• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

10 Prophecies Fulfilled in 1948

Administrator
Staff Member
These 10 Bible prophecies were fulfilled in 1948 when Israel became an independent, united nation for the second time in history, and for the first time in 2,900 years.

1. Jacob's descendants would regain control of Israel
Bible passage: Amos 9:14-15
Written: about 750 BC
Fulfilled: Since 1948

In Amos 9:14-15, the prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again. Amos lived about 2700 years ago, during a time when the people of Israel were being forced out of their homeland by a succession of foreign invasions. Despite many centuries of exile, many Jews returned to Israel and reclaimed sovereignty over a portion of their ancient homeland. This declaration of independence, in 1948, triggered a war with the surrounding countries, which objected to the presence of a Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, the day that armies from the surrounding countries invaded, Azzam Pasha, the Secretary General of the Arab League, said "This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades." Similar quotes were uttered by others during the war of 1948-49 and during the two major wars that followed. Despite its tiny size, Israel prevailed in these wars, preventing its people from being uprooted again, as they had been in ancient times.

Amos 9:14-15
I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

2. Israel would be brought back to life
Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:10-14
Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: 1948

In Ezekiel 37:10-14, the prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life. Just as Ezekiel had prophesized about 2600 years ago, the Jews were brought back to the land, and the country of Israel was brought back to life. Israel re-established sovereignty in 1948, a mere three years after the end of the Holocaust, during which the Nazis killed about one-third of the world's Jewish population.

Ezekiel 37:10-14
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, `Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' Therefore prophesy and say to them: `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.'"

3. Isaiah spoke of a Israel being reborn in one day
Bible passage: Isaiah 66:7-8
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC

In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel in 1948. Isaiah describes a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day.

Isaiah said the birth would take place before there would be labor pains. And that too is precisely what happened. A movement called Zionism began in the 1800s to encourage Jews worldwide to move to Israel, which at that time was called Palestine. Within hours of the declaration of independence in 1948, Israel was attacked by the surrounding countries of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

When reading Isaiah 66:7-8, keep in mind that Israel's status as a sovereign nation was established and reaffirmed during the course of a single day, and that it was born of a movement called Zionism, and that its declaration of independence was not the result of a war but rather the cause of one.

Isaiah 66:7-8
"Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

4. Israel would be re-established as a united nation
Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:21-22

In Ezekiel 37:21-22, the prophet said that God would one day bring the people of Israel back to Israel, as a united nation. This might have been a shock for Ezekiel. He lived about 2600 years ago. At that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms. And, both kingdoms had been conquered by foreign invaders, who forced many of the people, including Ezekiel, into exile. But, when Jews reclaimed sovereignty in 1948, they did so as a united people, creating one nation - Israel.

Ezekiel 37:21-22
and say to them, `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

5. The second Israel would be more impressive than the first
Bible passage: Jeremiah 16:14-15
Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC

In Jeremiah 16:14-15, the prophet said the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time that Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the descendants of Jacob (typically referred to today as Jews) out of Egypt, where they had been enslaved for 400 years. They then conquered Canaan and established Israel about 3400 years ago. But the second time that Israel was established was after the Jews had been scattered far and wide for a few thousand years. This time the Jews had to return from as far away as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa.

Jeremiah 16:14-15
"However, the days are coming," declares the Lord, "when men will no longer say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,' but they will say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.' For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

6. Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established
Bible passage: Ezekiel 4:3-6

In Ezekiel 4:3-6, the prophet said the Jews, who had lost control of their homeland, would be punished for 430 years. This prophecy, according to Bible scholar Grant Jeffrey, pinpointed the 1948 rebirth of Israel. Here's a summary of Jeffrey's theory:

1. Ezekiel said the Jews were to be punished for 430 years because they had turned away from God. As part of the punishment, the Jews lost control of their homeland to Babylon. Many Jews were taken as captives to Babylon.

2. Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed the Jews to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland. But, only a small number returned. The return had taken place sometime around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.

3. Because most of the exiles chose to stay in pagan Babylon rather than return to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The reason is explained in Bible's book of Leviticus. (Leviticus 26:18, 26:21, 26:24 and 26:28). In Leviticus, it says that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7. And, by staying in pagan Babylon, most exiles were refusing to repent.

