• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Halloween, How do you feel about it?

Loyal
Actually -- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. -- we have the trinity = God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God and the Holy Spirit.

God is Spirit. Jesus Christ was God incarnet while here on earth. And we are to worship Him in spirit and in truth.
What are you saying ? You don't think Jesus is God ?

Loyal
Let's look at what God's Word says about 'being born again'. We are Not to look at other people for Their definition of -- the love of God will show through a born again believer.
To be saved a person needs to place their faith in the Son of God -- Jesus Christ who died on the cross in our place with our sins and went to hell In our place and then came back -- He died on the cross and was buried and rose again the 3rd day.
The three greatest gifts of the Holy Spirit are faith hope and love . How does Paul describe faith alone . Bang bang bang do you hear that boom boom boom what does that sound like it sounds like faith alone without love

So screaming from the mountain tops in faith without God's love boom boom boom , your faith means nothing .

You must have faith and love to enter Heaven . God is Love

Loyal
John 10:30 "I and My Father are One". The context --He is the Son of God. The second person of the God Head was here on earth. The Holy Spirit is one part that comes to indwell our heart at the moment of salvation.

Active
Show me a single day that the pagans created
Created no, how about twisted the truth to comfort our own condemnations...

We can build more golden idols or more holidays...and still are no closer to God then we ever were.
But go against the grain of peoples personal sensitivities and see evil do its finest work.

God bless you all

Loyal
The three greatest gifts of the Holy Spirit are faith hope and love . How does Paul describe faith alone . Bang bang bang do you hear that boom boom boom what does that sound like it sounds like faith alone without love

So screaming from the mountain tops in faith without God's love boom boom boom , your faith means nothing .

You must have faith and love to enter Heaven . God is Love

Where / on what / is a person placing their faith In.

If I place my faith in my motorcycle that I love to get me to church -- is that going to save me?

Loyal
Created no, how about twisted the truth to comfort our own condemnations...

We can build more golden idols or more holidays...and still are no closer to God then we ever were.
But go against the grain of peoples personal sensitivities and see evil do its finest work.

God bless you all
The love of Jesus. Be yours

You know how the devil loves the twist things around and make it seem like he created or he made for me did the miracle to do all these crazy things right the truth is that he did not

In the same way that he tried to claim Heaven as his own he does it here on God's created world .

A couple things that people tend to forget when it comes to celebrating particular days is that in celebration or in Joy or in happiness or in having fun Satan isn't there . Because Satan is not about having fun or Joy or gladness of heart Satan is all about death and tearing apart Family . The devils only goal is the take you away from God even for a single moment .

So I say hear the children laugh listen to them giggle because all these sounds are what you will hear in heaven as well

Active
The love of Jesus. Be yours

You know how the devil loves the twist things around and make it seem like he created or he made for me did the miracle to do all these crazy things right the truth is that he did not

In the same way that he tried to claim Heaven as his own he does it here on God's created world .

A couple things that people tend to forget when it comes to celebrating particular days is that in celebration or in Joy or in happiness or in having fun Satan isn't there . Because Satan is not about having fun or Joy or gladness of heart Satan is all about death and tearing apart Family . The devils only goal is the take you away from God even for a single moment .

So I say hear the children laugh listen to them giggle because all these sounds are what you will hear in heaven as well
Wow
God's created world that is the devil's domain. It was give to him. This world is God's footstool.
The devil and his evils walk about the earth much more so then God's people. For we remain silent, except here to bash God's people. We're on the same team..
The devil is everywhere; yep, even at the party, and sitting on the front bench.
God bless you on your journey.

Loyal
Wow
God's created world that is the devil's domain. It was give to him. This world is God's footstool.
The devil and his evils walk about the earth much more so then God's people. For we remain silent, except here to bash God's people. We're on the same team..
The devil is everywhere; yep, even at the party, and sitting on the front bench.
God bless you on your journey.
I wish I could show you what I know it would Astound you. The movement of Gods people around the world and what they are doing .

If it was not for the rampant sin of mankind the darkness would not have a leg to stand on . But it is the sin that feeds them .

The devil cannot create things but he sure likes to make a lot of things

You can stop much of the sin that plagues the world through love if you would only open your heart to God's love , but people just do not understand how important God's love is

Active
Actually , ifind the ones who call themselves Christians are the worst .

