• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Blinded, not able to really understand the bible??

Active
Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you.
Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you.

Some translations suggest when he wrote that verse that those whom had received that faith were the believers. Other translations lead on the believe that all have received the faith
necessary to believe.
I add Romans 9:20-21 and Romans 11:25 to suggest the faith given to believe was only given to those who are believers, those whom are selected to be the vessels of mercy.

The verse you used also suggests to not think of yourself any higher than you should because you received something that others did not, I.E. avoid self righteousness!

Active
The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS personally those who OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

You aren't even considered known by God personally if you don't love Him by obeying Him.

God so loved the world is about God loving His creation.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

He loved us is about 'us' in general, for He doesn't love you personally, or even know you personally if you don't love Him by obeying Him.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands;

God hates with a passion the wicked who love violence.

Psalm 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Psalm 5:5 The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all workers of iniquity.

Romans 9:13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

All those who preach faith alone aren't going to be able to dismiss God's Word without feeling convicted of falseness.

Active
The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS personally those who OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

You aren't even considered known by God personally if you don't love Him by obeying Him.

God so loved the world is about God loving His creation.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

He loved us is about 'us' in general, for He doesn't love you personally, or even know you personally if you don't love Him by obeying Him.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands;

God hates with a passion the wicked who love violence.

Psalm 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Psalm 5:5 The boastful cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all workers of iniquity.

Romans 9:13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

All those who preach faith alone aren't going to be able to dismiss God's Word without feeling convicted of falseness.
We love Him because He first loved us!

Years ago the Lord and I had a way of Him teaching me which was to wake me up in the middle of the night and look at the clock to see the time and I would be spoken to in one
word, like Matthew, Luke, etc.... So I knew what the book chapter and verse I was to look at was. I usually got up and checked it out and it was an answer to what I had been searching
for and it happened quite often.
One particular night, it was the third time in the same night that I was woken and heard the word Jeremiah, its 3:33 in the morning and I was quite tired, My wife was dead asleep
in a king size bed a few feet away from me. When I knew what He wanted me to do I laid there and never moved but tried to plead with Him to let me look at it when I got up
that morning. Well instead of letting me wait He spoke to me through my asleep wife these words, "YOUR NOT DOING WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO" she settled a bit and never
woke and still to this day does not know she was used.
Long story short Jeremiah 33:3 says:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Well I did and He started showing line upon line and precept upon precept for nearly 2 yrs straight. That is Holy Ghost school when you are instructed in the word by the one who
wrote the book and knows the meanings of all the words of the book.

Be still and let the Holy Ghost teach you for you still have a rather large beam in your eye and are wreaking havoc on those you are trying to supposedly help!

Active
We love Him because He first loved us!
That is about GOD'S CREATION.
God loved His creation!
He doesn't even know us personally unless we OBEY Jesus.
I gave you the scriptures that say that.
Years ago the Lord and I had a way of Him teaching me which was to wake me up in the middle of the night and look at the clock to see the time and I would be spoken to in one
word, like Matthew, Luke, etc.... So I knew what the book chapter and verse I was to look at was. I usually got up and checked it out and it was an answer to what I had been searching
for and it happened quite often.
One particular night, it was the third time in the same night that I was woken and heard the word Jeremiah, its 3:33 in the morning and I was quite tired, My wife was dead asleep
in a king size bed a few feet away from me. When I knew what He wanted me to do I laid there and never moved but tried to plead with Him to let me look at it when I got up
that morning. Well instead of letting me wait He spoke to me through my asleep wife these words, "YOUR NOT DOING WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO" she settled a bit and never
woke and still to this day does not know she was used.
Long story short Jeremiah 33:3 says:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Well I did and He started showing line upon line and precept upon precept for nearly 2 yrs straight. That is Holy Ghost school when you are instructed in the word by the one who
wrote the book and knows the meanings of all the words of the book.

