• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

52 Percent of Evangelical Churchgoers Reject Absolute Moral Truth

Staff Member
Since we normally look at things from the experiences we know, and mine has been that the church I attend adheres to Scripture in their teachings. So, reading that topics or subjects that communicate the Church in general is sliding or has slide from Biblical truth is hard to accept. However, in reading this article, if true, then may God have mercy on those churches/individuals who have so moved from accepting Biblical truth over ones own desires/beliefs.

Much prayer is needed.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

I'm shocked at the poll.
Maybe they didn't do it right.

Where I'll agree that people are sinners and continue to make mistakes...I don't see this as what they desire.

This poll must not reflect those who regularly attend but only "occasionally" attend church. (Christmas and Easter)

There's no one that I know of that believes any of those things that the poll shows.

Loyal
This poll must not reflect those who regularly attend but only "occasionally" attend church. (Christmas and Easter)

There's no one that I know of that believes any of those things that the poll shows.

There is "church" and then there is church.

I regularly drive past a church that has 100's of cars with bumper stickers that say "I'm a Christian that believes in Gay Marriage". I've never attended this church, but I'm told they preach on it from time to time.
I did attend an ELCA (Lutheran) church in Minnesota for a short while, there was going to be a "Jesus / Traditional Marriage rally" in that town, I asked if I could announce it, I was told I could only announce it
if I also announced the "Gay Pride rally" not far away.
I was living in Washington state when the "Gay Marriage" bill passed, they were the first state to support this. 192 clergy in the state signed this petition.

Sin, repentance, hell are things not taught in churches anymore. All we teach is God is love and anything goes.

The Anglican/Episcopalian church has supported gay/lesbian glergy and gay marriage for several years now. The United Methodist did for many years, but is now "starting" to consider breaking away from it.
The Lutheran ELCA synod also supports gay clergy and gay marriage. The RCC church has swayed back and forth. Pope Francis once agreed with it, but now the RCC says they are officially against it.
However there are many gay/lesbian clergy active in the RCC church.

Some people look at these churches and say "see God loves us all, just the way we are, why can't your legalistic/judgmental church be like that?"

I've debated with at least 6 or 7 people over the years right here on TalkJesus, that believe "marriage is just a man-made institution, the Bible doesn't support it". A couple have since changed their minds, but most do not.

Nancy Pelosi says she is a Christian, but she believes in abortion, gay rights, and government controlled church. She has even supported bills that reduce sentencing for pedophiles.

Last edited:
Staff Member
I'm shocked at the poll.

Where I'll agree that people are sinners and continue to make mistakes...I don't see this as what they desire.

Dear JohnDB,
You'd be surprised how many there are that do believe as this pole shows, that are right under our noses! I say this because if you're like me, we don't bounce from church to church to church. Rather we attend one specific one, and see the Godliness in the preaching and teaching in it. So, in a way we assume that either because its not advertised out front, it must be the same as ours, at least mostly, except for a few minor doctrinal points. Brother BAC mentioned some that are prevalent here in the USA, that if you were to pass by them, except for as was mentioned a Bumper Sticker, you'd probably couldn't tell their Worldly leanings.

A few years ago, there was a gathering that was going to be held in the Mall in Washington D.C. for marriage. Getting involved in my small sort of way, I decided to send e-mails to all the churches in my state advertising this gathering. Most never replied, some thanked me, while a couple actually sent me replies stating how hateful I was in sending out this e-mail! All because this gathering was in support of marriage! Understand that the e-mail was only informative, with some scripture on why we should think about support this type of endeavor.

Part of the problem one can say is a lack of knowledge. One can blame the individual churches, pastors, ministry leadership, etc. but ultimately it's the responsibility of each person to study Scripture, and to weigh what they are hearing against the Word of God. I'd rather the person assume its wrong, and test it; instead of just believing what they are hearing is right and never check to see the validity of what they hear/read. That is why online Forums like Talk Jesus can be helpful to the Body of Christ. It provides individuals the ability to ask others, fact check what they've heard with others, and to the better of each of us, by sharpening ourselves by doing the necessary research, with Holy Spirit guidance, to know what God wants us to know according to Scripture.

