• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

“Have we the true Children of God, been over ran”?

Loyal
I know, we are over-comers and the victory has been won. But have we on earth, been overrun . If you think so, please list “Holy Scripture” both Old Testament and New Testament for verification. And do you feel, we are so few in numbers, in this generation.

Active
Sure seems like it to me. But it's always been that way from the very beginning. Listing scripture to support would take a while. But i'm sure you have very few people that agree with you, ("What conversation does light have with darkness."? NONE) while there are multitudes of church goers that have the same opinion, usually whatever their preacher told them to think and if what you say doesn't agree then bye bye. We even find ourselves in conflict on this very site with certain topics which makes us wonder who really is a TRUE CHRISTIAN and who is just a THEOLOGIAN pretending to be a Christian, similar to most pastors of the denominations, or maybe parrots of said pastors, or who is simply deceived and of the true church but havn't overcome to get the HIDDEN MANNA.

Im going to assume your last question should have the word WHY in it? Answer: A greater testing of Faith, and without the testing it's not going to grow and your gonna need your Faith to come to full maturity if your chosen to live through the time of the end.

Active
I am a Christian, I have been moved on numerous occasions by the Spirit of God. I have not been overrun by Christians I cannot agree with or the world. I am an alien and will always be unacceptable to those of the church or the world who are not aliens Praise the name of Jesus.

Active
I would bet that if you open your mouth to speak in a church they would throw you out. Organized religion which is men teaching men who teach you know almost nothing of
the experiences we have with the Holy Ghost, simply because they have not been indwelled by him yet? Would you agree.

Loyal
When a person's 'experiences' do Not match up with Scripture -- then maybe a person's 'experiences' aren't truly Biblical.

You're possibly setting yourself up for a situation in which -- if other's Don't have the same experiences that You have, that, in fact, They are in the wrong -- or being misled -- that it can't possibly be you being misled.

And That is one reason why 'we' need to be getting together on a very frequent basis with other believers -- sort of a checks' and balances system. Satan loves to get into our heads and deceive us -- he knows our weaknesses. Just like Eve was deceived in the perfect environment that God created for everyone. Satan put doubts in her thinking -- she Chose to follow satan's deceitfulness Rather than listen to God's Word. We All like the idea of being smart people -- we'd Like to think that we can be smart just like God is. And That tends to be our downfall. We Need to listen to God's Word and not add our own concepts To His Word - not adjust His Word to fit Our concepts. We are but human beings.

Active
It was simply a question to Trevor to see what he might say about his experiences. Maybe he will answer somewhat the same as me. Maybe not. Just want to know him and where he stands given his opening statement.

Active
When a person's 'experiences' do Not match up with Scripture -- then maybe a person's 'experiences' aren't truly Biblical.

You're possibly setting yourself up for a situation in which -- if other's Don't have the same experiences that You have, that, in fact, They are in the wrong -- or being misled -- that it can't possibly be you being misled.

And That is one reason why 'we' need to be getting together on a very frequent basis with other believers -- sort of a checks' and balances system. Satan loves to get into our heads and deceive us -- he knows our weaknesses. Just like Eve was deceived in the perfect environment that God created for everyone. Satan put doubts in her thinking -- she Chose to follow satan's deceitfulness Rather than listen to God's Word. We All like the idea of being smart people -- we'd Like to think that we can be smart just like God is. And That tends to be our downfall. We Need to listen to God's Word and not add our own concepts To His Word - not adjust His Word to fit Our concepts. We are but human beings.
[/QUOTE

No Sue you are but a human being, we are as Trevor puts it Aliens, New Creatures whom the world hates and despises and cannot receive for we testify of the Son of God that dwells in us and paid for us with his own blood.

