• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Discussion on Homosexuality and other varients.

Loyal
It is important to remember, I think, that the LGBT+ includes more lost souls than saved ones, they live worldly ways, like Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Pride had a weekend parade at Brighton on the south coast in the UK, lots of other areas also but I take this from a recent news item, the authorities were astounded by their sheer selfishness, the beach was left literally covered with beer cans, balloons, laughing gas canisters and more. Over 150 bags of rubbish was collected from the beach alone, balloons that would get into the sea had the tide come in and ended up in fish etc. They confirmed they had never seen so many laughing gas canisters in one place, these would have also ended up in the sea along with the beer cans and other items they just threw on the ground and left. How sad if they have to have laughing gas to make them laugh, or make them appear happy people.

But amongst these people are also saved souls that have falling for the lies, lusted for others of their own sex and refuse to accept scripture, sinning and continuing to sin.

So I feel that although scripture is God breathed for all mankind, there are many who know not God, know not the Lord Jesus and don't want to know Him. The devil is their father but they don't accept the devil either. So a believer may know the verse you mention and choose to ignore it, but there are others who don't. Many believe this life is it, so they say enjoy it now, their idea of enjoyment is have parties, get drunk, have sex with anyone, this is what we do, this is what our generation does.

Rom 1:32 They know God has said that anyone who acts this way deserves to die. But they keep on doing evil things, and they even encourage others to do them. (CEV)

Not all know God brother, not all know what God has said, but they are like any none believer quick to pick up on certain scriptural items that others use to fit their purpose.

Peace be with you.
The Lord God told the prophet, Jonah, to go to Ninevah, and prophesy against it because of their evil. (Jonah 1:1-3) Jonah did not go until later after the Lord had caused a very large fish to swallow him up then, spit him up onto dry land. (Jonah 1:17)(Jonah 2:10)

Jonah knew the city was doing wickedness, and he really wanted them to be destroyed. After finally getting to Nineah he said....

Jon 3:1 Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying,
Jon 3:2 “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it the message that I tell you.

Jon 3:4 After walking for a day, Jonah warned the people, "Forty days from now, Nineveh will be destroyed!" (CEV)

Ninevah repented and the Lord changed his mind to not destroy the city of 120,000 people.

Jonah was very very angry because the Lord spared the city!! (Jonah 4:1-2)

The reason why Jonah did not want to prophesy against Ninevah was that he knew the Lord would spare them if they repented.

Love always at all times speaks the truth to everyone even if it is not popular, or a message that does not bring peace to its hearers!

If Jonah never went to Ninevah the city would probably have been destroyed!

If we the Church never tell those who practice wickedness the error of their ways what good are we? Do we just say, "Your OK God understands your feelings?" Or should we say "I will pray for you", just to get out from having to tell them the truth?

Loyal
Yes, and in a loving, concerned way. Bashing a person over their head with the Bible -- Might not accomplish much. Isn't the goal to reach their heart?

Loyal
Yes, and in a loving, concerned way. Bashing a person over their head with the Bible -- Might not accomplish much. Isn't the goal to reach their heart?
Jonah telling the city of Ninevah it was going to be destroyed in 40 days did not sound polite, and in love to their ears, yet his words were love in action that caused them to repent!

Loyal
Isn't the goal to reach their heart?

Sometimes this works. Sometimes this doesn't. It isn't a one size fits all.

Matt 10:14; "Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.
Mark 6:11; "Any place that does not receive you or listen to you, as you go out from there, shake the dust off the soles of your feet for a testimony against them."
Luke 9:5; "And as for those who do not receive you, as you go out from that city, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Luke 10:11; 'Even the dust of your city which clings to our feet we wipe off in protest against you; yet be sure of this, that the kingdom of God has come near.'

Acts 13:51; But they shook off the dust of their feet in protest against them and went to Iconium.

It's our job to share the gospel, but it isn't our job to make people accept it.

Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Jesus didn't apologize to anyone. He didn't "beg" the Pharisees to come to Him.
If they come, that's great. If they don't.. that's between them and God. We can't waste our time on unfruitful fields.

Loyal
Curtis -- Jonah was a prophet sent by God to warn the people about what would happen in 40 days if they didn't repent. Jonah was running from God -- he did not want to warn those people -- God turned him around and Then he was 'willing' to go to the people. If you'll read that episode again -- I just did -- Jonah Did obey the 2nd time God told him to go -- and the people Did repent but Jonah was Mad at God for saving their lives. Jonah Wanted those people to Suffer because of their wickedness. Does That Really sound like 'love in actions on Jonah's part? He didn't want God's graciousness and patients to be extended to Them.

Haven't there been times when a hardened criminal is caught and found guilty and sentenced to life in prison or execution. THEN someone is able to lead that criminal to Christ and 'that' blows our minds. Cause if Anyone Deserves to spend eternity in Hell it's That guy. But, nope -- we 'get to spend eternity in Heaven with him'. But the wonderful guy or woman who's been doing all sorts of wonderfull things all their lives -- ends up in Hell. And 'just' because she/ he did Not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. And we think -- of all the injustices in this world. But -- salvation is not based on a life-time of 'good works'.

Loyal
The goal is to reach their hearts

We should tell them what they do is a sin, and give it to the Lord in prayer.

We make clear the wrongs in a loving way but, the goal is for the Holy Spirit to convict them of their sin.