Here's a little further breakdown of the survey, from which the article was taken, which might be of interest to some.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
There is "church" and then there is church.

I regularly drive past a church that has 100's of cars with bumper stickers that say "I'm a Christian that believes in Gay Marriage". I've never attended this church, but I'm told they preach on it from time to time.
I did attend an ELCA (Lutheran) church in Minnesota for a short while, there was going to be a "Jesus / Traditional Marriage rally" in that town, I asked if I could announce it, I was told I could only announce it
if I also announced the "Gay Pride rally" not far away.
I was living in Washington state when the "Gay Marriage" bill passed, they were the first state to support this. 192 clergy in the state signed this petition.

Sin, repentance, hell are things not taught in churches anymore. All we teach is God is love and anything goes.

The Anglican/Episcopalian church has supported gay/lesbian glergy and gay marriage for several years now. The United Methodist did for many years, but is now "starting" to consider breaking away from it.
The Lutheran ELCA synod also supports gay clergy and gay marriage. The RCC church has swayed back and forth. Pope Francis once agreed with it, but now the RCC says they are officially against it.
However there are many gay/lesbian clergy active in the RCC church.

Some people look at these churches and say "see God loves us all, just the way we are, why can't your legalistic/judgmental church be like that?"

I've debated with at least 6 or 7 people over the years right here on TalkJesus, that believe "marriage is just a man-made institution, the Bible doesn't support it". A couple have since changed their minds, but most do not.

Nancy Pelosi says she is a Christian, but she believes in abortion, gay rights, and government controlled church. She has even supported bills that reduce sentencing for pedophiles.
Still I think it is high percentage, because they have become the "Ambassadors" of the message of their church to spread through out their "communities".
Their church is producing this kind of fruit, that will bear the same kind of fruit.

The survey also found that among evangelical churchgoers:
  • 43 percent believe Jesus sinned.
  • 43 percent do not believe that there is a common, God-given purpose to humanity.
  • 42 percent seek moral guidance primarily from sources other than the Bible.
A news release from the Cultural Research Center (CRC) at Arizona Christian University called the results “alarming for evangelicalism.”

Loyal
Dear JohnDB,
You'd be surprised how many there are that do believe as this pole shows, that are right under our noses! I say this because if you're like me, we don't bounce from church to church to church. Rather we attend one specific one, and see the Godliness in the preaching and teaching in it. So, in a way we assume that either because its not advertised out front, it must be the same as ours, at least mostly, except for a few minor doctrinal points. Brother BAC mentioned some that are prevalent here in the USA, that if you were to pass by them, except for as was mentioned a Bumper Sticker, you'd probably couldn't tell their Worldly leanings.

A few years ago, there was a gathering that was going to be held in the Mall in Washington D.C. for marriage. Getting involved in my small sort of way, I decided to send e-mails to all the churches in my state advertising this gathering. Most never replied, some thanked me, while a couple actually sent me replies stating how hateful I was in sending out this e-mail! All because this gathering was in support of marriage! Understand that the e-mail was only informative, with some scripture on why we should think about support this type of endeavor.

Part of the problem one can say is a lack of knowledge. One can blame the individual churches, pastors, ministry leadership, etc. but ultimately it's the responsibility of each person to study Scripture, and to weigh what they are hearing against the Word of God. I'd rather the person assume its wrong, and test it; instead of just believing what they are hearing is right and never check to see the validity of what they hear/read. That is why online Forums like Talk Jesus can be helpful to the Body of Christ. It provides individuals the ability to ask others, fact check what they've heard with others, and to the better of each of us, by sharpening ourselves by doing the necessary research, with Holy Spirit guidance, to know what God wants us to know according to Scripture.

Here's a little further breakdown of the survey, from which the article was taken, which might be of interest to some.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Sounds like a "New One World Order" in a place we did not expect it to be, Raising up out of The Earth another Crown of Power!

