• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

● Scripture Pickers ●

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
The irony. I would run out of the church you taught at!

'''Don't worry people, you don't have to hate what is evil or cling to what is good to have a heart after Christ. He will get His Holy Spirit to convince you to follow Him'' :rolleyes:.

You are actually mocking Him right now. If you came to my church, you would be blessed. I will pray for you.

Active
[QUOTE="KingJ, post: 272061,

According to Paul we are able to use our intellect alone to escape judgment. No need of the Holy Spirit.[/QUOTE]
Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to wrath.

Active
He is running back and forth between this forum and CFS. He is doing the same thing over there.
This is not the Holy Spirit that is using this man; recognize the Spirit that speaks.
The Word tells us of these fruits also; bitterness, deceit, anger, hatred...
We, indeed, recognize the spirit that speaks. Amen
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
We don't cuddle these spirits but rather reproach, reprove, rebuke.

Sadly, spirits just like this one, is what hang Jesus on the cross.

Active
1. Slow down before everyone jumping on KingJ!!!

2. Notice the continued involvement of the Holy Spirit in providing us guidance? What I believe he is saying and please correct me if I'm wrong KingJ (I'm sure you will :)) that it is "we who decide to apply or don't apply the guidance provided in any given situation". With this guidance comes responsibility to continue to grow in His Word which will then be "revealed" by the Holy Spirit for correct understanding. In either case the consequences of our actions are manifested by the decisions we make.

Is this what you're attempting to say KingJ?

1. Thanks I have enough kids at home jumping on me.

2. Kind of ;). The bible is a rule book, a book of love and grace. We can also see it as His diary. Anyone of us can read it ''as is''. As it is written in human vernacular. When God says ''grasp my love Eph 3:18'' He expects us to use the brain He gave us to grasp and agree with Him that John 15:13 is genuine love and conclude that because of John 3:16 we can give thanks because God is good Psalm 136:1. All this and so much more from mere human intellect. Paul in 1 Cor 11:31, 1 Cor 9:1-9 is pushing ''honest, sincerity and sound judgment'' from our working brains. Now today, we have the bonus of being married to the author. As such He has offered to be with us as we read His word in the form of the Holy Spirit. We have first hand insight into all scripture. Meaning we can grasp so much more. What also deserves mentioning is that we now also crave to read His word as we love the author.

He gave us our intellect. He gave us His Holy Spirit. When scripture says that without the spirit of Christ we cannot please Him. The context there is that nobody can get to heaven. But this does not equal us all deserving to go to hell / lake of fire either. Many got themselves into Abraham's bosom OT without the Holy Spirit. This is why I asked ''how do we come to Jesus to be sealed''. The line from Ophel that the Holy Spirit '''convinces''' us really urks me. We are drawn to Him because He is who He is. He does not change. He is good. He is righteous. We are after His heart. He does not brainwash / convince / force us to Him.

Active
@KingJ

Not one single person makes it into the Kingdom of God by use of his brain. It is ALL Jesus and the work of His Spirit on men's hearts. The minute you begin to try to persuade people that it is the mind of man that understands apart from the work of the Holy Spirit, you have veered off into both unbelief and heresy, not fully grasping that we can do NOTHING to achieve salvation apart from the faith we have to believe.

Your way makes you your own saviour. Good luck with that!

Active
I would appreciate you quoting me.
Post 44.
Your words brother; no need for the Holy Spirit.
May God have mercy on you. May be a good time to repent; and judge self according to the scriptures, not your own intellect.
God bless your journey.

Active
He is running back and forth between this forum and CFS. He is doing the same thing over there.
Correct. I tend to bump heads with you guys on many issues.

The discussion on CFS is you all proposing that unless a Christian has unwavering faith He must not expect anything of God VS me saying A Christian is already as hot / unwavering as can be.

I disagree with you all as I view your belief as insulting to the cross / proposing that Jesus did not sufficiently graft us into the vine of God's unmerited supply.

This is not the Holy Spirit that is using this man; recognize the Spirit that speaks.
The Word tells us of these fruits also; bitterness, deceit, anger, hatred...
We, indeed, recognize the spirit that speaks. Amen
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
We don't cuddle these spirits butrather reproach, reprove, rebuke.