Active
I would bet that if you open your mouth to speak in a church they would throw you out. Organized religion which is men teaching men who teach you know almost nothing of
the experiences we have with the Holy Ghost, simply because they have not been indwelled by him yet? Would you agree.
We fellowship in our own home, the established church have moved away from the written wo
Hi Samson, We fellowship in our home because the established church no-longer adhere to the written word and as a God fearing believer I refuse to depart from it, and anyway, as we feed on the word we receive revelation and grow. As for those who change the word, if they were moving in the Spirit they wouldn't. Bless you.

Active

Sue, you are right, we do need to fellowship with those who listen to God's word but most churches have moved away from what is written and are now in ignorance. for instance, take Cor: 14- 33-38. Here we are told that our apostle Paul says:- "as in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to enquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command. If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored." The problem Sue, is that most churches have chosen to ignore this scripture that carries a warning of ignorance. Do you believe Sue, that I, as a person who fears God, because he is able to take away my eternal life. should follow churches that so fragrantly ignore his warnings? Bless you.

Loyal
Take note, for pondering only.

1“At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3Those who are wise a will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

5Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. 6One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”

7The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. bWhen the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

8I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”

9He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand. (Daniel 12: 1-10).
“I am only thinking in “Biblical Motif” terms here and that is all!❤️ So don’t jump into “eschatology mode”❤️

Active
I was looking at that last week and doing a time line research on it, Going to the end of Dan 11 and Dan 12:1 it appears that the description of when this occurs is the beginning of the tribulation period. Which kinda lines up with the last verses of Dan 12:11-12, makes me wonder just who is being raised, has to be believers, and why some are to everlasting shame, (those who hid their talents?) as this is not the second resurrection and the great throne judgement. Nor the great gathering that occurs immediately after the tribulation when our change comes. Those raised to everlasting life are turning many to righteousness and we see that all those raised have their names written in the book. So could this be a special group some of which are called up to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom unto all the world along with the ones who were alive and whose names are written in the book and didn't need to be raised up? Leaves me wondering????

Loyal
Sue, you are right, we do need to fellowship with those who listen to God's word but most churches have moved away from what is written and are now in ignorance. for instance, take Cor: 14- 33-38. Here we are told that our apostle Paul says:- "as in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to enquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command. If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored." The problem Sue, is that most churches have chosen to ignore this scripture that carries a warning of ignorance. Do you believe Sue, that I, as a person who fears God, because he is able to take away my eternal life. should follow churches that so fragrantly ignore his warnings? Bless you.

Well -- maybe 'we' shouldn't use the excuse of what 'most' churches are doing. A question, during the church service shouldn't Everyone be quiet and listen to what the pastor is teaching -- after all -- isn't that what 'we' are there For? To learn from God's Word with others. A good place to learn by asking questions would be a Sunday School class held either before or after the church service. Or have a Bible study with friends at your home as well as meeting with a local group of believers.

If That is really the only 'problem' you see in local churches -- I'm shaking my head.

I'd be More concerned with people hearing the Gospel unto salvation presented -- being taught the entire Scripture. There's a Lot of God's Word to learn / to be taught.

Loyal

[/QUOTE
I just cannot see where the “modern day church” is a example of the New Testament teaching of the “Congregation” of Jesus Christ”.

Sue you did say:When a person's 'experiences' do Not match up with Scripture -- then maybe a person's 'experiences' aren't truly Biblical.
So you can say: When a church experiences do not match up with Scripture then. Maybe a church experiences aren’t truly biblical as well,

if you think we have not been over ran by the doctrine of men with a building flooded with goats. You might be deceived already. Jesus told Peter,? If you love me “Feed my Lambs, if you love me, feed my sheep! He did not tell him to build a goats pen, and feed goats! ❤ Are we in agreement. In other words train my sheep to be disciples then they will go and proclaim my WORD! Goats do not understand God's Word. Goats should not be in the sheep pen!.❤
26“But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep.27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; (John 10: 26,27).❤️ He never told us to invite them into our sheep fold and dine with us. There cannot be any fellowship with unbelievers. For it is impossible, it cannot be done. Your Job is to go out and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not to direct people to go to church.❤️ If no one will say Amen I will say Amen all by myself! I will be the “Athanasius” of this time period❤️

I know, we are over-comers and the victory has been won. But have we on earth, been overrun . If you think so, please list “Holy Scripture” both Old Testament and New Testament for verification. And do you feel, we are so few in numbers, in this generation.