Loyal
Sounds like a falling away as well!
And a "LOT More"! Like the "Hoover Dam" having a lot of round holes in it. And the adminstration is saying it will be all right. But you are living in the valley, and they are up on the hill.

Staff Member
And a "LOT More"! Like the "Hoover Dam" having a lot of round holes in it. And the adminstration is saying it will be all right. But you are living in the valley, and they are up on the hill.
Their faulty belief, is that the hill is going to save them!

Loyal
If I may add a thought -- 52% don't But 48 % DO. That's Almost a 50/50 split. Considering the day / age we are living in. Well -- there's Still a Lot of hope.

Loyal
I'm shocked at the poll.

This poll must not reflect those who regularly attend but only "occasionally" attend church. (Christmas and Easter

You need to get out more often, You are to close to the house, :eyes: I have been speaking on this for over 30 years, and it has been growing like wild weeds in a "Prairie Storm" and gathering like a Bramblebush. For there are many in the true church of God, have been like the Protagonist in the story "Rip Van Winkle" who slept through a 'Revolutionary War" for 20 years. When he got home : his wife was dead, his children was grown, and "George Washington's" picture hangs in the place of "King George II".

That is one of the reason, the "Holy Scripture" has a quote "wake up thou that sleepest" and that is why it is said do not forsake to "assembly yourselves to gather" The Church of God is bigger than our local assemblies, we are "worldwide" what effects one effects all! We are One BODY! And GOD has provided a way to close that gap. It is not by horseback, or the Postman, neither by the "Pigeons that fly by the air" But it has taken flight by a "Invisible" type of "pneumatic power", and have given the "proclamation power of the "Gospel of Jesus Christ' that the common man may carry this message all over this world. And The Ordaination by a institute or a man is not needed!

God has also given us this gift, that we may know the Truth, how it is across this World and the Temperature of Our Faith, No need for 70 million dollars, "Golf Stream" Jets to cross the airwaves and the oceans by unscruplous "Ministers, Pastors or Evangelists" and If "The Spirit" of The Living God can move across "The Face of The Deep" I know it can "Hop a Ride off of "The Internet" with no problem, If people were healed in the Bible by letters from Apostle Paul. and Handkerchiets, and by just a "shadow" cast by their bodies. The "Spirit of The Living God" that resides in "Your Bodies" can float through a modem too!:p

"for with the things of men , things are impossible, but with God, all things are possible":joy:

If we think our church the local church is it, as a lonewolf, we have cease to be The Church that Christ is building, Our Temperature" is not The Temperature of "The Body Of Christ" we need to drop that Name "Church" it is so mis leading! And change our only identity, That is the "Sons of GOD"! and they come in the form of "Males and Females" Just like The Angels of GOD! "Seraphims and Cherubims" For there is neither Males or female "In Christ". but they do have different commands and roles!

So let us consider what is happening in this world by The Light of "Holy Scripture"!,,, WE are living in the Great Falling away of Christians from the Truth of The Bible, Just how ,God has declared it to be! And it will come to pass! for it has Been Ordain by God! "And Peter you say the things of A Man and Not GOD" I will die a violent death from the Hands of mankind. For " My Father has Ordain it to be"! For men will grow worst. and cannot be stop or slowed down, for it is "The WILL of Our GOD" For it to Be.

So let us rejoice as we are commanded to do so, knowing He is drawing near.
And warn The World of His Wrath to Come.

(Matthew 3)
7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance: 9and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 10And even now the axe lieth at the root of the trees: every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

11I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance, but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire: 12whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing-floor; and he [Jesus] will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire.

Do you tell them, this also
About "Jesus Christ" what He is Going to Do! Or do you hide hide This "TRUTH"! Partial in Your Presentation of 'The Gospel of Jesus Christ" We are commanded to Present the Whole Counsel of Jesus Christ our LORD! If your are the slave of The Lord, why don't you do everything that he commands? But You Call Him LORD, LORD and He said Why call me Lord, Lord and do noting I say?

Shalom, and remember the 7th day of the week and keep it Holy and let no man judge you in it.:relieved:

Last edited by a moderator: