• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The warmest February on record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Member
Correct me if I've misunderstood...

We both look forward to the time when God will restore all things and renew the whole creation.

You take this to mean that caring for creation should be a lesser priority, as we know God will compelete the work of recreation in his timing and his own way.

I would say that caring for creation is an essential part of following Jesusand doing the will of God, as it is reaching towards what we know he has proised to do.

I don't have very strong opinions about climate change protests.
Dear Brother,
Can we multi-task? Of course we can, however if there is a priority to be placed, which I have no problem doing, then the Gospel to those who have not heard it, and even to those who have then we can talk climate, but to those who do not know Jesus as Lord & Savior do I relegate the Gospel to second fiddle to my concern about the climate...I think not and I hope you do not as well.

It reminds me of a project, which might even still be going on, that was about joining with other religions in caring for the needy around the world. However, speaking the Gospel, was prohibited, and not thought of as necessary. The thought being that we in speaking of the Gospel, would be seen as holding the ones in need as hostage to what we could provide if they did not accept the Gospel, and would also insult those from the other religions that were also helping. So, it was accepted that the help being provided was to be done without the spreading of the Gospel.

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8:36 NLT

Better that one die with the Lord's name on their lips in a decaying world, then they live in a pristine world for future generations without Him. Not that I believe as many do that the world could be somehow saved without Him.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
People are dying because of the effects of climate change. Increased flooding, failed crops, heatwaves, drought. Maybe you are not seriously affected and can afford to find it amusing. Lucky you.

That’s a real leftist mindset set if ever I heard one

Loyal
That’s a real leftist mindset set if ever I heard one
Why should i be even the tiniest bit bothered about whether its leftist or not?

Two things about a idea matter to me: is it true? does it follow Jesus' teaching and example?

Loyal
Dear Brother,
Can we multi-task? Of course we can, however if there is a priority to be placed, which I have no problem doing, then the Gospel to those who have not heard it, and even to those who have then we can talk climate, but to those who do not know Jesus as Lord & Savior do I relegate the Gospel to second fiddle to my concern about the climate...I think not and I hope you do not as well.

It reminds me of a project, which might even still be going on, that was about joining with other religions in caring for the needy around the world. However, speaking the Gospel, was prohibited, and not thought of as necessary. The thought being that we in speaking of the Gospel, would be seen as holding the ones in need as hostage to what we could provide if they did not accept the Gospel, and would also insult those from the other religions that were also helping. So, it was accepted that the help being provided was to be done without the spreading of the Gospel.

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Mark 8:36 NLT

Better that one die with the Lord's name on their lips in a decaying world, then they live in a pristine world for future generations without Him. Not that I believe as many do that the world could be somehow saved without Him.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Yes to boldly proclaiming Christ Jesus while quietly working for justice, alleviation of poverty, preservation of creation.

Active
Why should i be even the tiniest bit bothered about whether its leftist or not?

Two things about a idea matter to me: is it true? does it follow Jesus' teaching and example?

There is no such thing as climate change. Read Genesis 8:22

Loyal
There is no such thing as climate change. Read Genesis 8:22
Ask an old person if the weather is different now to what they remember in their childhood.

Genesis 8:22 says there will always be seasons, it doesn't say that the climate is fixed.

Active
Ask an old person if the weather is different now to what they remember in their childhood.

Genesis 8:22 says there will always be seasons, it doesn't say that the climate is fixed.

