• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Are Miracless Obsolete?

Why aren't we seeing or experiencing miracles today like those of Jesus, Paul, Peter etc?

I have a friend that has a mobile impairment from birth.

She recounted a tale to me, that on this particular day
at her church, they tried for her to walk, with prayers of faith, or so I thought.

So two persons on both her sides, eased her out of her wheelchair , and commanded her to walk.

But it didn't happen, and she told me that they said , she had little faith.

She didn't even want to go back to church.

Now gentle people, tell me what you think.

Are miracles really obsolete?

Why aren't there any modern day Paul and Peter?

Are there any?
I can answer one of your questions with a testimony of Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ!

Are miracles really obsolete? No.

The greatest miracle that happens to this day is repentance and baptism in Jesus' name, in which we receive the Holy Ghost. Hallelujah! In my own experience he has provided me with many countless miracles.

First I thank him for speaking the world into existence! Then he breathed life into me...and you, and all those with life - the giver of life, AMEN! Then he gave me a spiritual birth and adopted me into his family as his son! He surrounds me with the saints and like Christ-minded folk! He shows me that suffering in the flesh is a good thing! He has a plan for me! He loves me, our almighty all powerful creator LOVES me!! He has absolute power but he is merciful, kind, and gentle. Not a tyrant and a despot. Now he is raising me to be like his image, to be in fellowship with him!!!

He cleansed me and set me free of 18 years of alcholism - completely delivered! I have many other examples of how I acted before he saved me, this is just one that I mention.

He brought me out of the bondage of sin and grounds me with the word and the truth. He shows me how to treat my wife, my wonderful wife! He shows me how to be a loving father to my kids. He shows me correct conversation in daily business. He keeps me. He fills me and I can cry out to the One True God my heavenly Father!!! I owe him my life now, everyday I pray I lay down my life and pick up the cross and that he finishes my faith :smile:.

All of these I consider miracles! Praise God, Hallelujah Jesus Christ my Lord! All Glory to HIM on HIGH!!!

Loyal
Are miracles really obsolete?

What does Jesus say?

Mark 10:46-52 (NKJV)
46 Now they came to Jericho. As He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great multitude, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the road begging.
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
48 Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the blind man, saying to him, "Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you."
50 And throwing aside his garment, he rose and came to Jesus.
So Jesus answered and said to him, "What do you want Me to do for you?" The blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, that I may receive my sight."
Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

Mark 11:22-26 (NKJV)
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Are miracles really obsolete? NO.

But their are many reasons we do not see a miracle when we want want, one is because we want the miracle, we want healing more than we want God, more than we want Jesus. Another is have we truly repented of all our sins, and the main one is FAITH.

Over and over again when we read of the miracles Jesus says, your FAITH has healed you. So we may think we have faith, but as Jesus says it is smaller than a mustard seed, do we have faith, DO WE REALLY HAVE FAITH, does it come from our wishes for ourselves, or does it come from our hearts in total love for Jesus, without any doubt? Do we want the miracle for us or do we want God to be glorified as a result of the miracle.

Faith from the person is important, but faith from those praying is also very important.

Proverbs 3:5-7 (NKJV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Miracles still happen sister. Jesus is alive and reigns forever.

Peace be with you \o/

Loyal
when I was in the world I had a disease Ulcerative colitis, it really was starting to effect me very badly, as I seeked God more and more, and changed to a different business that relied on my physical well being in order to to do my job, some how this disease pretty much vanished. There is no cure for this disease that I am aware of. Some may call it a coincidence , but the way I see it, is I have been given another chance to honor God with my business (really his business I just run it for him) and great health he has given me, Praise Jesus.

Is it not a miracle to take a breath of air and keep living ? I mean try that if you were in outer space wouldn't you die.

Is it not a miracle when God gives a sinner a new heart, and that person can not longer stand the things of the world, they used to love??

I think we see so many miracles around us everyday we just take them for granted,

I have been called and identified as many things. 'Lukewarm' was never one of them. How do you come by this statement? What is the thermometer you are using to gauge?

Quantrill

I feel you're hate towards me, to me it is apparent.
If you must know I was drunk that night & commented on the completely wrong post, and it wasn't aimed at you.
It was a fault on my part. I go through the shame of being a mentally ill alcoholic daily.
It wasn't aimed at you. Is your post a backhanded dig at me? I deserve it.. But I have bigger things to be dealing with to acknowledge your issues with me, weather I address you or not.
Hope you are having a blissful weekend.

Loyal
when I was in the world I had a disease Ulcerative colitis, it really was starting to effect me very badly, as I seeked God more and more, and changed to a different business that relied on my physical well being in order to to do my job, some how this disease pretty much vanished. There is no cure for this disease that I am aware of. Some may call it a coincidence , but the way I see it, is I have been given another chance to honor God with my business (really his business I just run it for him) and great health he has given me, Praise Jesus.

Is it not a miracle to take a breath of air and keep living ? I mean try that if you were in outer space wouldn't you die.

Is it not a miracle when God gives a sinner a new heart, and that person can not longer stand the things of the world, they used to love??

I think we see so many miracles around us everyday we just take them for granted,

Some may call it coincidence brother, my wife and myself smile at each other at these things, we call them God- incidents \o/

Regarding your business, by giving everything to God and working for Him, we saw miracles happen, we really did.

God does give us 2nd chances, over and over again. We would have disowned people for much less but he knows the flesh is weak, and he forgives us again and again.

Bless you. \o/

Active
If you must know I was drunk that night & commented on the completely wrong post, and it wasn't aimed at you.
It was a fault on my part. I go through the shame of being a mentally ill alcoholic daily.
It wasn't aimed at you. Is your post a backhanded dig at me? I deserve it.. But I have bigger things to be dealing with to acknowledge your issues with me, weather I address you or not.

A good rule of thumb....After more than a couple of drinks...stay away from the computer.

Quantrill

Staff Member
I can answer one of your questions with a testimony of Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ!

Are miracles really obsolete? No.

The greatest miracle that happens to this day is repentance and baptism in Jesus' name, in which we receive the Holy Ghost. Hallelujah! In my own experience he has provided me with many countless miracles.

First I thank him for speaking the world into existence! Then he breathed life into me...and you, and all those with life - the giver of life, AMEN! Then he gave me a spiritual birth and adopted me into his family as his son! He surrounds me with the saints and like Christ-minded folk! He shows me that suffering in the flesh is a good thing! He has a plan for me! He loves me, our almighty all powerful creator LOVES me!! He has absolute power but he is merciful, kind, and gentle. Not a tyrant and a despot. Now he is raising me to be like his image, to be in fellowship with him!!!

He cleansed me and set me free of 18 years of alcholism - completely delivered! I have many other examples of how I acted before he saved me, this is just one that I mention.

He brought me out of the bondage of sin and grounds me with the word and the truth. He shows me how to treat my wife, my wonderful wife! He shows me how to be a loving father to my kids. He shows me correct conversation in daily business. He keeps me. He fills me and I can cry out to the One True God my heavenly Father!!! I owe him my life now, everyday I pray I lay down my life and pick up the cross and that he finishes my faith :smile:.

All of these I consider miracles! Praise God, Hallelujah Jesus Christ my Lord! All Glory to HIM on HIGH!!!

PRAISE THE LORD !!!

O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever

Psalm 107:1

Active
Get drunk in the Spirit. You will make profound statements not embarrassing ones. :smile: