• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

future vaccine becoming the Mark of the Beast foretold of in the Book of Revelation

Loyal
Trevor -- on my FB page yesterday -- there was a list of things that will happen --put out by Dave Ramsey -- when / If a money-less society would come about. Government will have full / Entire control.

Scripture even tells us in Revelation that any one who Does take the mark will experience severe wrath of God. And people Will end up starving.

This world Now is Not our Final home. We need to remember that.

Whatever that mark ends up being -- it will be a mark on either the hand or forehead -- visible to all. Scripture tells us it will be "666" -- So -- let's not jump to unfounded conclusions.

Right now this country seems to be on a slippery slope to ?????????

Active
We people are so headline oriented . Just what if a vaccine for covid19 is an answer to prayer? News headlines have for my lifetime (73 years ) over ridden the Scripture many times. Seek and you will find... I see so much seeking for some mark and antichrist. What has Jesus said ...He said He will loose no one do we trust Him?

Loyal
Reba 1 -- that 'answer to prayer' is so far in the future. People are recovering Now without it. The medications that are available Now aren't being given credit For working. This whole thing is political // the COVID Is real. But it's being over-played a great deal.

You commented about in your lifetime and you're being 73 yrs. old. I'm 71. I've been in Bible -- well - since I've been able to read. Have been in church all my life. When a person reads book of Revelation, there will be evidence Of The mark 666 and the antichrist. And it IS true that God will loose no one. But we Do need to accept Him in the 1st place.

Active
@Sue D. We have much in common :) The 2 years i have on you is a very short time.. I believe meds are also an answer to prayer. . I do not find antichrist any where in the The Revelation of Jesus Christ. We disagree on free will ,Our salvation does not depend on our accepting of Him but His accepting of us... Salvation is by His Grace . This is not the thread for that 2000 year old discussion.. :)

Loyal
Covid-19 is a pestilence, like Ebola, Aids, Mers, Sars, Spanish flu, and others like scarlet fever, small pox, bubonic plaque.

The difference we should note, I feel, is not is it mark of the beast, is it linked to covid vacine or any other such ideas.

The things to note are since 1948, the number of pestilences has increased and many other prophesies.

Matthew 24:4-14 (KJV)
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity [lawlessness] shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Since the 15 May 1948 when Israel was declared a state again, the key to the latter days was turn and the door was opened.

Matthew 24:8 (KJV)
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:8 (NIV2011)
All these are the beginning of birth pains.

When Israel was declared a state again, the door to the latter days was opened. The latter days had been conceived, as we know the birth pangs come towards the end, just before a woman gives birth. That is how close we are to the Tribulation period if it has not already started.

There will be wars and rumours of wars - there has always been was bit since the 1960's we have seen them increase and rumours of wars to.
An increase in earth quakes - statistically records show the number of earth quakes and their severity increasing.
An increase in Pestilences - there have always been pestilences, but again we see more and more and more severe.
Lawless abounds - hearts are hardened, lawlessness can be seen across the world.
Children will be disobedient to there parents - scripture confirms this, we can clearly see it.
There will be raging waters in diverse places - scripture confirms it, we see flooding worldwide.
Just a few of the pointers we already have in The Word.

Just like a pregnancy, as Jesus foretold, the birth pangs are visible, the pangs are increasing in strength, they always do towards the end!

Time is running out, it is all very clear, to those who are born again from above.

These are the signs, the indicators, we should be looking at, look to the scriptures, Jesus is Coming again in Glory, time is shorter than many think.

Shalom

Loyal
@reba 1 -- The term Antichrist is not found in the book of Revelation, but I just relocated it specifically in 1 John 2: 18 " Little children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many anitchrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. " There are a couple of areas we do Not agree on -- the free will and our salvation. Our salvation is Not based on anything we can ever do to work our way To heaven. We Do need to make a personal decision To accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior.

Active
There are 4 verses using the term antichrist... in the king James ( I am not JKO) there is no mention of " the antichrist".

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

We Christians have used the term antichrist where God did not.. John penned the above and also,The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Loyal
Reba 1 -- I use the NKJ. -- the word 'antichrist' is Capitalized the first time and a 'a' the second time. Just looking in my NIV -- the first useage isn't capitalized neither is the second one. However, the context says that "that antichrist shall come" -- speaking of a future time and the second time it's speaking of "even now there are many antichrists". Both are true -- in the future 'antichrist' will come. And there have been many people teaching 'anti' - Christ. They don't teach Christ , crucified and risen again. And That is a false teaching. They are teaching 'anti- Christ'.

And That is exactly what you're sharing in those passages.

Midway through the coming 7 yr tribulation passage - the Antichrist will make himself known. And the same thing is true of the word 'tribulation'. Believers have experienced 'tribulation' periods of time during their time of being a believer. But there will Also be a 7-yr period Of tribulation. And the 2nd half is referred to as the Great Tribulation.

And, yes, it's All inspired Scripture -- God through the Holy Spirit through holy men who God chose to give His Word To so that we can now read it.

