• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

"Jesus never mentioned the word gay or any reference to it or the action ever." Untrue.
We don't know every single word He said. We do know God's stance on all sins and b/c "Jesus IS God" therefore He has spoken on it. Why you and so many make this false argument is laughable.
That's the excuse people who DO support the Alphabet sins always regurgitate.

God set the human standard with Adam and Eve.
One man to one woman. Heterosexuality.
Everything else is a sin, abnormal, evil, disgusting, perverted, depraved, etc.
No book can contain EVERY second of Jesus life let alone anyone, Disciples, their Disciples, etc.
God made the Bible SIMPLE.
BTW fill me in what are the alphabet sins?
Rev 22:18; I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;
Rev 22:19; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

It really is that simple.
I disagree, it is your perspective that is that simple. Real Love of Jesus Christ, His will, and His Word, is simpler yet. The Lord's sheep will flee from a voice they do not know. So what is simpler to know the voice of the Lord, or to wall up your heart attempting to avoid error. Do you fear? I am sensing there must be a reason you find no merit in what I am saying and have no affinity of heart for the call to the deep abiding Faith that I am promoting. Why can't you see it? The answer is extremely personal and not for forum exploration. I am sorry and apologize if you felt led in that direction by me. Nonetheless Jesus Christ is my savor. I know it is an impossible task to save myself. I know I do not deserve it but He did it anyway. It is annihilating Grace that wipes my value away incorporating it into His Own. Crucifying me with Him and embracing me with all He is. Such a fact is not theology. Many things ring so very true in the experience but without much more detail it is as you say simple to know or as The Lord states as what to know to a disciple ( indeed only one thing ) and if you will believe it you need only humbly ask to know that thing. He knows everything about us. Don't spend any more time saying no to the wrong things courting agony when you can get to the same place of a secure heart by saying yes to the right thing and know freedom and Peace besides with a simple embrace of Jesus Christ while holding no baggage. My heart is with you B-A-C as are my prayers.

Active
BTW I missed the fact that you accused my position as supporting sin and adding to that your own adjective of laughable. What sin is supported and just how is that done by me?
How is typing a lengthy off-topic response helping this? It isn't.
You're the one that typed ""Jesus never mentioned the word gay or any reference to it or the action ever."
I've explained a very simple thing above.
If you can't infer something or know the standard by which He set that's on you.
The most logical reason/answer on this topic is ALL gay sin is just that. This idea that Jesus never spoke on EVERY single sin is absurd.
That response is exactly what those who say He "never did" and do make excuses for sin use.
If God says something is a sin it is and opinion otherwise is irrelevant.
Did Jesus ever speak about animal abuse and puppy mills? No. By your stance that would make it ok.
Did Jesus ever speak on price gouging Medicine, food, and water? No
There are countless things Jesus didn't "directly" speak on.
God gave you common sense and logic.

How is typing a lengthy off-topic response helping this? It isn't.
You're the one that typed ""Jesus never mentioned the word gay or any reference to it or the action ever."
I've explained a very simple thing above.
If you can't infer something or know the standard by which He set that's on you.
The most logical reason/answer on this topic is ALL gay sin is just that. This idea that Jesus never spoke on EVERY single sin is absurd.
That response is exactly what those who say He "never did" and do make excuses for sin use.
If God says something is a sin it is and opinion otherwise is irrelevant.
Did Jesus ever speak about animal abuse and puppy mills? No. By your stance that would make it ok.
Did Jesus ever speak on price gouging Medicine, food, and water? No
There are countless things Jesus didn't "directly" speak on.
God gave you common sense and logic.
You don't get it. And I'm not going further except to say that every Christian including you and me needs to guard against becoming pharisaical in our relationship toward The Spirit of Jesus Christ. It is not permitted. Some how you believe that I have a position that advocates homosexuality or dismisses the degradation as non existent. I don't know why you are stuck on that belief but I see the fact that you are as a problem. The problem is not mine.

Active
You don't get it. And I'm not going further except to say that every Christian including you and me needs to guard against becoming pharisaical in our relationship toward The Spirit of Jesus Christ. It is not permitted. Some how you believe that I have a position that advocates homosexuality or dismisses the degradation as non existent. I don't know why you are stuck on that belief but I see the fact that you are as a problem. The problem is not mine.
I'm not gay or Alphabet therefore I don't need "reminding" and am staying on topic.
God says Alphabet sins are sins then "Yes, Lord". Simple.

