• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Blinded, not able to really understand the bible??

Active
But those words are not Jesus. Jesus is a person that does the Holy Ghost baptism to you to quicken you unto life from the dead. It is not in words it is in power and demonstration of the Spirit.
Just listen to what you said. You went against the words... You don't know that is wrong?

Active
You are speaking about a PROPHET. You are speaking about a chosen for the teaching of God's Word. Isaiah already belonged to God, and, God does many things for those who belong to Him. You have to belong to Him first.
God was not speaking about Isaiah in those verses, pay attention.

Active
Just listen to what you said. You went against the words... You don't know that is wrong?
John 5:39-40 "Search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they that testify of Me. AND YE WILL NOT COME TO ME, THAT YE MAY HAVE LIFE."

There is a difference in searching the scriptures and thinking you have life vs coming to Jesus and receiving life. But ye will not come until the Father draw you. When it is your turn
then you will understand.
God was not speaking about Isaiah in those verses, pay attention.
There are no ears with which to hear. A searching soul but still no ears or eyes yet.

Active
John 5:39-40 "Search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they that testify of Me. AND YE WILL NOT COME TO ME, THAT YE MAY HAVE LIFE."

There is a difference in searching the scriptures and thinking you have life vs coming to Jesus and receiving life. But ye will not come until the Father draw you. When it is your turn
then you will understand.
You have no understanding. Jesus is NOT saying the scriptures DON'T teach how to have eternal life!!! He is saying that they go to the scriptures for eternal life and don't recognize it is him whom those scriptures speak of!!!

Active
Isaiah spoke the word of God TO GOD's PEOPLE. You have to become a child of God's first.
Actually God was speaking about moving the King of Assyria by putting a hook in his nose and bridle on his lips.

6 And Isaiah said unto them, Thus shall ye say unto your master, Thus saith the Lord, Be not afraid of the words that thou hast heard, wherewith the servants of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me.

7 Behold, I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land.”

God can move the saved and the unsaved to fulfill His will, purpose or desire.

Active
Actually God was speaking about moving the King of Assyria by putting a hook in his nose and bridle on his lips.

6 And Isaiah said unto them, Thus shall ye say unto your master, Thus saith the Lord, Be not afraid of the words that thou hast heard, wherewith the servants of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me.

7 Behold, I will send a blast upon him, and he shall hear a rumour, and return to his own land; and I will cause him to fall by the sword in his own land.”

God can move the saved and the unsaved to fulfill His will, purpose or desire.
I'm not going to go debating you about that exact passage, since it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. God works in His children, and He doesn't work in anyone to make them believe and obey Him for salvation.

Active
You couldn't hear me no matter how I explained it for you hear not with spiritual ears.
You have so judged yourself.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.