4. So, if you take the remaining 360 years of punishment and multiply by 7, you get 2,520 years. But, Jeffrey says those years are based on an ancient 360-day lunar calendar. If those years are adjusted to the modern solar calendar, the result is 2,484 years.

5. And, there were exactly 2,484 years from 536 BC to 1948, which is the year that Israel regained independence.

Ezekiel 4:3-6
(In this Bible passage, Ezekiel is asked by God to symbolically act out the 430 years of punishment)
… Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. "Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. "After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

7. The people of Israel would return to "their own land"
Bible passage: Ezekiel 34:13
Fulfilled: after May 14, 1948

In Ezekiel 34:13, the prophet said that God would gather the people of Israel scattered throughout the world and bring them back to "their own land." After many centuries of dispersion, hundreds of thousands of Jews returned to their ancient homeland beginning in the late 1800s. But, millions more returned after Israel declared independence in 1948. In other words, millions of exiles returned to their ancient homeland which was now truly "their own land" in the sense that it was now a sovereign Jewish state.

Ezekiel 34:13
I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

8. God would watch over the people of Israel
Bible passage: Jeremiah 31:10
Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC
Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

In Jeremiah 31:10, the prophet said that God would one day gather the Jews back to Israel and that He would watch over them like a shepherd. Believe what you wish, but there is evidence that God indeed has watched over the re-established nation of Israel. Hours after Israel declared independence in 1948, the surrounding countries attacked, hoping to replace the Jewish state with an Arab state. These countries are much larger than Israel. But tiny Israel prevailed in that war and was able to capture additional land, increasing the land size of Israel by 50 percent. Israel also prevailed in the two other major wars that followed.

Jeremiah 31:10
"Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: `He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.'

9. Israel's army would be disproportionately powerful
Bible passage: Leviticus 26:3, 7-8
Written: perhaps around 1400 BC
Fulfilled: 1948-49, 1967, etc.

In Leviticus 26:3, 7-8, the Bible says that the army of Israel would have a supernatural power to prevail during times of conflict, if the people are obedient to the Lord. This Bible passage says that 5 people would be able to chase away 100 people, and that 100 would be able to chase away 10,000. Is there any proof to this incredible claim? Judge for yourself:

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded Israel. The combined population of those countries was at least 20 million at that time. Israel had fewer than 1 million Jews. Even so, the Jews won the war and expanded the size of Israel by 50 percent.

Example 2: During the War of 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in about 2000 years. They also seized additional territory. That war lasted a mere 6 days.

Example 3: On Oct. 6, 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack. But the Jews were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8
"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, … You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you."

10. The fortunes of the people of Israel would be restored
Bible passage: Deuteronomy 30:3-5
Written: perhaps 1400 BC
Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

In Deuteronomy 30:3-5, the Bible said the Jews would be scattered worldwide and that they later would return to their homeland and have their fortunes restored. This prophecy began to be fulfilled in modern times during the late 1800s when many Jews returned to Israel, from as far away as China and the United States, Russia and South Africa. Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries. In 1999, for example, Israel's per capita Gross Domestic Product was twice as prosperous than the neighboring countries.

Deuteronomy 30:3-5
then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

The question I ask to you is, Who is Israel?.......In my view all these eternal promises can and must only be for the redeemed in Christ,.....in other words the body of Christ must be the New Israel!.......What do you reckon?:dirol:to often we insert in our minds that the Prophetic refers to the ethnic or the natural people and not the saints or chosen of God.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from. Blessings.

Loyal
often we insert in our minds that the Prophetic refers to the ethnic or the natural people and not the saints or chosen of God

God's spiritual promises never contradict his "natural"promises. Is there any reason why it can't pertain to both? The Jews that come to Christ won't be those adhering to Judaism.

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Deut 7:6; "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

God's spiritual promises never contradict his "natural"promises. Is there any reason why it can't pertain to both? The Jews that come to Christ won't be those adhering to Judaism.

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery--so that you will not be wise in your own estimation--that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Deut 7:6; "For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

What I think you need to do is to read Romans 9:6-9, think it through and consider the implications it might have to your singular view of the term Israel in view of what this text is teaching.
The natural children are not the true children at all, nor are they Israel! Only the supernaturally born, these are the permanent and true possession.

They have pursed it as if it were by works, see their destiny, they are chosen but not for God. See Romans 10:2,........also,' there is now no distinction', I wish evangelicals would just get that straight.