Being Gay is a sexual orientation that was against the law on the past so your arrested for your sexuality now it legal, pedofilije is a crime and a sexual orientation whens it going to be legal

Being Gay is a sexual orientation that was against the law on the past so your arrested for your sexuality now it legal, pedofilije is a crime and a sexual orientation whens it going to be legal
I seem to be having difficulty in getting the point across that I am demonstrating here as a perspective. So here it goes again. I will use a different track. Let me start with a deep question. If a person can't or won't use the word NO in whatever moral or value issue they might be addressing, in that issue do they actually morally exist? Moral = value, what we value and how deeply we value it.

There are two kinds of aspects to the word no. One has a brutal assertive and willful nature. It begins right from the start to take a stand and enforce it. But then there is another kind of foundation for the word no. It is not legal but is value driven entirely. An example would be when a mother senses danger for a child. Because the value of the child is so extreme no danger or threat matters. There is no possibility of retreat or surrender. It is The Love that establishes those parameters. That is the God type of No. It is from there The Lord's pinnacle of Love that it is established. It is from there also is His establishment of redemption and The Cross. Anyone who takes upon themselves condemnation of anyone professing to be gay dismisses and devalues the overbearing, over reaching Love of God's Own heart that yours and my redemption is founded on. This does not mean advocacy of homosexuality is right in anyway at all. In fact the imposing of those views and that life style on others is a powerful and deep offense that requires a serious application of the word no. It is a solemn duty of Christians to keep our hands clean of offending the unoffensive nature of The Holy Spirit. But make absolutely no mistake sin is sin and gets it's definition through the same mechanism by offending The Spirit of Love Himself. The Spirit that Life is worth anything at all without. It is this statement that clearly defines and ups the scale in Mathew 5 The Sermon On The Mount. ( You Have Heard It Said ) anger = murder, there is adulterous guilt in lustful eyes, the list goes on and on. It is our heart that matters and no observance of law can take it's place. Humility to the full before God's Grace is the ultimate requirement. ( The least will be greatest, servant of all ) There is no cheating the principal the proud and self assertive will undoubtedly face shame. This is a good effort of explanation God Bless All of You.

I'm not gay or Alphabet therefore I don't need "reminding" and am staying on topic.
God says Alphabet sins are sins then "Yes, Lord". Simple.
I seem to be having difficulty in getting the point across that I am demonstrating here as a perspective. So here it goes again. I will use a different track. Let me start with a deep question. If a person can't or won't use the word NO in whatever moral or value issue they might be addressing, in that issue do they actually morally exist? Moral = value, what we value and how deeply we value it.

There are two kinds of aspects to the word no. One has a brutal assertive and willful nature. It begins right from the start to take a stand and enforce it. But then there is another kind of foundation for the word no. It is not legal but is value driven entirely. An example would be when a mother senses danger for a child. Because the value of the child is so extreme no danger or threat matters. There is no possibility of retreat or surrender. It is The Love that establishes those parameters. That is the God type of No. It is from there The Lord's pinnacle of Love that it is established. It is from there also is His establishment of redemption and The Cross. Anyone who takes upon themselves condemnation of anyone professing to be gay dismisses and devalues the overbearing, over reaching Love of God's Own heart that yours and my redemption is founded on. This does not mean advocacy of homosexuality is right in anyway at all. In fact the imposing of those views and that life style on others is a powerful and deep offense that requires a serious application of the word no. It is a solemn duty of Christians to keep our hands clean of offending the unoffensive nature of The Holy Spirit. But make absolutely no mistake sin is sin and gets it's definition through the same mechanism by offending The Spirit of Love Himself. The Spirit that Life is worth anything at all without. It is this statement that clearly defines and ups the scale in Mathew 5 The Sermon On The Mount. ( You Have Heard It Said ) anger = murder, there is adulterous guilt in lustful eyes, the list goes on and on. It is our heart that matters and no observance of law can take it's place. Humility to the full before God's Grace is the ultimate requirement. ( The least will be greatest, servant of all ) There is no cheating the principal the proud and self assertive will undoubtedly face shame. This is a good effort of explanation God Bless All of You.

Active
But make absolutely no mistake sin is sin and gets it's definition through the same mechanism by offending The Spirit of Love Himself. The Spirit that Life is worth anything at all without. It is this statement that clearly defines and ups the scale in Mathew 5 The Sermon On The Mount. ( You Have Heard It Said ) anger = murder, there is adulterous guilt in lustful eyes, the list goes on and on. It is our heart that matters and no observance of law can take it's place. Humility to the full before God's Grace is the ultimate requirement. ( The least will be greatest, servant of all ) There is no cheating the principal the proud and self assertive will undoubtedly face shame. This is a good effort of explanation God Bless All of You.

Just to nitpick.

I disagree with this section of your post.

1. Sin is sin, correct. But it also has degrees. Both statements are true and sound.

2. Anger is not equal to murder and nor is adulterous thoughts equal to adultery. Jesus makes a statement in Matt 5:28 that He qualifies in Matt 5:32. As such, teaching that sin is sin is a half truth. Something false teachers do. Be very careful to not do this intentionally. Now that you know according to Matt 5:32 that thoughts of adultery are not grounds for divorce, please never use the statement sin is sin, without stating that it also has degrees. Sin is sin and sin has degrees.

3. Degrees of sin can indicate how far down the line of no return someone is. Sodom was destroyed because their sins were grievous Gen 18:20. Not because it was reported that children were stealing candy from the candy store.

Active
I don’t see where God holds one sin worse than another. As the old saying goes,you will go to hell for lying same as you would for stealing.

Active
I don’t see where God holds one sin worse than another. As the old saying goes,you will go to hell for lying same as you would for stealing.

You need to read Leviticus then.

Also, I literally gave the scripture where Jesus explains that actual adultery is worse then the thought? Lentz, c'mon. Please read a post before replying ;).

Just to nitpick.

I disagree with this section of your post.

1. Sin is sin, correct. But it also has degrees. Both statements are true and sound.

2. Anger is not equal to murder and nor is adulterous thoughts equal to adultery. Jesus makes a statement in Matt 5:28 that He qualifies in Matt 5:32. As such, teaching that sin is sin is a half truth. Something false teachers do. Be very careful to not do this intentionally. Now that you know according to Matt 5:32 that thoughts of adultery are not grounds for divorce, please never use the statement sin is sin, without stating that it also has degrees. Sin is sin and sin has degrees.

3. Degrees of sin can indicate how far down the line of no return someone is. Sodom was destroyed because their sins were grievous Gen 18:20. Not because it was reported that children were stealing candy from the candy store.
I appreciate what you are posting but remember guilty of one is guilty of all. There is this verse 1 John describing ( sin unto death ) obviously it is apparent there are degrees but with The Lord's coming so close it is a game I don't dare to play. There are also danger signals a great falling away is taking place before our eyes. Anyway maintain your relationship with The Lord.

Active
You need to read Leviticus then.

Also, I literally gave the scripture where Jesus explains that actual adultery is worse then the thought? Lentz, c'mon. Please read a post before replying ;).

The post makes no sense

Sin is sin

Christ says anyone who hurts one of these little ones , would wish he had millstone about his neck, but it is no more a sin than a liar.

Read scripture correctly

I appreciate what you are posting but remember guilty of one is guilty of all. There is this verse 1 John describing ( sin unto death ) obviously it is apparent there are degrees but with The Lord's coming so close it is a game I don't dare to play. There are also danger signals a great falling away is taking place before our eyes. Anyway maintain your relationship with The Lord.
Perhaps I should be more cognizant of my audience. But it is a literary failing as well. A very short explanation of a deeper idea. Purity is the goal here and pushing at it is indeed harmful. But there are many things here to explore in depth and I am seeing that short answers without the exploration are equally harmful. Much dialog is lost in cutting a process short.

Active
Sin is sin

What scripture are you quoting? That is a half truth as I have explained. You cannot teach it in isolation.

Christ says anyone who hurts one of these little ones , would wish he had millstone about his neck,

Correct, that is why we must not teach half truths that deceive people.

but it is no more a sin than a liar.

No. The scripture you referred to speaks to stumbling and making one of His anointed children fall.

Whoever does that is in big trouble with God. You do not make one of His children fall by 'stealing candy from their candy store'. Something like a man raping a woman can make the woman commit suicide. Something like leading the young children astray with false teaching like half truths, this will stumble His children.

Read scripture correctly

I could not agree more. Please show me where you think I am not.

1. When I read the OT / Leviticus I see God instituted punishment depending on sins. Some sinners got a warning, some a lashing, some were cast out of society, some were stoned to death, some were burnt at the stake.
2. The bible says in Num 23:19 that God does not change.
3. Paul identifies a man guilty of incest (1 Cor 5:1) in a congregation and says he is not one of us (1 Cor 5:11).
4. Paul urges Christians to judge matters better then the unsaved in 1 Cor 6:1-9.
5. Jesus explains in Matt 5:32 that we must not divorce unless there is actual adultery. Not merely thoughts of adultery as He mentions in Matt 5:28.