Even in this chat you can see it . And many will not stand up against such behavior

Jesus tells us to Love our neighbor as ourselves . Jesus says to forgive those who persecute you . Jesus says to love your enemies Jesus tells us ( Jesus is the Word ) through Paul to use the Gifts of the Spirit

So what happens here , among Christians . . " only born again Christians will come to God " what do todays Christians mean by born again exactly , . To be like them ? Or to be filled with love , as God intends . If a person isnot filled with Gods Love , they are not Born Again

Well I totally agree there. Some are so quick to point at your sins or shaming you. I am a Christian, because I believe God is love, period.

Active
I wish I could show you what I know it would Astound you. The movement of Gods people around the world and what they are doing .

If it was not for the rampant sin of mankind the darkness would not have a leg to stand on . But it is the sin that feeds them .

The devil cannot create things but he sure likes to make a lot of things

You can stop much of the sin that plagues the world through love if you would only open your heart to God's love , but people just do not understand how important God's love is
I do...

I dont fear the Occult or any dumb witch or any demon .especially Satan . God's Love lives in me .

I will not cower to the fear mongering set out by the darkness to have silly fun with my children .

Why would any Born Again Christian allow the darkness control over you . On any holiday .

Do you know , its when the darkness works the most , when they dont want you to experience or learn or meet a person . Its then you should pay more attention .

As an example , meeting a person you get the willies from . To me , that is a certain indicator , the darkness does not want me to reach out to that person . Well guess what . I always talk with those i get that feeling from

Bill,
halloween is satan's holiday. It's not fun. It's an offense to God. It's about darkness, demons, devils, witchcraft and it dishonors God bigtime. If you love your kids do not open them up to the demonic with halloween and confess this sin of yours to the Lord as well. We don't eat at the Lord's table and the demon's table. Seek the Lord on this. Holy Spirit will never lead you to celebrate the demonic. Don't think you're immune. God has turned many over to their lusts when they wandered from Him. Repent and return to the Lord.

Active
giphy.gif

Active
Bill,
halloween is satan's holiday. It's not fun. It's an offense to God. It's about darkness, demons, devils, witchcraft and it dishonors God bigtime. If you love your kids do not open them up to the demonic with halloween and confess this sin of yours to the Lord as well. We don't eat at the Lord's table and the demon's table. Seek the Lord on this. Holy Spirit will never lead you to celebrate the demonic. Don't think you're immune. God has turned many over to their lusts when they wandered from Him. Repent and return to the Lord.

I agree. Unfortunately, in this place where many have children I cannot see it suitable to exclude them from events which their very peers participate--otherwise they will suffer even from a young age. Also, the issue isn't holloween, but the themes and associations of it; murder and scare aren't exactly godly, but easter isn't godly either. However, easter is friendly, fun, and inviting. I would note here lastly that children have no clue of the adult war between religions, faiths, and controversy. To them, Halloween is no more than a game and something fun. Please keep this is mind.

Loyal
As a parent -- we Do have the responsibility to be aware of what our children / teens are doing. We are to be guiding them / teaching them in the way they are supposed to be going / doing spiritually. Halloween has been 'glorified' a great deal.

Your comment regarding easter / Resurrection Sunday. That is honoring / celebrating the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is the easter-egg hunt. Apparently that is representing the new life of a coming chicken?! Or maybe it has to do with the egg being compared to the trinity. But I don't see anything wrong with it. There are churches that get colorful plastic eggs that have Bible verses printed on the inside.

Loyal
Bill,
Originally Halloween was known as All Hallows Eve the day before All Saints Day which is reference to all who have passed and are in heaven before us

As I stated to another person error God created all the days of the week . The devil cannot create a day or anything else all he knows how to do is deceive to steal and to destroy .

Now if you said that the pagans have stolen a day maybe so but I say let's take it back let's make it a Christian day they do not own any day of the week God owns them all

Loyal
Bill,
What's sin am I committing by not being afraid of the darkness by not letting the darkness control me because it is God who is in me.

What sin am I committing by celebrating the saints that have gone on before me into heaven are they not alive I mean it says in the scripture if you die in Christ you're still alive in Christ so what sin am I committing