but the righteous will. (Daniel 12: 1).

Active
Matthew 25:33
Sure I care, everyone who rejects the son is a goat..I would rather the be no Goats but the final decision belongs to God.

Active
Doesn't matter if it is 8 Billion or 800 Billion, which you wrote out, it will be as God decides....probably determine by who rejected Jesus or not...and the most amazing thing is that He knew how many before the foundation of the world!

Active
Hi Alan, you ask about the death camps. Satan hates God and so he persecutes God's chosen. You wonder why God allows it? When Adam was given dominion over the earth by God, God had access to the earth through Adam, but when Adam, through an act of obedience to Satan, ( eating the forbidden fruit) was cast out of Eden and lost access to the tree of life and so, intimacy with God. Adam came. under the dominion of the one he gave allegiance to, Satan, and so did everything he had dominion over, the world. Later when Jesus was being tempted in the desert Satan claimed that dominion of the earth had been given to him, Jesus didn't refute him. So God no longer has dominion through Adam, Satan has, and can do as he wills. God does not take his gifts back. That is why Satan is called the God of this world and the world suffers because of it. There is a positive side to all of this, but that's another story.

Loyal
I would disagree -- satan should Not be referred to as the God of this world. God Almighty is the only God. Satan Does have power in the here and now. His influence is felt. But God is still in control.

Jesus rebuked satan when He was facing temptation from him.

The positive side to all of this is that we are given ways to rebuke satan -- we are given the Armor of God in Ephesians -- Resist and he Will flee.