Last edited:
Active
I appreciate what you are posting but remember guilty of one is guilty of all.

Yes and that is a point separate to degrees of sin. As I said 'sin is sin and sin has degrees'.

There is this verse 1 John describing ( sin unto death ) obviously it is apparent there are degrees but with The Lord's coming so close it is a game I don't dare to play.

I find 1 John 5:16-17 very interesting.

6 If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and Godwill give him life to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; lI do not say that one should pray for that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

It is very easy to tie it up to scripture on the unpardonable sin and to examples of people in the OT who would continue in grievous / mortal sins unrepentant and receive the 'death penalty'.

The unpardonable sin is cursing the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is here to teach us about Jesus. This makes cursing the Holy Spirit, cursing Jesus. Refusing the gospel of Jesus. Jesus is the way the truth and the light, nobody comes to the Father but by Him. Hence, cursing Jesus is an unpardonable sin. It just needs to be full measure.

Sin unto death, we don't need to invent an explanation. Every incident where God released His wrath on mankind resulting in their death is evidence of 'sin unto death'. I quoted Gen 18:20 for you. Sodom was committing grievous / mortal sins. We know that the Amalekites committed grievous / mortal sins. God spared them for as long as He could as we read in Gen 15:16 that He waited until their sin was 'full measure'. Then in Leviticus we can see a host of sins that would receive capital punishment / death.

This would make 'sins unto death' mortal sins as Catholics would term it. Sins warranting capital punishment. In addition we learn from Paul in 1 Cor 6:9-12 that it could also be continuing in unrepentant venial sins. That I guess we could argue would need to also include an outright rejection of Jesus. Only God can see a persons heart and know when they are sold out to a love of what is evil as per Jer 17:9-12. This is hard to gauge with venial sins.

There are also danger signals a great falling away is taking place before our eyes. Anyway maintain your relationship with The Lord.

The end times tests faith brutally. Only true Christians can stay loyal to God when times are terrible. Scary times indeed. For many they are already in it!!

Active
All are familiar with this phrase.

"Love the sinner, hate the sin".

So, regarding human sexuality... it is a fact that God does not accept or condone, homosexuality.

Also, there is a lot of discussion regarding....>"are they born this way". ???

Now, here is what to think about that..

Gays do not reproduce, they Recruit.

Genesis 19 explains that God dealt with homosexuals in a way that offends how some interpret "God is Love".

But you have to understand that God is also HOLY.. and so, God Holiness, is not defined as "Tolerance", and so, we have to view "alt sexuality" as perversion that we dont accept.

Now in the USA and in Israel, Homosexuality is "legal".

There are many countries in this world that will kill you LEGALLY. = for having a perverted sexuality such as child molesting, bestiality, homosexuality.... or similar.
They dont view Gay Sex Acts or Child Rape, or any of this, as a "choice" or a "ethnic group" or a "civil right'.
They view you as a perverted immoral deviant, and they will put you to death, Legally, and they dont ask you how you "" feel about it"" as they are about to cut off your head or burn you alive or flay your skin off.

I wanted to share with you, "The Gay Agenda".

Read it and notice that its in effect in the USA., and has been for quite a long time.

The GAY Agenda :

1.) "“The first order of business is desensitization of the American public concerning gays and gay rights. To desensitize the public is to help it view homosexuality with indifference""""

2. ) “The Overhauling of Straight America” as the “bible” of the homosexual agenda.'"

3. ) “almost any behavior begins to look normal if you are exposed to enough of it . . . The way to benumb raw sensitivities about homosexuality is to have a lot of people talk a great deal about the subject in a neutral or supportive way . . . Constant talk builds the impression that public opinion is at least divided on the subject, and that a sizable segment accepts or even practices homosexuality.
“And when we say talk about homosexuality, we mean just that. In the early stages of any campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed .""

4.) '""When we are exposed to anything repeatedly, it becomes routine and normal. What initially might shock someone eventually can become acceptable. And acceptability is the ultimate goal. What at one time was highly offensive to the vast majority of Americans is now no big deal. They’ve been lulled into complacency."""

5.) """Where we talk is important, The average American household watches over seven hours of TV daily. Those hours open up a gateway into the private world of straights, through which a Trojan horse might be passed . . .
“So far, gay Hollywood has provided our best covert weapon in the battle to desensitize the mainstream. Bit by bit over the past ten years, gay characters and gay themes have been introduced into TV programs and films . . . On the whole the impact has been encouraging.”