Be still and let the Holy Ghost teach you for you still have a rather large beam in your eye and are wreaking havoc on those you are trying to supposedly help!
Just listen to what you said. You are going against me for saying we have to obey, and yet---you believe you were told to obey!

Active
You should really get a clue.

Where was that stated by me?
There are 2 commandments
1 Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart soul and mind.
2 Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

I.E. walk in the spirit of LOVE.
Even though these are called commandments, they are more like promises. For once one is quickened these become a part of the individual who was quickened, for they are zealous
for the things of God, righteousness in particular, avoiding sin at all costs. For they know they are known of Him and strive to please Him.

Active
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

1 John 4:9 "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."

Active
You should really get a clue.
You should deal with the scriptures I gave you instead of just being insulting.
Oh good you don't believe in faith alone to get saved?
There are 2 commandments
1 Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart soul and mind.
2 Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
You can't do those 2 commandments without doing EVERYTHING Jesus says to do.
You misunderstand what Jesus says.

I.E. walk in the spirit of LOVE.
Even though these are called commandments, they are more like promises. For once one is quickened these become a part of the individual who was quickened, for they are zealous
for the things of God, righteousness in particular, avoiding sin at all costs. For they know they are known of Him and strive to please Him.
The point is the thread topic and no one getting LOVED, UNDERSTANDING, and KNOWN by God UNLESS they obey to get saved.

Active
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

1 John 4:9 "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."
"Us" is us in general.
God so loved the WORLD His CREATION.

Active
Oh good you don't believe in faith alone to get saved?
Actually it is by grace through faith.

Romans 3:26-28 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? NO, but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

What you fail to understand is that salvation is a gift imparted through the faith that God gives. The becoming a son part is another story, of which
you seem to not know of.

Active
"Us" is us in general.
God so loved the WORLD His CREATION.

Are you not part of creation, at least in the flesh? But the real love of the Father is the spirit within you, not your flesh and blood.
The world was created to satisfy the cravings of the carnal mind, to keep the non elect happy and constructive during their brief existence in this dispensation.

Active
Actually it is by grace through faith.

Romans 3:26-28 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? NO, but by the law of faith.
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

What you fail to understand is that salvation is a gift imparted through the faith that God gives. The becoming a son part is another story, of which
you seem to not know of.
So you do believe in faith alone?

Why did you say you didn't?

Jesus justifies us now by just our having faith that his blood does.

We still have to obey, we just don't have to do the works of the law, which are the purification works of the law,

God has given every person the ability to have faith.

No one becomes a son without repenting of sins and having faith.

Active
Are you not part of creation, at least in the flesh?
Of course.
God so loved the world is about God loving His creation, and that means us too.
But the real love of the Father is the spirit within you, not your flesh and blood.
We are love flesh and spirit by God.
The world was created to satisfy the cravings of the carnal mind,
What? No.
to keep the non elect happy and constructive during their brief existence in this dispensation.
lol No way.

Active
This is what I responded to. Your post says nothing about salvation specifically! to which I replied
It wasn't, as it was you.
So you do believe in faith alone?
For salvation yes, as it cannot be by any works period. But as I stated earlier becoming a son to the fullest sense requires your obedience and death to self. There is a difference.
Of course.

We are love flesh and spirit by God.

What? No.

lol No way.
Flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom. The New spiritual creature within you does.
Your answer of NO as to why the world was created only proves your lack of understanding Gods purpose in the physical creation.

He loved us is about 'us' in general, for He doesn't love you personally, or even know you personally if you don't love Him by obeying Him

By your own words you show us that you do not know of what you speak. God created you, so how say you that He does not even know you personally as He works all things
after the counsel of His own will, including every aspect of your daily life? And known to God are ALL His works, Are you not one of them?

Loyal
For salvation yes, as it cannot be by any works period. But as I stated earlier becoming a son to the fullest sense requires your obedience and death to self. There is a difference.