I’m an old person and I remember as a kid playing football on Christmas morning in a tee shirt.
I remember snow and ice at the end of march when it’s time to plant the garden.
Just because one summer is hotter than another doesn’t mean the end of the world.
As far as Genesis 8 goes,it can’t be summer or winter unless it’s hot and cold.
If no summer or winter,there are no seasons. So your argument is moot

Last edited:
Staff Member
Yes to boldly proclaiming Christ Jesus while quietly working for justice, alleviation of poverty, preservation of creation.
Dear Brother,
As long as it's not the other way around! :)

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
I’m an old person and I remember as a kid playing football on Christmas morning in a tee shirt.
I remember snow and ice at the end of march when it’s time to plant the garden.
Just because one summer is hotter than another doesn’t mean the end of the world.
As far as Genesis 8 goes,it can’t be summer or winter unless it’s hot and cold.
If no summer or winter,there are no seasons. So your argument is moot

I don't know of anybody who believes that climate change will bring an end to the seasons.

Active
I don't know of anybody who believes that climate change will bring an end to the seasons.

Evidently that is what you believe.
If global warming was real,if it’s 200 degrees year round then that would be the only season.
Thankfully climate change is a hoax and that will never happen

Loyal
Evidently that is what you believe.
If global warming was real,if it’s 200 degrees year round then that would be the only season.
Thankfully climate change is a hoax and that will never happen
Yes, global temperatures are on course to rise by between 2 and 4 degrees by the end of the century. Global warming is not predicted to take us to 200 degrees year round

Active
Yes, global temperatures are on course to rise by between 2 and 4 degrees by the end of the century. Global warming is not predicted to take us to 200 degrees year round

On what course?
Forecasters can’t predict weather for the weekend correctly,but they know the temperature of the whole earth is going to rise 2 measly degrees in 80 years????
Astounding

Loyal
On what course?
Forecasters can’t predict weather for the weekend correctly,but they know the temperature of the whole earth is going to rise 2 measly degrees in 80 years????
Astounding
Two degrees doesnt sound much, but that's the point at which the polar ice sheets are likely melt, causing a 10 metre rise in sea levels.

Active
Two degrees doesnt sound much, but that's the point at which the polar ice sheets are likely melt, causing a 10 metre rise in sea levels.

Says who?
Thousands of years ago the Polar Ice Cap was green fertile soil. They have found giant hairy elephants that were uncovered by the thaw. They still had green grass in their stomach.
That would suggest that the ice shouldn’t be there to begin with.
If it melts,that will make more habitable living area,more farms,as well as more parking.
I really don’t see a problem.
But most important…. If you are a believer in Christ,he said he is coming back one day.
But you doomsday theorists have no earth no humans to come back to.
Lighten up

Loyal
Says who?
Thousands of years ago the Polar Ice Cap was green fertile soil. They have found giant hairy elephants that were uncovered by the thaw. They still had green grass in their stomach.
That would suggest that the ice shouldn’t be there to begin with.
If it melts,that will make more habitable living area,more farms,as well as more parking.
I really don’t see a problem.
But most important…. If you are a believer in Christ,he said he is coming back one day.
But you doomsday theorists have no earth no humans to come back to.
Lighten up
Yesterday you said that "there's no such thing as climate change". Today you are giving evidence of green grass where the ice caps are now. It seems you've not given this a lot of thought.

And it's tiresome in conversations about climate change having to deal with myriad straw men. Of course there will still be humans on earth when Christ returns.

Active
Yesterday you said that "there's no such thing as climate change". Today you are giving evidence of green grass where the ice caps are now. It seems you've not given this a lot of thought.

And it's tiresome in conversations about climate change having to deal with myriad straw men. Of course there will still be humans on earth when Christ returns.

The ice melting has nothing to do with climate change/global warming.
Ice melts. Put an ice cube on the table and time how long it takes to melt.
Then a block of ice. It will take considerably longer,but will melt.
Now take polar ice caps. It’s taking thousands of years because it’s so huge,but ice melts. And it’s high time

Loyal
The ice melting has nothing to do with climate change/global warming.
Ice melts. Put an ice cube on the table and time how long it takes to melt.
Then a block of ice. It will take considerably longer,but will melt.
Now take polar ice caps. It’s taking thousands of years because it’s so huge,but ice melts. And it’s high time
OK, I give up. It's pretty clear that this conversation is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.