6.)'"When conservative churches condemn gays, there are only two things we can do to confound the homophobia of true believers. First, we can use talk to muddy the moral waters. This means publicizing support for gays by more moderate churches,"""

7.) “In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be cast as victims in need of protection,”

8.) "If gays are presented, instead, as a strong and prideful tribe promoting a rigidly nonconformist and deviant lifestyle, they are more likely to be seen as a public menace that justifies resistance and oppression. For that reason, we must forego the temptation to strut our ‘gay pride’ publicly when it conflicts with the Gay Victim image,”
“It almost goes without saying that groups on the farthest margin of acceptability such as NAMBLA [the North American Man-Boy Love Association, which as its name suggests promotes adult-child homosexual sex] must play no part at all in such a campaign: suspected child-molesters will never look like victims . . .

9.) “At a later stage of the media campaign for gay rights . . . it will be time to get tough with remaining opponents. To be blunt, they must be vilified . . . Our goal here is twofold. First, we seek to replace the mainstream’s homophobia with shame and guilt. Second, we intend to make the anti-gays look so nasty that average Americans will want to dissociate themselves from such types”

10.) ""
You say we all lead lives you don’t respect. But you’re just frightened. You think that we’ll corrupt your kids if our agenda goes unchecked. Funny, just this once, you’re correct.”
“We’ll convert your children – happens bit by bit, quietly and subtly and you will barely notice it…”
“Just like you’re worried, they’ll change their group of friends, you won’t approve of where they go at night. And you’ll be disgusted when they start finding things online that you kept far from their sight…”

Sounds like the devil at work. Thanks for sharing.

Active
I don't believe I was "born this way." My addiction is not going to go away, but I can still make choices that would be acceptable to God.
Being bi is not a sin, nor is being an alcoholic or a crackhead. Addiction is not a sin, but giving in to an addiction is. Trying and failing to control an addiction is not a sin. I've been trying and failing, but I continue to try.

It is a lust of the flesh and a very hard one to shake without some real intimate time with Jesus and His word. I practiced it all before I got saved. He set me free from practicing these immoral desires.

I honestly feel for all who are saved, never touched that space and are now tempted to touch it. There is so much temptation and influence today as the OP explains. I do believe God is extra merciful in the last days. We do not serve a foolish God. He considers everything. Praying for you!! we are all in this fight together. Will have a cup of tea in heaven and discuss this in heaven! Don't give up the fight!

Active
What scripture are you quoting? That is a half truth as I have explained. You cannot teach it in isolation.

Correct, that is why we must not teach half truths that deceive people.

No. The scripture you referred to speaks to stumbling and making one of His anointed children fall.

Whoever does that is in big trouble with God. You do not make one of His children fall by 'stealing candy from their candy store'. Something like a man raping a woman can make the woman commit suicide. Something like leading the young children astray with false teaching like half truths, this will stumble His children.

I could not agree more. Please show me where you think I am not.

1. When I read the OT / Leviticus I see God instituted punishment depending on sins. Some sinners got a warning, some a lashing, some were cast out of society, some were stoned to death, some were burnt at the stake.
2. The bible says in Num 23:19 that God does not change.
3. Paul identifies a man guilty of incest (1 Cor 5:1) in a congregation and says he is not one of us (1 Cor 5:11).
4. Paul urges Christians to judge matters better then the unsaved in 1 Cor 6:1-9.
5. Jesus explains in Matt 5:32 that we must not divorce unless there is actual adultery. Not merely thoughts of adultery as He mentions in Matt 5:28.
To sin simply means to fall short,miss the mark.
If you want to believe one sin is greater than another,fine.
But don’t expect everyone to follow along.
Sin is sin, hell is hell. No matter which one you feel is greater, the consequences are the same

Active
To sin simply means to fall short,miss the mark.
If you want to believe one sin is greater than another,fine.
But don’t expect everyone to follow along.

Lentz, it is not 'what I personally believe' it is what scripture clearly teaches.

Please, your next post needs scriptures, else I am done talking to you on this.

Sin is sin, hell is hell. No matter which one you feel is greater, the consequences are the same

This is another mistake many make. Do you think you stop sinning in heaven? Do you think angels in heaven are perfect?

Sin is sin and it has degrees. Hell is a home for unrepentant sinners. Repentant sinners go to heaven / are in heaven. All are sinners. Only God is good and perfect Mark 10:18.