• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Great article for there are some on "TalkJesus" are wearing garments such as these.

Loyal
That is certainly true in some cases, but often it is because the preachers are hypocrites and because of that, their witness is tarnished, and sadly many people think they are all like that, but that some are simply more careful to not let the hypocrisy show. The best you can do when being a preacher or a prophet (which is actually a bit different), is to dont be a hypocrite, but if you do fall short sometimes, admit it, instead of hiding it. The truth sets us free.

The issue I usually have with pastors is their inability to live real lives... understand what it's like to hold a real job with a jerk of a boss...
Have real hobbies...but also love scriptures and scholarship of them too.
From the pastor who wears nice suits in the pulpit to the one wearing expensive plaid, flannel shirts and blue jeans with a $100 haircut and a beauty queen wife buzzing around nearby...they kinda miss the point.
How can these "pretty people" know anything about the struggles and trials I face?

I don't need someone whose life has been so involved with sin that they have been scarred by it either.

Just a normal guy with an incredible relationship with God is who I'm looking for. Someone who isn't scared of destroying their manicure with real work... someone who knows intimately the lure of sin begetting even more sin and "impossible" situations but has struggled to get to doing what is right. A pastor who isn't a drunk but knows all about beer.

That's the kind of pastor I would follow.

People do not like being told what to do.

People are scared to square off with someone with training, education and men to back him up.

I suspect it is also the way some pastors come across or talk to people.

Almost every Church denomination started hospitals and helped people but it becomes costly and has stopped to some degree..

Now unless you are a church member, you are not really a church member in violation of:

I believe if I am a Christian, I'm already a member. You don't join a church. You are born into it.
But if you are treated like you are not a brother because you don't belong to a church, you can see what I mean.
I was visiting a church and my car broke down in the dead of winter in a dangerous area so I walked the rest of the way in the cold and no one helped me after the service because everyone is so fearful of one another.

Who is your neighbor and are you supposed to love them?

Our pastor said our church should be more welcoming and he did a sermon on fair weather friends. When we complained, they didn't get it and spoke against us even though I went to them with kid gloves, didn't call them names or attack or label them and I went to them privately. It becomes "good them" and "bad us".

The way it works is that Churches are private property and if they don't like you, you are trespassing once they ask you to leave. They have ownership of the church and it isn't a place of prayer for all nations. You are not allowed to protest on private property because we don't own God's kingdom but they do. There is no group repentance of confessing your sins to one another so you can't complain.

Society is not set up the way the Bible works or to help good Christians stand for their church.

Loyal
I am glad I was reminded of my own "Thread' and my 1st post I posted there! The Power of GOD's Holy Ghost empowered my being it felt like my chest was going explode and to tear into! "Stretch beyond measures"! i thought i was not going to make it to the end of the read. LOL! . Growing in "Christ Jesus"! Powerful, and Powerful Powerful! does this new creature grows within us! it reminds me of a "Spiltting of a Adam"! Can you imagine "The Power of GOD" raising you from the Grave, Now imagine all of us at the same time! You are talking about REAL POWER! At the Rapture, it will not be a "Secret"! "When the Dead in Christ raise"!

Loyal
And not only will it shake the Earth, It will shake The Heavens! As The Thunder cracks the skies and Penetrates deep into The Earth! The Dead In Christ will raise 1st! and we will meet in the sky!:grinning:

(1Thess 4),BSB
16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

I don't see Nothing "Secret" about it! It is going to be so loud, it is going to wake up the Dead!