• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

1Co 2:7 Is It Still Hidden From The Eyes of Most?

Active
1 Co 2:7 "No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God - his PLAN that was previously hidden, even though he made it for OUR ultimate glory before
the world began
." NLT.

Titus 1:2-3 "In hope of eternal life, that God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested His word(PLAN) through preaching,..."

Is this a trip to heaven? Is this a life eternal as a man? Is this an adoption as a son who is exactly like his elder brother the King of kings? What is the Mystery of God?
Just what is this secluded sacred secret that God planned before the world was made for OUR ultimate glory?

Active
1 Co 11:12 " For although the first woman came from man, every other man was born from a woman, and EVERYTHING COMES FROM GOD."

John 16:26-27 "At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because you have
loved me, and have believed that I came out from God."

First question should be who did not come out from the Father according to these 2 scriptures? And if ALL came out from God 1Co 2:7 implies we were there
with God before the world began, and the promise of eternal life as autonomous sons of God was made to us before the world was formed. Titus 1:2
Jesus is our example that the promise made to us is true and that God is more than capable of fulfilling his promise.

Every spirit of man comes from the Father and that spirit is feminine as was Eve who came from Adam. Then she is capable of reproducing her husband if she receives
his seed. The same thing can be said of both Jesus and us. He received life within himself, spiritually, at his baptism in the Holy Ghost at Jordan, we receive the exact
same baptism in the Holy Ghost and life is imputed unto us at that moment and we are then spiritually begotten sons of our Father just as Jesus. All resulting in sons
that came from feminine spirits.
Man gives life to woman, then from then on woman gives life to man once she has conceived. Reflect on that spiritually as you and Jesus came out from God(male)
and are feminine. Once you conceive to the Holy Spirit you have become a new creature just like Jesus as a spiritually begotten son of God.

Romans 4:24-25 "But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed(Jesus' righteousness), if we believe on him(God) that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification."

John 1:12 "To as many as received him, gave he them power to become the sons of God....."
Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."
When taken together these 2 verses speak of us as children of God but yet lacking, in that we have not become sons of God until after we have been quickened,
received life within us from the risen Lord Jesus.
Though the woman has the egg within her she cannot produce a child until she has received the seed of life as well.

What is Christ? Is it not a many membered body and not just Jesus Christ the Head of the body? Then what makes up the corporate body of Christ? The many
sons of God who are the firstborn from the dead who have received the righteousness of Jesus and have been matured into the same image as Jesus who is
the image of God.

Active
1 Co 2:7 "No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God - his PLAN that was previously hidden, even though he made it for OUR ultimate glory before
the world began
." NLT.

Titus 1:2-3 "In hope of eternal life, that God, who cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested His word(PLAN) through preaching,..."

Is this a trip to heaven? Is this a life eternal as a man? Is this an adoption as a son who is exactly like his elder brother the King of kings? What is the Mystery of God?
Just what is this secluded sacred secret that God planned before the world was made for OUR ultimate glory?

It's called the "Gospel" and specifically is Jesus providing by His death on Calvary the PERFECT SIN OFFERING that CLEANSES humans from their SIN, and makes them perfect in the sight of God. It was promised to man in Genesis, and PROVIDED on the cross, after which sinful MAN, could be infilled by the Holy SPirit, and mature in Christ as practicing Christians.

MOST humans still don't have a clue about what it means. ONLY Born Again Christians understand, and live in it

Active
It's called the "Gospel" and specifically is Jesus providing by His death on Calvary the PERFECT SIN OFFERING that CLEANSES humans from their SIN, and makes them perfect in the sight of God.
You say this then say

Since I'm not a "Universalist", this discussion is over. I see no room in scripture for more than TWO categories of people. there are the SAVED (Born again), and there are the LOST (Who rejected/neglected salvation).

Last time I looked your salvation was a gift ,according to election, that was paid for by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and there was nothing that you could do to earn it.
And if you can't earn it because of no man can boast, then why must those who somehow rejected the free gift, they never knew existed, end up in eternal torment?
In light of your saying that the perfect SIN OFFERING was made and accepted and cleanses humans from their sin and makes them perfect in the sight of God.

Did the sacrifice of the Son of God (Jesus) cleanse the entire human race of sin that leads to death or just the elect?

Active
JUST the ones (Elect) who Came to God in FAITH the the SIN OFFERING of Jesus cleansed them from all sin.

Faith is a gift from God that is required before a man can even believe that God raised Jesus from the dead for our sins.
Eph 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it (faith) is the gift of God."

Romans 5:18 "Therefore, as through one mans (Adams) offense judgement came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even so by one Mans (Jesus') righteous act the
free gift came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life."

In each of these situations did you do anything to deserve condemnation or justification? NO

1Co 15:21 "So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man." NLT
"For since by man came death, by man also came the resurrection of the dead." KJV

1 Co 15:22 "For as in Adam ALL die, so also in Christ ALL will be made alive." This fits perfectly with Romans 5:18
"For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive." KJV

1 Co 15:23 But each in his own order.......NKJV
But every man in his own order.......KJV
But there is an order to this resurrection.......NLT
But each in turn..............................NIV

The only real question is when is each man called to begin the resurrection process that brings EACH back to the Father as a son who obeys and honors the Father
and his only begotten Son. For life eternal is to know both the only TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ who was sent by God. And justification unto life was given to ALL
as a free gift according to Romans 5:18.

Active
In each of these situations did you do anything to deserve condemnation or justification?

Justification, of course not. Condemnation, ABSOLUTELY. just like YOU, I SINNED, and easily EARNED condemnation and rejection. ALL HUMANITY, in fact, through their own actions have earned condemnation.

Active
Justification, of course not. Condemnation, ABSOLUTELY. just like YOU, I SINNED, and easily EARNED condemnation and rejection. ALL HUMANITY, in fact, through their own actions have earned condemnation.

You must have missed this verse. They were born into the condemnation so what would you expect from them being separated from God by God?

Romans 5:18 "Therefore, as through one mans (Adams) offense judgement came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even so by one Mans (Jesus') righteous act the
free gift came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life."

Loyal
So Satan has nothing to do with it then?

The Bible speaks of "the flesh". We are perfectly capable of sinning without Satan's help.
Here is a small sampling.

Rom 7:5; For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.
Rom 7:14; For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
Rom 7:18; For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
Rom 7:25; Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Rom 8:3; For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4; so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:5; For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6; For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
Rom 8:7; because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
Rom 8:8; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9; However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
Rom 8:12; So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—
Rom 8:13; for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

The only thing Satan can do to believers (as far as sin goes) is tempt us to sin.

Matt 4:3; And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
1Thes 3:5; For this reason, when I could endure it no longer, I also sent to find out about your faith, for fear that the tempter might have tempted you, and our labor would be in vain.
Luke 22:31; "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

Jas 1:13; Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.
Jas 1:14; But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
Jas 1:15; Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

Gal 5:19; Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:16; But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
Gal 5:17; For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Active
The Bible speaks of "the flesh". We are perfectly capable of sinning without Satan's help.

Rom 7:5; For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.
Rom 7:14; For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
Rom 7:18; For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
Rom 7:25; Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.
Rom 8:3; For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
Rom 8:4; so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:5; For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6; For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
Rom 8:7; because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
Rom 8:9; However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
Rom 8:12; So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh—
Rom 8:13; for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

The only thing Satan can do to believers (as far as sin goes) is tempt us to sin.

Matt 4:3; And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
1Thes 3:5; For this reason, when I could endure it no longer, I also sent to find out about your faith, for fear that the tempter might have tempted you, and our labor would be in vain.
Luke 22:31; "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat;

Jas 1:13; Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.
Jas 1:14; But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
Jas 1:15; Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

Gal 5:19; Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:16; But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
Gal 5:17; For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Hi B.A.C., You quote from Romans and miss out the relevant verses. We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is , it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is the sin living in me who does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Praise be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord! You speak as though we have to overcome our sin in our own strength. Paul says we need to be rescued. I am bemused that you left that part out of your summation.

Active
the world began
." NLT.

Colossians 1:26-27

Active
Colossians 1:26-27

Great answer. ...........and this is the secret that Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.
And his glory is what? All power in heaven and earth were given to him, as well as life within himself (autonomy), though he is in the Father and the Father in him,
and that he will forever be a God, though he be the Son of the One True God. A righteous King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is a life giving Spirit, what shall we become?

Active
Great answer. ...........and this is the secret that Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.
And his glory is what? All power in heaven and earth were given to him, as well as life within himself (autonomy), though he is in the Father and the Father in him,
and that he will forever be a God, though he be the Son of the One True God. A righteous King of kings, and Lord of lords. He is a life giving Spirit, what shall we become?
If one can only grasp what He has done and offered , everything pales in comparison...and the beauty of it all we don't deserve it and can't do anything , it is all a gift and then we share all of his inheritance..
I guess that is why it is called Heaven!