Few there be who find it.

Loyal
PloughBoy - so you're saying that only born-again believers are to go to church? That 'we' should not be inviting any non-believers to church with us? But how do we Really know for sure who is or isn't saved? I'm thinking that you're going a bit over-board with separating the sheep from the goats. Only God really knows who they are or aren't.

So -- if there are people moving in next door -- we get to talking with them and they are new to the area. We tell them about the church We go to. They seem interested and come Sunday -- they ask about going With us. Or we see them and ask if they'd like to go with Us. You're saying that No we shouldn't? I'd say Yes, go for it. Invite them -- take them With us - if appropriate. Why NOT. Am I understanding you correctly?

Loyal
In a sense, that was the intent, a community of true believers, To worship together and not a building to evangelize people. There is no way a person who has not been “born from above” can worship God,, but you can fool him to make them think that they are worshipping God. Now if a person happens to come in why you are worshipping that is a different story. Even in colony American, no one could just join a local church assembly. They had to be well “affirmed” of their conversion through time, and convince by elders that their conversion is true. It is a good reason for doing it so. Because they WILL corrupt you! . And at this time I am not going list all of the many scriptures to justify this. For you should know. Personally I think we are wasting to much time promoting the “queen instead of the King”. [And you better not spank me Sue about my fancy little, queen and king quote]! LOL ❤ Far as I am concern witness to the whole World about Jesus, you are to may disciples after you have become one not the pastor, You are a Royal PriestHood, a chosen people! Just tell the story about Jesus and your Conversion to Christ and how the Holy Spirit filled you with its power.

New American Standard 1977
But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’sOWN POSSESSION, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (1 Peter 2:9).❤️ They are not. [At least not yet]. ❤️

And yes I do like your word. “If appropriate” Well done Sue!❤️

Loyal
You Do realize all the people who've come to Christ as a result Of being in church and going to youth camps and going to VBS during the summers. Back when I was growing up -- most every week there were those coming to talk with pastor about their salvation. It was Hoped that those in the community Would be curious about the church and would come to worship with us. The area was growing as John Deere Tractor works was expanding.

And joining a church is different. Why do they want to join? How are they going to be using their spiritual gift in the church body. Does the person agree with Bible doctrine that that particular church supports. In other wards -- do they speak in tongues and the church does not support speaking in tongues during the service. Or the church body Does have speaking in tongues but the perspective member does not agree with that. Is the person wanting to join coming from another church - which lots of people do -- they move and leave the one church and want to become involved in the church in the new location. Do they come with a good reputation? How are they presenting themselves? Do they attempt to get to know others in the church? Do they find things to grumble about? Every church as a church constitution that everyone Should be agreeing on. The direction the church is heading.

When I was growing up -- every time we had a communion service -- we -- as a congregation read through the 'what we believe part' in the beginning of the hymnal. It didn't take long -- but it Did remind us that we were part of the body of Christ and what salvation consisted of. That way -- when we Did approach the Lord's Supper -- we - as a congregation -- and individually -- were of the same heart and mind.

And believe it or not - people Can worship God without being a born-again believer. Just like people who are not believers can and Do enjoy singing Christmas carols and Do go to church to celebrate Him. And no one is going to be 'fooling' anyone into thinking they are worshipping God when they are in church.

The 'queen and king' thing. Do you mean paying too much attention to the people rather than worshiping God?