In His Love

Bless you

Loyal
Sometimes this works. Sometimes this doesn't. It isn't a one size fits all.

True brother, but that is surely not for us to decide, we confirm the sin to the sinner, if we can, in a loving way, we pray to God through Jesus and leave God to deal with it. Man cannot change hearts, it is the Spirit that convicts us of our sins.

God calls us we do not call him, but many no doubt pray for the lost souls salvation first. Laying our prayers at the Lord's feet in faith.

Bless you

Peace be with you

Loyal
Curtis -- Jonah was a prophet sent by God to warn the people about what would happen in 40 days if they didn't repent. Jonah was running from God -- he did not want to warn those people -- God turned him around and Then he was 'willing' to go to the people. If you'll read that episode again -- I just did -- Jonah Did obey the 2nd time God told him to go -- and the people Did repent but Jonah was Mad at God for saving their lives. Jonah Wanted those people to Suffer because of their wickedness. Does That Really sound like 'love in actions on Jonah's part? He didn't want God's graciousness and patients to be extended to Them.

Haven't there been times when a hardened criminal is caught and found guilty and sentenced to life in prison or execution. THEN someone is able to lead that criminal to Christ and 'that' blows our minds. Cause if Anyone Deserves to spend eternity in Hell it's That guy. But, nope -- we 'get to spend eternity in Heaven with him'. But the wonderful guy or woman who's been doing all sorts of wonderfull things all their lives -- ends up in Hell. And 'just' because she/ he did Not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. And we think -- of all the injustices in this world. But -- salvation is not based on a life-time of 'good works'.
What would you say turned Jonah around to eventually go to Ninevah?
You are not getting the love in action part it was not that he did not go, but that he did go to deliver a report that was not to their liking! That was love in action. Jonah himself was not the love in action, it was God's word that he told Jonah to say! If we say nothing we would be just like Jonah when he did not want to go!

Loyal
Curtis -- God Told Jonah the 2nd time and That time he agreed -- he still didn't Want to go -- he went because God told him to.

He didn't want the people to repent -- he wanted them to be punished. If THAT is 'love in action' oh my goodness.

he went to those people Grudgingly. His Heart was Not in it.

Loyal
Curtis -- God Told Jonah the 2nd time and That time he agreed -- he still didn't Want to go -- he went because God told him to.

He didn't want the people to repent -- he wanted them to be punished. If THAT is 'love in action' oh my goodness.

he went to those people Grudgingly. His Heart was Not in it.
@Sue D. You are still not getting it. The "works of faith" is what God does through people not what people do. Faith works by "love" (God is love) (Gal 5:6) It was never Jonah that caused the city of Ninevah to repent, it was God's word who is God! The Lord just used Jonah to speak through.

Loyal
Okay -- Whatever. Guess I'm Still not getting it. But Scripture says it happened the way it happened.

Loyal
Maybe we should be sharing the Gospel unto salvation with Everyone. Godly standards -- not our own.

Loyal
Maybe we should be sharing the Gospel unto salvation with Everyone. Godly standards -- not our own.
@Sue D. The Gospel of salvation was exactly what Jonah prophesied, it was not his own! He said.....

"Forty days from now, Nineveh will be destroyed!"

That was not a happy message to Ninevah, but it caused them to repent!

This is a highly debated topic within Christians, but if you know anything about scripture you would know sexuality is god's invention and his idea of sexuality is this. "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. " Ephesians 5:31 So basically a man leaves his mother and father, marry his wife and have a child. Its also pointed out that your not allowed to go against this. In
Leviticus 18:6-18
This entire chapter is focus on listing every abomination of sexuality, mostly including family relations. "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22

So clearly the bible goes against it, however a lot of "LGBT FRIENDLY" churches and ministries have been popping up and it seems like this is not a push to tolerate but a push of acceptance. The bible says you come to god as you are to get saved so gay people should be allowed in church, but accepting them for who they are is WRONG. The whole point of jesus on the cross is so we can SAVE people from sin, not live in it. A man can steal but he knows its wrong and regrets it. A thief steals and does not care or regret it.

I would like to here y'all thoughts since a lot of people cherry pick love verses in the bible to justify perverting sexuality.
That community is missing the I. Once they institute the (I) then their sexual agenda will be complete, and the family will be no more.

Loyal
So clearly the bible goes against it, however a lot of "LGBT FRIENDLY" churches and ministries have been popping up and it seems like this is not a push to tolerate but a push of acceptance.

Birds of a feather flock together.

They believe what they tell each other, they convince one another, they convince those who are unsure. It shows all the trade marks of deceiver of souls.

Selective reading, selective teaching, always leads to false teaching/fake teaching.

You are right it is a push for others to accept their ways and their beliefs.

They are blinded from the Truth through their sins.

Active

Yes I was just thinking about Jona. He didn't care one bit about them. He was asleep and the ones who worshipped other gods, had to wake him up to go pray.

Active
@Sue D. The Gospel of salvation was exactly what Jonah prophesied, it was not his own! He said.....

"Forty days from now, Nineveh will be destroyed!"

That was not a happy message to Ninevah, but it caused them to repent!
Yes well you can't really make this message any cuter, but at least show some compassion. One pastor got saved, because a woman came in his house and he wanted nothing to do w God. She started crying. He said he thought: she's not my wife, she's not my fiancee. Why is she crying? Then he got saved.