That they follow in the footsteps of the same faith of their father Abraham, not those that at the moment follow their present way of works. When Christ returns he'll save a remnant of 144,000 that is all.
There will be those who are brought back to the land when the Messiah Jesus comes in his glory, they will return humbled and penitent according to what I read, under the dominion of the Son of David. Possibly some are now in the land but they will come from the nations. Ezekiel 37:24.
That's why I wonder the origin and makings of Zionism and present day Israel, just who are they and who do they represent?
One's that make ready for the Antichrist?

Last edited:
Loyal
When Christ returns he'll save a remnant of 144,000 that is all.

I don't believe this. I believe a lot of Jews will be saved. The remnant are (Rev 14:4-5;)
those who have not been defiled with women and have kept themselves chaste. They have been purchased from among men. There never told a lie and they were blameless.
Yes there are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes and they are Jews. But they aren't the only Jews that will be saved at all.

I don't believe this. I believe a lot of Jews will be saved. The remnant are (Rev 14:4-5;)
those who have not been defiled with women and have kept themselves chaste. They have been purchased from among men. There never told a lie and they were blameless.
Yes there are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes and they are Jews. But they aren't the only Jews that will be saved at all.

You don't seem to be arguing your case from scripture, natural ethnic Jews are not the sons of Abraham unless they share a like faith, they rejected faith in Christ but God will save a remnant we are told, they will belief in Christ. You've only managed to state what I have already, so on what basis of scripture do you place your beliefs.

Last edited:
Could you imagine telling a Jew in 1942 that Israel was about to be restored according to prophecy. They would have called you insane.

If you believe in the rapture, then those who were saved ethnic Jews would've been in the church and raptured with the body of Christ at this point.

What I'm saying is, it seems beyond that point of time the remnant of 144,000 is the number which are saved, I think this is the biblical view.

Rodd you assume too much. Biblical view = following God's precepts. Much of the Bible is allegory and hyperbole. Revelations is especially tricky to properly interpret. I don't claim to be able to. Only someone with revelation from God on the matter could be 100% certain.

I'd have to say it's more the other way around, it's you who are assuming to much, that nothing is tangible or knowable, because it's outside your world view!
Therefore, some like you, would prefer to believe the rational meaning of the non-symbolic as illegitimate, despite the clarity of the text and it's context.

God is not a God of confusion, it's us who prefer a self made eschatology and prefer allegorical confusion as an excuse for ignorance.
Not good enough in my view, but you accept what you want.

Last edited:
Hello
I think the topic of modern Israel is the most controversial of all topics in Western Christiandom.
1948 brought us the state of Modern Israel.
Since Abraham there has always been the nation of Hebrew's.
After Tutus sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD the nation of Israel was still a nation by Biblical standards. The Jews were once again scattered in Diaspora yet they were a nation. In America there are many nations. Cherokee, Navaho, Piute, Inuit and dozens more. The fact that they reside inside a secular state does not diminish their nationhood.
Before 1948 there was the nation of Israel. As long as there are Jews there will be the nation of Israel regardless if they have a secular state with flag, borders and central government. If the secular state of Modern Israel dissapears this will not mean the end of the nation of Israel.

Theodore Herzl is the father of Modern Zionism and was an atheist. David BenGurion was Modern Israel's first prime minister and was also an atheist.
Modern Zionism is anathema to Torah and Judaism. Nowhere in the NT did Jesus promise a secular state to the Jews.
The notion of a Jewish statehood neccesary to come in to being before Jesus' return was written in the footnotes of Cyrus Scofield's reference Bible. This is Bible became the standard of almost all U. S. seminaries.
The promise to the Jews is Messiah Himself.
Modern Israel is a veil that keeps the Jews from knowing Jesus as their Messiah. There are other veils but this is the most pervasive.

It is possible to despise Modern Zionism and be supportive of the Jews. The two are not the same. It is also possible to criticize Modern Israel without being an anti-semite. AIPAC and the camera website would disagree.

I do not agree the declaration of Modern Israel as a secular state is fulfillment of OT prophecy. This does not mean I hate Modern Israel. I would be honored to lay my life down for the Jews as the ten Boom family did in WWII.
I was priveledged to visit Corrie ten Boom's house (beje) on four separate occasions. I stood in the very hiding place where the Jews hid after the ten Boom family went to Hitler's death camps.