If you're suggesting having only 'perfect' Christians in a congregation -- well -- there are none. As far as non-believers possibly 'corrupting' us. Well -- if the non-saved people are the main people we are with and they are telling nasty jokes or 'whatever' then bad manners do corrupt. But 'we' can Always choose to not listen to the questionable jokes , stories. Get up quietly and leave quietly , if possible. Otherwise -- take 'your' turn and share a funny , clean joke.

Loyal
You are good and I like you!
But you put a lot of questions to answer on my plate. Mmmmm. Let me try to address them as I go, and forgive if I fell to answer some, ok❤ The queen things mean. [church] the King means [ Jesus].
if a person goes to a church Just by a invite from a person. How does that person Have knowledge of that church doctrine. How does that person know if it is false doctrine or not. But if YOU proclaim Jesus and tell that person to read their Bible you place them in the Hands of GOD and not a man! The Bib le teaches us with no help from man, that those who are not of the Spirit are not His! Jesus said: My Sheep Hears my Voice! And He knows them. When Jesus is your Shepherd you do not need a “Hireling “! So I say point them to Jesus and not a man! And He will guide them. I say never ever point people to a building or a man. If they walk in fine. But they better not be partakers of the “Lord Supper” and not discerning the Lord’s body! A unbeliever has NO idea what this is all about and you would subject a person to this. I am quite sure you wouldn’t❤️
29For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment..
(1 Corinthians 11:29).

very short note and not going into detail at this point: REMEMBER: “Ananias & Sapphira” in the “book of Acts of the Apostles”.! PONDER that please and do not address it at this time.❤️

there is only one kind of “Child of God” “either you is or you are not” says “Holy Scripture” not me. The Bible says: “bad company corrupts Good morals. [Gods morals, not man’s morals].❤️ The Bible also states infallible “have no fellowship with unbelievers” and also it says: “ Blesseth is the man who walketh not in the Counsel of the unGodly” I hope I don’t have to explain who the “ungodly“ is.
Last statement here: really humbly I will say: we are not talking about bad “jokes” at this time. But “unconverted people”❤️ And I will also say this humbly, many Christians have unconverted friends and they Like them and they want to keep them. Notice I said like them , I did not say, “Agape” them. Because if they did they would WARN them of “The Wrath” to come! ❤️ Really take the time prayerfully and think about it “in light of Scripture” your friends will either hate you or love for telling them the truth of the wrath to come. ❤️ Hi, Sue❤️

Loyal
PS Sue things has change a lot in institutional churches. VBS and the message even. Not the same today. Testimony services........powerful moving of the Spirit of God,,, Real deep hymns. “Charles Westly”. Stuff . And songs like this “life is like a mountain railroad”! And the bishop song of early century like...“ Be thou my vision. O Lord of my Heart”❤️ I guess I fell in love with the “Ancient Path” the old way❤️

Active
PloughBoy - so you're saying that only born-again believers are to go to church? That 'we' should not be inviting any non-believers to church with us? But how do we Really know for sure who is or isn't saved? I'm thinking that you're going a bit over-board with separating the sheep from the goats. Only God really knows who they are or aren't.

So -- if there are people moving in next door -- we get to talking with them and they are new to the area. We tell them about the church We go to. They seem interested and come Sunday -- they ask about going With us. Or we see them and ask if they'd like to go with Us. You're saying that No we shouldn't? I'd say Yes, go for it. Invite them -- take them With us - if appropriate. Why NOT. Am I understanding you correctly?
Hi Sue, 2 Cor 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. for what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? what harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."
"therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." I will be a father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

We are also called living stones and I believe the church is built from these living stones and wherever two or more of these stones congregate the Lord is with them. So it could be said that the church of Christ can be built with two stones. We need to be careful who we invite into our midst, the devil has his people queuing up to be invited into the church of Christ where they can reek havoc and often destroy churches. Kind and gentle hearts are wonderful things, but unless they are blessed with wisdom they can be devastating. This is why we have been given the written word, to test our feelings and bring forth wisdom.