• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are the 144,000 Back Already?!

Today I went to the store. There, I met a guy who said, "Brother! Join me and the 144,000!" I thought it was a cult, so I looked it up. It's an army that prepares Earth for the Second Coming of Christ. I don't know what's going on, but it's kinda crazy. Although I could find that, I couldn't find anyone else who claimed to have been contacted by someone supposedly from the 144,000.

Today I went to the store. There, I met a guy who said, "Brother! Join me and the 144,000!" I thought it was a cult, so I looked it up. It's an army that prepares Earth for the Second Coming of Christ. I don't know what's going on, but it's kinda crazy. Although I could find that, I couldn't find anyone else who claimed to have been contacted by someone supposedly from the 144,000.
Did this happen to anyone else?

Probably Jehovah's Witness. They believe that only 144,000 'the little flock' go to heaven, the rest are resurrected to go into the Millennium.

The strange part is that there is no one else like that in my town, and it has a population of only about 7,000. He looked like a punk rock dude, and had a mohawk, this is weird.

The strange part is that there is no one else like that in my town, and it has a population of only about 7,000. He looked like a punk rock dude, and had a mohawk, this is weird.
Well then, I doubt he's a JW! Probably some new kind of cult like you said. Hey, at least they're getting ready! (maybe not in the right way though)

I'm a Christian, but I barely have any free time with school.

Try and fit in some time with God were you can. God knows your situation and what you can or cannot handle. You should consider getting up just a little earlier or staying up just a little bit later to read the Bible and prayer. God gave us the Bible for wisdom and knowledge to protect us from false teachings and keep us safe from people like your newly aquanted mo-hawk friend. Do not be deceived by false teaching for Christ warned of this very subject.

Do not feel guilty because you cannot devote loads of time for God right now in your life. The Lord knows you are trying your best and preparing for your future and success can allow you to give more time for Him in the future.

God bless young lady and stay strong.

Active
@DEM0 nice judgement of someone you have never met, because one has a Mohawk. John came forth in a leather loin cloth, eating locust. I wonder what foul judgement you would have made against him. May want to check yourself.

Look,
@DEM0 nice judgement of someone you have never met, because one has a Mohawk. John came forth in a leather loin cloth, eating locust. I wonder what foul judgement you would have made against him. May want to check yourself.
Look, it's human nature to judge, I'm not saying it's right, or that I know what kind of person he is, because I don't. All I'm saying is that normally punk-rock dudes aren't the most religious type according to tradition, so I thought that was weird.

I think you missed my entire point and got offended by a simple jest I made about a particular hair style. If I said something that offends you I apologize. I only meant to give the young lady better direction. God bless.

Active
No I'm not offend. Your jest places judgement, or sterotype on someone that doesn't look "common". Atleast make righteous judgements, not according to how one looks or smells or that they can't dress in a $1000 suit, but make righteous judgement according to the Word of God.