I do not believe the Palestinians ought to pay for Hitler's crimes.
The official narrative of Modern Israel is virtually unchallenged. The victor is not going to write an unsavory history of himself.
Over four million people who live in the only democracy in the Middle East cannot vote, cannot leave, cannot return if they do leave and are cut off from the judicial system. Many have barely enough to eat. They live under military occupation.

Jesus said to to the woman at the well, "Salvation is from the Jews".
To despise the Jews is spiritual suicide. To keep Modern Israel insulated from all criticism is not helpful to the Israelis or anyone else in the Holy Land.
Pray for tube peace of Jerusalem.

Blessings

Hi again
I don't know how to edit.
My tablet will not let me enter T i t u s. It keeps defaulting to Tutus
T i t u s ransacked Jerusalem and not Desmond's forefathers.

Hello
I think the topic of modern Israel is the most controversial of all topics in Western Christiandom.
After Tutus sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD the nation of Israel was still a nation by Biblical standards. The Jews were once again scattered in Diaspora yet they were a nation. In America there are many nations. Cherokee, Navaho, Piute, Inuit and dozens more. The fact that they reside inside a secular state does not diminish their nationhood.
Before 1948 there was the nation of Israel. As long as there are Jews there will be the nation of Israel regardless if they have a secular state with flag, borders and central government. If the secular state of Modern Israel dissapears this will not mean the end of the nation of Israel.

Theodore Herzl is the father of Modern Zionism and was an atheist. David BenGurion was Modern Israel's first prime minister and was also an atheist.
Modern Zionism is anathema to Torah and Judaism. Nowhere in the NT did Jesus promise a secular state to the Jews.
The notion of a Jewish statehood neccesary to come in to being before Jesus' return was written in the footnotes of Cyrus Scofield's reference Bible. This is Bible became the standard of almost all U. S. seminaries.
Modern Israel is a veil that keeps the Jews from knowing Jesus as their Messiah. There are other veils but this is the most pervasive.

It is possible to despise Modern Zionism and be supportive of the Jews. The two are not the same. It is also possible to criticize Modern Israel without being an anti-semite. AIPAC and the camera website would disagree.

I do not agree the declaration of Modern Israel as a secular state is fulfillment of OT prophecy. This does not mean I hate Modern Israel. I would be honored to lay my life down for the Jews as the ten Boom family did in WWII.
I was priveledged to visit Corrie ten Boom's house (beje) on four separate occasions. I stood in the very hiding place where the Jews hid after the ten Boom family went to Hitler's death camps.

The official narrative of Modern Israel is virtually unchallenged. The victor is not going to write an unsavory history of himself.
Over four million people who live in the only democracy in the Middle East cannot vote, cannot leave, cannot return if they do leave and are cut off from the judicial system. Many have barely enough to eat. They live under military occupation.

To despise the Jews is spiritual suicide. To keep Modern Israel insulated from all criticism is not helpful to the Israelis or anyone else in the Holy Land.

Blessings

Hello

Blessings

I am new to this firm and my tablet.
Moderator please delete the post just before this one
I was trying to change the word "tube" to "the".

1. Jacob's descendants would regain control of Israel
Bible passage: Amos 9:14-15
Written: about 750 BC
Fulfilled: Judah - 539BC, Ephraim (Israel) - At Christ

In Amos 9:14-15, the prophet indeed said there would come a time when Israel, Ephraim and Judah, would be restored to their own land, from their exile in Babylon and Assyria and all the world. And indeed they were, Judah was restored upon the commandment of Cyrus to restore and to build Jerusalem which they did as accounted by Ezra and Nehemiah. The restoration of Ephraim came when Jesus arrived for did he not say, "I am not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel", namely the 10 "lost" tribes known as Ephraim?

Amos 9:14-15
I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

2. Israel would be brought back to life
Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:10-14
Fulfilled: At Christ’s resurrection

In Ezekiel 37:10-14, the prophet indeed receives a vision of the dried-up bones of the house of Israel having life. They were brought up out of their graves as the holy spirit declares in Matthew, "and the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." And indeed he filled them with his holy spirit as witnessed by many on pentacost and all who believe unto this very day are filled with that spirit of promise seen in Ezekiel 37:10-14.

Ezekiel 37:10-14
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, `Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' Therefore prophesy and say to them: `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.'"