Is the any verse in the Bible that says it's by Faith "alone". Or is the word "alone" something you added yourself?
There is a verse in the Bible that says it's not by faith alone. In fact it's the only verse in the Bible where "faith" and "alone" are in the same verse together.

Active
This is what I responded to. Your post says nothing about salvation specifically! to which I replied

It wasn't, as it was you.
You are too confused and it doesn't make sense.
For salvation yes, as it cannot be by any works period.
We aren't saved by doing what the Way says?!!!

You misunderstand Paul!

You think Paul is explaining that we don't do any obedience to get saved but it is the works of the law he is explaining we don't do anymore!

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

But as I stated earlier becoming a son to the fullest sense requires your obedience and death to self. There is a difference.
No one receives the Holy Spirit without obeying.

You won't be called BLESSED, a FAMILY MEMBER/SON, and a DISCIPLE and FRIEND UNLESS THEY OBEY.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples
Flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom. The New spiritual creature within you does.
We still have to obey with our flesh and spirit.
Your answer of NO as to why the world was created only proves your lack of understanding Gods purpose in the physical creation.
I can hardly believe you said what you did.

By your own words you show us that you do not know of what you speak. God created you, so how say you that He does not even know you personally as He works all things
after the counsel of His own will, including every aspect of your daily life? And known to God are ALL His works, Are you not one of them?
God knows everyone, but the scriptures tell us plainly that He does NOT have a personal relationship with you unless you obey Him.

Active
Is the any verse in the Bible that says it's by Faith "alone". Or is the word "alone" something you added yourself?
There is a verse in the Bible that says it's not by faith alone. In fact it's the only verse in the Bible where "faith" and "alone" are in the same verse together.
I did not add the word alone. You'll have to pass that by @Godstruth

The verse says specifically that Eph 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it (faith) is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."
For me this speaks for itself.

The righteousness of God is the thing that we are to seek ye first, once you got that down the rest will be added unto you.
The righteousness of God is that He gives justification unto life because of what Jesus did, freely to all, but in a predestined order. And therefore God is the justifier of those who receive
faith to believe.

Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time, His righteousness: that He might be just and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." So what does this verse imply
God is the justifier of each individual that He gives the faith necessary to believe. It really is that simple, God gives one the faith to believe and they then are justified by the faith that was given
to them and therefore are not allowed to boast as if it were of a work on their part in any way shape or form.

Active
You are too confused and it doesn't make sense.

We aren't saved by doing what the Way says?!!!

You misunderstand Paul!

You think Paul is explaining that we don't do any obedience to get saved but it is the works of the law he is explaining we don't do anymore!

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one receives the Holy Spirit without obeying.

You won't be called BLESSED, a FAMILY MEMBER/SON, and a DISCIPLE and FRIEND UNLESS THEY OBEY.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

We still have to obey with our flesh and spirit.

I can hardly believe you said what you did.

God knows everyone, but the scriptures tell us plainly that He does NOT have a personal relationship with you unless you obey Him.
I have notrhing left to discuss with you as you are completely unreceptive to anything I or most anyone else tries to tell you. Your mind is made up and thats fine for now, but I'm done.

Active
Galatians 3:2 could be added to the discussion here " This only would I learn of you, received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of FAITH?
indeed the whole 3rd chapter is about remaining in the faith and not being moved o justify yourself, as you have already been justified and sealed simply by the faith you received.

Loyal
Galatians 3:2 could be added to the discussion here " This only would I learn of you, received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of FAITH?
indeed the whole 3rd chapter is about remaining in the faith and not being moved o justify yourself, as you have already been justified and sealed simply by the faith you received.

As discussed earlier. The "works of the law" in Galatians, is ceremonial law, circumcision. The whole book of Galatians is about circumcision.

Active
I have notrhing left to discuss with you as you are completely unreceptive to anything I or most anyone else tries to tell you. Your mind is made up and thats fine for now, but I'm done.
Are you claiming others here changed their minds to your beliefs because of something you said?