Sadly, spirits just like this one, is what hang Jesus on the cross
o_O

Active
@KingJ

1. Not one single person makes it into the Kingdom of God by use of his brain.

2. It is ALL Jesus

3. the work of His Spirit on men's hearts.

4. The minute you begin to try to persuade people that it is the mind of man that understands apart from the work of the Holy Spirit, you have veered off into both unbelief and heresy,

5. not fully grasping that we can do NOTHING to achieve salvation apart from the faith we have to believe.

6. Your way makes you your own saviour. Good luck with that!
1. You are adding to what I said. Please quote me.

2. That gets us into heaven, yes. We get ourselves to the airport where Jesus takes us to heaven. Do you believe God is partial?

3. What work exactly is this?

4. You are not reading my posts properly.

5. We cannot build the plane that takes us from the airport to heaven (salvation). But we get to the airport, Do you disagree with this?

6. What do you believe happens to that guy on an island that never hears the gospel?

Active
your post #13, and #18; your own words with your own brain.

Post 13 ''But we don't need the Holy Spirit to know someone by their fruits.''

You disagree with this? You need the Holy Spirit to tell you that a murderer is evil?

Active
Agreed. But we don't need the Holy Spirit to know someone by their fruits. We need a working brain. All of mankind has one. This is why mankind is accountable for sin. This is why Jesus had to die for all of mankind.
we don't need the Holy Spirit to know someone by their fruits.... you say.... this is a lie.

Active
The Holy Spirit assists / increases our human intellect / ability to discern. This makes Christians more accountable for their actions. Every person will only be held to account for what they knew. According to the light they have received.

Every belief of mine can be substantiated with much scripture. It has survived scrutiny from Christians and atheists. I have been corrected on matters many times and still do get corrected. I like to think I live in fear of disobeying God and scripture / am constantly open to correction. This is how we are to arrive at our beliefs. Not ''the Holy Spirit told me, it must be right''.

According to Paul we are able to use our intellect alone to escape judgment. No need of the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Now please try understand I am not espousing ''too heavenly minded, no earthly good''. It is only when we arrive at disagreements in belief.

You can't believe the Holy Spirit only talks to you and not those who disagree with you. Scripture says we must work out our salvation in fear and trembling Phil 2:12. It says, avoid all appearance of evil.

I don't want to get into your beliefs here, but can you honestly say you pass the above tests when applying them to them? Have fully considered all the arguments from scripture against your beliefs?

No need of the Holy Spirit... you say... this is a lie.

Active
#18; your own words with your own brain.

Post # 18 ''According to Paul we are able to use our intellect alone to escape judgment. No need of the Holy Spirit''

The context (if you read my posts) is that our self judgment, if favorable to God (IE we decide to hate what is evil and cling to what is good Rom 12:9), causes God to draw near to us / judge us James 4:8, Jer 17:10 and then reveal Jesus to us by the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3 which leads to us becoming a new creation 2 Cor 5:17, which leads to us entering eternal life / receiving God / the Holy Spirit. So, no. There is no need for the Holy Spirit to come to God. Only a working brain.

Active
Correct. I tend to bump heads with you guys on many issues.

That is your hobby, it seems.

The discussion on CFS is you all proposing that unless a Christian has unwavering faith He must not expect anything of God VS me saying A Christian is already as hot / unwavering as can be.

False. There are many Christians who have wavering faith, which is why James speaks to the problem. You run contrary to scripture consistently and persistently.

I disagree with you all as I view your belief as insulting to the cross / proposing that Jesus did not sufficiently graft us into the vine of God's unmerited supply.

o_O

No one is proposing as you suggest. You have no idea how insulted the Spirit of God is to read your words.

Active
1. You are adding to what I said. Please quote me.

2. That gets us into heaven, yes. We get ourselves to the airport where Jesus takes us to heaven. Do you believe God is partial?

3. What work exactly is this?

4. You are not reading my posts properly.

5. We cannot build the plane that takes us from the airport to heaven (salvation). But we get to the airport, Do you disagree with this?

6. What do you believe happens to that guy on an island that never hears the gospel?

It is clear you've painted yourself into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.