3. Isaiah spoke of a Israel being reborn in one day
Bible passage: Isaiah 66:7-8
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: At Christ’s resurrection

In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet indeed spoke of a woman giving birth to her sons, a woman who bore those children before her travail came. The sons of God were born the day the holy spirit entered the apostles, the spiritual nation of Israel was born in that day, one day. And was this not accomplished before Israel after the flesh, the woman who bore many sons, even went into the travail of the destruction accomplished at the hands of the Romans in 70 AD? And what did Jesus say, "The kingdom of god cometh NOT with observation. Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of god is within you." So why are so many looking for that which Jesus himself said you cannot see? Why are so many saying, "look there, the Israel god promised" when it's already been here for so long?

Isaiah 66:7-8
"Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

4. Israel would be re-established as a united nation
Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:21-22
Fulfilled: At Christ

In Ezekiel 37:21-22, the prophet indeed saw the restoration of the two houses as one and that there would be one king over them, namely Jesus, the Christ of god. Let us hear what the spirit says. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.Thus the spirit signifying the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37:21-22, devout jews from every nation under heaven were there on the mountaions of Israel being re-gathered as one in Christ!

Ezekiel 37:21-22 and say to them, `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

I could go on to the rest but what I have shown should suffice if one has ears to hear it. All that was prophsied so long ago by the prophets was realized in Christ Jesus, the king of kings and lord of lords as witnessed by his own mouth, "The law and the prophets were until John." We must hear him, we must accept what he said, either the prophets "were" until John or he is a liar, one cannot have it both ways. Yet so many who claim knowledge, who want to be teachers refuse to accept and acknowledge even the simplest things he said and take them at face value, such as that John was the Elijah which was to come and prepare the way before him, they refuse to hear him that they may have thier teachers. We know John was Elijah because Jesus plainly said he was, "and if you will receive it, this is Elijah which was for to come." As plain as the nose on our faces yet so many stumble at that very simple thing, as they do at the Israel spoken of by Jesus and all the prophets, they "need" to see it with thier eyes in contradiction to Jesus and our Father.

Israel was restored 2000 years ago, not in 1948. If we were to see a "nation" of Israel why would our Father in Jesus say, "The kingdom of god cometh NOT with observation. Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of god is within you"? If it were to be "seen" then he would not have said this. Additionally, how can it be written in Amos, "And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more:", or, "And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more", or any other number of scriptures which plainly declare that those things would never be done again? Oh people why do you refuse to hear?

Amanhumblinhart,
Thank you for joining in on this thread.
You ask:
"Oh people why do you refuse to hear?"

It is difficult to accept information that goes contrary to what we have been taught all our lives. Many have been told if we do not support Modern Israel then we will be cursed and God will be displeased with us. It can be a scary thing to walk away from. Walking away form Modern Israel does not mean one is walking away from the Jews and their love for the Jews. This is a radical teaching and can be quite unnerving at first. I have tried to dispel the myth of the official Modern Israeli narrative. This is a good place to start. We are told the State of Modern Israel is a miracle that only God could have accomplished. If the official narrative is true then Modern Israel is truly an unprecedented miracle. The narrative is false and Modern Israel is no miracle. It was birthed in the hearts of men who trusted in their cunning and the arm of the flesh.
There are no New Testament scriptures that show the nation of Israel is promised secular statehood. On the cruel Roman cross Jesus proclaimed, "It is finished". Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets.
Messiah is the fulfillment of God's promise to the Jews first and then to the Gentiles.

God dwelt among His people in the desert as they carried the Ark of the Covenant. Once a year the High priest would enter the Holy of Holies and not always make it out alive. Then Jesus came and made a way for His Holy Spirit to dwell not only in the hearts of the Jews but also the hearts of the Gentiles. To most Jewish leaders of Jesus' day this was horrible blasphemy as they knew the scriptures but were blinded to God's plan. The believers became the temple of God. This was too much to take in for those who did not know the ways of God. Simpletons could become living stones in the temple of their God. This was a huge pride killer to the learned ones. Jesus is the foundation and Chief Corner stone and we are the rest of the Temple. But it doesn't stop there. New Jerusalem is a living city. This too is something we cannot comprehend unless God shows us. Our temporary jars of clay do not allow us to see the whole picture in all of His glory.

