• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Active
I never said you did.

Quote me? I don't see where you have.

Yes, banishment is eternal. Punishment is eternal. Period in fire, well that is a terrible assumption you are making.

Says the one who hasn't quote a scripture in their last 15 posts and puts not effort into rebuttals.

Feel free.

I take no offence to it coming from someone who does not produce edifying posts. You type like you bored and just want someone to hear your opinion. Like its scriptural.

I have proven that you have painted God as unjust and evil. Why don't you properly address the points I have raised and explain to all how you arrive at a belief where God is not unjust and evil with your statement.

Until you do, I think you calling me a heretic is very ironic. Every statement I make supports God being good and just. Righteous in all His ways. You make statements not caring about whether or not they misrepresent God. That is called failing at your one Christian job which is to be an ambassador for God.

Whatever

I can.
Not equating a mortal judge as being the came but simply, crimes in a court of law where a judge/the Judge takes evidence and according to law gives just punishment.
Your last is your opinion.
Fact is, not all sins are the same.
If you don't understand it's ok.
Jesus Himself testifies to the greater punishment referencing what is awaiting the pharisees. But I don't think burning a little our burning a lot is a wise measure to take. Meaningful issues lay elsewhere.

Active
Jesus Himself testifies to the greater punishment referencing what is awaiting the pharisees. But I don't think burning a little our burning a lot is a wise measure to take. Meaningful issues lay elsewhere.
Their punishment is irrelevant to what I'm explaining.
Since people don't learn as efficiently as others, then putting any info or an idea in a different way IS logical.
It's not adding to or twisting anything.

Their punishment is irrelevant to what I'm explaining.
Since people don't learn as efficiently as others, then putting any info or an idea in a different way IS logical.
It's not adding to or twisting anything.
Its not so much the relevancy of the details just the implication that some things to me are just wasteful to measure. My God Is my shelter there is none whatsoever found in the degrees of offense to Him.

Active
Why would God say this to Cain?

“…….! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”

Made that one up, did you?

Notice also... "Cain" is not born again.

So, You are not to "subdue" sin. You are to be "made free" from it, as "Christ Always Gives me the VICTORY" .. over the world, the flesh, and the devil..

How?

by becoming..."The Righteousness of GOD, in Christ".

Made that one up, did you?

Notice also... "Cain" is not born again.

So, You are not to "subdue" sin. You are to be "made free" from it, as "Christ Always Gives me the VICTORY" .. over the world, the flesh, and the devil..

How?

by becoming..."The Righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
Now Now Now Boys don't play with the fire you may get burned.

And trying to "sound clever" failed again for you.
SIN Is Not A Toy My Friend Don't Play With It. How cleaver a concept is that? Is there such a thing as a smart answer for it? Playing with fire was a kind way of putting it. Very sorry it landed as a joke on you. So what is the nature sin contains that makes it wrong? Can we start there instead of a slapping match contest?

Active
The only "sin" that "Leads to Hell" is this one.

John 3:36
No. There are more.
The term blasphemy may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. Blasphemy is also attributing some evil to God or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This particular case of blasphemy, however, is called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31.
Equate Jesus' works i.e. miracles and "possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:24) to evil.

Active
SIN Is Not A Toy My Friend

"God hath made JESUS to be SIN for us'....

"Jesus is the ONE TIME.... ETERNAL Sacrifice for SIN"

See those? @hopefulson ?????????

That is John 3:16

John 3:17

2 Corinthians 5:19

Romans 4:8

So, if you are not born again, then of course you have your sin. But if the person is born again, then Jesus has their sin.

See THE CROSS of CHRIST (for the update) on (forgiven sin).

Is HOMOSEXUALITY a "sin"?

Its an incredible one.

I think one day we as Christians will be punished for 'hate crimes' due to
the strong language used against the practice of homosexuality?
One day. I think that will be only the beginning.

Active
I think one day we as Christians will be punished for 'hate crimes' due to
the strong language used against the practice of homosexuality?
One day. I think that will be only the beginning.

Nonsense.

"
24 Then the Lord rained down brimstone (flaming sulfur) and fire on Sodom and on Gomorrah from the Lord out of heaven,
25 and He overthrew (demolished, ended) those cities, and the entire valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and whatever grew on the ground.
27 Abraham started out early the next morning to the place where he [only the day before] had stood before the Lord; 28 and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley [of the Dead Sea]; and he saw, and behold, the smoke of [e]the land went up like the smoke of a kiln (pottery furnace)."

@Bethel

Maybe I wasn’t concise in my statement and I apologise.

I believe that one day; Christians may face repercussions for using strong language against homosexuality,
potentially being labeled as committing 'hate crimes.' This could mark the beginning of a larger trend.

I appreciate your perspective and the scripture you've shared. However, interpretations of passages like the
one from Sodom and Gomorrah can vary among Christians. What experiences or beliefs have influenced your views on my post?
I'm interested in understanding why you called it 'Nonsense.'

God Bless...

Active
We have been persecuted, insulted, and attacked for our views on Alphabet people.
Very different then some communist Gestapo "police" coming to one's home, breaking the door, and arresting us while guns are pointed at us and our loved ones.
Will that happen? It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

Active

@Bethel

Maybe I wasn’t concise in my statement and I apologise.

I believe that one day; Christians may face repercussions for using strong language against homosexuality,
potentially being labeled as committing 'hate crimes.' This could mark the beginning of a larger trend.

I appreciate your perspective and the scripture you've shared. However, interpretations of passages like the
one from Sodom and Gomorrah can vary among Christians. What experiences or beliefs have influenced your views on my post?
I'm interested in understanding why you called it 'Nonsense.'

God Bless...

I actually like @Bethel 's reply to your post. She is simply making the point I believe that before we face repercussions, God's patience with them will run out :).

I do believe that the last days we are in now will be a short period of turbulence. God wants to maximize His return of saints in heaven and the devil wants to maximize his time in the sun. As such the Holy Spirit will certainly hold the devil back and keep a balance of good and evil up to the appointed time of the rapture. The tribulation is the devils time in the sun. This is a fixed date in time, seven years before the end of the sixth day. As such I believe the rapture will be very close to the start of the tribulation. I expect 4-5 years of mild discomfort and perhaps 1-2 years of extreme discomfort for Christians prior to the tribulation. Granted many Christians in certain countries have extreme discomfort right now, but not so much for those in Christian dominated countries.

Active
I guess I should share some observations and thoughts. Just to raise some eyebrows and blood pressures Jesus never mentioned the word gay or any reference to it or the action ever. All knowing and all seeing Jesus Christ left this portion of law establishment blank. There is no doubt there is law associated with the condition but not one mentioned by Jesus. Now that bears consideration but it can never bear argument, Jesus Rules. Considering is not deciding it is the action of consideration. That statement alone will produce controversy and contention but not contained within a faith that Jesus Christ is the author of.

This is an incorrect statement. Jesus preached regularly in the Synagogue Luke 4:16-37. He used the OT and taught from it. It is only after a session in the wilderness that Jesus started to stir the waters.

Now, what many and I really mean many Christians get wrong is the application and importance of the OT. Jesus did at no point ever oppose or nullify any OT teaching. All scripture is God breathed 2 Tim 3:16-17 and Jesus is the word (OT and NT) John 1:1. Any removal or addition will result in one receiving a terrifying punishment Rev 22:19.

As such, please understand that if you state that ''Jesus did not say X and Y, when X and Y is in scripture / in Him'' you need to pick your words very carefully.

Having said all that. We need to understand that Jesus did not come to re-write Leviticus, it was already written, there was no need to do so. We need to properly understand what Jesus did in fact come to do. That is perhaps a topic for another thread.

Now let me observe something about the agenda which is what the thread is about. The agenda is an offense. It is an intrusion on the sacred psyche of individuals and seeks to establish a new bullying approach to that sacredness as legitimate conduct, not just legitimate but even right. That is a condescending position of conceit and dominance. Now that is something Jesus did condemn when confronting the pressure tactics of the pharisees. So objectionable did our Lord find it that the pharisees who displayed this character were the only group exhibiting the only sin nature wholly and completely condemned. Gay is personal. That doesn't excuse it or bless it but it does say as is inferred by the absence of Jesus's addressing of it that the Spirit of Jesus Christ is standing with the same sacred respect for the individual that the gay agenda so solidly disrespects. The agenda disgraces every soul that would stand separately with a stance and a place of it's own will that does not agree with theirs. A ravaging, desecrating, bullying character standing on the edge of violence and sometimes even crossing the line.

You are not properly discerning the matter. Paul very clearly isolates a 'brother so called' 1 Cor 5:11 who is guilty of sexual immorality in 1 Cor 5:1. Then in 1 Cor 5:9-10 he mentions the following:

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people, not at all referring to the immoral of this world ......... not even to eat with such a person.

Here Paul gives us a clear instruction on our interaction with homosexuals / anyone overtaken with sexual sin.

If it is still not clear, what he is stating can be summarized as follows:

1. Remove any who call themselves a Christian and are known to be in a gross sexual sin, from the congregation.
2. Do not even eat with them.
3. If they do not profess to be a Christian, welcome them into church and feel free to eat with them.