Active
@Sue D. "Midway through the coming 7 yr tribulation passage - the Antichrist will make himself known. " What passage of Scripture do you have to back your statement?
And there have been many people teaching 'anti' - Christ. They don't teach Christ , crucified and risen again. And That is a false teaching. They are teaching 'anti- Christ'.
totally agree

Loyal
1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

All 5 references to antichrist and spirit of antichrist should all have a lowercase 'a'

Reba 1 -- I use the NKJ. -- the word 'antichrist' is Capitalized the first time and a 'a' the second time. Just looking in my NIV -- the first useage isn't capitalized neither is the second one. However, the context says that "that antichrist shall come" -- speaking of a future time and the second time it's speaking of "even now there are many antichrists". Both are true -- in the future 'antichrist' will come. And there have been many people teaching 'anti' - Christ. They don't teach Christ , crucified and risen again. And That is a false teaching. They are teaching 'anti- Christ'.

All 5 references are translated from the same Greek word, for some reason some translations and the Vine's dictionary have used the upper case 'A' which is not correctly translated.

Greek Strong's Number: G500
Greek Word: ἀντίχριστος
Transliteration: antichristos
Phonetic Pronunciation: an-tee'-khris-tos
Vine's Words: Antichrist
English Words used in KJV:
antichrist 5
[Total Count: 5]
from <G473> (anti) and <G5547> (Christos); an opponent of the Messiah :- antichrist.
Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

Loyal
Reba 1 -- looking at Daniel chapter 9 vs 27 -- at the middle of the week events and what I've learned over the years -- Precepts' Bible studies, etc.

Loyal
Maybe it's because in the English language -- Capitalizing indicates a specific person / a particular person? Antichrist being a specific person where as 'antichrist' referring in a general sense?

Loyal
Maybe it's because in the English language -- Capitalizing indicates a specific person / a particular person? Antichrist being a specific person where as 'antichrist' referring in a general sense?

I don't see how it can be better in the English language Sue, it was lower case in the original language, it should be lower case in the translation.

The Truth is in The Word, The Word must be translated correctly or it can give the wrong meaning.

'antichrist' is against Christ, the opposite of, the opponent of, to capitalise Anti or Christ in antichrist is capitalising against our Lord Sue.

Jesus Christ (Capitalised)

The devil, satan, demons, antichrist. (lower case)

Loyal
I don't see how it can be better in the English language Sue, it was lower case in the original language, it should be lower case in the translation.

The Truth is in The Word, The Word must be translated correctly or it can give the wrong meaning.

'antichrist' is against Christ, the opposite of, the opponent of, to capitalise Anti or Christ in antichrist is capitalising against our Lord Sue.

LOL, Alright Paul, you know what "Festus" told you!

"And as he thus spoke for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, you are beside yourself; much learning does make you mad."

:joy: Yea, Sue, he thinks he's so smart! Bringing up those Greek words! :joy: LOL! Hehehe

Loyal
Sorry guys, I could not help it! You ever been on a debate team. Where you had to switch and play the other side. LOL, ok. Please forgive me Brother-Paul! :blush: It was out of love!

Loyal

And That is the point. God's Word is telling those who read it -- that there will be those teaching Against Jesus Christ being the Son of God. People Will be and have Been in the past teaching Non- Jesus Christ. They have been teaching antichrist. And in the Future there will Be an actual person the Antichrist -- a world leader who everyone will be following and he will become the Antichrist. He will turn Against anyone who believes / trusts him. He will have an antichrist -like spirit indwelling him.

When translating from one language to another, ya have to deal with getting the Best word useage to get the right thoughts / ideas across / understood in the other language. Which means that there have been and continue To Be those who teach Against Jesus Christ being the Son of God -- they teach non-Christ most everything. And there will also Be a person doing exactly that during the 7 yr tribulation period. 1/2 way through -- the Antichrist will take his place.

Loyal
Greek and Hebrew and some Armaic are what our Scriptures came from. God, through the Holy Spirit, gave us His Word and has also made it possible for everyone since then to be able to understand in their own language.

Loyal
LOL, Alright Paul, you know what "Festus" told you!

"And as he thus spoke for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, you are beside yourself; much learning does make you mad."

:joy: Yea, Sue, he thinks he's so smart! Bringing up those Greek words! :joy: LOL! Hehehe

I think nothing of the kind PB.

I am but a humble servant, sharing the Truth in The Word.

Without the crying laughter one could be offended.

Loyal
Greek and Hebrew and some Armaic are what our Scriptures came from. God, through the Holy Spirit, gave us His Word and has also made it possible for everyone since then to be able to understand in their own language.

But if there are items that can mislead these must be made clear. I do not accept God's Word as a preacher may put it, I check it for myself, I check the translation as I did here.

Are you telling me Sue that you would put Devil or devil, Satan or satan?

antichrist

NOT Antichrist and NOT antiChrist.

May be you choose to capitalise devil, satan, antichrist, I certainly don't, and it is not translated correctly with a capital.

Shalom

Loyal
Sorry guys, I could not help it! You ever been on a debate team. Where you had to switch and play the other side. LOL, ok. Please forgive me Brother-Paul! :blush: It was out of love!

Your forgiven that is not a problem.

Sometimes we miss things, we all do, sometime we see things that strike us funny, others may not.

Remember I asked a week ago...

Is syntax something you pay for committing adultery?

You didn't get the joke and gave me a long speech of what syntax really meant.

My turn to chuckle now PB :joy::joy::joy: