• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Once saved can we lose our salvation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a thief on a cross under the old covenant ?

No, but if I was a thief on the cross under the old covenant I still wouldn't have walked with Jesus Christ in paradise. The thief was saved by Jesus Christ directly, not by the old covenant. This is a prime example of grace through faith.

Also when people asked Jesus how exactly do they become saved, he tells them in one statement. The statement is about faith. They are saved before they are baptized.

Can you show me where in the bible does it say you have to speak in tongues to enter the kingdom of god?

This is satement that Paul believed you could not loose your salvation and "Once Saved Always Saved".

In Hebrews, Paul was talking here to belivers about non-belivers, specifically about Temple Spies that were in their midsts, speaking of being belivers and Christians but ,in fact, were trying to lure people back to the temple to participate in sacrifices.

To sin willfully is no Christian, believer or an aspect of one that is saved through having the Holy Spirit living in them.

He is essentially is saying it is impossible to be saved, loose your salvation and to be saved again at your whelm.

The argument is that Christ died one time for us. That's why unlike any Priest before him, when Christ was finished he, in fact, sat down signifying his work was complete. No Priest before him was allowed to sit down in the Temple.

Paul was explaining to his congregation that these , so call Christians, did not have the faith and were not saved or Christians in the first place.
He was saying that there is no such thing as being a Christian (recieve the knowledge of truth or the Holy Spirit) and then fall away ( loose what God gave you as a gift) and become a non-Christian again; you would simply not have been saved yet.

That would be an insult to Christ and say that his work was not sufficient; he is not going to come back, suffer the humiliation all over again and die for you a second time.

When you are truly saved, you are sanctified by Christ's blood and it is a done deal. God said that he would never leave or forsake us and He is not going to take his gift back.

Are you referencing Hebrews 6 in this post?

Born -again , born from above ,born of God , born of the Spirit is All God giving us a New Spirit which cannot sin!

It made in the image of our LORD JESUS CHRIST!
It has His type mind and nature!

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Jesus started a brand new race of beings!
Made just like He is !

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

It only our Spirit, once Born of GOD that cannot sin!
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

That is our Spirit, He wants us walking and living though!
His Spirit dwelling in our spirit! He teaches us ,guides us and reveals things to us!

He never leaves us or forsakes us! In order to lose salvation? You must be able to sin!Our Spirit once born of GOD, cannot sin.It hates sin just as much as Our father God does!
It groans to Him to be freed of this sin filled body!

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

We Do not hear it groan, if we did we would be very unhappy!

This is the SEED we are born into GODS family of!
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Active

RJ

Born -again , born from above ,born of God , born of the Spirit is All God giving us a New Spirit which cannot sin!

It made in the image of our LORD JESUS CHRIST!
It has His type mind and nature!

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Jesus started a brand new race of beings!
Made just like He is !

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

It only our Spirit, once Born of GOD that cannot sin!
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

That is our Spirit, He wants us walking and living though!
His Spirit dwelling in our spirit! He teaches us ,guides us and reveals things to us!

He never leaves us or forsakes us! In order to lose salvation? You must be able to sin!Our Spirit once born of GOD, cannot sin.It hates sin just as much as Our father God does!
It groans to Him to be freed of this sin filled body!

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

2Co 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

2Co 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

We Do not hear it groan, if we did we would be very unhappy!

This is the SEED we are born into GODS family of!
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

1Jn 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

I think a whole lot of verses here, none of which prove your point that if we are saved, we can not sin. I say this with all love and respect, that is rediculous.

We are free form the penalty of sin but we are not free from sining.

You tell me that you never have doubt, that you are never negative?
To be alive, to be human is to still be imperfect and both of these are sins. Anything outside of Gods perfect being is a sin.

Sure he calls us righteous and holy, not us, not one of us (Christian or not) is worthy but only him who is in us. Christ in us can not sin but we are still partly in the flesh and the flesh can Why do you think God calls us blameless....blameless of what?
Jesus took away our sins from the sight of God, he did not stop us from sining 24/7. To not sin is to be perfect, we are hardly that.

Look at Romans 7 and see where Paul talks about the struggle with in him, the struggle between the flesh and the spirit. He himself says that he does not do the things that he wants to do and that he does the things that he doesn't want to do.

In the first sentence of Romans 8 Paul follows up with this problem (paraphrasing) : " For now there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ". Condemnation from what? From sin! If we had no sin, no condemnation wouldn't even be considered.

Look at the end of 1 COR 13. Paul is talking about when we die, then and only then will we be perfect, and then and only then we will be able to look at God face to face and understand as well as he understands. Not until this perfection will you be totally free from all sin.

Last edited:
Yes,
Hebrews 6:4

Hebrews 6 actually refers to those who practice the old covenant ways to forgiveness. It starts off as explaining that we have to move on from old teachings, and into faith and grace.

Then it moves on to explain that there is nothing left in the old ways of sacrifice because the price has been paid in full, forever. 4-6 directly refers to those who fall away, and back into the old covenant and how it doesn't work anymore. It also states that there is no more sacrifice and their actions try to crucify Jesus Christ all over again. The Hebrews had to forget their old habits, and accept the new truth.

It is also in Hebrews 10:26

10 Carries on a little from 6, reminding us about falling back into the old covenant. It comes off as just sin in general, but sins are not held against the faithful. So it refers to yet again, the ones who are practicing the old covenant. 10:29 points at unbelief.

I think a whole lot of verses here, none of which prove your point that if we are saved, we can not sin. I say this with all love and respect, that is rediculous.

We are free form the penalty of sin but we are not free from sining.

You tell me that you never have doubt, that you are never negative?
To be alive, to be human is to still be imperfect and both of these are sins. Anything outside of Gods perfect being is a sin.

Sure he calls us righteous and holy, not us, not one of us (Christian or not) is worthy but only him who is in us. Why do you think God calls us blameless....blameless of what?
Jesus took away our sins from the sight of God, he did not stop us from sining 24/7. To not sin is to be perfect, we are hardly that.

Look at the end of 1 COR 13. Paul is talking about when we die, then and only then will we be perfect, and then and only then we will be able to look at God face to face and understand as well as he understands. Not until this perfection will you be totally free from all sin.

I agree 100% with you. If somehow any one of us could be perfect, wouldn't that make us as worthy as Jesus Christ? Which is something we all know that we are not! However, when accepting the Holy Spirit our souls become purified and unable to sin. It is purely spiritual. Remember Romans 7? It describes to us our feelings every time we sin. When we sin, we believe that it is wrong. We do not try to justify it. We do not try to make excuses or blame it on anything but ourselves. We believe and know for a fact that it is our fault. That is the work of the Holy Spirit.

This is all from my current research and understanding. It is all my own understanding. I am always open minded and respect your opinions and thoughts. I mean no offense, not one bit. :D

All scriptures are TRUTH! It takes the Spirit of truth to open our eyes to them!
It the understanding that counts!

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Only our Spirit is born of GOD! we All still live in sin filled dying bodies ,a short time!

The only difference between Gods children and the world is our Spirit!

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God
None of our bodies are GODS CHILD! It very clear!

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
It is our Spirit that HE sees as a virgin!

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Heb 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

We , that is our spirit dies at salvation! God makes us a New Creature!a heavenly being! Part of His family and household ! We [our spirit] has eternal life! He declares us His kings and Priests !

He never leaves us or forsakes us!

Now our flesh body and mind is not HIS children! but He wants us to live though our Spirit man !

Listen , the Bond is Jesus Christ and His cross! Not how much knowledge or understanding we have!

the miracles in our lives and others is Wonderful! but it does not make us More or Less in his Body !

We are all called to be his ministers!
2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Each has different anointing s for the work they have been called too!

all of us preach the Good news of Salvation!

Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Luk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Rom 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

It only our Spirit that is washed and clean!

It is sin that defiles us! It sin HE takes away !

1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Active

RJ

Hebrews 6 actually refers to those who practice the old covenant ways to forgiveness. It starts off as explaining that we have to move on from old teachings, and into faith and grace.

Then it moves on to explain that there is nothing left in the old ways of sacrifice because the price has been paid in full, forever. 4-6 directly refers to those who fall away, and back into the old covenant and how it doesn't work anymore. It also states that there is no more sacrifice and their actions try to crucify Jesus Christ all over again. The Hebrews had to forget their old habits, and accept the new truth.

10 Carries on a little from 6, reminding us about falling back into the old covenant. It comes off as just sin in general, but sins are not held against the faithful. So it refers to yet again, the ones who are practicing the old covenant. 10:29 points at unbelief.

I agree 100% with you. If somehow any one of us could be perfect, wouldn't that make us as worthy as Jesus Christ? Which is something we all know that we are not! However, when accepting the Holy Spirit our souls become purified and unable to sin. It is purely spiritual. Remember Romans 7? It describes to us our feelings every time we sin. When we sin, we believe that it is wrong. We do not try to justify it. We do not try to make excuses or blame it on anything but ourselves. We believe and know for a fact that it is our fault. That is the work of the Holy Spirit.

This is all from my current research and understanding. It is all my own understanding. I am always open minded and respect your opinions and thoughts. I mean no offense, not one bit. :D
However, when accepting the Holy Spirit our souls become purified and unable to sin. It is purely spiritual. Remember Romans 7? It describes to us our feelings every time we sin. When we sin, we believe that it is wrong.

Unable to sin and every time we sin contradict one another. We either sin or we don't sin; and I say we all still sin. So, I am not sure that you agree with me 100%.

Also your statement:
Then it moves on to explain that there is nothing left in the old ways of sacrifice because the price has been paid in full, forever. 4-6 directly refers to those who fall away, and back into the old covenant and how it doesn't work anymore.

With respect, No. I believe Pauls is saying to the believers that it is impossible to "Fall Away" once saved. The people who were "falling away" and going back to sacrifices were Christians in name only and were in fact not save in the first place.

Joe

However, when accepting the Holy Spirit our souls become purified and unable to sin. It is purely spiritual. Remember Romans 7? It describes to us our feelings every time we sin. When we sin, we believe that it is wrong.

Unable to sin and every time we sin contradict one another. We either sin or we don't sin; and I say we all still sin. So, I am not sure that you agree with me 100%.

Also your statement:
Then it moves on to explain that there is nothing left in the old ways of sacrifice because the price has been paid in full, forever. 4-6 directly refers to those who fall away, and back into the old covenant and how it doesn't work anymore.

With respect, No. I believe Pauls is saying to the believers that it is impossible to "Fall Away" once saved. The people who were "falling away" and going back to sacrifices were Christians in name only and were in fact not save in the first place.

Joe

We are dead to sin and alive in Jesus Christ. When we accept the Holy Spirit, we die to sin (become separated). Our sinful nature, or our bodies, are not separate from our spirits/soul/heart. (haha, whichever you prefer) Though we do sin here, it is no longer our soul who takes responsibility for the sin, but our bodies. Through belief and by grace alone, our souls are saved and sinless in the eyes of God. Yes we do sin in the flesh, not in the spirit. I think I kinda explained my view a tad bit better lol.

I agree with the statement about Hebrews 6. Our views are a little different but the same ultimate idea comes out. Those who fall away, were not saved. They have decided that "oh wait, Jesus isn't enough". Jesus is our lamb, of course he is good enough. :D

Hope that clears a little up. We have the same end results, just a different way of finding them haha. Weird. :D

Many of the called fall away! The elect cannot fall away! The main reason i guess , is because HE keeps us . We Do not keep our selves!