If we love the Jews we will show them the Gospel. Modern Israel has taught the Jews to trust in the arm of the flesh and in their own understanding. The 67 years of Modern Zionist Arab bashing has made our hearts cold toward them. Modern Israel has been a curse to both Arabs and Jews alike. One day everyone both good and bad will see Modern Israel as she is. It will be as when the Wizard of Oz was exposed as the deceiving magician he was.

Jesus came to the Holy Land at a time when the Romans occupied it. Jesus could have broken the Roman yoke from off the Jews. They cried Hosanna in the highest to the Son of David" (paraphrase)
A few days later when they found out ridding the Holy Land of the Romans was not Jesus' mission they cried out, "Crucify Him!" Jesus came to build His Kingdom that cannot be seen by human eyes. His last instructions to His followers is the Great Commission. There were no instructions to build a secular state and call it Israel. Surely He would have told us. The Jews must get saved and enter the Kingdom of God instead of playing Western style Statehood games. Give us a King! They got their King but it did not work out too well. Give us a state! They have their state and it is keeping them from knowing Messiah.

Modern Israel has become a golden calf to large segments of The Way. Jesus paid with His blood to buy us back in to His Kingdom. Don't be sad that you cannot become a citizen of Modern Israel even if you are a Jew. Messianic Jews of Diaspora are not welcome to become Modern Israeli citizens. You are a living stone in New Jerusalem. This is good news for the Jews. A way has been made for them. Pray that the Lord of the Harvest send workers to tend the Father's fields both in the Holy land and beyond.

Blessings

Just wanted to reply a little on the prophecy of Israel becoming a recognized nation again. This happened in 1948 and this was the first time Israel was recognized as a nation since 70 AD. In 70 AD, it was when the roman general, Titus , tore down the temple walls and scattered the Israelite people ending the existence of the nation of Israel at that time.

Christ said that Israel would become a nation again and when it did, that generation or people that was born that year it became a nation again, would no pass/die before He returned to this earth. God speaks of a forty, a seventy, and a one hundred and twenty year generation. We know in general that man lives more than forty years old. We know that very very few men live to be one hundred and twenty years old. And we know that the average life of man is somewhere around seventy years old. So we must assume that this seventy year generation would be the generation Christ may have been speaking of. With that being said, that generation is up in 2018, the end of that seventy year generation. Christ didn't say that everyone born in 1948 would still be alive but most of that generation would be still living when He returned to this earth.

When the true Christ returns it will be on the seventh trump, John referred to it as the last trump. 1 Corinthians 15:51. There are only seven trumps in God's word and this seventh trump is the one in which the true Christ returns to earth. Might make mention that on the sixth trump the anti-Christ shows up on earth.

There are seven seals, seven trumps, and seven vials in the book of Revelation and these are each chronological steps or events that happen right up to the return of Christ to earth. On the seventh seal, Christ shows up on earth. On the seventh trump, Christ shows up on earth. On the seventh vial, Christ shows up on earth. That is what all Christians are looking forward to.

Here is what a lot of Christians don't realize. On the sixth seal, anti-Christ shows up on earth claiming to be the true Christ. On the the sixth trump, anti-Christ shows up on earth claiming to be the true Christ. On the sixth vial, anti-Christ shows up on earth claiming to be the true Christ. My friends this is where the (666) comes from. The sixth seal, the sixth trump, and the sixth vial, all are the appearance of anti-Christ here on earth. God repeating it three times through the seals, trumps, and vials, trying to drive it into the minds of Christians so they are deceived.

During this time all Christian will want to have what is known as, THE SEAL OF GOD, in their head/mind. Cause once you have this seal you have Gods protection from anti-Christ. Revelation 9:4. Here God is laying the law down to anti-Christ, tell him what he can and can not do once he shows up on earth. 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but (ONLY) those men which (HAVE NOT) the (SEAL OF GOD) in their foreheads. That's to say in their minds, they know and understand what the seal of God is, therefore anti- Christ is commanded not to even touch you. Powerful stuff my friends. Make sure you acquire this protection through the SEAL OF GOD.

This tribulation of anti- Christ will only last five months. It was shortened from seven years to this five month period by Christ himself, for the sake of the (ELECT). Matthew 24:22

Might make mention that the Elect, are the only people on earth that (DO NOT) have total free will. They are not here on earth trying to over come, they over came in the first world age, during the rebellion of Satan. They fought with God during that time and proved their loyalty to God at that time. The Elect are here on earth so God can intercede in their lives to have them do or say things that will further God's plan.