2Ti 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Demas traveled with Paul no doubt He too did miracles in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST! Yet was never Born -again!

He appeared to be a man of God!

2Ti 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This is MY LORDS GOSPEL!
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Only way Any of us get Salvation is though HIS GOSPEL!

What HE did for us!
We accept it as Truth! and Him into our spirit as LORD and master!
then He gives us a new Spirit and the spirit of truth ,then can dwell in our Spirit!
The flesh body and mind has not changed much !
We Do know the New birth ! It just as profound as our first birth from our mothers! but of our spirit!

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

. Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness

Active

RJ

Hi All.

This questions comes up a lot and i'm still not sure of the answer. But can we lose our salvation?. I've read scripures saying that all we need to do is confess with our mouths that Jesus is our saviour etc and we will then have eternal life but then i read about God punishing others like King david for his sins.
I have had a few struggles with commiting the same sin over and over and i really do repent and do the 180 but i then fall back into sin again. I love Jesus, and i do hate disappointing God and myself. But it always raises the question can you lose your salvation??...
Thanks in advance.. GOD BLESS

I think your question about having eternal life and how God punished King David is a classic example of the Old Testament, Old Covenant and Law verses the New Testament, New Covenant and Grace. We no longer live under the Law but we live under Grace.

About your own struggles, the key here is that you are repentive or remorseful, that is the Holy Spirit in you, a definite sign of your salvation.

For some more answers on this Read Romans 7 and see where Paul talks about his own struggles. Then see what his answer is to those struggles in Romans 8:1.

God Bless

Hello all.

Colossians 1:23

if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Yes, some effort on our part is required, note: grounded and steadfast in the passage above.

In other words we must remain faithful to Jesus Christ. When we remain in Christ our security is eternal.

Guys, anyone who read what I wrote, I pray you forgive me. I was wrong.

Our salvation is everlasting, it never goes away.
Please forgive what I said, "BUT, you can still die in sin." <--- that is wrong, I am sorry.
When you become saved, by believing ON Jesus Christ, your salvation is eternal.
I pray you will all forgive me.

Last edited:
Absolutely. A man can get saved, be on fire and live his life for GOD but oncd he falls back and begins to live in sin then he can no longer b in the presence of GOD. Of course there is a difference.in a saved man slipping and falling then repenting and getting back on the straight and narrow or falling and not repenting and continuing to live in sin. David was a man after Gods own heart but if he had not repented after his adultery and murdering then he would have been out of Gods kingdom for good.

Sent from Android via Tapatalk

cmiller217 - So when can only keep our salvation by our works? Repenting, praying... etc.

Friend, that is called salvation by works, and that is wrong. We are saved because of Jesus' sacrifice, and once welcomed that can never be lost.

Eternal Salvation?

Scripture in John 3:16 tells us we have "everlasting life" "Who soever believes on Jesus Christ has everlasting life" Some translations say "eternal life". So my question what exactaly does "eternal" or "everlasting" mean?

Perhaps no other question have christians asked of me when I was a pastor was. "can I lose my salvation?" Often those who struggled most were those christians that were older christians that had not grown in their faith, or those who had done something after becoming a christian that they feared could not be forgiven.

Satan wants us the be in a constant state of doubt. A christian in a state of doubt is not an effective witness for christ, thus satan is pleased.

May I encourage you to read the book of John. Every verse that says anything about salvation or believing in Jesus underline. Then reread those verses a second tome again. I beleive you just might have a clearer understanding or what eternal means.

Just as a matter of how I understand "accepting Jesus" I find a much better word is "surrender to Jesus Christ as Lord". I really hopes you. Blessings.

The eternal debate.

Jesus has set all lights to green on the highway to heaven.

If and only if you live by the Spirit and not by the flesh.

Live by the flesh and you will die, live in Jesus with the Holy Spirit and nothing will prevent you reaching eternal life in the kingdom of heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.